Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Solo Dynamis Farming
Solo Dynamis Farming
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2012-10-16 08:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Its worth a shot checking tav be4 entering other dreamlands, tav has a lot of currency potential if it is empty, a good duo can really get a ton of coins there (with the camps alone, i can easily get 200+ with rampage and good gear, offhand KC).

That being said, bst+thf isnt the best combo imo, i did the combo and didnt compare really to sam + thf or drk + thf, even pup + thf did more coins but if the duo isnt very solid with thf + heavy DD, BST fills that role since falcorr can do good dmg as well (and ruinator is really good).

Those soloing 250+ are just once in a blue moon, with empty camps, getting almost 2-4 every kill and proccing quite fast, i go all out on THF/DNC when i do dyna and the most i've done solo is 225 or 226, i cant recall exactly, was in bubu with light competition (another BST so no real competition since we didnt fight for mobs), the ppl averaging 250+ are in 3 words "full of ***".

That being said, post pics and ill just stand corrected.
By Chimerawizard 2012-10-16 08:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I've taken a friend's view on this for holding:
Only hold a mob to proc until the other mob you're engaged to is low on health.
Never slow DPS to proc (unless overcamped) and never slow proc's for DPS (if JA's aren't on wait timer, you're doing it wrong: I think that's fine til I have 3 mobs proc'd then I'm trying my best to kill them w/o worry about proc)
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-10-16 09:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Its worth a shot checking tav be4 entering other dreamlands, tav has a lot of currency potential if it is empty, a good duo can really get a ton of coins there (with the camps alone, i can easily get 200+ with rampage and good gear, offhand KC).

That being said, bst+thf isnt the best combo imo, i did the combo and didnt compare really to sam + thf or drk + thf, even pup + thf did more coins but if the duo isnt very solid with thf + heavy DD, BST fills that role since falcorr can do good dmg as well (and ruinator is really good).

Those soloing 250+ are just once in a blue moon, with empty camps, getting almost 2-4 every kill and proccing quite fast, i go all out on THF/DNC when i do dyna and the most i've done solo is 225 or 226, i cant recall exactly, was in bubu with light competition (another BST so no real competition since we didnt fight for mobs), the ppl averaging 250+ are in 3 words "full of ***".

That being said, post pics and ill just stand corrected.
all i read out of that was "why arent you going drk?" which is making me laugh with a very devious grin lol
i think ill try that today, scuse me while i break the game

on holding we have a bad habit of holding till it procs, if i go drk tho itll be like 1-2 proc rounds before it dies if i dont hold it <.<

i always liked bst after i solo'd my way to rag, having your pet as a saving grace is invaluable

btw my best solo was 190~ on bst in qufim
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-10-16 09:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
i dont doubt ppls numbers but im curious exactly how consistant the numbers are
I go DNC/THF and kill DC mobs in Bubu. I have been been having competition more often lately, so my overall average is around 280. It is very rare for me to drop below 260. There has to be so much competition I have to change camps to ws which hurts the overall total significantly.

My average for little to no competition is 295+/-10. This means there is almost no time I am fighting something.

With medium competition, ie there are times when I am waiting for a mob to respawn, I average 275+/-10.

the ppl averaging 250+ are in 3 words "full of ***"
Just because you can't do it doesn't mean other people can't.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dometig
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dometig 2012-10-16 10:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to think people were full of ***claiming these high numbers but since i started going THF/DNC with a 99 Mandau instead of BST i started getting 200+ per run thats even taking 30mins to get TE, but when i get TE like 10-15min i can farm 230+ easy i got 240 the other day my highest ever. On BST i was getting 150-170 and the odd 200 now and again, so now i think people who claim to do it must be doing it i proved to myself it can be done. It's down to kill speed as well once i proc a mob i can kill it quite fast with sneak attack + mercy strike had up to 4k dmg of it but i don't have the best mercy strike gear so it proberly can go higher then 4k?
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2012-10-16 10:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

On DC mobs no less lol, if it was a job like thf/dnc with mandau and the best gear or blu, i'd see it possible, but on dnc/thf (and i like dnc a lot) dont see it happening on DC mobs.

Using BST when u can really 1-shot stuff on drk is what slows down there, both could go /dnc (hurting the drk DD capabilities a bit) but the thf can really pull/proc non stop while the drk pwns stuff, kinda fast also.
By Ashandarei 2012-10-16 10:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

On DC mobs no less lol, if it was a job like thf/dnc with mandau and the best gear or blu, i'd see it possible, but on dnc/thf (and i like dnc a lot) dont see it happening on DC mobs.

Using BST when u can really 1-shot stuff on drk is what slows down there, both could go /dnc (hurting the drk DD capabilities a bit) but the thf can really pull/proc non stop while the drk pwns stuff, kinda fast also.

Don't underestimate DNC, especially if they have a Twash and know how to use it. DC mobs aren't really an issue either since their evasion is almost as good, and their kill speed can equal if not surpass a THF if they use saber strategically and climatic.
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-16 10:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me explain. Dnc kills faster than thf. Thor has 99 twash and str offhand...he can kill damn fast on dnc, and has proper waltz sets. SO killspeed/survival puts dnc/thf up there. I have soloed 380 on dnc, with a random 100 of course. 250 seems pretty reasonable for a good dnc. My advice, suck less.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-10-16 10:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I dnc/thf on DC mobs, without empy, and i avg 220-240. On EP mobs i get pretty close to 290ish havent broken 300 solo yet. Its not bull***, its a combination of the right circumstances with camps/competition as well as focus/knowing how to own a camp.
[+]
By geigei 2012-10-16 10:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Started with crap gear/wpns avg 130

few months later

almost best gear/mandau99 avg 300.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2012-10-16 10:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry but i dont see a DNC beating a THF in dyna, you can have 1 or 3 str daggers offhand, saw both in action in dyna (on people that know how to play) and thf really 1-shots mobs with a mandau99, its not even fair lol.

Plus you have the extra TH thief has over DNC, i think some of you peaked on dyna results a day or two and thought "hey i average pretty big!".

I'm not either dnc or thf main but imo, thief with mandau 99 vs dnc with twashtar99, THF pulls ahead even if it is only a bit (same sub weapon as well).

And for the smart *** with the usual "suck less" comment, sorry i play my jobs and do it well, i just see the limitations of the jobs and usually dont believe something til i see it, sorry but the forum trolling is quite old : D
By Ashandarei 2012-10-16 10:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry but i dont see a DNC beating a THF in dyna, you can have 1 or 3 str daggers offhand, saw both in action in dyna (on people that know how to play) and thf really 1-shots mobs with a mandau99, its not even fair lol.

Plus you have the extra TH thief has over DNC, i think some of you peaked on dyna results a day or two and thought "hey i average pretty big!".

I'm not either dnc or thf main but imo, thief with mandau 99 vs dnc with twashtar99, THF pulls ahead even if it is only a bit (same sub weapon as well).

And for the smart *** with the usual "suck less" comment, sorry i play my jobs and do it well, i just see the limitations of the jobs and usually dont believe something til i see it, sorry but the forum trolling is quite old : D

In a purely solo situation. DNC has longer lasting haste samba, more efficient cures, and more utilities than a THF.

So I'm sorry to say, but your opinion is wrong(in a pure solo situation).

This is coming from a Mandau THF with near the best gear possible, comparing himself to a 99 Twash DNC that I duo Dyna with.
[+]
By geigei 2012-10-16 10:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

On ragnarok i saw maybe 3-4 ppl doing it my way and i want to keep it that way.
As for dnc being inferior i dont know, to get the most from mandau i need to proc @ full hp and have tp, usually mob is under 50% before second step is ready.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-16 11:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Thf may 1 shot them(with sneak attack mind you), after they are proced once every 50 seconds, or with bully up. Dnc gets to do that damage every 30 seconds, and still have leftover tp to cure and samba(wild flourish is a proc, and a very nice way to lower mobs hp fast, as it opens a self sc).
2. Dnc has all around lower delay, more haste, a free 100 tp every 30 seconds for the cost of 20 tp, has better waltzes, causing it to conserve tp for ws more often, and can actually fight links without spamming cure.
3. You don't have mandau or twash that I am aware of, so you should not be talking about either of these weapons. My "smart ***" trolling is simply because you are talking about something you know very little of and you are voicing an opinion that is invalid. My main concern is that someone may read your post and agree with you.
 Bismarck.Stani
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-10-16 13:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Who gives a crap about average, I care about potential maximums. As you get more experience and fate eventually cuts you a break, you'll average closer to and more reliably reach your maximums.

Regarding the rest of your assertions (250+ on a decent run is BS, Mercy 99 one-shotting mobs, and party setups)... I'm not surprised you think 250+ average is BS, you don't sound very good at Dynamis (yet).

inb4 you dismiss me as 'trolling' rather than giving my honest opinion.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2012-10-16 13:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You can give you opinnion of course but you put it as if any DNC out there in dyna is getting 250 average lol, i could see a decked out thf going all out but til i see it, dont think a dnc can.

And yea, i said a thf with mercy 1-shots stuff very easy, dunno with you mention it lol and in party setups, sam + thf with proper gear can rack really high amounts (better than solo if u do it right).
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-10-16 14:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 5 white proc's one dynamis so 600 currency is what's "good". *** averages.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-10-16 14:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You can give you opinnion of course but you put it as if any DNC out there in dyna is getting 250 average lol, i could see a decked out thf going all out but til i see it, dont think a dnc can.

And yea, i said a thf with mercy 1-shots stuff very easy, dunno with you mention it lol and in party setups, sam + thf with proper gear can rack really high amounts (better than solo if u do it right).
Nobody's "1-shotting" anything, btw.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-10-16 15:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

When I 'solo' dynamis I cheat and borrow my GFs char to hunt for the TEs with her BST. I only go in after I've located the 20min TE and have the pet attacking it. Then I use both chars to go after different 10 min ones. I usually end up having 113-114 mins left to play with.

My gear is decent, I use a Daka+2 for Rudra's and usually manage 3-4k SA Rudra's. I'd say my average is 240~ per run on EPs. My highest was 268 the other day with incredible luck during one 20 minute bunny fest. Fast procs and I'm pretty sure every kill dropped 3 or 4 bronze.

Don't see why a DNC couldn't do the same thing or better. With ODD from a 90/95/99 Twash, haste from Oynos (or WHM mule), Saber Dance, full TP from Reverse a lot, and 5% more haste from haste samba, they would likely kill hella fast. They can also use Wild Flourish if they wanted for another JA to proc faster.
By geigei 2012-10-16 17:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're doing DC mobs solo you're doing it wrong.
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-10-16 17:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
If you're doing DC mobs solo you're doing it wrong.

Without checking your gear i know you arent very well geared. EP mobs die waaaaay too quick if you're decently well geared. DCs are where it's at.
[+]
By geigei 2012-10-16 17:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the point imo in dynamis, speedkill, i'm a very well geard thf and i rather turn myself waiting for proc than taking longer to kill dc's.
 Siren.Mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-10-16 17:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the point imo in dynamis, speedkill, i'm a very well geard thf and i rather turn myself waiting for proc than taking longer to kill dc's.

Turning is time wasted. And if you can't kill dcs fast, you arent very well geared.
By geigei 2012-10-16 17:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno what game you're playing but i solo 300 EVERYTIME on ep's and never go beyond 240-260 on DC and by very well geared if you assume str4 earring beat my str3 then yea you right, i'm not well geared.
 Siren.Mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-10-16 17:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You must never have competition then. Even one person will *** you from getting 300. Not going to get into a pissing match with you, I'm just going to call *** on your every time.
[+]
 Bismarck.Stani
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-10-16 17:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Plusses for people who didn't make me facepalm, I quit this thread.
By geigei 2012-10-16 17:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno why you just cant accept some ppl are just better than you.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-16 17:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop saying you solo 300 on average on easy preys. That is a lie.
[+]
By geigei 2012-10-16 17:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok i lie.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-16 18:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok i lie.
Also, stop commenting if you don't contribute your freaking gear and tell us how you magically get 300 a run. No one cares what you can do, we want to know how you do it.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14