2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Quetzalcoatl » [Quetzalcoatl] Reborn LS
[Quetzalcoatl] Reborn LS
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Elazar1 2013-11-10 20:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry but if was rank 1 or 2 ls on ah.com id want the best I can get to. No way to improve if cant handle the truth. Take it on the chin an listen to there advise.
 Bahamut.Cdubs
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Cdublov
By Bahamut.Cdubs 2013-11-10 21:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just looking at the 30 bumps in a row, might need a new strategy.
[+]
By NemesisX101 2013-11-10 22:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I think your major recruiting problem is the way that those that don't cut it get blasted. Maybe if the blast was private so potential applicants didn't see it i would help you guys you definitely know your stuff but its kind of intimidating to the players trying to get better.
By Kyler 2013-11-10 23:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Public blasting? Last I checked you actually have to go to our personal guildwork site to view that? The site that is used amongst LS members to view potential applicants, as well as schedule/agenda loot distribution etc... Private rejection is weird. Generally throughout a trial it is pretty obvious why some people don't make the cut.

My personal experience:

I am someone who does a lot of things and a lot of things well. In fact, I am stubborn so if I can't do something well sometimes I will just refuse to do it all together. In game this means I don't state I have jobs leveled/geared/know how to play them unless I can perform with the top 10% of players (usually better).

I have gone through many linkshells over the years (Having played since NA release with a one year break in 2007-2008) and I have learned something from all of them. However over the years of following, co-leading, leading and more following it became clear that not all people perform at the same level, and not all people even wish to perform at the same level. This has become more and more obvious over the recent years as content difficulty and general length to completion has diminished. Finding a group that performs at the level that suits you is how you succeed and have fun at this game.

That being said, I found myself in a lot of shells where I was putting forth much, much more effort than my ls mates and receiving the same, or even less rewards on many occasions. I did this for years until eventually I could not stand the dead weight of ls mates and as many of the current "top tier" players did resorted to dual boxing and doing everything in much smaller groups.

When I felt that I had achieved some of the things I felt I deserved and frankly earned, I sought out a linkshell again just as things were turning away from the pickup game and events like legion necessitated more organization and better overall players.

Enter Reborn. Over the few years I had know of them I had heard plenty of their reputation, not just as excellent players but also loot ***/extremely selfish/give everything to coder etc etc. I heard it all and from multiple sources. As anyone would be I was somewhat hesitant to join having heard all these things but seeing as I was running into the limits of what I could do by myself or with small groups(and also wanting to be challenged to be better by harder content and more capable players) I apped.

Being a quetz native since day one, I obviously knew a few members in the ls already who helped me sharpen up my sets and lead me to the guildwork page yada yada fine print.

Ely sent me a tell which some would find maybe rude or offensive but as I saw as a hilarious challenge. "You can have a pearl if you get here in 1 minute." I later learned this is all part of Ely's humor which apparently goes over many peoples heads (as it probably should) Needless to say I popped up and sent him the trade offer in something like 40 seconds leading to me being pearled. (Not that I wouldn't have if it had taken me 10 minutes)

Reborn is not for everyone. We perform at the highest level and wish to continue to with a diminishing player base. Even if content is easy compared to the past, does not mean it can not be done better and more efficiently meaning more rewards for everyone. On that topic, the reward distribution is the most fair I have ever experienced including some of my own systems I tried to develop leading sky/sea/ein shells for a while. You will find that you will have everything you need to play the jobs you want very quickly and then some. Back on topic, it is not as if you are expected to be #1 material immediately. How could you be not having experienced play at this level. That being said, the learning curve is steep and if you aren't willing/capable of climbing the hill we aren't getting behind you and pushing you to the top.

However should you make the cut, being in Reborn is fun. It's not all business and it's not as if FFXI is extremely hard to begin with. It requires attention to direction, situational tweaks to be better or the best in a few predictable situations. When the machine is running and everyone is doing what they are expected to do, we are 9-18 goofballs shooting off inappropriate jokes about things that should not be mentioned in public and yada yada.

Reborn is a family. Do you want some half *** two timing slobs in your family? I don't, and ***'s not hard I mean for cereal. It's a great group of guys and not that hard to get along with.

Fin

Edit:

hashtags#
#dontgetpissedifyousuck
#ifyoucantbackyourtruckupshutyourmouth
#suckstosuck
#tryingishard
#keeptrying...ordont
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Scwall
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Scwall 2013-11-10 23:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

#EaseUpOnTheStraw
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox
By Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox 2013-11-11 00:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

#RichieIncognito
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2013-11-11 01:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

they're not even that harsh, they've pearled most of their denied but it just looks like they don't pass the trial. they're at least giving people a chance who seem to be taking steps in the right direction but aren't quite there yet. the applicants should probably know better than to need major hand holding when applying to an LS thats probably been capped on endgame content for a while now, when they could probably just dualbox characters and play better.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx 2013-11-11 02:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cdubs said: »
Is your server dead? Or have you just pissed off everyone there?
Read some apps and you are pretty harsh on people, for a server that is dead. GL making people server transfer and not giving them a shot to get better D:
you must be really bored...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Cdubs
Server: Bahamut
user: Cdublov
By Bahamut.Cdubs 2013-11-11 12:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx said: »
Is your server dead? Or have you just pissed off everyone there?
Read some apps and you are pretty harsh on people, for a server that is dead. GL making people server transfer and not giving them a shot to get better D:
you must be really bored...

and drunk... usually the only time I post on the forums D:

Plus the thread is getting attention so that is good, right?
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-11-11 12:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't even know active linkshells still exist today lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2013-11-13 20:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Elysien said: »
Still looking for a few more solid players. Don't be afraid to apply. If you show intelligence, dedication, and a good personality you'll likely be pearled.

http://www.rbn.guildwork.com
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2013-11-16 19:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Still looking for a few more solid players. Don't be afraid to apply. If you show intelligence, dedication, and a good personality you'll likely be pearled.

Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2013-11-18 20:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2013-11-20 19:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2013-12-01 21:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kese
Server: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2013-12-02 03:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

k
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2013-12-04 18:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kese said: »

k
k
 Quetzalcoatl.Coder
user: coder
By Quetzalcoatl.Coder 2013-12-06 20:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kese said: »

k
k
k
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2013-12-12 16:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Deeezy
user: deezymmo
By Quetzalcoatl.Deeezy 2013-12-23 06:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Codurrrr
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2013-12-23 21:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2013-12-31 18:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2014-01-05 22:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

By Kyler 2014-01-05 22:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Serious. The bizness
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2014-01-13 22:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Recruitment is currently closed.