Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
First Page 2 3 ... 131 132 133 ... 224 225 226
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2014-02-28 19:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

the exact reason i haven't purchased a console since ps2. if they don't release it for pc, it's probably not worth playing. except for gta v. i want that pc version nao.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-02-28 19:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
the exact reason i haven't purchased a console since ps2. if they don't release it for pc, it's probably not worth playing. except for gta v. i want that pc version nao.
There have been some very good console exclusive games, but companies are seriously being foolish about not releasing their games for PC.

After the initial release of your game, you're not making nearly as much money anymore, because people aren't buying your game NEW. They are buying used games from companies like gamestop, or renting the game, and the developers aren't seeing anything from that or almost nothing.

On PC you get digital sales, for the same price, and there is no used games, and hardly any renting. You have to deal with priacy, but the sales are always sold as new and the developers always get their cut. Steam and other sites get their share as well, but it's not nearly as bad as used games, at least in my opinion.

Also, many people who do pirate eventually get the actual game because they liked the game and they want to use the online features to play with friends. Many developers have come out to say to just torrent their game, and if they like it then they can buy it. Developers of Minecraft, Terraria / Starbound, have said they don't mind. You know there are millions of people torrenting their game but there are millions buying it as well.

I don't know what developers have against PC. It costs more to develop exclusive titles for consoles like PS3, but I'm sure SONY pays them to do it as well.

I don't know, I don't really know how this stuff works, I just think PC needs more love, and I'm not even a PC player.
Server: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-02-28 19:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

First I want to thank everyone who has kept this thread bumped for like the past year+. I check it every time I see it up and it has slowly convinced me more and more to actually get farther than 10 minutes into the game. Yesterday I finally completed my first play through (including DLC) and this game is seriously one of my favorites now. Decided to semi speed run through all the bosses in NG+ and I just 1 shot O&S killing Ornstein second (for his armor). It felt pretty awesome. I also managed to get it recorded too.

Artorias FTW!
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-02-28 20:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats Ravant <3 It really is an amazing game, I'm glad you gave it a chance and didn't leave it after 10 minutes like you might have otherwise.
[+]
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-02-28 20:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem to have gotten a little cocky after the O&S fight and went to go "roll over" The Four Kings.... Pretty sure all 4 were up beating on me. Needless to say I got destroyed. :/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-03-02 01:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually had to be careful in the Four Kings fight in NG+7. A single King finally started to hurt quite a bit by that point.

Then I equipped full magic resist and all was gravy.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-03-03 18:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.funnyjunk.com/DOOOOOOOOOODGE/funny-gifs/5040377/
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-03-04 10:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
Server: Balmung
By Raein Tilgung 2014-03-04 19:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Funniest Dark Souls series I've ever seen.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Eron
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Eron 2014-03-04 20:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Oro and Peeve are great, it's comedy gold seeing the two best PvP players cowering in fear of all these ridiculously overpowered enemies.
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-03-06 11:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Steam has Dark Souls 2 for pre-order now for April 25th. :( I was hoping for late March not late April.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-03-06 21:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Souls II PS3/X360/PC - Prologue Part 1 (Trailer)
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2014-03-06 22:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to go preorder DS2 yesterday at gamestop, and the guy said I couldn't get the metal case version since it was passed the point to preorder those. But he did say that they usually ship extra copies and I can ask and still get one if they got extras. He said he had a whole drawer filled with Beyond: Two Souls as extras, so I'm hoping I can still get the metal case one for DS2.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-03-06 22:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Souls 2, the latest entry of the action role-playing game series developed by From Software, has been reviewed in the latest issue of the Japanese magazine Famitsu.

The game has received a 37/40, which is a really nice vote. The four different reviewers have given the game a 9, 9, 10 and 9. To make a comparison, Famitsu gave the same identical vote to the first Dark Souls and 29/40 to Demon’s Souls. Actual details on the review are scarce at the moment but we will let you know any additional detail as soon as they become available.

Only one Western review has surfaced for the game as of now, published by German Magazine M!Games. The game received a 90/100, which is the highest vote the series has received on M!Games.

----

These reviewers are really loving this game, and the few people I'm aware of that have had the full copy for awhile or at least played it have said they love it and it's everything they hoped for.

Let's all hope the hype doesn't destroy the game.
By volkom 2014-03-06 23:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanted to buy a ps4 to play this game...then realized it won't be on it. :|
VIP
By Kalila 2014-03-06 23:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It probably will, but not for 6-12 months probably.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-03-06 23:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I'm really torn between grabbing this on the 11th, or waiting for April the 25th.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-03-06 23:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Now I'm really torn between grabbing this on the 11th, or waiting for April the 25th.
Look, you're going to play it more than once. You know you will.

If you don't mind spending extra to have a 2nd copy, I say get both. You're going to want to play it, and getting it on PC will be a nice upgrade for a 2nd playthrough or w/e.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-03-06 23:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Look, you're going to play it more than once. You know you will.

If you don't mind spending extra to have a 2nd copy, I say get both. You're going to want to play it, and getting it on PC will be a nice upgrade for a 2nd playthrough or w/e.
I'll probably do that. I really want to start playing it from day 1, but I also want to experience what it's like to play it on PC (mainly because of mods).

I only had DS on PS3, and after burning a lot of hours on it, didn't feel like getting it on PC.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-03-07 00:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be getting it on PC when it comes out as well. Will most likely pick up the 360 version eventually too. (pre-ordered PS3)
By volkom 2014-03-07 00:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Dam it kali. Now I'm thinking about buying a ps3 just for this then the PC version. Then ps4 id/when it releases for that
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-03-07 05:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya I put down my reserve on the ps3 version yesterday but I'll be moving to PC when it's released. I hate turning on my Ps3 and dealing with all the updates and BS that I haven't done in like a year.

Also from a few things I've heard about the game (trying not to spoil anything for myself [also wont post spoilers here until a bit after release]) there is 2 things I will not like if turned out to be true and 1 I will love. I'll follow up more on this later.

Regarding that trailer... I CANNOT wait to stand at the gates of that city! I loved Anor Londo and I was reaaaaaaaaally hoping for another area similar to that.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-03-07 06:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to get my fill out of Dark Souls before I move onto 2 but I am really looking forward to it, still trying to convince my friend to get the game so I'll have someone to play with.
Server: Balmung
By Raein Tilgung 2014-03-07 15:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently there is already a save editor for one of the versions, likely 360.

Prepare yourself for twinks on day one.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-03-07 16:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Not surprising since there were so many copies of the game sent out already.

There are already a dozen torrents for xbox 360 version for DS2 :\
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-03-07 16:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I whould go to the midnight release if I didn't have to work Tuesday :/
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-03-08 01:02:39