Carbuncle.Ambivalent
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: sunpride
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 14:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
Odin.Arkista said: »
I hope they add new jobs that would be great because there are alot of jobs they could add which would be sweet! Chocobo Knight main weapon Polearm with ability to equip a Shield have to do quest to have your own Chocobo. And can ride it while fighting. Just be nice to see some new stuff thats pretty cool.

Im going to say that would never happen in XI, lol.

This is why nobody will tell you the ideas or speculation that they have. It'll either be "Lol that won't happen" or "That would be stupid".

Well that's the entire point of speculation. You hash ideas out. Some are going to be stupid, but that's what makes it fun. Being a negative nancy and jumping in saying "No that's stupid" just makes you look like a jackass.
[+]
By zizek 2012-06-17 14:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

but looking at these pictures, i really wish this game would recieve a dx9 update atleast :(
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-17 14:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC and SCH weren't very useful for awhile till 75 cap was removed and now that we are at 99, they are faced with the same problems they had at 75. All SCH has going for it is a 2hr. Take that away, and they hardly have a use.
By zizek 2012-06-17 14:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

{onion} {knight}
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-17 14:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ambivalent said: »
I hope they add new jobs that would be great because there are alot of jobs they could add which would be sweet! Chocobo Knight main weapon Polearm with ability to equip a Shield have to do quest to have your own Chocobo. And can ride it while fighting. Just be nice to see some new stuff thats pretty cool.

This is why nobody will tell you the ideas or speculation that they have. It'll either be "Lol that won't happen" or "That would be stupid".

Well that's the entire point of speculation. You hash ideas out. Some are going to be stupid, but that's what makes it fun. Being a negative nancy and jumping in saying "No that's stupid" just makes you look like a jackass.

Considering SE said before they can't do combat on chocobo and you can't wear shields with 2 handed weapons, I think it's safe to say it won't happen. Has nothing to do with me saying its stupid (which I never said). Has more to do with the coding won't allow it.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-17 14:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC and SCH weren't very useful for awhile till 75 cap was removed and now that we are at 99
DNC was amazing at 75.
[+]
 Odin.Arkista
Server: Odin
By Odin.Arkista 2012-06-17 14:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that may never happen but doesnt hurt to throw some ideas out there. SE should really add some new jobs I like to play this game and would find a new job great if I liked it and was fun to play.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-17 14:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC and SCH weren't very useful for awhile till 75 cap was removed and now that we are at 99, they are faced with the same problems they had at 75. All SCH has going for it is a 2hr. Take that away, and they hardly have a use.

Except at 75 Sch could heal and nuke well, and they still can... Dnc was great at 75 for soloing, but it wasn't widely accepted in party/event play I don't think. Saber Dance makes it a really mean DD honestly.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 14:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ambivalent said: »

Considering SE said before they can't do combat on chocobo and you can't wear shields with 2 handed weapons, I think it's safe to say it won't happen. Has nothing to do with me saying its stupid (which I never said). Has more to do with the coding won't allow it.

So there's an interview where that is stated?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-17 14:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Except at 75 Sch could heal and nuke well, and they still can... Dnc was great at 75 for soloing, but it wasn't widely accepted in party/event play I don't think. Saber Dance makes it a really mean DD honestly.
Wasn't widely accepted because people were morons, DNC was one of the best jobs for Ein, limbus, and merits.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-17 14:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
DNC and SCH weren't very useful for awhile till 75 cap was removed and now that we are at 99
DNC was amazing at 75.

Merit parties yes. Not so much for end game.
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 14:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

And this is exactly why I have no problems with new jobs. As long as there's a small group of players who have fun using them, then why not? It's not like it breaks the balance of the game.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-17 14:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention guys, if they added new jobs, people would go 1-99 in a day or two through abyssea leeching and then would complain the new job doesn't have enough gear for it (like AF1-3). None of the new jobs had their AF put in immediately, just sayin'.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-17 14:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC was amazing at 75.

Merit parties yes. Not so much for end game.
Didn't know end game was only kings and sky gods.
[+]
By GraddHelian 2012-06-17 14:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC was literally amazing for Ein/Limbus/Nyzul any event where you are tearing through a crap ton of mobs.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-17 14:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright. I guess DNC was perfect when it came out and has always been very welcomed and useful to events.

Can't wait for new jobs. Hopefully they will bring people back to the game and will mask any problems the game has.

New jobs and areas should bring life back into this game and give us new and exciting content for several years to come.
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 14:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If they did add new jobs, I would hope that they would balance EXP accordingly. Even add quests unique to said job, every ten levels, that gives a new piece of gear. There are plenty of ways they could make Abyssea grinding less attractive. Most people Abyssea grind because it's so fast anyway, and it's always been done way before abyssea with chigoe and smn burns. If people want to get a job up through PLing, they'll find a way.

Making regular exp parties attractive (making the exp faster for a start) would be a great way to balance that out.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-17 14:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC pretty much was perfect when it came out.
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 14:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright. I guess DNC was perfect when it came out and has always been very welcomed and useful to events.

Can't wait for new jobs. Hopefully they will bring people back to the game and will mask any problems the game has.

New jobs and areas should bring life back into this game and give us new and exciting content for several years to come.

Don't get moody now.
[+]
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-06-17 14:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention guys, if they added new jobs, people would go 1-99 in a day or two through abyssea leeching and then would complain the new job doesn't have enough gear for it (like AF1-3). None of the new jobs had their AF put in immediately, just sayin'.
Im sure there are ways around being able to 1-99 in a day or two but many people would QQ about it.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-06-17 14:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Where we playing the same game at 75 cap? DNC & SCH were both insanely useful-- SCH was so much so that WHM viability diminished (Cure 5 was useless then). Thankfully SE didn't have to change WHM much since Abyssea was added a short time later.
By GraddHelian 2012-06-17 14:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't widely accepted because people were morons, DNC was one of the best jobs for Ein, limbus, and merits.

Didnt read up before I posted, and realized you beat me to it :(
[+]
By zizek 2012-06-17 14:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Geomancer and Time mage
[+]
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-06-17 14:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If they are adding jobs, I would like to see if they could come up with something cool to do with jobs from past FF:

Chemist/Engineer- naturally this job would entail high-level alchemy skills and be a "tool using" job like RNG, NIN, COR, but I could see it being fun.

Geomancer - Would be best if there was a SCH ability to allow terrain changes, but this job was fun and occasionally extremely useful in other games.

Oracle/Sage/Bishop/Illusionist/Calculator - Could see this working as a staff/club wielding hybrid of Monk and Scholar.

Time Mage - This would actually be the most difficult with the gameplay differences vs FFV and Tactics, but i keep thinking this (and the above jobs) could be fun even if they were just available as a subjob.

Naturally, I'm not saying any of this will happen, but anything to break the monotony of waiting for "Pil x5 Do you need it?" shouts would be welcome.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-17 14:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said: »

Where we playing the same game at 75 cap? DNC & SCH were both insanely useful-- SCH was so much so that WHM viability diminished (Cure 5 was useless then). Thankfully SE didn't have to change WHM much since Abyssea was added a short time later.

SCH and WHMs problem was more RDM than each other.
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 14:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Chemist is the job I'd want the most. For anyone who played the GW2 beta or has been following it at all, I'd like it to be similar to Engineer, with elixirs. Temps could regenerate through traits, and mix could be an ability to mix the temps into a different elixir. You could throw them for damage, use them for buffs or anything else.

getting new traits that opens another mix slot up (to a maximum of 5 or something) and then being able to use mighty guard would be fun.
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-06-17 14:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This will sound a bit out there and people will be like thats stupid but.... If they had new zones and whatever they add new jobs and you could only level them there untill you hit say 85 then you could do a quest to unlock the job from those zones so you could come back with that job and you have to do it for every new job they have. I guess like a status on you and you would have to job change before you could leave. And maybe add a 2nd home point.
By zizek 2012-06-17 14:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
Calculator
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 14:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted a second home point so much before they added the abyssea warps.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2012-06-17 14:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I know a lot of people who say "I can't wait for 2.0"

Well, you can tell both of them to enjoy that patch to ffxiv lol.

you're comment

Did you just call him a comment? How rude.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14