SE needs to fix hate
First Page 2 3
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-05-20 23:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was fighting Cassie with my friends the other day. THF, BRD, WHM, & RNG. Everytime he uses Sweet breath and put us to zzz he would go yellow after a few seconds.

Mobs shouldn't go yellow till people in PT die >.>;; yes I know sometimes it does but SE really needs to fix that.

I'm expecting (your whm shoulda stay outta range comments) or its yellow its fair game...
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-20 23:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet Breath resets hate if I recall. It went yellow because hate was low enough for it to go unclaimed, but high enough (0.01%) to want to kill you. Haven't fought Cassie since the Enmity cap except in Nyzul, but meh...yeah. Rage mobs are on different hate scales than normal mobs.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-20 23:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah...lifes a *** and then you die.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-05-20 23:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
Sweet Breath resets hate if I recall. It went yellow because hate was low enough for it to go unclaimed, but high enough (0.01%) to want to kill you. Haven't fought Cassie since the Enmity cap except in Nyzul, but meh...yeah. Rage mobs are on different hate scales than normal mobs.

Yeah that is lame JP whm tried flash a few times still didn't turn red for him.
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-20 23:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually...no. I don't remember Sweet Breath resetting hate. Blame it on the Rage mob. It happens. Like I was fighting Simurgh, and parsed like 80% of the damage, but a THF WS' for 500~ directly after I did a 1k+, and he got hate. Like I said, Rage mobs seem to lose hate a shitload quicker than normal mobs.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-05-20 23:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It definately wasn't raged was only 20 minutes in. It's like when no one is engaged it goes yellow ocassional. Unless ya keep flashing and voke etc.
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-20 23:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

By rage mobs, I meant anything that CAN rage. xD Not that YOUR cassie was raged. o.o
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-20 23:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to make it so BLMs don't tank after their first nuke....
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-05-20 23:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if CC has a hate reset attack... either way it still shouldn't go yellow after hate reset... cos other mobs with Hate resets never go yellow just like that.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-20 23:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
Actually...no. I don't remember Sweet Breath resetting hate. Blame it on the Rage mob. It happens. Like I was fighting Simurgh, and parsed like 80% of the damage, but a THF WS' for 500~ directly after I did a 1k+, and he got hate. Like I said, Rage mobs seem to lose hate a shitload quicker than normal mobs.

Everytime i was on thf for simmurgh I more or less kept hate for most the fight. Even right after doing 2k TA sharkbites onto a pld/war. Was rediculous. I'm guessing that we were both at the non decaying hate cap and well thf dps on simmurgh is kinda rediculous at least a good one.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-05-20 23:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

My Rng is the most fun on Simurgh until he uses Evasion boosts. 3k Sidewinders forces me to /nin instead of /sam
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-21 00:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Didnt get to fight it on thf much since the only help I could get for 20/22 fights was a drg. So I had to come rdm/whm to support him lol. Still he singlehandely easily did all the dmg and faster then the 1 full pt that showed up once and almost raged it
 Shiva.Aaralyn
Server: Shiva
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2009-05-21 00:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh. I've noticed that happening with regular mobs, too. Was in Lufaise skilling up shield. I would get the mob down to about 3% or so, then disengage and just stand there (seemed I got more shield skill ups while I wasn't engaged.) Soon as I would disengage, it would turn yellow. I never noticed regular mobs do that before, while fooling around on WHM or RDM.
 Asura.Vespera
By Asura.Vespera 2009-05-21 00:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not good... Did you have DoTs on it? Not sure if that would help keep it in your claim. But you're right, there's plenty of NMs that do AOE moves that prevent any activity being performed on it; doesn't mean it should pop unclaimed because of it ><
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-05-21 00:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it comes back to the hate issue... like when you cure someone and get enough hate, it can turn yellow.
 Asura.Vespera
By Asura.Vespera 2009-05-21 00:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like i'll be macroing in +enmity for all my claiming tools x.x
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-21 00:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaralyn said:
Eh. I've noticed that happening with regular mobs, too. Was in Lufaise skilling up shield. I would get the mob down to about 3% or so, then disengage and just stand there (seemed I got more shield skill ups while I wasn't engaged.) Soon as I would disengage, it would turn yellow. I never noticed regular mobs do that before, while fooling around on WHM or RDM.

That has happened for a long time. I think it came with the whole MPK update. But yeah disengaging mobs will turn them yellow after a time if you dont do anything
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-21 00:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Aaralyn said:

That has happened for a long time. I think it came with the whole MPK update. But yeah disengaging mobs will turn them yellow after a time if you dont do anything

This can be troublesome for BSTs soloing NMs. I've seen NMs stolen during pet swaps, doesn't seem fair that a basic mechanic of the job risks losing claim.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-21 00:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Dasva said:
Aaralyn said:

This can be troublesome for BSTs soloing NMs. I've seen NMs stolen during pet swaps, doesn't seem fair that a basic mechanic of the job risks losing claim.

Probably cause you didnt see it before bst were mpking people like crazy
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-21 00:53:06
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Nightfyre said:
Dasva said:
Aaralyn said:

Why can't it Stay red?

Well if they can steal the NM while im solo'ing means I can GM them right because its unfair
screw mpk'ing people
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-21 00:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
Dasva said:
Nightfyre said:
Dasva said:
Aaralyn said:

Why can't it Stay red?

Well if they can steal the NM while im solo'ing means I can GM them right because its unfair
screw mpk'ing people

Its unfair that you can get a lvl80 mob to do all the work for you
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-21 01:01:35

Dasva said:
Thunderz said:
Dasva said:
Nightfyre said:
Dasva said:
Aaralyn said:

Why can't it Stay red?

screw mpk'ing people

Its unfair that you can get a lvl80 mob to do all the work for you

EXCUSE ME, WOW

Bst takes alot of effort and a single mistake can get you killed!
IT takes Skill and concentration. It only takes 1 mischarm and your screwed
We work for our claim and we deserve the satisfaction as any other solo jobs

I can say the same to RDM's running around DoTing the mob to death? Easy? "your dots is doing all the work"

no I wont because that job takes alot of skill and Ace equipment to do what it does

So im Sorry your blatant comment is uninformed and it very mean to the job
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-21 01:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol no where in my comment did I say no skill. Anywhere. Ahem try actually using a move on the mob... omg red
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-21 01:06:03

Dasva said:
Lol no where in my comment did I say no skill. Anywhere. Ahem try actually using a move on the mob... omg red

I didn't say you were attacking the players skill but I just stated

I am using a move on the mob.

/pet charm <t>
/pet attack <t>
/pet sic <t>

/pet release
/repeat

sounds like a rdm solo right

Gravity
Bind
Poison
Bio
etc repeat (im not sure how it goes)

but still the same
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-21 01:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
Dasva said:

I didn't say you were attacking the players skill but I just stated

I am using a move on the mob.

/pet charm <t>
/pet attack <t>
/pet sic <t>

/pet release
/repeat

sounds like a rdm solo right

Gravity
Bind
Poison
Bio
etc repeat (im not sure how it goes)

but still the same

Im say using a move that will where you actually do something to the mob. This way of doing things is part of the way pet pulling actually works too for that matter and id never give that up even though I rarely use it. I mean if you actually idk cast a spell on the mob wouldnt you keep claim until you charmed something else or tried to anyways?
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-21 01:13:22

the problem with BST is you get like 1% hate or something on the mob (1)

like lets call it aggro hate

this kind of hate is good because your pet will get aggro off you the moment it melees the NM once

Trying to build more hate on the NM is VERY bad since the pet will have to melee him more to take the hate off you

Some NMs hit very hard and could potentially kill you. Oh and Dia is 50/50 since your /whm so if it does 0 and doesn't last long your just building hate on the NM

(1) this is pretty much the reason why the Mob turns yellow/white/unclaimed
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-21 01:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh its draw back from not taking any real action on mob that was a fix to other problems
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-21 01:16:07

Dasva said:
Meh its draw back from not taking any real action on mob that was a fix to other problems

btw explain how bst could mpk I wasn't there "in the old days"

could explain why they done it
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-21 01:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically charm release an aggroing mob... also anyone could train mobs and if you had claim on it you couldnt lose it regardless of who had hate... so if you could claim with low hate move get someone to cure you... yeah this happened
 Phoenix.Emiisuzu
Server: Phoenix
user: Emiisuzu
By Phoenix.Emiisuzu 2009-05-21 01:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Didnt get to fight it on thf much since the only help I could get for 20/22 fights was a drg. So I had to come rdm/whm to support him lol. Still he singlehandely easily did all the dmg and faster then the 1 full pt that showed up once and almost raged it

??? Why would a drg need you to comes as a mage even a half decently geared DRG can Solo Simmy as long as the /blu. Its is funny though to watch someone rage Simmy though saw a group of 8 people from an HNMLS rage him and wipe. I couldn't stop laughing for like 10 minutes strait. Was funny to see a whole group all with Nidhogg Slayer as their title dead around Simmy.
First Page 2 3