First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 224 225 226

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-07-31 19:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

A better way to put it would be, I fought enough Darkwraiths for a Dark Hand to drop... The Shield effect on the Dark Hand has the same magic reduction as the Crest Shield, but very low stability. Of course, the Four Kings Magic attack is so slow, that wasn't important. The trick was quickly switching between my high stability physical shield and that, because I was too stupid to be using the crest shield at the time, which combined everything in one package.

I swear though, the Estus Flask just exists to kill you. I don't think I ever fought a boss in Dark Souls where using the Estus Flask helped, usually it just keeps me still long enough to get killed. I think Nito might have been the exception, because his *** is really slow. Generally in any situation where I should "Estus cause I'm almost dead" a Homeward Bone is a better option...

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Landsoul
By Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul 2013-07-31 22:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Would also depend if you have high or low poise I think.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Raksha
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Raksha 2013-08-01 00:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

OMFG had super smough down to one crossbow bolt worth of health then i get hit out of left field by some invisible ***while smough is halfway across the room.

The *** is this ***. Almost threw my controller through the *** TV.

Once you know the trick, four kings really arent terrible. Tricks are to either dodge everything, or level the ***out of your HP, equip full havel's and beat the snot out of them.

My lvl 300+ guy in NG29 or whatever he's in has it down to a science. Greatshield of artorias and 35 great combustions.

Barely break a sweat anymore.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-01 01:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Raksha said: »
OMFG had super smough down to one crossbow bolt worth of health then i get hit out of left field by some invisible ***while smough is halfway across the room.

The *** is this ***. Almost threw my controller through the *** TV.
@.@;
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-08-01 02:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy hell, Garl Vinland. o.o

Fantastic art by AskCiaran.
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2013-08-01 11:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
I swear though, the Estus Flask just exists to kill you. I don't think I ever fought a boss in Dark Souls where using the Estus Flask helped, usually it just keeps me still long enough to get killed. Ie think Nito might have been the exception, because his *** is really slow. Generally in any situation where I should "Estus cause I'm almost dead" a Homeward Bone is a better option...

Got through artorias after a couple failures by NOT healing, because he barely gives you a window to heal. Usually he'll charge at you as you're healing and hit you, undoing whatever healing you just did, or, if you're unlucky, he might just kill you with one of those overhead smashes (or the repeated smash). I killed him by just focusing on zerging him as fast as possible and trying to avoid his attacks.

After playing through the game with a dex character with some faith (which I decided to focus more on pyromancy at one point) and getting part way through NG+, I made a fresh new character, a sorceress with the moonlight greatsword based off a build I saw on wiki. Started by making a magic/enchanted longsword, because I liked quick weapons, but then I decided that was a mistake, I made a lightning claymore, which was doing a lot more damage, despite not having stat scaling. Used that until I could get the Moonlight Greatsword. Meanwhile, I focused mostly on INT first, and attunement of course, so I can set more of the spells I need. I realized how powerful sorcery really is, especially as you get towards lvl 50 INT. The damage bonus started to decrease at like 40-45ish, I was starting to get less of a damage increase on the moonlight sword per point of INT, but I wanted to be able to use the white dragon breath spell.

Killed pinwheel with two hits of magic (I think I used crystal soul spears), and most bosses are taking lots of damage, killed Manos in one try (with a ranger guy I summoned), before he could do much nasty ***that would require me to use the silver necklace to shield me. He did a shadow storm thing, but that was the worst thing he got a chance to do.

TL:DR version: Sorcery is pretty friggin OPed.

Oh, BTW, on the PC version, I was doing some invasions in the Forest Hunter Covenent, and a few days ago I ended up invading one guy who was a troll. He had the ring of fog up, and he must have filled all his spell slots with invisible. Must have kept me and two other invaders running around for a collective 40+ minutes (I got summoned to his world twice). When I tracked him down, he was standing against a rock. All he did was run away and I lost him again, I ended up leaving twice. His gamertag I believe is trepidpack729. He just hides from you and wastes your time, and wouldn't respond to any messages. I think he gets off hiding and wasting your time, also he probably likes to get the souls from people jumping off cliffs after losing patience (I wouldn't give him the satisfaction, I use the black crystal thing to leave, I don't think that gives them credit for killing me).
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-08-01 12:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
You end up holding 99 humanity eternally as a darkwraith just from invading people lol, so why not use it towards something right

Or just beating everyone that invades you/being lucky with drops.

Seriously, I get so much humanity from either the soft drop from random mobs or the solid form from Rats, etc.

Oh Josi, do you happen to need slabs? I have like 5 I don't need. Ended up getting 4 from running to the Four Kings.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-08-01 12:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What system?
Just got the last slab of seven my "Arch Solaire build" needed on PC, but will need to remake him on xbox and ps3

PC, but I have extra on any system.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-08-01 12:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
you online now? or at work

I can be.

FYI, We can't duel at ceaseless. Had to kill him as I'll be going into NG+ soon. Still have TotG available though.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-08-01 13:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

you could have just gotten the armor then skipped him, flash sweat ran across the lava -_-
damn, okay.

my solaire on PC has kiln access if you end up with only that zone left but eeep crowded yeah. I need to head to work shortly but will send you a PM after I get off

That would have involved actually going back to the bonfire, getting out my flame, and attuning flash sweat....nahhh.

Was easier to just smash his face and continue on.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Silentdeath
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Silentdeath 2013-08-02 08:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, DLC is done on my NG+ SL1. I am stuck on the 4Kings, I just cant beat them. I usually kill three of them, I just can't dodge correctly. Sometime I dodge forward when I need to dodge left. I guess I will have to practice unlocking when I need to dodge.

It is funny though, I never really considered the Brothers fight to be the hardest fight. It has always been the 4Kings, for me at least. The witch just gets in my way. Sometimes the King will target her and mess with my dodging. Guess I just need to solo them. I have watched tons of videos, the only thing they do that I don't is Dodging better. Practice I guess, lol....

Also, 57 times to kill Artorias.
 Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Landsoul
By Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul 2013-08-02 21:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
They all give you a window, poise irregardless.
This is true, but if you have low poise depending on the weight of the attack, the attack can knock you back or stagger while having high enough poise you would be pretty much be resistant enough against the attack allowing you using estus flask without getting interupted. Same thing when you are attacking and you get high with low poise you would stagger and your attack is canceled, but having obtained high enough poise you suddenly become resistant to the attack unless the attack's weight is too strong and your attack will still go off.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Enuyasha 2013-08-02 23:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So question: in NG+ is SL1 the same souls to next level as a normal level 1->2 or is it like, a bergillion souls :<

Post deleted by User.
By Enuyasha 2013-08-03 00:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

the number of souls needed for each specific level up never changes no.
Like say you need 1.5 billion souls to go from lvl 1 to lvl 700. it will always be 1.5 billion souls
Okay, so the game just makes it incredibly easy to cap stats after the second playthrough if you already put a lot of work into stats in the first playthrough (which i've found i had to do because without overleveling the ***out of my stats i couldnt get anything done at all >_>). Which is cool :< Specially since you start out with all the souls you get from the boss and your built up souls :< I have to sit down and finish this game one day lol.

Post deleted by User.
By Enuyasha 2013-08-03 00:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not really that easy nah. Like for example it would cost you 7,100,000 souls just to level up once when you're that high.

But yeah if you're underleveled and going into NG+, they give you extra souls to help make sure you are properly leveled
Itll be a huge help since ill know where all the really good soul farming spots are :< and then theyll be even better with the NG+ soul bonuses :<

Post deleted by User.
By Enuyasha 2013-08-03 00:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah if you solo and throw on soul boosting gear, NG+ ornstein and smough drop 216,000 souls lol

you on now? we should duel
im turning on the PS3 now :<

My main dillema with the game atm is if i should make greatshield of artorias (which i dont have the STR capacity at all to equipright away) or Greatsword of artorias (cursed). I want the bitchin Greatsword, but i also want the shield for the next playthrough :<
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 224 225 226