2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 136 137 138 ... 156 157 158
By hobo 2017-06-06 10:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

When did we make the switch to not using Fotia? I thought we still wanted it. Granted I haven't updated sets in at least a month apart from changing meghanda +1 to +2
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-06-06 10:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fotia is still better for total damage as last stand fTP is on the low side (2 at 1k TP,4 at 3k),it transfer on both hits and the AGI mod is really high (85% with 5/5 or Fomal) but it only gives you 10 total acc while iskur gives you 30. As mentioned before, missing a hit on last stand makes damage pretty bad so when accuracy is an issue it's a no brainer
By hobo 2017-06-06 13:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes sense, thanks.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-06-06 17:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Using Ishvara in a set that sacrifices Fotia makes pretty much zero sense, though.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-06 17:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

yes that should be replaces with telos probably. I am sure its just a slip.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-06-06 17:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Using Ishvara in a set that sacrifices Fotia makes pretty much zero sense, though.

Agreed, I put the set together at work without my gs on hand and didn't notice. I use Telos/Moonshade like Lady as well
 Lakshmi.Veika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Veikuri
By Lakshmi.Veika 2017-06-09 07:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

How often do CORs use RA for TPing instead of a dagger/sword?
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-09 07:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Very often.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-09 07:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Really depends on the content and buffs. But a fair bit of the content I go on COR is because they can DD at range.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-06-09 08:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

For the content I do I estimate around a 50/50 split of Melee and Shooting. Meleeing is amazing but not if you are under amnesia or dead or all your buffs absorbed/dispelled.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-06-09 08:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree 50/50 assessment but this is also why COR is such an inventory sync, you need TP/WS for raanged and melee and back pieces. 80 slots easy for a well geared COR
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-06-09 10:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I'm looking for a little guidance on how to get to endgame sets and what to aim for going forward. I feel like i have a decent start on some sets, but need help on what to focus on.

Here are a few of my sets.

Leaden Salute:
ItemSet 351820

Augs:
Doomsday +15 STR/AGI +25 Racc +7 STP
Herc Helm +25 macc + 16 matk
Samnuha: Perfect aug
Leyline: +5 macc +4 matk
Gunslinger: +5 matk
Herc Trousers: +6 macc +26 matk
Herc Boots: Melee Augs

I feel like this is a decent set at the moment, but could be better. Obvious upgrades are pixie hairpin from woe (at what point would Herc Helm win, if any), Archon Ring, Ambu cape (30 AGI, +20 Macc/MDMG, +10% WSD?). Holliday? is that the goal if RME is not an option?

Ranged Attack:
ItemSet 351821

Obviously +2 Meg gear is an upgrade. Other than that, I don't know what else to focus on.

Last Stand:
ItemSet 351822

Again, obviously +2 Meg gear here as well.

I don't know how viable gear like Omen drops or high difficulty items like Telos Earring are since I don't really have a static for that stuff. I did just join an omen group, but we'll see how that plays out.
By Afania 2017-06-09 10:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
I agree 50/50 assessment but this is also why COR is such an inventory sync, you need TP/WS for raanged and melee and back pieces. 80 slots easy for a well geared COR

Unless you exclude recycled gears from other light armor job, I wouldn't say 80 inv is anywhere close to enough. Especially now that there's entirely different set for triple shot up and down, plus enmity- set getting more and more important for things like mobs with dmg taken+, enmity decay mechanics, or old enmity formula content such as UNM or B&W master trial. They'd eat inv like crazy.

Recently I just learned that sub NIN spells generates hate, so brb doing enmity+ tanking build for oh ***moments .---.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-06-09 11:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

augment doomsday for MAB or MAB/Macc with the str/agi and try to get some WSD then only use for leaden salute and work on getting a Holliday for last stand.

also i can't remember the names of all the neck pieces that are better than that 1 but there is like 2-3 that are better before the 1 from Omen boss.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-06-09 11:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Houyi%27s_Gorget

is super easy to get and a little better

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Huani_Collar

also easy to get.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Gaudryi_Necklace

i think i used till i got Iskurs.

there are a few others with Racc but i wouldn't say they are really better than what you have, anything on this list will be at least a little better than what you are using.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-06-09 11:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Houyi's Gorget, but it doesn't have Racc on it, only acc.

I'm planning on doing some incursion during this next campaign, so maybe I'll get lucky with a Gaudryi.

I've been able to solo a few of the Warders in Escha-Ru'aun on Thf lately, maybe I can get a Bilious Torque.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-06-09 12:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ohh your right sry lol.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-06-09 12:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I've been able to solo a few of the Warders in Escha-Ru'aun on Thf lately, maybe I can get a Bilious Torque.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Sanctity_Necklace

in that case just go get this, comes with similar stats as what 15 skill does + regen and MAB and Macc. i think the only warder skill neck worth using is the combined one with synergy which is all skill + 15 AND 4 STP, which is also good for melee.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-06-09 12:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like http://www.ffxiah.com/item/27512/marked-gorget has somehow been overlooked here as stepping stone.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-06-09 12:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

totally missed that 1.
By Afania 2017-06-09 22:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

hobo said: »
When did we make the switch to not using Fotia? I thought we still wanted it. Granted I haven't updated sets in at least a month apart from changing meghanda +1 to +2

For those who's been wondering about last stand racc swap order, finally got some time to do spreadsheet. Assuming attack uncapped and using AGI/racc/rattk/wsd herc legs/feet, racc swap order from least dps lose to highest dps lose would be:

Telos(it beats Ishvara if attack is somewhat mid/low) > Iskur > Meg+2 feet > Kwahu +1 > Megh +2 legs > AF+3 head > Dingr to racc ring > AF+3 legs > devastating bullet.

Shiva.Spynx said: »
I usually switch to hunter/STP for boss

Hunter's roll is a trap!! don't do it!! I did it before and it still leaves bad taste in my mouth for sucking soooo bad.

Out of every single racc swaps that you can make, chaos roll to hunter is the last racc swap that you may want to do, unless you are already super buffed with bolster frailty and you're 100% sure that your attack is capped without it.

Looking at my spreadsheet in mid/low attack situations, COR with 54%(avg +7 chaos roll potency without crooked card) attack boost from chaos roll, using kinda high racc set(roughly 1375 before food/job trait and buffs)

ItemSet 351833

and swap in megh +2/af+3 body/moonshade for ws, still hits harder than cor tp in this( besides SU3 HQ, strongest triple shot up + sam roll tp set that I can find on spreadsheet atm) using hunter+sam and ws in lowest racc set:

ItemSet 351834

The difference between lowest tp/ws set and high racc is like 190~289 racc difference(the highest racc COR can get with current gear and SJ option is roughly 1465ish before food/buffs), the gap already surpassed hunters roll potency.

However there's like 500+(or more with crooked card) attack difference with chaos roll that is near impossible to get from gear and food. If you full time crooked card on chaos then the gap becomes even bigger.

On the other hand, 1390~1400 racc in gear + sushi is enough to cap everything that I can think of, including B & W master trials. Seems like losing 500+ attack from chaos for hunter's roll is massive lose to dps.

Unless you really run out of racc swaps or getting super buff it's probably better to just use racc gear and keep chaos.

Edit: Edited a bunch of times to fix numbers and such, added devastating bullets in racc swap hierarchy.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-06-10 00:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Regal Ring > Haj +1 in your 1st set. Remember I said I didn't include it set bonus on the sheet yet when I released the last one.

Also it would win in the swaps you did at the top.
[+]
By Afania 2017-06-10 00:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Does current spreadsheet include fotia proc Dps? Because I just realized that I completely forgot to add fotia proc dps....if spreadsheet isn't calculating fotia proc dps then that'd make fotia neck/belt a bit better when racc is required in high attack high ws avg situations.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-06-10 00:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Does current spreadsheet include fotia proc Dps? Because I just realized that I completely forgot to add fotia proc dps....if spreadsheet isn't calculating fotia proc dps then that'd make fotia neck/belt a bit better when racc is required in high attack high ws avg situations.

I doubt it. I'll look into it though. If it doesn't I'll add fotia items to the list because atm we just list the old gorget and belt.
By Afania 2017-06-10 01:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »

I doubt it. I'll look into it though. If it doesn't I'll add fotia items to the list because atm we just list the old gorget and belt.

It's pretty hard to calculate fotia neck/belt v.s iskur+kwahu +1 tbh. proccing kinda favor high ws avg situations since you get to ws again, and it adds extra SC dmg if you're shooting and do back to back last stand.

Without considering fotia proc iskur is pretty equal or close to fotia though.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-06-10 01:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »

It's pretty hard to calculate fotia neck/belt v.s iskur+kwahu +1 tbh. proccing kinda favor high ws avg situations since you get to ws again, and it adds extra SC dmg if you're shooting and do back to back last stand.

Without considering fotia proc iskur is pretty equal or close to fotia though.
That why I would just have it calc 1-2% more DMG were not setup for SC DMG.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-10 01:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention Iskur vs Fotia on neck slot is a matter of 1% insta-TP or 8%~ higher TP return on every last stand.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-06-10 04:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok something I been wanting to change on the spreadsheet for a while is having to know exact roll potentices and instead you pick your roll #, if it will have roll+/crooked/job bonus and it auto does it for you. Edit: You could still manually enter values now that I looked into it.

I messed around in a separate sheet to show off what I mean.

You can see the the buttom list is different because I turned off job bonus. Is this something you guys would would like or should it stick to the old manual way? I don't want to waste my time setting all this up for the people using the sheet not to like it. Also I would probably allow 2-4 Crooked Rolls/Job Bonus not just the one shown. Edit: After checking that it still could allow manual input I guess there really is no point in discussing this it would have the same + more then before.
By Afania 2017-06-10 04:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I like manual, personally. So I can do adjustments from the buff area and see the difference. If I need to know specific roll potency I just check wiki.

I don't know about the others opinion though.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-06-10 04:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I like manual, personally. So I can do adjustments from the buff area and see the difference. If I need to know specific roll potency I just check wiki.

I don't know about the others opinion though.
Maybe I just add a new sheet to the Spreadsheet that can do math for people and then you can manually copy/type it over to the main area?

This really seemed no different then how the math for BRD songs is auto done for people since the start though but this is why I figured I should ask.
First Page 2 3 ... 136 137 138 ... 156 157 158