Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 153 154 155 ... 156 157 158
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-01-29 11:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

here's how I handle my preshot sets. I use the nomenclature "sets.Preshot['weapon name']", with noflurry sets being just that, flurry 1 being "sets.Preshot['weapon name'].ANY" and flurry 2 being "sets.Preshot['weapon name'].RDM".

In the opening of your lua, you need to bind the key you want to use for your flurry toggle. I use the "tilde" key, the squiggle next to the 1 at the top of the keyboard, with the CTRL key. Using a non-traditional macro to bind it to keeps it available no matter what page of macro you're on. Here's the code I use to make that binding:

send_command('bind ^` gs c flur')

Then, in the "funtion precast(spell,action}" section (if there isn't one if your lua, add one), include the following code:

function precast(spell,action)
if spell.english == 'Ranged' then
equipSet = sets.Preshot
add_to_chat(57,"Flurry Level "..PreshotArray[PreshotIndex])
if buffactive['Flurry'] then
add_to_chat(122,"Flurry found")
if PreshotArray[PreshotIndex] == 'RDM' then
if equipSet[player.equipment.range].RDM then
equipSet = equipSet[player.equipment.range].RDM
end
else
if equipSet[player.equipment.range].Any then
equipSet = equipSet[player.equipment.range].Any
end
end
else
if equipSet[player.equipment.range] then
equipSet = equipSet[player.equipment.range]
end
add_to_chat(122,"No flurry")
end

equip(equipSet)

You can change the nomenclature if you like for the uniqueness of the set, I just like "ANY" and "RDM" because as a mage, it reminds me when you have "anyone" subbing RDM, its a flurry1 set, if you have a RDM in your party, its flurry2.

Lastly, in your "function self_command(command)" section of your lua (usually one of your last blocks) add this:

if command == 'flur' then -- Flurry Level Toggle --
PreshotIndex = (PreshotIndex % #PreshotArray) + 1
add_to_chat(158,'Flurry Level: ' ..PreshotArray[PreshotIndex])
status_change(player.status)

Now, I keep several toggles in my lua in this section, all using the same wording (accuracy toggle, PDT or MDT locks, for example). As a result, the actual wording for mine is "elseif" rather than "if" because of the nesting.

Here is a link to my entire Corsair Lua.

EDIT- my grammatical error of calling the "tilde" key the "schwa" key has been corrected. Thanks for the catch!
By Archaide 2018-01-29 13:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That's exactly what I was looking for, Thank you so much.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-01-29 15:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
...I use the "schwa" key, the squiggle next to the 1 at the top of the keyboard, with the CTRL key...

A schwa is used in linguistics to denote a central vowel sound and looks like this: ə

The key you're thinking of is the "Tilde" key or grave accent key if you're not holding shift.

/pedantry yay
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-01-29 15:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
...I use the "schwa" key, the squiggle next to the 1 at the top of the keyboard, with the CTRL key...

A schwa is used in linguistics to denote a central vowel sound and looks like this: ə

The key you're thinking of is the "Tilde" key or grave accent key if you're not holding shift.

/pedantry yay

THANK YOU! Several grammar nazis in my life are thrilled you fixed this error on my part! ;)
[+]
By Afania 2018-02-05 12:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
50% of whatever % of triple right?

Finally stopped being lazy and tested the proc rate. It's actually not THAT bad with Awilda's Gun and escha super revit. I may need even bigger sample size but this is what I have now:

Total TS% in gear/JP: 83%
Total shots: 132
No proc: 20 (15%)
Triple shot: 51 (39%)
Quad shot: 61 (46%)

Quad shot consistently proc more often than Triple shot entire time. So it's very possible that the proc rate is actually 55%, at least it's very unlikely to be lower than 50%. Let's say 50% to 55% for now.

(That makes relic +3 hands extremely good, btw)

My plan is to get even bigger sample size and with different TS % when I have more time.

Also been testing the damage cap of Hot shot after having a discussion with Chiaia, it's possible that the hot shot damage cap is 104k since I am unable to hit higher than 104k for now, even after multiple gear/buffs adjustments. But I need to find a RUN for gambit/rayke to be absolutely sure that there are no other way to break that cap.

If anyone managed to hit higher than 104k please let me know ._.
By tyalangan 2018-02-05 13:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

104k cap. Can you explain this more? Out of the loop.
By Afania 2018-02-05 13:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
104k cap. Can you explain this more? Out of the loop.

Set: ItemSet 356550
Head: MAB+47
Legs: MAB+50
Back: AGI+30 racc/rattk/wsd+10
Crematio instead of moonshade at 3000 TP

For some weird reason Hot shot can hit 104k with idris bolster buffs, and for some equally weird reason I am unable to hit more than 104k by adding more buffs.

The first one is done with fire shot damage boost and 2nd one done without, the damage are identical. (But there's a chance that my trust screwed my fire shot bonus)

Then I added firestorm and swapped waist slot to Obi, still capped at 104k. Changed gun from Armageddon to Fomalhaut, still 104k.

I also tried chaos/wizards roll with CC bonus and without. It seems to stay at 104k no matter which roll number I got.

The last 3 digits seems to change depending on buffs/setup, but so far I've yet to see one single WS hit higher than 104k yet.

I only tried GEO buffs so far, so maybe gambit rayke breaks the cap, or maybe it's just luck or Im doing it wrong. I'll try to get a RUN + GEO to help if I can.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-02-05 14:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

uhh i thought the dmg cap was 99k?
By Afania 2018-02-05 14:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
uhh i thought the dmg cap was 99k?

Hot shot and barrage breaks that cap.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-05 14:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume it's capping the magic portion at 99k and the physical part is what's going beyond that. If you wanted proof of it, you could add in AGI buffs and see if the number goes higher.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-05 14:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

@Afainia-

/bow, bravissimo.

I have a new project.
By Afania 2018-02-05 14:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
I assume it's capping the magic portion at 99k and the physical part is what's going beyond that. If you wanted proof of it, you could add in AGI buffs and see if the number goes higher.

Does that mean after reaching certain amount of MAB/magic buffs, adding even more MAB/magic buffs are useless.

@Afainia-

/bow, bravissimo.

I have a new project.

Should /bow at whoever discovered hot shot things instead, it was never me, I'm just a copy cat :p

Edit: Kyte may be correct with AGI buffs. Armageddon seems to have higher cap than Fomalhaut even though the DMG of the gun is lower. The first and last WS in the SS were done with Armageddon But 3rd one (lowest) was done with Fomalhaut. But I need a bit more tests to be absolutely sure as well.

Edit2: If Kyte's theory is correct then chrono bullet may beat living bullet with super MAB buffs?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-05 14:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hot shot being good (on either low level content or high level content with high buffs/low resist) is really just an extension of the high potential of hybrid WS/BPs in general.

Quote:
Does that mean after reaching certain amount of MAB/magic buffs, adding even more MAB/magic buffs are useless.

Essentially, yes- although the buffs needed to hit that are dictated by the target. On a piercing weak target like a bat or a fire-weak target like an acuex, you'll hit the 99k on the magic portion sooner than something neutral.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-05 14:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hot shot being good (on either low level content or high level content with high buffs/low resist) is really just an extension of the high potential of hybrid WS/BPs in general.

Yeah, I know all the hubbub with Jinpu a while back started most of the hybrid WS discussion, but of course each has its own potential unique to base weapon dmg, gear availability, job traits...and the most important factor- buffs. I just hadn't seen screenshots of Hot Shot breaking 99k.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-05 15:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hybrid WS talk actually started with Blade: To in the abyssea era- it just kind of got forgotten by most since it was only particularly useful for brewing at the time.
[+]
By Afania 2018-02-05 15:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Essentially, yes- although the buffs needed to hit that are dictated by the target. On a piercing weak target like a bat, you'll hit the 99k on the magic portion sooner than something neutral.

Based on Kyte's theory, may need to change gears to the following:

Main hand: Odium
Ammo: Chrono bullet
Hands: Pursuers

Not sure if there are other good slots to sacrifice MAB for AGI.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-05 15:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

for us non-Karieyh owners, assuming Regal Ring would be your BiS option. 10 agi, more ranged attack. My curiousity is should I keep my mab+20/wsd+5% herc legs or go for straight MAB with the loss of 4WSD from ring slot.
By Afania 2018-02-05 15:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So DW SJ may be better to offhand an Arasy knife +1 :)
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-05 15:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're making Liquefaction with it, I would actually go for +SC damage stuff over +AGI/base damage once you're at the 99k cap.
[+]
By hobo 2018-02-05 15:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

what about DP vs Foma? for the 62 more magic damage and boost to quick draw

edit: HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, was thinking hotshot was quickdraw not ws
By tyalangan 2018-02-05 15:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So is this true with all hybrids that they can break the cap?

1. If not, why Hot Shot? Bug?
2. If so, can Flaming Crush, Jinpu etc. break cap, as well?
By Afania 2018-02-05 15:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Any advice on good testing target (weak against piercing or fire)in escha? I would imagine it's easier to get higher AGI in escha.

Not sure if soldiers drink helps.
By cuddlyhamster 2018-02-05 15:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

bees / mosquitoes in reisen? flux 5 i think
[+]
By Afania 2018-02-05 23:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
So is this true with all hybrids that they can break the cap?

1. If not, why Hot Shot? Bug?
2. If so, can Flaming Crush, Jinpu etc. break cap, as well?

1. Balance, obviously. Anyone read One Piece would know being a pirate is the best career choice ever and FFXI needs to reflect that fact with over 99999 damage 8D

2. I've never seen FC over 99999, not sure about Jinpu.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2018-02-06 00:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

99999 jinpu was the most i did . never seen more
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2018-02-06 00:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the 119 ifrit sword boost the dmg on hot shot?

EDIT: RNG can use, not COR.
 Asura.Taberif
Server: Asura
user: Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2018-02-06 16:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Our group has been playing with hotshot and testing stuff over the past week (credit:byrne,verbannt,captainrayfus)

the coolest thing we've found so far is:
its 0 ENMITY from the WS itself.
That stacked with the ability to skillchain with trueflight has given us another idea.

We're currently setting up to test it on T4s
BLM Tank(manawall all the things)
COR RNG DDs
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-06 16:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taberif said: »
Our group has been playing with hotshot and testing stuff over the past week (credit:byrne,verbannt,captainrayfus)

That stacked with the ability to skillchain with trueflight has given us another idea.

COR RNG DDs

I have certainly pulled hate from using hot shot before. (long ago, things may have been changed etc)

We're talking like level sync in east ronf. in 2009(?)

Suppose it could be from the /ra and the pld losing hate immediately after a ws, but doubtful on a zero enmity ws
 Asura.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2018-02-06 17:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Taberif said: »

COR RNG DDs

I have certainly pulled hate from using hot shot before. (long ago, things may have been changed etc)

We're talking like level sync in east ronf. in 2009(?)

Suppose it could be from the /ra and the pld losing hate immediately after a ws, but doubtful on a zero enmity ws
It's a good thing theres things like Libra you can go test with yourself.

to elaborate on our test runs enmity was not generated at all from spamming Hotshot, we did generate 6% in the same time frame when the cor was meleeing. So it could of been your RA's
First Page 2 3 ... 153 154 155 ... 156 157 158