By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-10-19 02:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Asura.Aikchan said: »
Odin.Lehmie said: »
I think no zone is "best"
Dyna Bubu .. Sucks on DC's
Solo yes. 2 DD, it owns.
No, it sucks, you spend way too much time running around.

on that note, I pull about 1500 average, if I have no competition.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-10-20 14:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Vaglabond said: »
300 is possible, but I'd put 10/1 on someone pulling 300 3/5 runs without clipping or ja mods.

Pretty much this. Pulling 300 is def possible but averaging 300 solo isnt.

I get close to 300 a lot as dnc/thf with no empy when i have little(1-2 ppl) to no competition on ep's. Although i lack the help needed to get empy weapon, I have great gear sets for the job so my kill speed is good on dc's or ep's.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-10-21 00:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

On Final Fantasy XI forums, "average" means "max".
[+]
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-10-21 12:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill stick to the literal meaning of the word. Math is a pretty useful tool & words associated with it dont need altering simply because some people dont understand what it truly is.
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-21 17:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Started with crap gear/wpns avg 130

few months later

almost best gear/mandau99 avg 300.
I'm not doing dyna daily anymore but when i need easy 2mil I CAN do 300

So the troll goes from saying he averages 300 to saying he "CAN" get 300.

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
On Final Fantasy XI forums, "average" means "max".
QFT!!
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-21 17:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For those of you that farm decent challenge mobs in dynamis I got a question(s) for ya.

Do you...
1) just auto attack while you're trying to proc even over 100tp?
2) still WS even when it's not proc'd?
3) ever kill unproc'd DC's? (intentionally)
By geigei 2012-10-21 17:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I can and i will, better? 326 max all singles, only a few times under 300 for many runs, but you can keep quoting and think you're smart when you actually pay 15bucks more to do what i do.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-10-21 17:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna be like you when I grow up.
By geigei 2012-10-21 17:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said: »
I wanna be like you when I grow up.

Eat your vegetable then
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-10-21 17:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just the one?
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-21 22:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

LMAO!
Yeah I pay 15 bucks a month to farm dynamis.... this guy is a genius.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-10-22 01:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I can and i will, better? 326 max all singles, only a few times under 300 for many runs, but you can keep quoting and think you're smart when you actually pay 15bucks more to do what i do.
uhawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwokwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
 Carbuncle.Vaglabond
user: vaglabond
By Carbuncle.Vaglabond 2012-10-22 07:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty easy to call *** when there is at most a 26 coin disparity between your average and max take.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-22 08:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aikchan said: »
Odin.Lehmie said: »
I think no zone is "best"
Dyna Bubu .. Sucks on DC's
Solo yes. 2 DD, it owns.
No, it sucks, you spend way too much time running around.

on that note, I pull about 1500 average, if I have no competition.
Crawler, mandragora, and dhalmel are all close. DO easy prey dhalmel. You don't have to run far, just be ready to acid bolt the dumb crawlers defense boosts.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-10-22 11:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything that forces you to EP mobs isnt farming DC. And there is no DC farming pattern that will not force you to spend an extra 15 minutes (to and fro) running to new camps. I dunno about your server, but bubu seems to be the bst hotspot on mine.

SE did a very bad job with this area, when compared to Qufim or Valkurm. Valkurm could have aligned mobs better, but atleast they still cut the map in half and said "EP on this side, DC on this side", same with qufim, whereas for bubu they made it like a target board, "EP in the middle 3 rings, DC in the outer 2 rings".
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-22 11:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything that forces you to EP mobs isnt farming DC. And there is no DC farming pattern that will not force you to spend an extra 15 minutes (to and fro) running to new camps. I dunno about your server, but bubu seems to be the bst hotspot on mine.

SE did a very bad job with this area, when compared to Qufim or Valkurm. Valkurm could have aligned mobs better, but atleast they still cut the map in half and said "EP on this side, DC on this side", same with qufim, whereas for bubu they made it like a target board, "EP in the middle 3 rings, DC in the outer 2 rings".
Honestly, T shells suck on price. Better off sitting at mandragora and crawlers. Qufim get's screwed if even 1 person is at your decent challenge, same with dunes from my experience. Atleast with bubu, you can have competition and still be uninterrupted. There's alot of crawler/mandies.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-10-22 13:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Atleast with bubu, you can have competition and still be uninterrupted. There's alot of crawler/mandies.
There are a decent amount of crawlers, but more than one person as competition can ruin the window. Mandies are a bit more forgiving as long as you aren't being camped on (I think it can support three camps).
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-10-22 13:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention the shitty spread of the 20 min time extension with those stupid DC orcs being on the opposite side of the map compared to the other DC beastmen. It can really suck for anyone solo that's non-BST. I've found it in the DC turtles before, someone killing it. So I had to wait. I couldn't find it on the east side so I ran all the way across the map to the DC orcs and by the time I got there there was a BST killing. It didn't repop there so I had to run ALL THE WAY back across the map. Needless to say, that was a shitty run.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-10-22 13:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »

Not to mention the shitty spread of the 20 min time extension with those stupid DC orcs being on the opposite side of the map compared to the other DC beastmen. It can really suck for anyone solo that's non-BST. I've found it in the DC turtles before, someone killing it. So I had to wait. I couldn't find in on the east side so I ran all the way across the map to the DC orcs and by the time I got there there was a BST killing. It didn't repop there so I had to run ALL THE WAY back across the map. Needless to say, that was a shitty run.

That does suck, but you should try asking to team up. Unless they are greedy and/or mean *** BSTs, they are usuall more than happy to team up. I BST a lot in Dyna and I would never turn down someone asking me to team up. Makes it faster for everyone involved.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-22 13:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »

Not to mention the shitty spread of the 20 min time extension with those stupid DC orcs being on the opposite side of the map compared to the other DC beastmen. It can really suck for anyone solo that's non-BST. I've found it in the DC turtles before, someone killing it. So I had to wait. I couldn't find it on the east side so I ran all the way across the map to the DC orcs and by the time I got there there was a BST killing. It didn't repop there so I had to run ALL THE WAY back across the map. Needless to say, that was a shitty run.
Shitty run doesn't make a shitty zone lol. My main issue is qufim. If anyone is at your damn camp, you're screwed lol. I try to do DC snoll, theres a damn thf/dnc cleaning house. I try to do tiger next cycle, theres a cor and 99 empy mnk there daily. I try to do raptor, another group there. Kraken in qufim are the only thing ever truly free for DC, and sometimes I still see people there lol. Buburumu is nice in the sense that no one likes to camp those mobs(on my server atleast). PS....if you're doing crawler on thf, acid bolts are your friend. Tried going dnc/thf because it just kills alot faster, and noticed that the crawlers took along time to kill when I didn't proc it within 5 JA.
Edit. Also it's very rare to find someone willing to team up on TE lol. I feel your pain.
 Fenrir.Mewgoat
Server: Fenrir
user: mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2012-10-22 13:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i just wanted to say, i took drg/dnc in today, didn't get much currency (~86) but all the camps were full. TBH, i actually had fun doing it on drg
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-22 13:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mewgoat said: »
i just wanted to say, i took drg/dnc in today, didn't get much currency (~86) but all the camps were full. TBH, i actually had fun doing it on drg
My cousin destroys decent challenge monsters with drg. OA2 polearm, a 5 hit and drg/dnc can proc fast and dish out nice numbers.
 Fenrir.Mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2012-10-22 13:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

was different not having treasure hunter, but im sure it woulda been better had there not been ~30 in zone
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-22 13:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

was different not having treasure hunter, but im sure it woulda been better had there not been ~30 in zone
Try this then. Drg/thf with quint spear. I did that for a bit on my sam/thf and it worked kinda well when I didn't want to be bugged. Stardiver's damage isn't effected all that much by the base damage of quint. Still break 2-3k easily with quint. Just make sure you have a good breath set to cure yourself lol.
 Fenrir.Mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2012-10-22 14:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

alright, thought of it but i thought might not get procs as easy, i was pretty much proc'ing everything past 50% health unless i got proc right away
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-22 14:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

alright, thought of it but i thought might not get procs as easy, i was pretty much proc'ing everything past 50% health unless i got proc right away
It's decent. I can see 200 drg/thf quint if ya good enough ^^
 Fenrir.Mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2012-10-22 14:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe if i go out when its empty for a change lol, ill try and post my results
 Carbuncle.Vaglabond
user: vaglabond
By Carbuncle.Vaglabond 2012-10-22 21:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I don't mind going in when there's a few people in the zone, which is probably why I go around JP mid. I'm pretty quick to pull a yellow mob though. Mainly from people that:

1. Hold multiples on a cramped area.
2. Engage my links / adds
3. Duo EP

Earlier today a Bst tried to grab my TE.. I switch back and forth on mobs constantly in dynamis, and was doing the same on an unfortunate link. After reclaiming my TE, I found him a few mins later and stole the TE he pulled after his pet claimed another mob. I then proceeded to kill a couple of his proct mobs randomly throughout the run.. Makes it more entertaining IMO. Nothing like skill-chaining darkness off some BST that can't keep claim on his mob after hitting it with Ruinator.

I had another instance where a couple JP players kept trying to pull every mob around me at the krakens in Qufim. I ran down to the NM, aggroed it and let the RDM dia it.. Took them at least 5 mins to kill. Then they threatened to GM me. Was absolutely priceless. Can't get fun stuff like that in a vacant area.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-10-22 22:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Jusr incase anyone was unsure of the definition of a troll, lol.
(Not taking sides, just sayin)
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-22 22:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That's funny stuff lol. If you do dynamis on bst, expect to be trolled...just saying lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14