Link | Quote | Reply

thx for the quick reply.
 Shiva.Pheare
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: pheared
By Shiva.Pheare 2012-10-04 04:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I need help with my tp set. I don't understand how much store tp is needed for different builds. I'm curious what I need for /war and /sam and how much I need to keep in WS build.

I unfortunately don't have rose strap/ebody/neo limbus/nyzul gear. Is it still possible to make a good x-hit build?

This is the basics that I have. I just really don't know how much store tp I need. I know calmecac trousers are better, but would rather put that gil towards something like a Hagneia stone if it makes/breaks a x hit build.

I was just curious which mix/match of Houyi's Gorget/Tactical Mantle/Attila's Earring/Hagneia Stone I'd need.

Any help is appreciated. :D
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-10-04 05:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont think a 6 hit is possible /war without phorcys head/legs and ebody. With a 480 delay GS and a 513 delay scythe ive got stp+37 in gear and stp+15 from /sam to make a 6 and 5 hit build. My xhit build should be on my profile dont think ive updated it with vw and capped haste sets yet but they are built around apoc and arent OAT friendly.
By Zeota 2012-10-04 08:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you can initially, until you have to WS.

Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-10-04 08:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Without phorcys or neo limbus gear. It does say, quite clearly, they dont have access to those pieces and you have both in that set.
By Zeota 2012-10-04 08:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Without phorcys or neo limbus gear. It does say, quite clearly, they dont have access to those pieces and you have both in that set.

Yeah, OK, I get that. Forgive my oversight.

With 480 delay, it is feasible to 6hit without phorcys. Without ebody augments, you would still need to use houyi's and hagneia in conjunction with rose strap.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-10-04 13:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Missing the /war part so no stp+15 from /sam. They will need alot more stp than what those 3 pieces alone will give. Rings/ammo/neck/waist/earrings/feet is stp+25.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-10-04 16:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Pheare said: »
I need help with my tp set. I don't understand how much store tp is needed for different builds. I'm curious what I need for /war and /sam and how much I need to keep in WS build.

I unfortunately don't have rose strap/ebody/neo limbus/nyzul gear. Is it still possible to make a good x-hit build?

This is the basics that I have. I just really don't know how much store tp I need. I know calmecac trousers are better, but would rather put that gil towards something like a Hagneia stone if it makes/breaks a x hit build.

I was just curious which mix/match of Houyi's Gorget/Tactical Mantle/Attila's Earring/Hagneia Stone I'd need.

Any help is appreciated. :D
Nobody is really paying attention that you're using OAT, not Rag, and the usual bias towards the latter is smudging your options. The values you're looking for are 27/10 (TP/WS) for miss-tolerant 6-hit. You can also get away with 25/13, adding Hagneia stone to your Rajas/Tyrants/Brutal in WS, until you pick up Rose Strap. Everything you pick up at this point, Hagneia, Rose, Attila's, will stay with you through the pentultimate builds for OAT as they are currently.

/SAM 5-hit:

Phorcys/Murzim/Ogier's /WAR 5-hit:

You'll never throw them away, so you might as well get them now.
[+]
 Shiva.Pheare
Server: Shiva
user: pheared
By Shiva.Pheare 2012-10-04 17:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Nobody is really paying attention that you're using OAT, not Rag, and the usual bias towards the latter is smudging your options. The values you're looking for are 27/10 (TP/WS) for miss-tolerant 6-hit. You can also get away with 25/13, adding Hagneia stone to your Rajas/Tyrants/Brutal in WS, until you pick up Rose Strap. Everything you pick up at this point, Hagneia, Rose, Attila's, will stay with you through the pentultimate builds for OAT as they are currently.

/SAM 5-hit:

Phorcys/Murzim/Ogier's /WAR 5-hit:

You'll never throw them away, so you might as well get them now.

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was hoping to learn. I just geared up /SAM with the above set(using Pole Strap until I get Rose).

From what I've gathered, it seems /WAR is a better sub for most stuff. I just don't have the means to make /WAR 5-Hit atm. Will /SAM 5-hit always beat out /WAR 6-hit? Or should I consider the possibility of gearing up /WAR 6-hit?
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-10-04 19:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

/WAR is only really for Bergressor when swinging OAT, and also due to the 5-hit wall once you have Phorcys. Notice those don't follow the multihit fetish of Rag sets, as naturally you get less out of DA if OAT had proc'd anyway. TA/QA are still valuable though, as it's been proven they will override OAT. Really you can go with either sub, but /SAM is likely to have the reliable (miss-tolerant) hitbuild for now and gives you Seigan for non-VW stuff.

/SAM 5-hit will beat out /WAR 6-hit if you're capping attack without Zerk (which is effectively anywhere but high tier VW and Legion), and moreso once you have TP Bonus moonshade, run TP Bonus Atmacites, and generally improve your WS set.
[+]
 Leviathan.Awsome
Server: Leviathan
user: AllenD
By Leviathan.Awsome 2012-10-13 16:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Been playing with Liberator in Dynamis and Provenance. It seems that Insurgency averages around 150 damage more than Entropy.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-10-13 17:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Awsome said: »
Been playing with Liberator in Dynamis and Provenance. It seems that Insurgency averages around 150 damage more than Entropy.

Eyeball or parse results?

Post your sets and I'll math it out for you if you want.
 Leviathan.Awsome
user: AllenD
By Leviathan.Awsome 2012-10-13 18:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

They were parsed, but here's the sets I used subbed Sam.

Insurgency

Entropy
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-10-15 08:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeota said: »
I think you can initially, until you have to WS.

in what situation would this set be useful? anything where you would /war you wouldnt care about a 6 hit, so much lost potential...
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-10-17 12:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone had a store tp calculator for lazy people like me was it in this thread?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-17 12:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

google -> ffxicalculator
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-10-17 13:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thank you
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2012-11-29 10:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

In the process of getting my Ragnarok done (23/61 bills for Stage 4), this would be general set up and been wondering a couple things

This would give me a 6 hit with /sam I believe if the calculations from calculator is correct, if I do /War, I have to switch to Ace's feet for the store tp to keep 6 hit. (also, didnt factor in TP return from Resolution either, but considering Multi-hit, guessing Store TP may not matter as much)

Edit: Nvm this, apparently with current gear, don't have a way of getting 6 hit with Hag (I suck at math and stupid errors). Guessing 7 hit set up to till Armada?

My question from here, what would be the first thing worth upgrading first or using instead?

I got my AF3+2 body if it may be worth using over Porthos, Currently trying to Mala, but Havava is being a pain. Would a Hagneia Stone be worth it to get asap?

One of my first goals post Rag is getting a Armada Hauberk for the store TP augments, but want some feedback with what I got now.

Thanks.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-29 10:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think all anyone's going to do is tell you which pieces to upgrade, but the order just depends on what's available to you. Most of the gear is rare/ex or involves abjurations so just collect as best you can. It would be hard to match Taint's augments, but I'd just look as his sets for drk and aim for those - Taint's Item Sets
By Solrain 2012-11-30 11:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Avengers said: »

In the process of getting my Ragnarok done (23/61 bills for Stage 4), this would be general set up and been wondering a couple things

This would give me a 6 hit with /sam I believe if the calculations from calculator is correct, if I do /War, I have to switch to Ace's feet for the store tp to keep 6 hit. (also, didnt factor in TP return from Resolution either, but considering Multi-hit, guessing Store TP may not matter as much)

Edit: Nvm this, apparently with current gear, don't have a way of getting 6 hit with Hag (I suck at math and stupid errors). Guessing 7 hit set up to till Armada?

My question from here, what would be the first thing worth upgrading first or using instead?

I got my AF3+2 body if it may be worth using over Porthos, Currently trying to Mala, but Havava is being a pain. Would a Hagneia Stone be worth it to get asap?

One of my first goals post Rag is getting a Armada Hauberk for the store TP augments, but want some feedback with what I got now.

Thanks.

A quick temporary fix for a 6-hit, until Armada, would be ranking up once in Campaign (I see you're at Wings of Honor) and nabbing a Rose Strap, then picking up the Hagneia Stone (or Houyi's but bleh) and switching your feet to Ace's. This will give you a true 6-hit as well as an exact 6-hit with 3/5 hits from Resolution landing (Reso in Rose/Rajas/Brutal), although it puts you over the haste cap quite a bit with Porthos (who ever thought this would end up being a problem?) so you could throw on a body with acc on it, or switch body to Askar and use haste/acc feet instead.

Caveat here of course being that depending on what you use your DRK for, acc might be a problem on anything worthwhile (and these sets are nowhere near optimal - you're probably better of sticking to a 7-hit for now) but just throwing them out there because it is possible to 6-hit. You really don't realize how powerful and versatile an Armadaberk is until you have one.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2012-12-01 10:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all of the information Solrain, that was extremely helpful!

I ended up getting a Mala later on in the day I posted this, so yay! ^_^

I was thinking of a rose strap, but wasn't to sure about it. I still can't wait to get my hands on an armadaberk D:
 Odin.Erlayn
user: Erlayn
By Odin.Erlayn 2012-12-06 15:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is what I'm currently using for TP set. Since I have no chance of NNI gear I beleive this is still a viable set, and works well. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-06 15:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Your weapon choice is a bit odd, Etourdissante should be much better unless it breaks an X-Hit(don't believe it does). You shouldn't be TPing in shadow mantle, you usually shouldn't even use it in PDT macro(mollusca).

You're at 22% haste, which isn't enough for a normal set and is way too much for an aftermath set. I think you need to take a bit of time to review the other sets on the site before you call yours viable, losing damage in quite a few places.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2012-12-06 16:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Should give you 6-hit (7-hit @ 0% TP). 5-Hit if you have EBody with augments of at least Store TP+4 and DA+2% or 3%, with Haste from Voidwatch Atmacites such as Latitude or Valiant.

Ganesha's Mala, while killing Hahava is easy as hell, have fun with the low drop rate. Porthos Byrnie drops from Bismarck- he's not very hard to kill, it just takes a while. You can also use Enif Corazza if you need the ACC, though you'll be one short in haste.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-12-06 16:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »

Should give you 6-hit (7-hit @ 0% TP). 5-Hit if you have EBody with augments of at least Store TP+4 and DA+2% or 3%, with Haste from Voidwatch Atmacites such as Latitude or Valiant.

Ganesha's Mala, while killing Hahava is easy as hell, have fun with the low drop rate. Porthos Byrnie drops from Bismarck, and he's not very hard to kill, just takes a long time. you could also use Enif Corazza if you need the ACC.

Have fun parsing 50% ACC.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2012-12-06 16:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Quetzacoatl said: »

Ganesha's Mala, while killing Hahava is easy as hell, have fun with the low drop rate. Porthos Byrnie drops from Bismarck, and he's not very hard to kill, just takes a long time. you could also use Enif Corazza if you need the ACC.

Have fun parsing 50% ACC.
In that case he probably should go with the Enif I guess <_<;

Not sure which other pieces he should be using outside of VW though, especially since that guy doesn't have Phorcys and of course no Ragnarok.
 Asura.Loneshadow
Server: Asura
By Asura.Loneshadow 2012-12-06 16:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What I'm using for VW, Adaberk isn't happening.

Atmacite: Lat/Disc/DD
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-12-06 18:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loneshadow said: »
What I'm using for VW, Adaberk isn't happening.

Atmacite: Lat/Disc/DD
wtf no o.O

atmas: always coercion/valiant + lat or dis depending on situation

if youre not using valiant idk wtf youre doin in 17% gear haste with only 3 haste from atmacites

drop the ogiers hands and the neck, get ganesha's and bale +2 hands if you dont atleast have phorcys hands for that set... id get it a bit more with a relic but youre going to be short on acc on anything over a T3 vw, hell just put on bale +2 hands and atleast put on coercion...

edit: for the record i know the value of regain and the oat are at odds, but the 10acc from coercion is reason enough to hold onto it, especially with that body, but either way valiant should never come off drk, latitutde + valiant would put that set at 25% haste
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16