First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 156 157 158
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-24 15:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct, except for Dark/Light, since they're enfeebles only at the moment, so if they get resisted they just fail to land.
 Siren.Goteki
Server: Siren
user: Starfox
By Siren.Goteki 2012-06-30 18:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using atmacite Slayer, Destruction for wildfire. For my third atmacite which is better Shrewd or Valiant which adds +15 to all stats. I juggle between the two and can't figure out which one is better. Anyone with knowledge about the two can tell me which one to use. Thx.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-30 18:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Shrewd, considering mab is a lot less than agi in gear it becomes a pretty valuable tool(same reason why we pick it in abyssea over Gnarled horn). Then again, there's the usual enemy factor, where something with high mdb or int would make agi better(but then again it raises the question if this enemy resists magic so much, why are you even using WF?). Also Shrewd has enmity- and more importantly dt- which are very nice to have.
tldr: Shrewd.
 Siren.Goteki
By Siren.Goteki 2012-06-30 19:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

can you test the dmg with valiant compare to shrewd. I ask because I use a low lvl valiant and got better results then a lvl 10 Shrewd. And in Abyssea we already got enhancements which makes resisting in aby a joke so of course MAB would be optimal. I just dont feel like wasting all the cruor upgrading both. I feel stacking more AGI in areas like voidwatch gives better results then like you said less mab in gears, but thx for your input:)
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-30 19:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fine! Let me grab the calculator and see if it will disprove me.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-30 19:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect gear, blm sub, enemy with high int and no mdb and no buffs outside of atmacites:

Slayer/Destruction/Shrewd: 2994

Slayer/Destruction/Valiant: 2981

Very close values, but Valiant helps on resist rate, while Shrewd offers the benefits that we already know.
[+]
 Siren.Goteki
By Siren.Goteki 2012-06-30 23:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ty for your fast knowledgeable superby response. I await your orders. good day!
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-07-10 02:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I am considering leveling COR. I just got Alchemy skill to level 9 for Shantotto expansion, and am considering skilling it up all the way as my first craft. Would accomplishing this before grinding/skilling/gearing COR be beneficial to my wallet and/or sanity?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-10 02:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, a lot. Goldsmithing and Synergy would be the other useful crafts to have though(or having a friend with those is fine as well), so you can make orichalcum bullets which are normally 50-60k per stack to buy on ah, depending on server.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-07-10 02:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Yes, a lot. Goldsmithing and Synergy would be the other useful crafts to have though(or having a friend with those is fine as well), so you can make orichalcum bullets which are normally 50-60k per stack to buy on ah, depending on server.

80k on Bahamut! Is goldsmithing really as expensive to level as I hear? Sorry if this is borderline thread derail, but I don't want to invest time into a consumable-heavy job without a better understanding of how dependent that economy is on crafting.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-10 02:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never done it, but from what I've been told "it's a craft for the rich to get richer" :x, it's a huge investment but that grants a lot of money when you can start crafting high level jewelry(soul rings). Problem is getting there without going broke.
 Phoenix.Nerji
user: Nerji
By Phoenix.Nerji 2012-07-10 06:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
I am considering leveling COR. I just got Alchemy skill to level 9 for Shantotto expansion, and am considering skilling it up all the way as my first craft. Would accomplishing this before grinding/skilling/gearing COR be beneficial to my wallet and/or sanity?

My advice would be to find a goldsmithing friend to make the ingots for you (15k saving on my server), level alchemy and synergy yourself since it's a lot cheaper and quicker to level, and because the synergy part itself will take the longest time.
It looks like you can HQ the recipe a fair bit, it's only at artisan level and the elements would be easy to perfect
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-07-10 07:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The good news is that alchemy is stupid easy and stupid cheap to level.

At higher levels, dragon blood is just ridiculously cheap anymore. Unlike when I leveled it. (Oi.)

Goldsmithing shouldn't be too bad through 70, either.

I thoroughly despise synergy, but it's what you've gotta do unless you want to pay through the nose for bullets.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-07-10 13:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Back at the 100 cap it was my understanding that you could have a total of 40 skill levels above 60, for instance 80 cooking and 80 smithing. Is that the same now for 70/110? Could I have 2 level 90 crafts?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-11 07:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The other day I was talking with a friend about the difference between war and drk using Resolution...suddenly I asked myself how drk would fare as a subjob(for Last Stand). It's probably something that was already pretty obvious to anyone, but I wanted to check for sure to see how it compares to war(Idk, maybe someone had doubts).

On war we have Attack Bonus I and Berserk, on drk we have Attack Bonus II and Last Resort.
Using my current gear/stats, drk without buffs has a ratk advantage of about 2.1%, while when we apply buffs(Berserk/LR, chaos roll, food), war comes ahead by about 6.1%.
But berserk/LR aren't always up right?! Well, no, but it's the same thing cause you have 3 min of buff vs 2 min without, so over time you're spending more time buffed than not(granted you use them on timer).

tldr: drk doesn't beat war on the attack factor alone, on the other hand it could grant Absorb agi and absorb tp!(lol, expect resists)and 2 stuns(only if you use Vulcan's staff, otherwise 1); war has fencer instead(only if you use nguul).

I know no one asked, I just kinda asked myself!
[+]
 Bismarck.Phetty
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2012-07-12 06:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that it really matters but I'd think martial dagger would be the best aoelian edge dagger for brewing along with atma of the smiting blow for 300tp ws everytime. Corsair also doesn't get aoelian edge naturally so /rdm over sch. Although I don't think cor should be brewing this way anyway unless they resist fire and/or dark damage.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-12 06:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Souleater Last stand go.

:<
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-12 06:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like Stoertebaker should get an honorable mention as a gun. It's cheap, effective, and can hold you over until you make armageddon. Also in the PDT set, the quest for black earring also gives darkness earring which can also get -2% PDT, or x2 black even over a colossus's for those that don't have Defending or augmented desultors it'd bring you closer to cap.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-12 07:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Added~

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Souleater Last stand go.

:<
Apparently Souleater only works on melee hits, so it can't be used :x would have been nice though!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-12 07:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's why :<
I used to have a dream, many years ago. :p
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-12 07:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I would also suggest tyrant's ring over hoard ring if you need the store TP, since fSTR is a big deal for ranged, and -4 AGI isn't going to hurt you hardly ever. And Athos' gloves on proper days for WSs, don't think I saw that mentioned except Leaden Salute
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-07-12 08:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
And Athos' gloves on proper days for WSs, don't think I saw that mentioned except Leaden Salute

Did a bit of math, it's better than Thaumas hands for Last stand on right day, but not WF.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-12 08:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

OMFGHGODNFIHVHVVNFVIN!!!!!!!!!!!1

I just found out that Khepri wristbands can be augmented with mab+6....
[+]
 Asura.Hotsoups
Server: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-07-12 08:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

OMFGHGODNFIHVHVVNFVIN!!!!!!!!!!!1 I just found out that Khepri wristbands can be augmented with mab+6....

Hot damn.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-12 08:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ffs, the item to augment them only drops from wave 3 of Hall of Mul...considering how much my ls sucks at Legion I have to give up my dream already.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-07-13 04:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do you see the info about legion item augment? ;0 I can't seemed to find it and interested to know other abj gear augment too ;0
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-13 04:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I totally played COR vs Pil yesterday.
I could nearly hit it!
Skilling up marksmanship is soooo sloooow.
Atleast triple shot is pretty awesome for it <_>
 Bismarck.Phetty
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2012-07-13 04:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
I totally played COR vs Pil yesterday.
I could nearly hit it!
Skilling up marksmanship is soooo sloooow.
Atleast triple shot is pretty awesome for it <_>
Got Awildas Gun off t2 abyssea attowha vnm. 5dmg 210 delay. Brought about 36 stacks or bronze bullets and went from 100-cap in a day.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-13 04:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Where do you see the info about legion item augment? ;0 I can't seemed to find it and interested to know other abj gear augment too ;0
This is all I know so far, hopefully after the gobbiebag thing we'll have even more info.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-07-13 05:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

This is all I know so far, hopefully after the gobbiebag thing we'll have even more info.

Oo nice, thanks. I have an abj, but I can never find any -1 for it and hard to find mat to synth them even ;<
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 156 157 158