Solo Dynamis Farming
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14
 Odin.Lehmie
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Lehmie
By Odin.Lehmie 2012-10-17 08:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Dyna Jeuno: 2 Members (1Thf+Rdm & 1Nin+Whm) 90% of runs 300-400 Coins(includ 100) and other 10% between 500-800
Dyna Valkrum: 1 Member (Nin+Thf) 80% of runs 260-320 coins and other runs bit lower or bit higher
Dyna Valkrum 2 Members (Drk+Whm & Thf+Brd) 100% of runs 450-550 coins

We test pretty much combos/subjobs/jobs & zones. Every Zone got few nice place's. I think no zone is "best", make /sea "area" to look many people inside or not.
And the best is u make Team-Up with a friend, so u save time by TE and got most time more coins are u soloing.

PS: when u want to make money do VW-Jeuno-T1(Cherufe) with few friends(4-6 people's).U can do 8-12 per hour (round 200k cruor/hour) and got near anytime a Tyrants Ring. So 400k Cour / 1M gil + 50k low drops and Ring 1M

Gl with Dyna (^^*)
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-17 08:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

sprinkles84 said: »
Sylph.Peldin said: »
Quote:
That is a two shot. Not a one shot. 3 if you want to include the SC , just saiyan.
Well if we're being picky... it's "saying" lol =D

Quote:
Average 600? ***. Even accounting the occasional 100, that's still ***. We are lucky to break 500 in Bastok spamming the three NMs and every mob between, with one person constantly pulling so we're always killing and skillchaining, THF and DNC... I just can't believe you average that many solo. Really calling *** on that.
Yeah. Actually if I ran with Geigei we would average 800 each. You think that's ***!?! You're crazy! We have secrets that nobody knows about! Oh you wanna know my gear? Pfft get real. Gear is for noobs

Are you sure about that??

Quote:
New record for me today. 311 total coins in Dyna Valkurm. =) =)
BLU/DNC boxing a BRD/WHM.
Finally made it to the 300+ club =D
Targets were decent challenge: Funguar -> Sheep -> Treants

Funniest looking 600-800 ive ever heard of!
Yeah dude, I can only do 300ish as BLU. But this is the THF forum. I do 600 average BRAH! Don't believe me? Here's my proof for all you doubters:
 Shiva.Denore
Server: Shiva
user: Denore
By Shiva.Denore 2012-10-17 08:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
ill buy people soloing 250, hell if your server is that dead sure 300 maybe if youve done dyna long enough to memorize the repop spawns, but servers like mine theres always competition in every camp, and duo i average my 350 (i keep all the coins no split), theres no chance in hell to pull those numbers, unless you start pulling 3rd party apps.

cg if you can solo 300, but keep it to yourself if youre not going to say what puts you ahead, it only makes you look bad, not hating just suggesting to save your reputation

Keep in mind that when you solo, competition matters slightly less. When I duo with my SAM partner, we need 0 competition to pull off an optimal run, since things die so fast and drops are split. When you are solo, every coin that drops is yours, and there just needs to be one free mob at any given time to keep you going.

The top tier THFs in my LS can and do solo around 300 on DCs. My personal record is slightly under 300 (290 + 25ish lolforgottens), but keep in mind I play on XBox and rock a Twash99, no Mandau.
By Aeyela 2012-10-17 09:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
For those of you who still don't get it, I'm making fun of the guy who claims he does 300 solo average on EP mobs as THF/DNC yet refuses to even show gear sets.

The quality of discussion on this forum has been so utterly abysmal recently that I skim threads at the very best... yours stood out, and it's obvious why now.
[+]
By geigei 2012-10-17 09:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You can make fun over internet all you want, you're still weak and pathetic duoing 300.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-10-17 09:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Denore said: »
ill buy people soloing 250, hell if your server is that dead sure 300 maybe if youve done dyna long enough to memorize the repop spawns, but servers like mine theres always competition in every camp, and duo i average my 350 (i keep all the coins no split), theres no chance in hell to pull those numbers, unless you start pulling 3rd party apps. cg if you can solo 300, but keep it to yourself if youre not going to say what puts you ahead, it only makes you look bad, not hating just suggesting to save your reputation
Keep in mind that when you solo, competition matters slightly less. When I duo with my SAM partner, we need 0 competition to pull off an optimal run, since things die so fast and drops are split. When you are solo, every coin that drops is yours, and there just needs to be one free mob at any given time to keep you going. The top tier THFs in my LS can and do solo around 300 on DCs. My personal record is slightly under 300 (290 + 25ish lolforgottens), but keep in mind I play on XBox and rock a Twash99, no Mandau.
Not being facetious the least define top tier please.
 Shiva.Denore
Server: Shiva
user: Denore
By Shiva.Denore 2012-10-17 10:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
ill buy people soloing 250, hell if your server is that dead sure 300 maybe if youve done dyna long enough to memorize the repop spawns, but servers like mine theres always competition in every camp, and duo i average my 350 (i keep all the coins no split), theres no chance in hell to pull those numbers, unless you start pulling 3rd party apps. cg if you can solo 300, but keep it to yourself if youre not going to say what puts you ahead, it only makes you look bad, not hating just suggesting to save your reputation
Keep in mind that when you solo, competition matters slightly less. When I duo with my SAM partner, we need 0 competition to pull off an optimal run, since things die so fast and drops are split. When you are solo, every coin that drops is yours, and there just needs to be one free mob at any given time to keep you going. The top tier THFs in my LS can and do solo around 300 on DCs. My personal record is slightly under 300 (290 + 25ish lolforgottens), but keep in mind I play on XBox and rock a Twash99, no Mandau.

Mandau or Twash 99 + skill on the job pretty much - not gonna go into TP/WS/PDT/Regen sets, seems unnecessary? (Not being sarcastic either - the info is out there!)

Edit : That being said, I think you could still do really well using Exen if no Mandy or Twash!
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-10-17 11:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Mandau or Twash 99 + skill on the job pretty much - not gonna go into TP/WS/PDT/Regen sets, seems unnecessary? (Not being sarcastic either - the info is out there!) Edit : That being said, I think you could still do really well using Exen if no Mandy or Twash!
well regardless of who calls BS im noone to say otherwise I salute anyone pulling that kinda currency in cause i damn sure can't
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2012-10-17 11:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lehmie said: »
I think no zone is "best"
Dyna Bubu .. Sucks on DC's
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-17 11:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aikchan said: »
Odin.Lehmie said: »
I think no zone is "best"
Dyna Bubu .. Sucks on DC's
Solo yes. 2 DD, it owns.
 Bismarck.Samusaki
Server: Bismarck
user: Samusaki
By Bismarck.Samusaki 2012-10-17 11:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny to see this thread get derailed and become a brag fest on who can get more coins. The OP said "average thief gear, no empy/relic". It was simply answered by the 2nd post.

And imo "average thief gear, no empy/relic" blow for farming dyna. Thf would be too squishy and not enough dmg.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-10-17 16:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Samusaki said: »
It's funny to see this thread get derailed and become a brag fest on who can get more coins.
I wouldn't really say it's a brag fest. When dyna noobs come here and call bs on all the folks who actually pull good totals, it *** over all the aspiring THF who wish to perform well in Dynamis-- they will settle for less and assume that their shitty totals are due to the game, not unachieved improvements to their play.
[+]
By orgen 2012-10-17 17:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I stay away from bubu, simply for the fact that it gets over ran by noobs on a daily basis. If I do bubu, and I see the regular farmers which is a very few, I'll stay away from them, as they stay away from me on the other hand if you're a noob, and I see that you have a handful of mobs I'm gonna steal each, and everyone I can. The GMs won't do ***. Some ppl make think it's a *** move, but I don't. Think of me what you will, but I know others that will do the same thing.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-10-17 17:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

my bst (i know its a thf thread but on current topic)
tp
ws
i consider my bst the lower end of hq due to i main hand the nq axe from morta and offhand the regain axe (glyph axe)

my wife's basic dyna sets
tp
ws (exen)

change around hands belt etc for evisceration if you plan to sc, but we basicly solo our own with her randomly hitting mine for extra th

extra note, ive ran our characters seperate and totaled 200+ on each, but dyna is something we do together for fun, so i dont QQ over what other people do lol

extra extra note, my bst i plan to get the double attack axe for main hand and still debating pdt or str axes for offhand (for anyone curious) well be making her mandau after i finish my apoc

edit: props to the thf threads here for the info for her thf builds, and my bst has pdt and mdt sets since qufim's weapons like to drop T3-4 nukes
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2012-10-17 18:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

JA proc rate: 20%

Thus, average number of JAs per proc: 5 (actually, 5.26 if using /dnc JAs, since they can miss)

Time to kill mob: Varies based on mob, level (EP or DC), buffs (solo or having mage or brd assist), and how many DDs. 25-45 seconds should cover the vast majority of the probable range of kill times.

If solo, JA cycle will be: Violent+Step, Step, Violent over ~20 seconds. Every 3 minutes you also get Bully.

Should average a 57% proc rate (including accuracy, but excluding Bully) if you don't hold a mob for a third JA pair attempt (ie: kill ASAP after the 20 second mark, regardless of proc).

If you hold for a third pair of proc attempts (pushing total time out to 40 seconds with Violent Flourish and 6 JA attempts, or 35 seconds if only holding for Box Step), average proc rate should be 65% to 72%.

If you hold for a fourth pair of proc attempts (pushing total time out to 60 seconds with Violent Flourish and 8 JA attempts, or 50 seconds if only holding for Box Step), average proc rate should be 77% to 81%.

If you scale it per second time

@4: 2.85%/second
@5: 1.86%/second
@6: 1.80%/second
@7: 1.62%/second
@8: 1.28%/second

With 4 proc attempts, you get 1.80%-1.86% per second at the ~31 second mark, so once you go past 30 seconds you might as well hold for proc attempts 5 and 6.

With 6 proc attempts, you get 1.62% per second at the 45 second mark, so once you cross 45 seconds you might as well hold for the extra Step.

Average coins dropped per proc'd EP mob is approximately 2.5. Average coins dropped per proc'd DC mob is approximately 3.0 (with maybe an extra 0.2 for forgottens). Will work numbers based on EPs for now.

Unfortunately I don't have drop rate on unproc'd mobs. I'm going to assume 0.5, with an arbitrary 50% chance at a single coin drop, though personally I feel like it's less than that.

For a given proc rate, your average coin return will be the weighted average between proc'd and unproc'd mobs.

@4 / 57%: 1.64
@5 / 65%: 1.80
@6 / 72%: 1.94
@7 / 77%: 2.04
@8 / 81%: 2.12

So now we want to convert that to coins per second based on the time to complete a given number of procs:

@4 (20s) / 57%: 1.64 => 0.082 (hits 0.051 at 32 seconds)
@5 (35s) / 65%: 1.80 => 0.051 (hits 0.049 at 37 seconds)
@6 (40s) / 72%: 1.94 => 0.049 (hits 0.041 at 47 seconds)
@7 (50s) / 77%: 2.04 => 0.041 (hits 0.035 at 58 seconds)
@8 (60s) / 81%: 2.12 => 0.035

The most idealized case of total coin return for the above (ignoring time between mobs, and assuming 100 minutes post-TE):

@4: 492
@5: 306
@6: 294
@7: 246
@8: 210

Long delays are:

20 seconds to 32 seconds after 4 JAs. After 32 seconds, might as well do 5th, and probably 6th JA attempt.
40 seconds to 47 seconds after 6 JAs. After 47 seconds, might as well do 7th JA attempt.
50 seconds to 58 seconds after 7 JAs. After 58 seconds, might as well do 8th JA attempt.

Repeating the above calculations, but assuming average non-proc'd coin drop rate to be 0.25:

For a given proc rate, your average coin return will be the weighted average between proc'd and unproc'd mobs.

@4 / 57%: 1.533
@5 / 65%: 1.713
@6 / 72%: 1.870
@7 / 77%: 1.983
@8 / 81%: 2.073

So now we want to convert that to coins per second based on the time to complete a given number of procs:

@4 (20s) / 57%: 1.533 => 0.077 (hits 0.049 at 31 seconds)
@5 (35s) / 65%: 1.713 => 0.049 (hits 0.047 at 36 seconds)
@6 (40s) / 72%: 1.870 => 0.047 (hits 0.040 at 47 seconds)
@7 (50s) / 77%: 1.983 => 0.040 (hits 0.035 at 57 seconds)
@8 (60s) / 81%: 2.073 => 0.035

The most idealized case of total coin return for the above (ignoring time between mobs, and assuming 100 minutes post-TE):

@4: 462
@5: 294
@6: 282
@7: 240
@8: 210

By this measure, hitting 300 coins per run seems theoretically possible, but extremely difficult (not counting 100's, of course). The primary issue is the time gaps between mob groups, which will eat up several minutes per run. The second issue is keeping a constant stream of mobs to fight within any single group. Every 20 seconds spent running around or pulling or reorienting yourself when the mobs spin around you is another coin lost, and 20 seconds is a surprisingly short time.

The other issue is, of course, actually doing enough damage to kill the mob within the stated time. EPs have approximately 5000-6000 HP each, depending on mob type. Figure 20 TP lost from two steps, but a starting ~10 TP from the previous weaponskill, you need to gain 110 TP to have enough to weaponskill. At 4.7 TP per hit, that's 24 hits (maybe 23 if the mob hits you a couple times). 2.86 hits per round (no Thaumas) means ~8.4 rounds. 3.0 hits per round (Thaumas) means 8 rounds.

At around 156 delay per round (assuming Oynos haste is on almost all the time), that's 21-22 seconds. (However you also need to add in the JA delays of proc attempts, so figure another 8 seconds on top of that.) Overall melee damage should be in the vicinity of 2500 (higher for piercing weak mobs). If the mob is proc'd, you can SA+WS half the time to finish it. If the mob is not proc'd, but Bully'd, you can also SA+WS. The rest of the time you need to use an unstacked weaponskill, which will not do nearly as well, and probably leave you with another ~10 seconds of melee time to finish the kill.

And of course all that doesn't factor in slowing down your TP gain to heal yourself when damaged, or time when Oynos haste is down. Overall, looks like 30-40 seconds to kill a mob.

The degree to which you can maintain this pace depends on the camp, but in general I expect you'll need to run to the next pull every 3 mobs or so. If you need to ranged pull it, that also adds extra time for pathing and stuff. Rounding things a bit, if you say 10 seconds lost every 3rd mob (no loss from competition or waiting on repops, but also stuffing a little to balance Curing Waltz), and that you get 7 game hours of JA proc time before moving to the next mob group, there's the potential for about 26-27 mob kills per JA period.

Using 5 JA periods (the remaining period dedicated to TE gathering), that's the potential for 130-135 mobs killed per Dyna run. Allowing for 5 JA proc attempts (average of ~35 seconds per fight) puts things at 1.71 to 1.84 coins per mob, which gives a range of around 220 to 240 coins per run.

There's lots of leeway for variance in the different numbers used, but I can't see a solo thf averaging higher than about 250 coins per run, though you can add a bit more if your TE time is extremely short. Of course many people say "solo" when they actually mean "dual-box", so there's plenty of claims for higher values than that. Likewise, getting the entire zone to yourself for two full hours is also quite unlikely, so real returns will generally be less than that.

However, as a general, non-specific idealized target, an average of 250 coins seems like a comfortable number.
[+]
 Bismarck.Samusaki
By Bismarck.Samusaki 2012-10-17 18:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The poor totals would be based on the poor gear. So it makes absolute sense to not believe people that are claiming higher number. The op never asked "What numbers should I shoot for with great gear" They asked for a number based on average gear and no relic/empy weapon.

So judging from the op's equipment history list, we can see that they have a twilight knife, thf knife and full thf af3+2. No signs of their relic gloves being upgraded to +2. With that gear it would not be out of line to tell them that they would pull in 150-200 per run.

Congrats that you have great gear and a Mandau. Seeing what you have I can certainly believe that you can pull in good numbers. But don't lead entry level thieves to believe they can reach those totals with poor gear.

I pull in decent numbers going Ochain/Almace pld/dnc, but that would be another topic.

btw your use of curse words in your reply to me makes your response even more classy.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-10-17 20:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The poor totals would be based on the poor gear. So it makes absolute sense to not believe people that are claiming higher number. The op never asked "What numbers should I shoot for with great gear" They asked for a number based on average gear and no relic/empy weapon.

So judging from the op's equipment history list, we can see that they have a twilight knife, thf knife and full thf af3+2. No signs of their relic gloves being upgraded to +2. With that gear it would not be out of line to tell them that they would pull in 150-200 per run.

Congrats that you have great gear and a Mandau. Seeing what you have I can certainly believe that you can pull in good numbers. But don't lead entry level thieves to believe they can reach those totals with poor gear.

I pull in decent numbers going Ochain/Almace pld/dnc, but that would be another topic.

btw your use of curse words in your reply to me makes your response even more classy.
Most of the criticism you're applying to me here is stuff that other folks wrote which you assumed I agree with. To be clear, I would never tell a new THF that they can expect high totals. In fact, I agree with your statement that THF tends to be bad in Dyna until their gear is good (BST is much more forgiving in this regard).

My most recent comment was directed at the people who have a knee-jerk reaction of denial towards high number claims. The best way to get someone to not give you helpful tips about how to perform better in Dynamis is to accuse them of being a liar. You can read all of the Dyna posts and you'll see the pattern repeated over and over again. I find it frustrating. If you want to be better, calling people liars isn't a good way to get helpful advice from them. I'm extremely skeptical about most things in life but part of being skeptical is acknowledging that something may be true, not just that it may be false.

One thing that I think anyone who's done a lot of Dynamis has experienced is that the totals gradually go up, often mysteriously. It's not a process that I can easily describe. Minor changes in tactics, minor changes in play style, player skill, player gear, etc. are all going to help, but how much? I started keeping track of whenever my Dyna partner and I broke records, starting around February (I think I got my Mandau shortly thereafter) and, to give you an idea of the gradual progression, here are my records of whenever we broke or came close to a new record (to whatever extent they apply to a purely solo THF):

483,48 - Around February
4/15/12: 500,41
6/7/12: 535,47
6/21/12: 550,55 - Changed to cactus/manticore/flytrap as our primary mobs
7/25/12: 593,53 - Started using 2box WHM around here
9/27/12: 598,42
10/5/12: 626,53 - Switched back to the main loop, always split up for dual-solo, mule sj changed to /SCH

When we first started last year, we got less than 200 total. Then 240. Then 300. Eventually, 400 felt like weaksauce. You can see how it played out from there above. So it takes time and practice, but they go up as you improve across all parameters. I'm sure better players than me will improve significantly faster but, again, I provide this info to let newer THF in Dynamis know that, with time and experience, your currency will increase.

The last two times I went with my WHM/BST mule on Dyna DC, I got 330 and 315. Higher proc efficiency thanks to /BST and lack of needing to heal or ever swap Oynos makes a big difference. It would be difficult for a truly solo THF to average that, but like I said, I'm skeptical so I'll maintain that it's possible in some nook of Dyna-land that I'm unaware of (all seem to have their own strengths & weaknesses).

And like Mot said, it's likely that any absurdly high averages you hear about are using a mule that isn't reported or they're using flee hacks. I don't use said hacks but blazing across the zones for fast TE and camp transitions is a massive advantage. So I generally assume that anyone who isn't fully candid about their tactics is likely using them, not that I really care, but it's an important caveat. If I suck, I definitely want to know about it, but if I'm not breaking records due to not using a 3rd party program, I'm happy to accept that.

Also, for some context that may clarify some of the posts that you seem to perceive as a derail, this is a five month old thread now and I doubt most of the readers who have monitored it all along re-read the entire thread every time it gets bumped by someone else on the same topic. I seriously doubt the OP is even still reading it (hello, if you are!). This is obviously the best thread for discussing THF in Dynamis on the THF forums-- it's not bound by the specific question of the OP. At least, that's not the style of the FFXIAH forums.
[+]
 Bismarck.Samusaki
By Bismarck.Samusaki 2012-10-17 22:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

@Suji Your most recent post will certainly help any potential thf looking for guidance and what to expect trying to solo dyna. I completely agree with your comment about "When we first started last year, we got less than 200 total. Then 240. Then 300. Eventually, 400 felt like weaksauce." Thank you for your insight. And nice job on the record keeping. When I was building my Aegis, I did it the old way, before neo-dyna. I was the record keeper for my ls for 4 years. I'm all about numbers. If I had a nickel for every new player that talks to me and thinks they can make a relic overnight....
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-10-18 11:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny to see this thread get derailed and become a brag fest on who can get more coins. The OP said "average thief gear, no empy/relic". It was simply answered by the 2nd post.

And imo "average thief gear, no empy/relic" blow for farming dyna. Thf would be too squishy and not enough dmg.

@Suji Your most recent post will certainly help any potential thf looking for guidance and what to expect trying to solo dyna. I completely agree with your comment about "When we first started last year, we got less than 200 total. Then 240. Then 300. Eventually, 400 felt like weaksauce." Thank you for your insight. And nice job on the record keeping. When I was building my Aegis, I did it the old way, before neo-dyna. I was the record keeper for my ls for 4 years. I'm all about numbers. If I had a nickel for every new player that talks to me and thinks they can make a relic overnight....

You say this thread has derailed into a brag fest, but within these three posts what on earth have you contributed? You say the OPs question was answered after the second post and now you're saying that Suji's posts are useful you cant have it both ways. Seeems like someone is just trying to get some attention. Dont tell others they are posting rubbish when you're doing the exact same thing. Not trying to argue but I dont understand where you're coming from this thread does have useful information, alot of good information is found in derailed threads.

Caitsith.Killoz said: »
Wow ppl, i rly dont care if u believe if some guy/girl gets 300 coins in a run, how about putting up some info on how to kill te's and the differences of farming different zones, ffs!!

And maybe if you asked a bit nicer without the ffs someone may help you on this too.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-18 12:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not so much about the whole 300 a run thing, it's the fact that the guy has hidden gear, and gives no insight, except, he MIGHT have a 99 mandau with best tp/ws sets, regen set, PDT, 99 mandau, 99 twash, and all he says is "i solo 300, you guys suck if you can't do it". And if anyone does easy preys, I feel that they are not having a normal average of 300 based on the fact that dynamis has competition all around. I can go all day on decent challenges, but the second I touch an easy prey, there's 1-3 people there killing every mob type, and that's every time of the day generally. Best time I have found to enter dynamis is around 1 cst pm, as it has little competition, and SOME easy prey cycles are open. It's just really frustrating is all... If the guy gave a reasonable explanation as to how he obtains 300, I and many others would probably agree with him, but that is not the case. Good insight Suji.
 Bismarck.Samusaki
By Bismarck.Samusaki 2012-10-18 13:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I was saying that Suji's recent post was useful because he was showing data to the progress he made while getting better at farming. He also made notes on when he changed his strategy and obtained Mandau. Instead of the typical "You can't get 300+ coins, you suck" that others have posted. Even though the op's question was answered in the 2nd post, Suji's recent post is a useful addition along with Motenten's data.

What I contributed? I researched the op gear history, posted what they had and stated with that gear equipped one should expect to only net 150-200 coins. Agreeing with the 2nd post. Instead of misleading the "average geared" thf into thinking they are going to hit high numbers. There's no way someone with that gear will net 300+ coins.

It all comes down to more dmg output, better defense and less competition.
[+]
 Phoenix.Valory
user: rori
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-10-18 13:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

<runs out to unlock Bst and get it to 10 on his mule>

Thanks for the tip!
By geigei 2012-10-18 14:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Being in EU zone i have 2 windows to enter in a 4 person dyna, i do not run around for mobs, i position myself in a small circle and i pull second mob before first dies (most of the time) allowing me to gain extra kills in the 2hr run. The 3 family i choose are close to eachother, sometime i have to go further if competion, flee help a lot.
You people keep asking for gear like there's some magic equip out there that make you drop 4 coins everytime or w/e but gear has diminishing return, you get to one point where you just can't get more coins, i was stuck to 220-240 using aluh/lux until mandau95 who bump me to steady 260 but i expected more from a relic. I gave up fighting lolbst's over camp and that helped my outcome a bit, instead of camping pop i will just flee to next camp and find most of the time open or slightly camped and in a few weeks i saw my avg just under 300, sometime 280, a few times 300. Mandau 99 gave that tiny boost allowing me to hit 300 everytime (unless death occur or for some reason 20 guys decide to enter together). Is not possible for me to break 300 on dc's, i agree they drop more and proc faster but after months of farming i learn killing speed is what makes me successful, i have 30%+ crit and 5regen all time on those ep...massive melee dmg and in 2hrs we're talking about lots of k's worth hp and i also waltz myself for 400. Another small gain i had was giving up on nm's, if that nm wont drop 1/4 i lose money so i just keep going on ep's. There's actually more, knowing when to ws, when to use which samba and yes knowing when to waltz yourself, all small thing that regular thf's are just to HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to learn, i see ppl fulltime drain samba all the time, i see thf's using boomerang and claiming is the real deal when in fact xbow with acid/sleep give way more benefits, i see many stupid behaviour in dynamis and yet "you" claim 300 is *** when the real *** is "you" sucking and dont want to admit it.

I'm not doing dyna daily anymore but when i need easy 2mil I CAN do 300 and if you dont believe i really dont care, doesnt change the fact that i know how to play thf in dynamis and you dont.

PS The "you" is for those being sarcastic smartass over internet.
 Sylph.Mesheef
user: Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-10-18 15:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

would anyone be kind enough to post their gearsets for dyna farming please?
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2012-10-18 16:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think gear is really much of a factor. It's all about competition and if u have a mule or not. Only a thf+mule farming DC is going to be able to pull in 300 possibly, and forget about EP... If Evan 1 person comes to your camp it's going to put a huge dent in what you pull in. Having great gear isn't going to make EP's pop faster. If u want 300 get a mule or a friend that don't want coins.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-18 22:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
I don't think gear is really much of a factor. It's all about competition and if u have a mule or not. Only a thf+mule farming DC is going to be able to pull in 300 possibly, and forget about EP... If Evan 1 person comes to your camp it's going to put a huge dent in what you pull in. Having great gear isn't going to make EP's pop faster. If u want 300 get a mule or a friend that don't want coins.

I think your devaluing gear. Sure, competition screws everyone over but that's even more reason to get the best gear you can. Killing faster means you can be ready to grab the next mob that pops or kill more mobs before they all get taken. Better gear means better dps which gives better potential. Sure, luck is factored in but competition doesn't mean a failed run and certainly doesn't mean you should accept subpar gearing because it will make a difference regardless of competition.
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-10-18 22:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear sets won't be any different than other situations really. An idle set with regen in between mobs and use Oynos. Beyond that if you're still looking for help with sets just afk farm it on bst. Everything's been posted and reposted in multiple topics and if you don't know what to use or can't obtain it then thf probably isn't your best job to take in.
 Carbuncle.Vaglabond
Server: Carbuncle
user: vaglabond
By Carbuncle.Vaglabond 2012-10-19 01:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I also swap hands for Thaumas since dps on ep usually isn't an issue. The main problem I find is holding 3 mobs at ~5% when none of them will proc.

Some obv. upgrades in there.. But actual sets I use. Even at JP midnight when a shitload of turds are skidding around I'm pulling ~220. 250 is in the high range for my solos. 180ish if a Bst starts pulling my links / adds and I take it upon myself to make it impossible for them to hold multiple mobs at a time.

Retired my racc/att set for the time being, although I occasionally rock an Octant w/ Acids. Kill speed on ep makes that setup overkill for mob life to proc ratio.

300 is possible, but I'd put 10/1 on someone pulling 300 3/5 runs without clipping or ja mods.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14