2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
First Page 2 3 ... 128 129 130 ... 224 225 226
By Lirian 2014-02-12 19:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i got 2 more fights in me then imma mess with that black knight char some more i think.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Lirian 2014-02-12 19:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i have read about it a little, doesn't it instantly break a guard?

Post deleted by User.
By Lirian 2014-02-12 19:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG I won for once lol
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-02-12 19:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Ruler of darkness goes for extreme poise and extreme magic resist usually to devalue people spamming cheap tactics

I usually stack poise but fast roll on high chars but style means more than defense for me. This gear is just starter pyro legs and dingy head hands body because I love the way it looks.

Side bonus is high defense bleed resist and curse resist (for such light armor) just by chance really lol

I go for it all! Mwahahaha!

3/4 Giants + Big Hat. On my main that is defenses of...

458.5 Physical
373.3 Magical
373 Flame
333.5 Lightning
77 Poise (Just passed the breakpoint for Ultra Greatswords 2h R1, Greataxes 2h R1, & Great Hammers 2h R1)
255.3 Bleed

Depending on who/what I'm fighting my second ring slot varies from Steel Protection, Spell & Flame Stoneplate, Hornet, Bellowing Dragoncrest, or DWGR mainly. Unless I'm *** around or something.

I will wear other things if I know the enemy is like all magic and 0 physical or something. Or all pyromancy.

Post deleted by User.
By Lirian 2014-02-12 19:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

How does the summon system work, How many levels can i be higher than someone and they can still summon me, to help with boss fights
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-02-12 19:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lirian said: »
How does the summon system work, How many levels can i be higher than someone and they can still summon me, to help with boss fights

This is just easier....

http://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Summon+Range+Calculator
By Lirian 2014-02-12 19:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

thx
By Lirian 2014-02-12 19:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so according to that im within level range of my friend but my summoning sign isn't showing up for him, any ideas?

Post deleted by User.
By Lirian 2014-02-12 20:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It must just be bad luck on connecting. He can't seem to get my summon sign to even show up lol
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-02-13 08:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What sort of armour do you guys go for? I had always been going for the best defence so in the end cause very restricted movement but for the Quelaag fight I swapped to armour with more magic and fire resistance and quite liked the faster movement, better rolling etc.
By Lirian 2014-02-13 08:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Me personally I typically stick with lighter armor because I don't like the slow movements of the heavier sets. The only fights I've ever adapted armor to survive was ornstien an his fat friend, and I think for gwyen since I attempted to parry kill style for some time until I started a more evasive build. From what I can tell typically ppl just use what they like looks wise.

On my chars I typically stick with the starter gear until the crimson set then I switch to the golden hem set. Only status effects I ever encounter is poison during the fun times in blight town. But typically you find enough herbs in darkroot that even poison isn't an issue.

After dualing with his last night I can certianly see the value of certian resist builds when fighting player when you know what weapons they plan to use. He one shotted me several times with his lighting claymore, I'm sure a little work on my armor would have made that less painful. It was a blast either way though lol.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-02-13 08:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I make sure to never go over 25% equipment burden. So my armor depends on my Endurance/SL.

I mainly use heavy armor because I have no reason not to on my main. On my level 2 I use what gives me the best defenses possible for the situation while still maintaining the fast roll.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-02-13 11:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
I make sure to never go over 25% equipment burden. So my armor depends on my Endurance/SL.

I mainly use heavy armor because I have no reason not to on my main. On my level 2 I use what gives me the best defenses possible for the situation while still maintaining the fast roll.
Useful info, I think I'll aim for that figure.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-02-13 11:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's situational based on your skill at staying alive without the extra defense, poise, etc.

If being light on your feet is being counter productive because you can't stay away, being a tank might be worth a try or two to see if it helps.

However, if being a tank is having you take too many hits than you can absorb, it also might be counter productive. Also, it's kinda cheap running around in havels armor or greater cutting everything down because you can't be staggered. I prefer a more fair approach to give my enemies more of a chance so if I do make a mistake, I'll be staggered and open to being hit further.

It all boils down to personal preference and your views on what you should and shouldn't do.

Most players generally gear up to what looks good, unless they know they need to gear up for curse resistance or something.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-02-13 11:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

VIP
By Kalila 2014-02-13 14:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

RankGame TitlePreorders
1Watch Dogs546,594
2Destiny523,907
3Titanfall369,409
4Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII308,860
5Dark Souls II273,053
6South Park: The Stick of Truth238,002
7inFAMOUS: Second Son203,979
8Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster159,510
9The Elder Scrolls Online132,778
10Tales of Symphonia Chronicles125,083
11Thief109,167
12The Order104,421
13Kinect Sports Rivals939,30
14Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze90,999
15Driveclub74,116
16Dying Light67,924
17The Sims 465,977
18Mario Kart Wii U49,787
19Halo 548,918

Not bad for being a niche game :o

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-02-14 01:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
And you still get staggered by a lvl one spinning and casting giant fireball since breakpoint is 81!

That and Great Lord Greatsword Dance are all that will stagger. No one uses Giant Fireball anyway. Wind up is huge and you'll be backstabbed or slammed by me before you can cast it.

81 breakpoint would cause medium roll even with FaP ring sadly. Otherwise I would.

Unless of course I drop to a much lighter shield/weapon. But *** going to a dagger or anything lighter than an Uchi.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-02-14 01:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »

Useful info, I think I'll aim for that figure.

Kali has a point though.

I am very accustomed to the invulnerable time frame of the fast roll due to having used it so much. So I'm really only good at avoiding/dodging attacks with that roll. Once you use a specific roll through over 4 NGs, you pretty much muscle memory the timing of when to roll. Going to a heavier roll *** me up big time.

If the mid-roll feels more natural to you then go with it.

I just attempt to be as optimal as possible since I am free to do so with my stats as high as they are.

Unless you are doing a specific build or roleplaying I think you should always go for the most optimal setup for the situation.

Which would include maintaining as much defense (type relative to situation) as possible while keeping the roll you want. If you don't mind the slower rolls then you're free to wear heavier stuff. Unless of course you have maxed Endurance allowing you to wear pretty much anything and still fast roll.

Havels is the heaviest set in the game I believe and all it has going for it is it's massive poise statistic.

Since it can't be upgraded, other sets like Giants and Black Iron have higher physical defense.

Then you have builds such as Josi's standard low level armor setup. He has very little physical resistance relative to my own, but for his level his defense is high because of the set he uses. He maintains fast roll I believe because with so little HP he can't afford to be hit and taken within the threshold of a grazing attack being able to kill him.

Yet even at such a low level the damage you can put out in this game doesn't change much. He is still capable of near one-shotting me with melee on my high level. And he can one-shot me with magic when he uses the max-dmg build. All that saves me from it is Great Magic Barrier.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-02-14 01:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
I use 5/5 giants and claymore plus normal shield and dark moon talisman and still dwgr ninja flip roll, odd you're having problems

Big Hat
Giant Armor
Giant Gauntlets
Giant Leggings
Havel's Ring
99 END.

Max Load: 208.5

Using:

Claymore + Silver Knight Shield
Logan's Catalyst + Darkmoon Talisman

The above setup puts me at 52.1/208.5. Exactly 25% Equip load.
By Donnergott 2014-02-14 01:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been lurking this thread for quite some time and decided to pick the game up a few weeks ago.

I decided to start with Knight and kept getting stuck at Undead Burg at the Taurus Demon and Black Knight there, I've put about 3.5 hours in on him and eventually decided to put him on hold and move to Pyromancer seeing as it seems to be the go to class for beginners. I breezed through everything and got all the way to Undead Parish but I'm getting stuck on the Undead Knight's now, I can take one down but by the end of the fight I've already used all of my Estus Flasks.

I've mainly been putting my points in Endurance/Vitality/Intelligence/Defense but is there anything that I can possibly do to get past this point or maybe work on in the mean time to move forward?
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-02-14 02:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Donnergott said: »
So I've been lurking this thread for quite some time and decided to pick the game up a few weeks ago.

I decided to start with Knight and kept getting stuck at Undead Burg at the Taurus Demon and Black Knight there, I've put about 3.5 hours in on him and eventually decided to put him on hold and move to Pyromancer seeing as it seems to be the go to class for beginners. I breezed through everything and got all the way to Undead Parish but I'm getting stuck on the Undead Knight's now, I can take one down but by the end of the fight I've already used all of my Estus Flasks.

I've mainly been putting my points in Endurance/Vitality/Intelligence/Defense but is there anything that I can possibly do to get past this point or maybe work on in the mean time to move forward?

If you mean you are putting those stats on your Pyromancer.. you don't need to put points into Intelligence. Pyromancy isn't affected by any of your stats. Only the level of your Pyromancy Glove.

As far as what to do... try watching your timing better. It seems as if you are just rushing in and trying to kill them before they kill you. It's usually better to barely walk up and attempt to get only one to attack you at a time. Finish that one off and move on to the next.

If you have a shield with 100% physical resistance, equip it and keep it up. Just don't run out of Stamina (your stamina regenerates slower when you keep your shield up). Watch what they do and react based on how they attack. Learn their patterns first.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ruzoko
Server: Asura
user: Ruzoko
By Asura.Ruzoko 2014-02-14 02:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Donnergott said: »

best way is to stay shield up and attack when u see an opening and re-guard least thats how i got through them my first go
By Donnergott 2014-02-14 02:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

@Ruler: Didn't realize that I didn't need INT for that class thank you, I'm very cautious about running head first in to areas because I know there's always going to be something there that will put you back to your grave as well as just regular enemies that do the same thing. I have the Knight's Shield and I forget the name of the waraxe but it only does about 83 damage from what I remember. I've pretty much figured out their movements/attacks but it's just the Undead Knight's that are giving me an issue at this point.

@Josi: For some reason I'm not able to per se "equip" the broadswords/longswords without getting an error message saying "can't use stats currently on this weapon" I can still equip it but just don't get the stats, or maybe I'm thinking of 2 different weapons that are doing the same thing. I still can't get kicking down, sometimes it works others it doesn't or I'll just randomly kick not trying to. Riposte itself is just getting behind the enemy after they attack and backstabbing really fast right? Or is it blocking their attack really fast and then hitting them?

Sorry to type so much up :/
First Page 2 3 ... 128 129 130 ... 224 225 226