First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55 ... 90 91 92
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-23 07:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh~ I dunno if you guys noticed, but the north is incluced too...if you look hard enough in the trailer you'll see "Razhowa from the north". Orc/gigas homeland!
[+]
 Bismarck.Cicada
Server: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-06-23 08:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

They should raise the level cap of abyssea to 70 so we can enjoy/learn to play these new jobs instead of just keywhoring them to 99. and.. I hope all new new bosses in this expansion are like lvl 200 so people cant just embrava all the DD's and spam kill.
[+]
 Sylph.Nephriel
Server: Sylph
user: Nephriel
By Sylph.Nephriel 2012-06-23 08:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about the plight of new jobs in this age of Abyssea. I wonder if it'll even have like a shitty JSE and AF1 that people won't even get.
By lilsanchez 2012-06-23 08:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cicada said: »
They should raise the level cap of abyssea to 70 so we can enjoy/learn to play these new jobs instead of just keywhoring them to 99. and.. I hope all new new bosses in this expansion are like lvl 200 so people cant just embrava all the DD's and spam kill.

I agree to this because I've been forced to level 11 of my jobs to 75 long before the level cap increases. Everyone else should have to also! Oh and downgrade some of the main story line quest BC fights back down. Making them too easy degrades the experience way to much :[ Probably wont though considering the reward isn't as well.. rewarding anymore. People would simply refuse to do it maybe.
[+]
 Siren.Nodem
Server: Siren
user: Nodem
By Siren.Nodem 2012-06-23 08:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So impose another roadblock to people's own way of enjoying a job?

Not everybody that burns is completely useless as a player/job they burned. Some people like having more time to play a job, then grind through countless hours of parties where only....

This is all off topic though and shouldn't be discussed here though as this is the Vana'fest thread.
 Siren.Nodem
By Siren.Nodem 2012-06-23 08:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nephriel said: »
I was thinking about the plight of new jobs in this age of Abyssea. I wonder if it'll even have like a shitty JSE and AF1 that people won't even get.

If SCH and DNC was any show. All they'll have is AF for a while.
 Bismarck.Cicada
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-06-23 08:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Nodem said: »

Not everybody that burns is completely useless as a player/job they burned. Some people like having more time to play a job, then grind through countless hours of parties where only....

This is all off topic though and shouldn't be discussed here though as this is the Vana'fest thread.
Yeah cuz blu's with only feather storm and head butt at 99 aren't useless at all >.> That was my idea.. and since this thread is a vanafest thread, the future of XI, I think its allowed. but yeah, I wont get in a debate about it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Nodem
By Siren.Nodem 2012-06-23 08:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah cuz blu's with only feather storm and head butt at 99 aren't useless at all >.> That was my idea.. and since it is about the future of XI. but yeah, I wont get in a debate about it.

I burned BLU and I'm in no way useless as a BLU. Capped Blue Magic, almost all spells (only missing Body Slam and 3 HNM spells), and know how to equip spells. Some people are just... special and don't feel the need to do farm spells and properly gear before playing a job.

Yes burning sucks when you have people with gimp skills. No, Burning alone isn't the problem.

Placing all of the blame on burning alone isn't right.

Also, I've seen people GoV burn to 75 in Gusgen Mines... So I guess the GoV system is messed up too and should be removed since people use it to burn.
[+]
 Bismarck.Cicada
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-06-23 08:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh
 Bahamut.Liuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Liuu
By Bahamut.Liuu 2012-06-23 08:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm all for 70+ aby cap too. The best fun I've had in FFXI was getting to 75 and exploring all the none-aby content.
By Latifah 2012-06-23 08:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leonkasai said: »

Any idea what this is? new job or npc? :x
Dude reminds me of the Persona 4 main char for some reason.
Girl reminds me of Saber from Fate/Stay Night. :I
i bet it's the new job that is going to be revealed on the new expan website. i love the dress on the female npc
 Siren.Nodem
By Siren.Nodem 2012-06-23 08:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »

i bet it's the new job that is going to be revealed on the new expan website. i love the dress on the female npc

They said last night during the live stream that they are an example of NPC's we will encounter in the new expansion area.
By lilsanchez 2012-06-23 08:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lv99 Rajas ring. Can I has it? Decade of FFXI reward. Oh and to all you who have gotten Rajas ring the easy way get no spoils! :S

8STR 8DEX 8Subtle Blow 8Store TP :] That'll go snug right on my finger, right next to Eponas.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-06-23 08:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

They mentioned in the Dev stream that these would be some of the NPC`s you`d meet in the new areas. They didn't go into much detail they just said they were NPC`s.
By Latifah 2012-06-23 08:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

look at the silhouettes it match perfectly
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2012-06-23 09:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering if anyone recorded the live stream, was out of the house and missed most of the stuff at the start.
 Lakshmi.Antonios
Server: Lakshmi
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2012-06-23 09:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

wi

with what....
By lilsanchez 2012-06-23 09:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Antonios said: »
wi

with what....

He's matching up the shadowed images of the unknown job to the concept art displayed in a previous post. While it's true the bottom does show some resemblance on the female, it doesn't on the male. It was mentioned that these have already been announced as NPCs. If you look at the female in the concept art, her body expression shows that she has her own personality. In most concept art made for display purposes, usually don't portray own personalities.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2012-06-23 09:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Guy is some guy duped by main mega boss for story-line/becomes some nasty evil-infused being, I'd say girl is the new "leading lady" for the story line...but following XI tradition, she's too old, lol.
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Server: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2012-06-23 10:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cruxus said: »

Guy is some guy duped by main mega boss for story-line/becomes some nasty evil-infused being, I'd say girl is the new "leading lady" for the story line...but following XI tradition, she's too old, lol.
She is definitely the main character check the amano art on the site and she matches up perfectly.
 Carbuncle.Blazer
Server: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2012-06-23 10:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I see all this new info about new jobs... new story line quests... new monsters... but who cares about all that?

The really important stuff has yet to be discussed:

1) Are they going to be bringing ballista to these new areas?
1 a) If yes, can we please get some brenner?

2) Pankration. Can we use these new mobs? Are we going to be able to battle our pankration monsters in this new continent?

^This my friends, this is the stuff that matters.
By Fyyvoaa 2012-06-23 10:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Blazer said: »
Okay, I see all this new info about new jobs... new story line quests... new monsters... but who cares about all that?

The really important stuff has yet to be discussed:

1) Are they going to be bringing ballista to these new areas?
1 a) If yes, can we please get some brenner?

2) Pankration. Can we use these new mobs? Are we going to be able to battle our pankration monsters in this new continent?

^This my friends, this is the stuff that matters.

Don't forget about logging, we can't ever have enough logs.
[+]
 Asura.Railock
Server: Asura
By Asura.Railock 2012-06-23 10:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, could this be the new Great Sword centric job? I'm kinda hoping so... though it would be unfortunate you can't add it to Relic/Empy.

Then again, dev team might surprise us.
 Bismarck.Cicada
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-06-23 10:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao@the worm!
[+]
By zizek 2012-06-23 11:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao@the worm!
and not a single blm/brd to proc it
[+]
 Phoenix.Lyali
user: Lyali
By Phoenix.Lyali 2012-06-23 11:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Casually leaving this here. Though it was probably funnier in my sleep deprived state last night.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Blazer
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2012-06-23 11:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lyali said: »
Casually leaving this here. Though it was probably funnier in my sleep deprived state last night.

They did mention something about fishing.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-06-23 11:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah cuz blu's with only feather storm and head butt at 99 aren't useless at all >.> That was my idea.. and since it is about the future of XI. but yeah, I wont get in a debate about it.

I burned BLU and I'm in no way useless as a BLU. Capped Blue Magic, almost all spells (only missing Body Slam and 3 HNM spells), and know how to equip spells. Some people are just... special and don't feel the need to do farm spells and properly gear before playing a job.

Yes burning sucks when you have people with gimp skills. No, Burning alone isn't the problem.

Placing all of the blame on burning alone isn't right.

Also, I've seen people GoV burn to 75 in Gusgen Mines... So I guess the GoV system is messed up too and should be removed since people use it to burn.
same situation went for Astral Burn SMNs. I was one of them, and I worked to cap my Summoning.
 Carbuncle.Crollion
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2012-06-23 11:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice to c another expansion inc might be worth coming back to the game when work slows down a bit. I'm hyped lol
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55 ... 90 91 92