First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 224 225 226
 Bismarck.Lottto
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Lotto
By Bismarck.Lottto 2013-07-22 06:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
That guy probably ws in his first normal playthrough and didn't know you were summoning him into NG+? hmmm

but what's your strategy so far Lotto? my PS3 chars atm at lvl 2 and lvl 400 sadly

I'm using a mix of pyromancy for Iron skin (no idea if it's the same name in english) and some quick combustion spam and a 2handed black knight halberd +5 + the stamina shield on the back.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-07-22 10:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk if it's the same as ours (I'd think it would be) but Iron Skin kills your movement speed now. As for the Kings, imo, fast rolling and a good shield will do you much better. I was able to roll flip through the majority of their attacks using the DWGR.

Could always try a faster weapon like Ricard's Rapier, Longsword, BSS and enchant it with either Crystal Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon, Darkmoon Blade, or Sunlight Blade. If you can't use any of those effectively then even a Gold Pine Resin will suffice.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-07-23 19:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Souls 2: new gameplay mechanics info, SDCC gameplay footage
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Enuyasha 2013-07-24 22:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting to hate Minor Taurus Demon :( They cheat hardcore
VIP
By Kalila 2013-07-24 23:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Souls II Narrative Details Unveiled!
Lord(an)ing over its rivals
by Jack McGlynnJuly 24, 2013

A recent natter with Dark Souls II Game Director Tanimura San revealed some interesting info about the state of the narrative for his hotly anticipated sequel.

In short, it’s great news for fans of the original’s oblique, scattershot approach to narrative structure....

“The basic style of the story telling is the same. I feel that the user’s imagination is much more fascinating than the story itself.... At this moment, the actual numbers of NPC can’t be revealed. However, it will be the same or a little bit more than the last title. The world is the kingdom once prospered in the past with few survivors.”

And when quizzed whether or not NPCs could be mined for some delicious world building anecdotes or details,

“There will be simple responses like YES/NO, same as the last title. However there will be nothing like dialogue trees.”

Sadly, if you were hoping for a traditional, juicy narrative with plenty of meat on its bones, you’re playing the wrong game.
Actually, that’s completely untrue – We should all be playing Dark Souls.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-07-25 00:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lottto said: »
That guy probably ws in his first normal playthrough and didn't know you were summoning him into NG+? hmmm

but what's your strategy so far Lotto? my PS3 chars atm at lvl 2 and lvl 400 sadly

I'm using a mix of pyromancy for Iron skin (no idea if it's the same name in english) and some quick combustion spam and a 2handed black knight halberd +5 + the stamina shield on the back.

It's still called Iron Skin, and it's still a "Win the game" button. It's amazing how easy Dark Souls is when you don't succumb to a cascading failure because one hit sent you into an inescapable stunlock scenario. See: Skelewheelie *** in the catacombs. Have I mentioned I hate them yet?
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-07-25 01:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you ever encountered black phantom bonewheel skeletons? That's *** horrifying. A single one destroyed my stamina and health in like, 4 seconds.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-07-25 02:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If it has anything to do with NewGame+ then no, I haven't. I had like 3 hours or less to bring Dark Souls back to GameStop to get the full refund, the Four Kings of New Londo sucked like 2 days by themselves. Granted, I avoided any guides or tips, so for half that time I was trying to figure out the Ruins without the Abysswalking ring from that Wolf.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-07-25 20:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Exclusive Interview – From Software
Tanimura San, Dark Souls II Director
by Jack McGlynnJuly 23, 2013

From Software’s storied ‘Souls’ series are real games for real gamers; less with the hand-holding, more with the bone crunching! Minimal narrative takes a backseat to precision controls, creative tactics and generation defining online play.

Also those beasties are genuine nightmare fuel!

With the lurching, inexorable approach of the terrifying-if-tantalising Dark Souls II, we deemed it high time to rap precision combat gameplay with Tanimura San, from the studio that does it best.

IMPORTANT!

Obviously, being a Japanese company, a translator was utilised. Even still, you’ll have to make (very understandable) allowances for any culture clash or jarring translation.

That said, their response was so distinctive, so unique, that to edit (overly) would be to sully their gift. And so, in all its untainted glory, behold From Software on Dark Souls II...

Question in English
Improved backstab animations were showcased at E3. Will counters and ripostes be similarly overhauled? Will they be interruptible?

Question in Japanese
E3で進化した背後からの攻撃が公開されました。カウンター攻撃といったものも同様に進化しているのでしょうか?それらに対して割り込むことは可能なのでしょうか?

Translator in English
※I will take the question as; Counter attack = Parry, Interruptible = interrupted by an enemy during the execution

Answer in English
The effects of backstab fatal hit was reinforced, however the motions even the fatal blow are all renewed for the effects fortification. The fatal blow can be interrupted during the execution, so the timing is vital when you are fighting against a group of enemies.

Translator in Japanese
※カウンター攻撃=パリィでしょうか?また割り込む=interruptible=発動中に敵に邪魔をされる、という質問ですか?ひとまずその前提で返答します。

Answer in Japanese
背後からの致命の一撃は演出面の強化をしていますが、パリィからの致命の一撃についてもモーションを全て一新して演出的な強化を行っています。致命の一撃は発動中にも割り込みをされるので、集団の敵と戦っている場合は出すタイミングを見極める必要があります。

Question in English
Dual Wielding weapons was also showcased, with several fluid animations and combos. Will players also be able to dual wield larger weapons like great-swords, spears and pole-axes?

Question in Japanese
滑らかなアニメーションとコンボが可能な二刀流が公開されましたが、大剣、スピア、斧といった大型の武器についても二刀流することができるのでしょうか?

Answer in English
It is planned to be for the same category weapons. For example, the dual wielding is not possible between a spear and an axe; however, it is possible between the same categories such as spears, axes, great-swords.

Answer in Japanese
同じカテゴリの武器であれば可能にする予定です。例えば槍と斧では二刀流ができませんか、槍&槍、斧&斧、大剣&大剣という同カテゴリの組み合わせであれば二刀流が成立する形です。

Question in English
Will melee spells or inherently magic weapons (i.e. Moonlight Greatsword, Dark Hand) have more or a presence in Dark Souls II? Will they be a viable option for an entire playthrough, for instance?

Question in Japanese
近接魔法攻撃や魔法武器(Moonlight Greatsword,、Dark Hand等)はダークソウルIIでより大きなプレゼンスを持つことになるのでしょうか?プレイの全工程を通してそれらは使えるものとして位置づけられているのでしょうか?

Answer in English
Melee Spells and inherently magic weapons will be positioned as weapons with specific great effects in Dark Souls II as well. This can be said about all the weapons, however, it can’t be effective in every circumstance. Its efficiency to the situation should be well judged.

Answer in Japanese
近接魔法攻撃や魔法武器は今作でも特定の高い効果を持つ武器として位置付ける形になります。しかし、全ての武器に言えることですが、あらゆる局面で効果的かというとそうではなく、場面によってどういう武器が有効かを考えて選択する必要はあると思います。

Question in English
Melee Finishers with (brutal) canned animations are increasingly common in fighting games. Will they feature in Dark Souls II?

Question in Japanese
格闘(アクション含めて?)ゲームにおいて(残酷な)お決まりのアニメーションで近接攻撃で止めを刺すのは定番になりつつありますが、このような仕様はダークソウルIIに実装されるのでしょうか?

Answer in English
We are thinking to express it by reinforcing the fatal blow action.

Answer in Japanese
致命の一撃のアクションの強化、という形でそれを表現しようと考えております。

Question in English
A major drawback of Fire/Lightning/Magic weapons is that their stats don’t scale, making them relatively useless in NewGame+... Is there a plan to alter this approach for Dark Souls II?

Question in Japanese
炎/雷/魔法系の武器の欠点はその数値が拡大しないことから、数周回プレイするにあたりあまりゲーム内で使えないものにすることです。ダークソウルIIでこのアプローチを変える予定はありますでしょうか?

Answer in English
It is not easy to tell the detailed information at the moment. However, the weapons reinforcement has more freedom compared to the last title and the Fire/Lightning/Magic weapons can be fortified enough.

Answer in Japanese
現時点で詳細の情報を出すのは難しいのですが、武器の強化については前作より自由度が高くなるアプローチをしており、炎/雷/魔法武器も十分な強化が可能だと考えています。

Question in English
Given many High End weapons requires specific Strength/Dexterity/Faith etc builds, will Dark Souls II permit players to redistribute skill points or respect their characters?

Question in Japanese
多くのハイエンドな武器が特定の強さ/器用さ/信念等をその作成に必要としますが、ダークソウルIIではプレーヤーによるキャラへのスキルポイント配布を可能にするのでしょうか?それともキャラクターの個性を尊重するかたちになるのでしょうか?

Answer in English
We can’t tell the detailed information about the character raising system; however the player’s freedom will be very much respected.

Answer in Japanese
キャラクターの育成システムについては現時点で詳細の情報は出せませんが、プレイヤーの自由度を尊重する方向性で考えています。

Question in English
Is there a plan to expand the scope of aerial attacks for the sequel? Sadly, this tactic was quite limited in Dark Souls...

Question in Japanese
空中攻撃に関する余地を広げるプランはありますか?残念ながらダークソウルではこの戦術は非常に限定的でした。

Answer in English
※ I take what you mean by aerial attacks as the descending attack rather than all possible attacks in the air.

There will be more situations where the battle can be won advantageously by using the descending attack effectively. However, we prefer not to limit the player’s way to fight so this is not really planned.

Answer in Japanese
※ aerial attacks …落下攻撃でしょうか。それとも空中で行える攻撃全般、という概念的なものを指している?一応、前者を想定しての返答です。

落下攻撃に関しては、うまく使えば有利に戦闘できるというシチュエーションは増やす予定です。しかし、プレイヤーの攻略の幅を制限することは望ましくないので強要するようなシチュエーションを設けるつもりはあまりありません。

Question in English
Will the previously announced destructible environments open up combat options as well as hidden paths? Can you give an example if so?

Question in Japanese
前回アナウンスされた破壊可能な環境は、戦闘におけるオプションを広げたり、あるいはマップ上に隠されたルートを出現させたりするのでしょうか?もしそうであれば、何か例を挙げて頂けますでしょうか?

Answer in English
It is developed in that direction. A hidden route explored only by a precise enemy attack is one of the examples.

Answer in Japanese
そのような方向性で作っています。例えば、敵の特定の攻撃により開拓される隠しルート、などがその一例です。

Question in English
Will there be a chance to talk or negotiate your way out of combat via dialogue trees or other options?

Question in Japanese
戦闘を避けるための会話/交渉の手段としてダイアログ・ツリーあるいは他のオプションを実装する予定はありますでしょうか?

Answer in English
There will be simple responses like YES/NO, same as the last title. However there will be nothing like dialogue trees.

Answer in Japanese
前作と同様、YES/NOの簡単な受け答えなどは存在しますが、ダイアログ・ツリーなどの導入予定はありません。

Question in English
On the subject of dialogue, how many NPCs will Dark Souls II feature? Are there more, or fewer, than its predecessors? Will the world of Dark Souls II feel more populated?

Question in Japanese
ダイアログ面ですが、ダークソウルIIでは何人のNPCが実装される予定でしょうか?前作より多いのでしょうか、それとも少ないのでしょうか?ダークソウルIIの世界はより多くのキャラクターが存在するところなのでしょうか?

Answer in English
At this moment, the actual numbers of NPC can’t be revealed. However, it will be the same or a little bit more than the last title. The world is the kingdom once prospered in the past with few survivors.

Answer in Japanese
NPCの具体的な数については現時点で明言できませんが、前作と同程度~やや多いくらいの数になると思います。舞台となる世界は、過去には繁栄していた王国ですが、今残るはごくわずかな人々だけです。

Question in English
Likewise, will Dark Souls II offer a more fleshed out narrative? The story in previous games has been quite oblique – though many fans commend this approach...

Question in Japanese
ダークソウルIIですが、より具体化された物語を提供しますでしょうか?前作は随分遠まわしな表現になっておりました。ただ多くのファンがそのアプローチを称えていましたが。

Answer in English
The basic style of the story telling is the same. I feel that the user’s imagination is much more fascinating than the story itself.

Answer in Japanese
ストーリーテリングについて、基本的なスタイルを変えることは考えておりません。私は物語そのものよりユーザーの想像力の方が魅力的であると考えております。

Question in English
The bonfire network was one of the defining features of Dark Souls however it only opened up about half way through the game. Will Dark Souls II make players wait for fast travel like its predecessor?

Question in Japanese
篝火のネットワークはダークソウルの最たる特徴でした。ただゲーム内の半分の領域へのアクセスが可能でした。ダークソウルIIですが、前作同様プレーヤーは高速なトラベルのために待たされることになるのでしょうか?

Answer in English
This time, the bonfire network will be accessible from the beginning. The search with higher freedom from the beginning will be possible.

Answer in Japanese
今作では、篝火のネットワークは序盤から解放する予定です。序盤から自由度の高い探索が可能な構成を目指しています。

Question in English
It’s said Covenants will be more accessible this time – Will this (coupled with dedicated multiplayer servers) allow for more reliable Co-Op? Or even more frequent invasions?

Question in Japanese
誓約については今作でよりアクセスシブルになると言われています。専用のゲームサーバも合わせてですが、これにより更に改善された協力プレイだったり、さらに頻度の高い侵入を楽しむことができるのでしょうか?

Answer in English
The upgraded Covenants and the dedicated game server will offer deeper and more comfortable Co-Op and invasions.

Answer in Japanese
誓約の改良や専用のゲームサーバにより、協力や侵入をより深く、快適に楽しむことができるようになると考えております。

Question in English
The online features of the ‘Souls’ games have been rightly praised for their minimalism. Will sharing or trading items be an option in Dark Souls II?

Question in Japanese
ソウルシリーズのオンライン仕様は、必要最低限の要素に絞っているということについて称えられていました。アイテムの共有/交換はダークソウルIIでオプションにあるのでしょうか?

Answer in English
There will be no sharing or trading items. This title’s idea is “Loose Connection”. As you mentioned in your question, a system to force excessive communication doesn’t suit this title.

Answer in Japanese
アイテムの共有・交換機能は現時点では予定しておりません。このタイトルの理念は「緩い繋がり」であり、ご質問にある通り、過度なコミュニケーションを強要するシステムはこのタイトルには合わないと考えております。

Question in English
And finally... Ok, so there is no new “Easy Mode” (thank god!) but what steps are being taken to open up the ‘Souls’ experience to a wider audience of interested players who may simply be too intimidated to play?

Question in Japanese
そして最後の質問ですが、新しい「イージーモード」があるそうですが、ソウルシリーズの体験を興味を持っているけどプレイするのに怖気づいている層にどのようなステップで広げていくことにしていますでしょうか?

Answer in English
The reason why there is no “Easy Mode” is that this game’s principal is not “a high difficulty game” but “a game with high sense of accomplishment”. It is made in the way that even the situation which seems impossible to clear can be definitely cleared by thinking through the strategy, with creative approach, or by raising a character. In that meaning, the creativity to motivate the player’s efforts is most important rather than using the techniques with superficial cleverness. Then from there, there is the sense of accomplishment and this will lead to the new audience. If this series were to be supported in the future, we feel that keeping such kind of root is very important.

Answer in Japanese
イージーモードを設けないのは、このゲームは「難易度が高いゲーム」ではなく「達成感の高いゲーム」であるという理念を持っているからです。クリアできなさそうな状況でも、自分自身で攻略法を考えたり、アプローチを工夫したり、キャラを育てたりすることで、必ずクリアが可能にある作りをしております。そういった意味では、小手先の手法に頼るのではなく、色々な場面で「こうすればうまくいけた」とか「今度はこうしてみよう」とかプレイヤーの主体的な努力を引き出していくような工夫が最も重要だと考えています。そして、その先に達成感があるということを十分に感じられる内容にするのが、新しい層へのアプローチに繋がると考えております。今後このシリーズが支持され続けるとしたら、そういった根幹の部分を大事にしていくことが必要だと考えております。
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-07-25 20:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Precise Controls is a bit generous. Maybe that's an interface issue though in general though. Thumbs are imprecise compared to a mouse, but WASD can't get you more than two degrees of movement, Overshooting your target and undershooting your target 16 times before you finally overshoot it.
 Bismarck.Lottto
Server: Bismarck
user: Lotto
By Bismarck.Lottto 2013-07-26 09:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's not 100% related to Dark Souls but the Summer Games Done Quick have started and they're trying to raise money for Médecins sans frontières (Doctors Without Borders) by making a few speed runs.

If their schedule doesn't change they planned a Dark Souls run on Monday, even if I know it might end up being really early for NAs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Landsoul
By Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul 2013-07-26 10:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I picked up Dark Souls a few days ago from Steam sales, I have been wanting to do it and a friend kept pushing me to play it. But I was a little scared, because everyone keeps saying its too unfair and hard. I was thinking of playing Demon's Souls first, but went ahead and bought Dark Souls instead, and man how I do love this game :D it's been awhile since i've played an actual challenge. I mean its exaggerating HARD if you play it safe and know the enemy, but still a great challenge and very fun boss fights. For some reason this game also reminds me somewhat of zelda except Zelda boss fights are much easier than than DkS.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-07-26 11:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul said: »
I picked up Dark Souls a few days ago from Steam sales, I have been wanting to do it and a friend kept pushing me to play it. But I was a little scared, because everyone keeps saying its too unfair and hard. I was thinking of playing Demon's Souls first, but went ahead and bought Dark Souls instead, and man how I do love this game :D it's been awhile since i've played an actual challenge. I mean its exaggerating HARD if you play it safe and know the enemy, but still a great challenge and very fun boss fights. For some reason this game also reminds me somewhat of zelda except Zelda boss fights are much easier than than DkS.
I'm glad you enjoy it :)

Dark Souls has an unfair reputation for being insanely difficult, but the blame comes partly from it's slogan "Prepare to Die". I feel people take this to meaning, in the words of Michael (who shouldn't be taken seriously),

“Why would you make the game this hard? This is like 10 seconds into the ****1 game. I put the game into the ****2 Xbox and I've died like 40 ****3 times. You will die over, and over, and over. Why? Who would want to do that? Why would you want to play that? I want to play the ****4 game and happy times and fun adventures, and ****5 go on picnics, and ****6... ****7 dance around in sunlight and sunshine... I don't know... rainbows and sprinkles. Not ****8 die over and over again, that's not fun. I don't like that, who the ****9 likes that? That's ****10.”

However, it's not that at all; it's really a game with high sense of accomplishment. Yes, Dark Souls can be a difficult game. The learning curve is slightly higher than your traditional RPG game, but it isn't a difficult game to learn. You start out with nothing, well, almost nothing.

Throughout the tutorial you learn how to use the controller, learn what messages are and how to read them, how to swing your weapon and lock on, and you find your first bonfire and what they are for.

You then learn one of the most important lessons that almost everyone who doesn't read a guide will fail at least once, learn to run away from an opponent that is beyond your power. You then learn how to pick up items, how to equip them, how to block, and you run into your first fog door (although these are left as a mystery on purpose).

You learn about backstepping, traps, and learn about areas that open up after an event occurs. You meet your first NPC and learn that if you attack an enemy they can die, or if you talk with them they might reward you. This lesson is overlooked by many players, who then attack NPCs after the tutorial and find out that they will fight back, and won't ever stop until you kill them, or you abolish your sins. Though you won't learn about abolishing your sins until after your third boss (including tutorial), and players who warp out or are completely oblivious will miss this NPC and never know about them.

You then learn about jumping, that if you rest at a bonfire enemies will respawn, and you find yourself in a tight spot with multiple enemies attacking you at once and have survive it. You learn about backstabbing, and parry + repost, and that weak enemies can become a threat if armored with a weapon.

You then encounter the boss yet again, but this time you're geared and you've gained some experience. You then learn how to execute a Plunging Attack, and that it can deal massive damage to enemies weak to it. You then learn how to strafe around large enemies, avoid their attacks or get punished, whether it's through losing stamina or massive health. You also learn to find a right opportunity to heal or you get punished.

You then get the message "You defeated!", and find your way out into the open world where you can look around, and find out if you look in hidden ares you might find an item you can pick up. You find the NPC Snuggly, who will always be some mystery to you unless you look up online what it's there for, and finally complete your tutorial being carried away by a crow, to Firelink Shrine.

You will never stop learning, even after having mastered the game and beating it multiple times you will continue to learn about the fantastic lore this game offers. You'll find out secrets that you overlooked your first playthrough, and make builds that prepare yourself for PvP to fight against other players. Then you will die, over and over, until you can learn how to survive all over again.

The tutorial isn't that bad, but many people who've picked up the game ignore all of this, and say the game is too difficult. They then write up an article claiming that the game is far too difficult, unbalanced, unfair, and people who enjoy the game are clearly masochists. If you learn from the lessons given to you, you will not only survive in the game, but be rewarded with a true sense of achievement, something that lacks in far too many games.
[+]
 Asura.Domz
Server: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2013-07-26 11:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel sorry for all the giant dads I see now ; ; humanity is a hell of a drug
By Drjones 2013-07-26 12:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like there's a lot of overlap between Dark Souls and fighting games. It scratches some of the same itches that Street Fighter does.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-07-26 22:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the best summary of the Dark Souls experience I've ever heard Kali. <3 May have to borrow it if the Tumblr posters in the Dark Souls tag start to bother me with their idiocy again. >_>;

And really high tier PvP is really intimidating.

These are the kind of people that absolutely stomp me. MCROSS98 in particular has annihilated me in every fight I've gone up against him in.

I haven't fought against Ippiki9 yet, but considering he's better than MCROSS (more so that you'd think from what the video shows) I'd be in a lot of trouble.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-07-26 23:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing on xbox and pc a lot. Got to a fairly high level on PC thanks to the Forest Hunter Covenant forest. Yay for level 500+ idiots.
By Enuyasha 2013-07-27 01:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

after not playing the game for like 3 days...i apparently suck :|

Secondly, how many attunement slots would you say i need :o

Obvious details be: I want to cure myself but not be limited to having to change my attuned spells at every bonfire.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-07-27 01:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on how far you're willing to go in levels. If you don't care about restricting yourself to 120ish range. Then get the max slots (10) which you get at 50 attunement.

I played with only 4 for a long time and it worked well imo.
By Enuyasha 2013-07-27 01:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on what type of character you want to be. I say 2 slots in general and 5-10 for specializing if you plan to have it as your main source of damage

Since some jobs come with 2 already, I really got used to that freedom
Well, not really looking for damage :| but i guess i may just want 5: "Regen","Cure",Iron Flesh, and some pyromancy damage.

so would that be 4 :o and what is actually "worth it" :<

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-07-27 02:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't go that far but I agree somewhat.

It was awesome/OP when it didn't hinder your movement speed, but now it makes it kinda meh. Way to easy for enemies to get behind you or you're too slow to dodge their attacks.

Learning to time your rolling/flipping correctly is the best thing you can do to increase your survivability.
By Enuyasha 2013-07-27 02:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

well, 30 seconds for a buff is silly, and i'd only really want to use it i think when i knew i was going to get hit with some stupid horrible damage...like fawkin minor taurus demons...
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-07-27 02:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
well, 30 seconds for a buff is silly, and i'd only really want to use it i think when i knew i was going to get hit with some stupid horrible damage...like fawkin minor taurus demons...

If you wait for them to start their leap-attack animation then as soon as they jump towards you, you roll towards them. You'll end up either under them or right behind them allowing you to get quite a few attacks in for free. Staying up close and side-rolling is probably the easiest way to avoid their attacks.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-07-27 02:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't agree with you more. It seems like Ironflesh completely defeats the purpose of From Software's stated goal with the Souls series.

There was an armor set that made you immune to knockdown and stun too, I can't remember what it was called though. You had to really build your character into it though or you'd plod around at 1KM/Eon.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-07-27 02:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
There was an armor set that made you immune to knockdown and stun too, I can't remember what it was called though. You had to really build your character into it though or you'd plod around at 1KM/Eon.

Havel's? It has the highest poise in the game which is what allows you to not be stunned/knocked down by ***.

There are tiers to your poise rating. 77 is typically what really high level/heavy armor wearers shoot for. While a good rating to shoot for at medium/light armor is 56 and another at 41.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-07-27 02:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Havel's is totally it. I remember getting liquified by some dude wearing it hiding behind a door.

I always used Light-Medium armor because I'm pretty good with reflexes. The only fight I can really remember where It probably wasn't a good idea was the Four Kings. I read you're best off High-poise and zerging them before all 4 can gangbang you. I did pretty much the opposite. High agility + Pharis's Blackbow.

The fatass and the dragoon were kinda hard too, but I think that was more just learning tactics than my build. Once I got patient and pecked away at the skinny ***, it wasn't so bad.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 224 225 226