Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
First Page 2 3 ... 117 118 119 ... 224 225 226
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-13 02:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Vyrerus said: »
Oh and speaking of the Knight, his Tower Kite Shield also has higher stability and less weight than Solaire's shield.

Stop finding holes in my shield logic gawd! Okay so his shield really isn't that great. lol

Screw you Vyre!

*hmph*

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
Crystal demon's great axe +5 should beat that weapon, odd you never tried?

To be honest, I never really look at the crystal line of weapons seriously since they have so little durability.

Yeah I'd imagine they do have more damage though.

Here I am talking about durability woes when its not like I'm short on souls/materials or anything.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-13 03:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I only make crystal weapons for best possible dmg against bosses or invaders but yeah, wasteful to fulltime that.

I'm trying to find the top 5 weapons for lvl 700 which I can enchant, since I don't want to just boring use demon's great axe like we did on ps3. But so far haven't found much else that scales so well along with high dmg. Using full armor + shield I got about 16 lbs of weight left to spend so it would be wasted on a dagger lol

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/armor

One of your best options still is the Claymore+15. It's damage:weight is so good. But it really depends on what you are wearing.

I'd use the above and fill in what kind of stats you're wanting for armor and it will tell you what is best to use. It assumes maximum upgrades.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-13 03:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I am sitting at 250 equipment load allowed permanently unless something like four kings forcing me to take a ring off hmmm

thanks for the link though

Yeah, I've decided to just not use FaP ring. It doesn't really allow me any extra weapons or any gear adjustments for the stats I want. Now if I drop some physical resistance it offers up to Zweihander with fast roll, but I'd rather not do that.

Oh and don't forget about the Enchanted property. Sure you can't enchant them with spells, but they do boost your damage by a very large amount once your INT is high. I use them a lot when doing PvE.

Enchanted Uchigatana <3.. makes enemies bleed quickly and the damage per second is way up there.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-13 03:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I *** love the Uchigatana in about any variety. Enchanted/magic seems most appropriate though. Also if you don't care about having the Claymore's r2 thrust, the *** Sword is stronger and has the same stat scaling iirc
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-13 03:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly haven't PVPed too too much, so ROD, what is your opinion on Occult Weapons versus players?
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-13 03:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I *** love the Uchigatana in about any variety. Enchanted/magic seems most appropriate though. Also if you don't care about having the Claymore's r2 thrust, the *** Sword is stronger and has the same stat scaling iirc

The fact that claymore has more than just horizontal swings is what makes it so good. Horizontal swings only in small areas sucks. Not to mention the reach of the thrust itself. Catches a lot of people off guard unless they are more adept at PvP.

I honestly haven't PVPed too too much, so ROD, what is your opinion on Occult Weapons versus players?

In my opinion, they are complete wastes of time. The niche use is mainly if you have both low strength and dexterity, but high faith. Since the bonus damage scales with your faith.

In PvE, the damage bonus against Gods and their kin is helpful but it's a small bonus for the most part.

Also consider that you can't enchant them with spells anymore, which are some of the biggest boosts of damage in the game. Even at the minimum Intelligence required to use Crystal Magic weapon, it will provide a bigger boost than occult could.
By RulerofDarkness 2014-01-13 03:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh if you ever go to PvP and see a guy wearing a lot of cloth-looking/dress-type armor. Take off your magic/enchanted uchi immediately. He has high magic resist most likely and it will severely undermine the magic paths.

Learned that the hard way myself.

Now they won't always have a high magic resist stat but in my experience those that have that type of armor do like 8/10 times.

They also usually spam Wrath of the Gods.
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-13 03:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The r2 of the *** sword is diaganol and when two handed it has the same as the claymore. Claymore does have that reach thoough, and slightly more of it even on the non thrust moves.
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-13 03:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiza, I need to go to bed but since my Dark Souls interest got rekindled I've been reading and looking and comparing and playing like nonstop.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-13 03:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

t's called, "switch to occult version of your weapon" nerd!

Occult Claymore +5
Scales with str dex D and faith A

Enchanted claymore +5
Scales with str dex E INT A

your weapon is inferior! : p

The damage of the occult weapon is still magic. . .

Or did I just woosh the sarcasm?

Asura.Josiahfk said: »
Oh also you can use leo ring and that thrusting move of claymore will get the boost, meaning you roll and use that attack while someone is swinging at you and you'll do crazy damage.

I like using it with the Uchi's one-handed heavy attack. Though I usually make it look like I'm going to thrust in the wrong direction and then turn at the last frame before the attack executes, causing me to turn around.

Though that doesn't work on you. Most PvP'ers aren't as experienced with my weapons as you are.
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-13 04:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So uhh, I haven't branched into Fire weapons or Lightning weapons ever. Fire due to never being aware of the Skeletal smith until a few days ago(Until then I had been a avoiding wikis mostly because I like to learn on my own). What is the advantage, if any, to Thunder/fire?
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-13 04:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fire upgrades to Chaos path which scales with your humanity up to 11. They are pretty good options for low level characters in PvP. As well as high levels sometimes.

Fire+10 is good if you are in PvE and the mob is extremely weak to fire damage.

Lightning is good at low levels as well, because it's much easier to get to and can get it earlier in the game.

As well as being great against enemies that are weak to the element.

Lightning does remove all stat scaling though which is why you see a lot of level 2/1s using it. Get a static amount of damage for having no stats.

Josi probably knows a few other things about them since he deals with the low levels more than I do.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-13 04:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be eyeballing it, but it seems like lightning adds to poise breaking? I Sunlight bladed my Claymore on a NG+ and broke Havel's poise in two R1 swings or something weird.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-13 04:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, fun bit of trivia, Siwmae is Welsh and means, "How are you?"

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-13 04:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought he was half Swahili lol oh : o

wat

Josi, you crazy.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-13 04:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be eyeballing it, but it seems like lightning adds to poise breaking? I Sunlight bladed my Claymore on a NG+ and broke Havel's poise in two R1 swings or something weird.

I have never noticed anything like that so it probably was just your eyes playing tricks on you. Though when the lightning damage hits, it does sound like it would stun the *** out of them.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-13 05:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck bleeding and poisoning this build lol

Poison heals you at that point right?
[+]
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
By Raein Tilgung 2014-01-13 07:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
Crystal demon's great axe +5 should beat that weapon, odd you never tried?

To be honest, I never really look at the crystal line of weapons seriously since they have so little durability.

Yeah I'd imagine they do have more damage though.

Here I am talking about durability woes when its not like I'm short on souls/materials or anything.
Crystal Demon weapons actually have pretty good durability because the base weapon has massive durability itself.

Wanna make a Crystal Demon Great Machette build. I also want to make a Black Knight Weapon build...
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-13 09:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck bleeding and poisoning this build lol

You should farm 999 Dung Pies, invade people, and the. Use only Dung Pies to kill them.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-13 11:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You should farm 999 Dung Pies, invade people, and the. Use only Dung Pies to kill them.

You can only hold 99 btw. :3
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-01-14 22:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

New trailer: