VanaFest Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » VanaFest Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway!
VanaFest Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway!
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 54 55 56
 Ragnarok.Takagi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2012-07-17 10:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Katsidhe said: »
why did jp have a rank 1 prize, but na/eu have to share 1, totally unfair

But they dont?

EU is Rank 1 (1 winner), Rank 2 (25 winners), Rank 3 (100 winners), Rank 4 (500 winners)
http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/event/vanafest2012/

NA is Rank 1 (1 winner), Rank 2 (250 winners), Rank 3 (1,000 winners), Rank 4 (5,000 winners)
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/event/vanafest2012/index.html

Or is there something I'm missing?
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-17 10:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't have to pick 5 numbers.

They had only 1 chance, and had to pick 5 numbers. They couldn't get 10 different ones to make sure they get at least rank 5, it was either they got it or they didn't.

All we had to do is answer a stupid obvious question to be put in the drawing.

They could of made it the same way for us but for some reason they decided not to, forcing us to share AND get a level 90 version instead.
[+]
 Shiva.Redpheonix
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Redpheonix 2012-07-17 10:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I believe that was the reason the NA EU players are guaranteed a winner so because of this it is just a level 90 version.

The Japanese players must correctly choose the exact right number which is highly unlikely with just 1 go and they may not even have a winner at all.

I'm not sure why they have opted for this but I actually like the fact that they guarantee someone will get the prizes I just wish they had set a few more to give because its not exactly game breaking to hand them out or could at least drop Empys to Rank 2?.
By Artemicion 2012-07-17 10:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

People also seem to forget that international contest laws are simply awful and difficult to work around. Regardless of whether it's actual prizes or digital ones.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-07-17 12:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/25523

I suppose, since that is a prize of the event, that we can expect them to take longer than the 27th to pick random numbers. I'm sure no one is surprised here.
 Fenrir.Ginny
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Ginny 2012-07-17 15:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Or they could end up giving the prizes out soon, then releasing the actual battle later. It's a stupid idea, which means it is incredibly likely.
[+]
 Phoenix.Eiryn
Server: Phoenix
user: Eiryn
By Phoenix.Eiryn 2012-07-17 16:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »

They had only 1 chance, and had to pick 5 numbers. They couldn't get 10 different ones to make sure they get at least rank 5, it was either they got it or they didn't.

They could of made it the same way for us but for some reason they decided not to, forcing us to share AND get a level 90 version instead.

I seem to remember hearing that the reason they didn't use the pick-a-number format for NA/EU was due to gambling laws in Canada. Paraphrasing of course, but I think in Canada it is illegal to hold/participate in a contest that is purely luck based. There has to be some sort of skill involved. Hence the easy question.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
Server: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-07-17 16:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone in the official forum posted that a JP won first prize in their contest and chose an Aymur.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/24687-JP-bonanza-compared-to-the-NA-EU/page5
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-17 16:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope he'll be happy with it. °w°
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-17 16:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So he got a free afterglow mythic? And it was Aymur? Well congrats to him. Not sure why they'd pick bst, but I hope they have fun with it.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-17 16:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

No, he won the Japanese equivalent of our bonanza, which awarded him a 90 Aymur. To the best of my knowledge, the winner of the special fanfest bonanza hasn't been announced.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-17 16:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ohhhhhh ok. Not that it really changes much, but cg to him.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By digiEndLS 2012-07-17 17:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing says love like perles.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Crollion
Server: Carbuncle
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2012-07-17 17:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Eiryn said: »

I seem to remember hearing that the reason they didn't use the pick-a-number format for NA/EU was due to gambling laws in Canada. Paraphrasing of course, but I think in Canada it is illegal to hold/participate in a contest that is purely luck based. There has to be some sort of skill involved. Hence the easy question.

Hate to let u down but it aint canada we do have lotteries based on pure luck just like in the states has to be in europe or something.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-17 17:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

digiEndLS said: »

Atleast it's not a Kannagi.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-17 17:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Why am I not surprised?
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-07-17 17:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong taru bst ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-07-17 18:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesnt the JP one give a 99 afterglow version?
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Server: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2012-07-17 18:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There was no golden gobbiebag for Japanese they just had the mog bon at the vanafest. So if true he has a level 99 afterglow lolbst axe
By Quiznor 2012-07-17 18:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
digiEndLS said: »

Atleast it's not a Kannagi.

I knew that they had the bonanza and not the GGG,but I assumed this picture was the alledged winner of the JP bonanza,hence my comment
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2012-07-17 18:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong taru bst ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

Oh dear lord Fondue. You are totally off my christmas card list now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2012-07-17 18:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Crollion said: »

Hate to let u down but it aint canada we do have lotteries based on pure luck just like in the states has to be in europe or something.
Blame Quebec. They're the reason we can't have nice things.
By Quiznor 2012-07-17 18:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Here in europe we have lotteries that are all luck too and no skill involved and frequently have no guarenteed winner
 Phoenix.Eiryn
user: Eiryn
By Phoenix.Eiryn 2012-07-17 18:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Crollion said: »

Ahh, ok, sorry. This was something I had heard, seemed legit and factual enough to be true. Didn't do any research on it myself as I should have.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-07-17 19:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The JPs had a "nomad mog bonanza" where they were allowed to pick one 0~99999 number per SE account. The rank 1 prize selection was the same as ours except their relic/mythic/emps were lv99 and had afterglow.

I don't know what that screenshot is of, or whether they won anything or not, but what I can say is whatever it was, it wasn't the JP mog bonanza otherwise it would be lv99 and glowing.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-17 19:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering a horrible perle lv90 Aymur just happened to pop up at the same time that JPs are getting floods of AA weapons and such, I'm not counting out the possibility that they got a second secret contest or some ***.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-07-17 19:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the misconception is that the JPs got a mog bonanza AND a gobbiebag giveaway. They didn't.

They did get 2 drawings, however. One was for all JPs with an SE account (1 chance per account), and one was only for the people who attended Vanafest, and only on the 24th, not the 23rd.

The details of the "real life" bonanza were disclosed at the event, and I suspect only a person who attended it would know what was at stake to win. From the sound of it however, it was a lottery drawing rather than a "winning number" type dealing, which would imply different rules and perhaps different prizes.

It could be that they erroneously reported the real mog bonanza prizes for where the nomad mog bonanza prizes should have been, and that the JPs indeed only had a chance to win a lv90 weapon.

Again, it might also be the case that a JP linked to an NA/EU SE account and won our giveaway. I'll agree that something doesn't sit right.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-17 19:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Okipuit said:
Thank you for your patience while waiting for the GGG results.
We just wanted to keep you in the loop and let you know that our Goblins are in crunch time, working 24/7 and coordinating the the Mog House Management Union to make sure your prizes arrive safely. I keep /poking them for an exact date but they only grumble about their plans to send within July.
Sorry we can't squeeze more out of them but we will be sure to let you know once the Goblins have finished their all their deliveries!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-17 19:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Translation:

Our goblins are JP, so they only handed out JP stuff in a timely manner. Expect yours by the next Horizon's Transit of Venus. Thank you.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 54 55 56