Post deleted by User.
By Donnergott 2014-02-14 02:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Xbox 360

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Donnergott 2014-02-14 02:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't remember off the top of my head, I want to say around 19ish.
 Cerberus.Draupnir
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2014-02-14 02:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I would suggest going back through Undead Burg and farming for some more souls and maybe just going back and forth from there to Parish until you can get your Vitality/etc up. If you want an easy 10k souls go under the Parish bridge where the wyvern is and use a crossbow and keep using flamebolt on him until he drops, but with the amount of time it takes vs just farming regular undead it might be better to just farm instead.

Also hi josi, you disappeared off xbox :(

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Donnergott 2014-02-14 02:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok ty Josi :)
 Cerberus.Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2014-02-14 02:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That sucks :( you should come back and play some halo sometime like the old days :p

Also, Iron giant tactics? Gold pine resin with just parrying and zweihander? Stuck on this jerk, I took out the boulder giant which helped drastically. But I guess it's just all about patience and slowly whittling away at his hp??
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-02-14 03:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Draupnir said: »
That sucks :( you should come back and play some halo sometime like the old days :p

Also, Iron giant tactics? Gold pine resin with just parrying and zweihander? Stuck on this jerk, I took out the boulder giant which helped drastically. But I guess it's just all about patience and slowly whittling away at his hp??

You aren't parrying that guy.

When the battle starts. Just rush him from the right side. Slowing down just enough to let his initial shockwave get stuck on the crap in the middle/miss you. When you run up to him he should still be near where he started on the skinny part near the back. Roll or run underneath him and get his back facing the corner between the bridge where he started and the edge of the square in the middle.

As soon as you get behind/underneath him start attacking. Preferably something that does decent damage but also attacks fairly fast. Your goal here is to stagger him. If you attack him enough/do enough damage in a short time frame, he will stagger and all attacks will stop. A little more and he should fall down on his ***. If he is in the right position it will cause him to fall off the arena instantly dying.

If done right, he should be dead in no more than ~15 seconds from start of battle.
 Cerberus.Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2014-02-14 03:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Any preferred weapons you would recommend? Also ty for that bit of advice.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-02-14 03:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Any preferred weapons you would recommend? Also ty for that bit of advice.

Zweihander is fine if you have the stamina to swing it quite a few times. I use the Claymore myself, but just about anything other than the slowest of weapons will work.

This is essentially what I am talking about. Just this guy takes forever to do it. You can do it even without the Golem essentially leaving his spawn.
 Cerberus.Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2014-02-14 03:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thanks will try that later :D absolutely in love with the game, is the dlc worth getting?
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-02-14 03:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO, yes. Simply for the boss fights. Kalameet and to a lesser extent Artorias are the only bosses I'd consider challenging in the game.

Kalameet mainly for trying to cut his tail off. I don't kill a dragon until I cut his tail off and he took *** forever for me to get his tail every time I fought him. Some of his moves really really hurt too.

Artorias is just fun to fight due to him being more acrobatic than any other boss.

Oh and of course, the infamous Black Flame and other Dark magic comes from the expansion. Love the Dark magic line of spells.
 Cerberus.Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2014-02-14 03:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, would it be better to finish the actual game first then get the dlc or at any time throughout the game? :o
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-02-14 03:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, would it be better to finish the actual game first then get the dlc or at any time throughout the game? :o

You can get it any time. It's really more up to you and when you decide you want to do the content.
 Cerberus.Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2014-02-14 03:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright sounds good to me. Think I might go soul farming for a bit and try to build up some more damage to make it an easier fight for the giant :o

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-02-15 01:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
I'll post a vid soon donner of how to fend off cheap kill invaders. The sooner you can defend yourself the better

Been invading anor londo and it's always 3 on 1, makes for anazing dodging practice lol

Which character have you been invading there with? Also, which part of Anor Londo specifically?

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-02-15 01:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish my Darkmoon Orb would find people at least every once in a while. There has got to be at least some higher level people who have sinned out there. Or even a lower level with a massive amount of sin.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-02-15 01:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah.. Always

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-02-15 01:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to Darkmoon people though. Get tired of waiting on people to invade me. Especially since there is never more than 1 person.

Why I liked Sif's Forest so much. Actually got to engage in 2v1s, etc.

I enjoy the "look" of the host's character when I OHKO his co-op partner. Usually makes them run away or sit there spamming the Black Crystal.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-02-15 01:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
I'm surprised you switched from uchi to claymore, never saw you getting into that weapon much

I use them pretty evenly to be honest. Claymore is easier against some enemies in PvE, while Uchi is easier against the beefier monsters. At the playthroughs I'm at, the beefy monsters have so much hp that the bleed really helps because it still stacks just as fast.

Every once in a while I'll use the Zweihander as well. Mainly to take out large groups of weak mobs.

For PvP it really depends on who/what type of character I'm facing. Slower, tanky characters I use the Uchi while against fast and lower hp characters I use the Claymore for it's large attack radius.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 129 130 131 ... 224 225 226