New Zones
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-17 10:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets hope this "expansion" isn't in any way like WOTG.
 Fenrir.Shotness
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Shotness 2012-06-17 10:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if the zones are bad, or the game play type is different AND terrible. It is still NEW CONTENT. Which means that except for crying for tweaks to things that already exist in the game. This will be entirely new, even if the experience of the content is not. It's not a re-skin like abyssea. It's a city, a new city means expansion, which could mean... wait for it... NEW JOBS. Even if it bombs and is worthless I would still grab it and try it out. Thank you SE
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
Server: Carbuncle
user: sunpride
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 11:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's just say, the addition of an expansion makes all the UI tweaks seem worth the time. Same with the two hour tweaks and other little things they've done. It's all well and good having them, but their pointless without content to use them on.
 Leviathan.Joyroth
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Joyroth 2012-06-17 11:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm I wonder if the new "Play as a Monster" is how the job Mimic will play for FFXI.
 Ragnarok.Spira
Server: Ragnarok
user: Spira
By Ragnarok.Spira 2012-06-17 11:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

its a new expansion.
I got word about its name too.

"Balances of Tanaka"

jk XD
i like the theories being thrown around here tho
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-17 11:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never seen SE add jobs to existing gear before, so everything for a new job would have to come from these zones, including a emp/relic/mythic weapon equivalent. I'm so sure thats gonna happen.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-17 11:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shotness said: »
Even if the zones are bad, or the game play type is different AND terrible. It is still NEW CONTENT. Which means that except for crying for tweaks to things that already exist in the game. This will be entirely new, even if the experience of the content is not. It's not a re-skin like abyssea. It's a city, a new city means expansion, which could mean... wait for it... NEW JOBS. Even if it bombs and is worthless I would still grab it and try it out. Thank you SE

Who cares about new content if it's useless outside admiring the architecture? This is what sank WOTG - tons of updated zones with absolutely nothing to do in them outside some Campaign battles.

New jobs? Please tell me you're kidding as FFXI is already too bloated with job classes as it is.

New areas are only as useful as the content put in them.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-17 11:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU and COR were added to Crimson set. BlU to homam.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-17 11:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, well what about weapons?
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-17 11:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, COR/BLU/PUP/DNC/SCH were never given a relic to start with.
 Odin.Arkista
Server: Odin
By Odin.Arkista 2012-06-17 12:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I've never seen SE add jobs to existing gear before, so everything for a new job would have to come from these zones, including a emp/relic/mythic weapon equivalent. I'm so sure thats gonna happen.
lol then how did they add DNC SCH to current gear???
 Carbuncle.Shokox
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-06-17 13:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

When BLU, COR, and PUP were initially added, they added their jobs to existing lvl 1~75 gear at the time (both weapons and armor). I assume it was a gigantic undertaking for them, however. I also assume that they never added them to relic weapons (or DNC & SCH), because the jobs were all brand spanking new, and they didn't want to create a gamebreaking job without people play-testing. Then from there, adding them to relics because a simple afterthought (I.E., they forgot).

If SE wanted to add more jobs to relic/emp, now would be the time *if* new job(s) are added.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-17 13:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are people even entertaining the prospect of new jobs? Half the classes in XI have issues and adding more jobs would do nothing more than water down the pathetic niches this game was supposed to run on.

RNGs distance niche means ***these days.
RDMs niche has been stolen by buffs to WHM, BLM and SCH.
BSTs niche is... soloing content for lowbies.
PUP is still lolPUP, never touching anyones endgame content.
PLD is still in limbo, never used at anything outside some Legion as a waller.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-06-17 13:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They already said they wouldnt be adding any new jobs to relics main reason it follows the storyline. Blu cor pup dnc and sch have better mythics which is pretty much their "relic". I hope this is a new expansion but its SE they might never add it to the game. Obviously the zones arent finish and still need a load of work on them. I cant see them releasing them like this it would ruin them as a company in this day and age of HD.
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 13:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Why are people even entertaining the prospect of new jobs? Half the classes in XI have issues and adding more jobs would do nothing more than water down the pathetic niches this game was supposed to run on.

People have fun speculating. Is that a problem?
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-06-17 13:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if there were new jobs, everyone will have them 99 by day 2. Leveling a new and fresh job isn't even fun anymore, and just adds balance issues.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-06-17 13:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

The ironic part about this statement is that this same question was asked prior to ToAU, and then prior to WoTG.

New jobs can simply be added to please fans... who want... new jobs, lol. It's not really rocket science, my man. And if SE goes forward and adds new jobs, it means they also have [initial] plans to have the job(s) work around older jobs without stepping on toes.

I agree on RNG, but that does not mean that content going forward will be as ***easy as it is right now with VW/AByssea. They may go back to adding those crazy *** NMs where it no longer becomes a zerg fest, but an actual lengthy battle where ranged placement is needed again.

SCH came with a gigantic concern to WHMs, BLMs, and RDMs when it was released. After getting fleshed out from BLMs and neutered so not similar to RDMs, it was only a WHM concern. Now it's been so retrofitted, it formed it's own niche now.

BST will always be it's own niche, no matter the job added. Same with PUP.

PLD I totally agree with. Has not changed since late 2007, and it's really sad. Maybe they should reformulate the enmity system or something.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-17 13:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather they fix current jobs and making worthwhile/fun content before adding even more jobs.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-06-17 13:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
I'd rather they fix current jobs and making worthwhile/fun content before adding even more jobs.

This same thing has been said since way back when as well-- you're looking/hoping for something that will never be "fixed". Blame people who hop from trending job to trending job every few major updates.
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-06-17 13:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

They should add NMs with smart mechanics and 60M HP.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-17 13:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said: »

This same thing has been said since way back when as well-- you're looking/hoping for something that will never be "fixed". Blame people who hop from trending job to trending job every few major updates.

Then I'd rather not have any new jobs at all.
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 13:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said: »

Then I'd rather not have any new jobs at all.

We're aware. Regardless, to those of us that are interested in them adding new jobs, we'll speculate.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-17 13:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What new job could they add that would be any different than ones we currently have? You'll end up getting even more jobs that aren't great for most content.
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 14:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What new job could they add that would be any different than ones we currently have? You'll end up getting even more jobs that aren't great for most content.

I'm not a game developer. I also roll with a linkshell who doesn't care about being optimal.

If there's a fun job added, then cool beans. (Scholar or Dancer for example)
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-17 14:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So you'd be generally happy if they added whatever as long as it was new?

What would be a fun job that we don't currently have? Hell, most of the DDs are pretty much the same in this game, just different WS animations and AF.
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-06-17 14:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they add new jobs that would be great because there are alot of jobs they could add which would be sweet! Chocobo Knight main weapon Polearm with ability to equip a Shield have to do quest to have your own Chocobo. And can ride it while fighting. Just be nice to see some new stuff thats pretty cool.
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 14:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as it was fun, yes.

Like I said, I don't know, I'm not a game developer.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-17 14:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Arkista said: »
I hope they add new jobs that would be great because there are alot of jobs they could add which would be sweet! Chocobo Knight main weapon Polearm with ability to equip a Shield have to do quest to have your own Chocobo. And can ride it while fighting. Just be nice to see some new stuff thats pretty cool.

Im going to say that would never happen in XI, lol.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-06-17 14:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, same question was asked, and they added DNC and SCH, to increasing success for both jobs over the years. They'll think of something... if they have intent to add new job(s).

I think sometimes, people don't give SE credit between all of the relentless Tanaka bashing, lol.
By zizek 2012-06-17 14:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

to me, it looks like a rough design using models already in the game, and assume they will make new building designs for a specific theme later (which is why it looks like jeuno and sandy etc)
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14