Forum » FFXI » General » PlayOnline Error code: POL-0206, no connection
PlayOnline Error code: POL-0206, no connection
 Sylph.Subadai
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2012-06-13 20:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pepsi Max >>> *. But Diet Pepsi will do in a pinch.
[+]
 Fenrir.Almiise
Server: Fenrir
user: Almiise
By Fenrir.Almiise 2012-06-13 20:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It figures. Skyrim here I come...... I hate this sh**
 Sylph.Washburn
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2012-06-13 21:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

ooooh i forgot i had skyrim!
 Leviathan.Marischka
Server: Leviathan
user: Marischka
By Leviathan.Marischka 2012-06-13 21:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seiunhiro said: »
OMG WHAT AM I GONNA DO FOR 9 HOURS OMG OMG OMFG WTF F UUU SE FFFF UUUUUUUU MY LIFE IS ENDING
maint. technically 10.5hours long :P
 Odin.Cindro
Server: Odin
user: Cindro
By Odin.Cindro 2012-06-13 21:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep forgetting we get new gear in this update. :D WOOT! Worth the wait.
[+]
 Odin.Rendra
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2012-06-13 21:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how people run around their house checking to make sure the internet is working before they even try to check the POL website...
 Lakshmi.Antonios
Server: Lakshmi
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2012-06-13 21:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So any new on to what was added this update?
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
Server: Lakshmi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2012-06-13 21:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Cindro said: »
not really.
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-06-13 22:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Rendra said: »
I love how people run around their house checking to make sure the internet is working before they even try to check the POL website...
I like how people rush to point out things that don't say *** about maintenance. Still says 'Server Status: Up' if you'd bothered to look for yourself. It's not on the main page, not even on a page you get to with one click. It can't be found without without digging into the forums or five days back on the news feed in unrelated and unlinked posts to see anything about the maintenance at all.

So yeah, you feeling 'smart' for knowing to check the normal channels for this stuff is a bit of a derp when it can be pointed out that none of them are helpful.

SE pulled ninja maintenance because they didn't wanna hear people whine about it being ten hours long. Whatever. Not finding any front-page info about it is a logical and valid gripe though.
[+]
By Naturebeckles 2012-06-13 22:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I was confused by the servers being "up" but getting an error message on POL. It can only mean the FFXI servers are done and up and ready for us, but the POL portion of the update isn't done yet. I got the exact message from the Square Enix support center. There's no mention of the playonline maintenance on the support center page outside of the the FFXI maintenance post, so it' quite understandable for people to be confused by the unlikely behavior they're getting from the game trying to log in.

Server Maintenance
2012/06/08 18:00 from FINAL FANTASY XI
FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Jun. 13)

We will be performing a version update on FINAL FANTASY XI in conjunction with the PlayOnline server maintenance that will be conducted from Jun. 13, 2012 14:00 to Jun. 14, 2012 00:30 (PDT).

* The details of the version update will be announced separately on Jun. 13, 2012.
By Jetackuu 2012-06-13 22:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Odin.Rendra said: »
I like how people rush to point out things that don't say *** about maintenance. Still says 'Server Status: Up' if you'd bothered to look for yourself. It's not on the main page, not even on a page you get to with one click. It can't be found without without digging into the forums or five days back on the news feed in unrelated and unlinked posts to see anything about the maintenance at all.

So yeah, you feeling 'smart' for knowing to check the normal channels for this stuff is a bit of a derp when it can be pointed out that none of them are helpful.

SE pulled ninja maintenance because they didn't wanna hear people whine about it being ten hours long. Whatever. Not finding any front-page info about it is a logical and valid gripe though.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/service/ff11usindex2.html

check again...
 Odin.Cindro
user: Cindro
By Odin.Cindro 2012-06-13 22:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Phaffi said: »
Odin.Cindro said: »
not really.

Yes really... same look, replaces current items in certain instances.

Updated Item Stats
By Naturebeckles 2012-06-13 22:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/24155
 Leviathan.Zanosuz
Server: Leviathan
user: zanosuz
By Leviathan.Zanosuz 2012-06-13 22:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually its been in the game log when you logged into the game for over a couple weeks now, that FFXI and POL were being updated. Every hour before the update started today it was also mentioned( i know some of you didn't play today before the update, but I'm sure you all have in the past couple weeks). Maybe people should read their log from time to time when logging in.
[+]
By Naturebeckles 2012-06-13 22:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Zanosuz said: »
Actually its been in the game log when you logged into the game for over a couple weeks now, that FFXI and POL were being updated. Every hour before the update started today it was also mentioned( i know some of you didn't play today before the update, but I'm sure you all have in the past couple weeks). Maybe people should read their log from time to time when logging in.
Some of us don't log out unless we have computer updates. You know. Mules making money for us and such. ;)
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-06-13 22:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Naturebeckles said: »
Leviathan.Zanosuz said: »
Some of us don't log out unless we have computer updates. You know. Mules making money for us and such. ;)
/servmes

Congratulations, no excuses now.
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-06-13 22:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

all the servers are still down but it let me do the playonline update is that normal,seeing as after that i tryed to get on playonline to begin the game update a head of time like i do ever update so i can get on before all the people waiting till the update is done to install it.