First Page 2 3 ... 249 250 251 ... 449 450 451
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-01-03 02:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
What's our longest duration DoT spell and how long does it last for unresisted?

Disseverment afaik. Unresisted duration is known to be 3 minutes.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-01-03 03:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That was my first guess, but wasn't sure if there was some obscure spell with a longer duration. Thanks.
 Asura.Brennski
Server: Asura
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-01-03 03:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

I have the 1200JP Gift and using the 75 Point Spell Set on the first page of the guide which puts me at DW3. I am currently TPing in:
ItemSet 340800

Adhemar and Nibiru are Path A. DEX+8, Acc +13, M.Acc+13 and Qaud. Attack +1 on Dampening Tam. Herc Boots DEX+14, ACC+21, Attack +14, Crit Hit Rate +1%. Claid is STR +16, ACC+5, DA +2.

I am wondering if its better to use Taeon Boots with Acc+19, TA+2 and Crit Hit Damage +1% and Brutal, over the Herc Boots and Suppaonimi?
 Cerberus.Midgitis
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2016-01-03 06:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on your accuracy needs. Odds are though, you won't even feel/notice the difference. I would go for epona's ring though.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-01-03 08:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Brennski said: »
Hi,

I have the 1200JP Gift and using the 75 Point Spell Set on the first page of the guide which puts me at DW3. I am currently TPing in:
ItemSet 340800

Adhemar and Nibiru are Path A. DEX+8, Acc +13, M.Acc+13 and Qaud. Attack +1 on Dampening Tam. Herc Boots DEX+14, ACC+21, Attack +14, Crit Hit Rate +1%. Claid is STR +16, ACC+5, DA +2.

I am wondering if its better to use Taeon Boots with Acc+19, TA+2 and Crit Hit Damage +1% and Brutal, over the Herc Boots and Suppaonimi?

Keep in mind Thereoid greaves are a hard one to beat and relatively easy to get.
 Asura.Oronyx
user: Oronyx
By Asura.Oronyx 2016-01-03 09:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
Keep in mind Thereoid greaves are a hard one to beat and relatively easy to get.

This is just his TP set
By Takisan 2016-01-03 23:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

When looking at NQ Amalric gages path D vs Leyline Gloves with max augments are leyline still better for macc? Does Elemental skill help blu nuke spells? I am guessing not. Is it 2 or 3 int per macc?

Path D Amalric: 34 int, 15 macc, 13 Elemental skill.
34/2 = 17 macc or 34/3 = 11.3 macc.
26.3~32 macc +13 skill?

Max Leyline 12 int, 32 macc
12/2= 6 macc or 12/3=4 macc
36~38 macc?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-03 23:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

dSTAT:macc is always a 1:1 or 2:1 relationship depending on the exact value of dSTAT. For our purposes, it's probably safe to assume that increasing INT by 2 adds 1 macc. It's only 1:1 if the mob's INT is fairly close to your own.

Elemental skill does nothing for blue spells. The only blue magic affected by non-blue skills are our cures (sans White Wind), which depend on healing magic skill.
[+]
 Asura.Manticore
user: Manticore
By Asura.Manticore 2016-01-04 13:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a gearswap that matches the front page? My gear set is almost complete however using the gearswap LUAs on the front page don't seem to be equiping the right sets for the right things. Would be great if I could borrow someone's LUA and modify it with my gear.

Thanks!
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2016-01-04 20:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

My Alchemy mule made me one happy BLU today :D
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-01-04 22:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Firstly, big congratulations.

Secondly, die in a fire.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-01-05 07:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

intrloper said: »
Sylph.Oraen said: »
The main thing is that Adhemar hands blow past even perfect Herculean if you have Tizona. Herculean feet with 4TA are still the best option. Gearsets with a mythic don't change drastically for 1handers like they do for 2handers, just a few swaps here and there. Lupine>Bleating, Adhemar hands> Herc, stuff like that.

Spent a little time augmenting Herc feet and ended up getting:
ACC+22 ATT+35 STP+6

Should I stick with that on TP set or try for TA+4 with ACC+ on it?

looking at this for overall set atm:
ItemSet 340710

I wanted to mention please that I know I tend to ask questions that spreadsheets might be able to answer but it is hard for me to find the time to do lot of research and play like I used to. I mainly mention it because when people like Oraen reply it ends up being a great help and thankful for for it.

A quick observation, I'd think with Tizona's AM3 you'd also benefit from using Lissome Necklace over that Asperity Necklace, but I'm an acc *** so maybe the DA1 could help offhand more than I realize.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2016-01-05 08:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It might differ based on your build/augs, but I always have asperity just ahead of lissome even with AM3, so it's an excellent swap if you need the acc, but not best for DPS.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-05 08:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Manticore said: »
Anyone have a gearswap that matches the front page? My gear set is almost complete however using the gearswap LUAs on the front page don't seem to be equiping the right sets for the right things. Would be great if I could borrow someone's LUA and modify it with my gear.

Thanks!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByGS22kY0-SpM2Z1aDFWY3hrQ2M
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-05 08:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Is there any way to mitigate the damage from Noahionto (dullahan tp move) other than vex/attunement or scherzo/earthen armor? I am trying to solo Crom Dubh on blu/run with trusts and no matter how much mdb and mdt I stack, I always take full damage unless I resist and get one-shotted. MDB III trait + Saline Coat + capped MDT don't help at all and Meva III trait + 2x Lux + whatever Meva I have on gear aren't reliable enough for resisting.
Ulmia always casts Scherzo on me. May need to modify your Sudden Lunge set too as I needed.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2016-01-05 09:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Montaeg said: »
It might differ based on your build/augs, but I always have asperity just ahead of lissome even with AM3, so it's an excellent swap if you need the acc, but not best for DPS.

Totally forgot about combatant's torque, which is very similar DPS wise to lissome with more acc.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-01-05 22:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ice said: »
Mind sharing your paths for Adhemar and your Colada augments? I can plug them in for you to make absolutely sure.

Are there updated spreadsheets that have been updated (acc 99%, current WS mods, etc)? I checked BG the other day, but only found the old spreadsheets that have not been updated since 2014. Don't really care about adding gear and such to them since that's easy. Just not sure how to change values for individual stuff such as acc caps and whatnot.

There's literally a spreadsheet in the guide. Luckily, Langly and others are around to fix any problems it may have.

Ahh, didn't notice it. Haven't really read the guide since it was created in ~2012ish. Just Browse through and look at gearsets and such when I check it out now a days. Thanks, bud.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-01-07 22:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Really, Kaggen over a pouch or cinder NM? What makes that stupid mantis a good choice?
 Asura.Manticore
user: Manticore
By Asura.Manticore 2016-01-07 23:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys!

Question 1:
I'm having trouble understanding the current meta of how to properly play BLU.

Do I prebuff before engage, then put up all my debuffs on the mob, then just TP and WS?

If someone could ELI5 a typical encounter on BLU in endgame that would be great!

Question 2:

I have my physical, tp, magic and ws sets however, what about gear like AF/Relic/E armor? For instance in the BST guide their are different sets for different abilities, however i'm unsure what pieces I should get of BLU's and how I use it or if the gearsets listed in the guide are better to use than to macro in for instance the Empy Body +1 for precast and then switch to magic or physical set?
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-01-07 23:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Really, Kaggen over a pouch or cinder NM? What makes that stupid mantis a good choice?

The drop rate. On average, you get more plates from spamming T3 Jeuno (of which, Kaggen is the least annoying) than doing pouch NMs. Even if it's only one at a time, the drop rate is substantially better to the point where it's the better long term play (to say nothing of how much easier the NM is versus the others).

[Edit: the relevant FFXIDB links]

http://ffxidb.com/items/3509
http://ffxidb.com/items/5910
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2016-01-08 02:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »

The drop rate. On average, you get more plates from spamming T3 Jeuno (of which, Kaggen is the least annoying) than doing pouch NMs. Even if it's only one at a time, the drop rate is substantially better to the point where it's the better long term play (to say nothing of how much easier the NM is versus the others).

[Edit: the relevant FFXIDB links]

http://ffxidb.com/items/3509
http://ffxidb.com/items/5910

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on average you get 9 plates from a pouch (3-15 has a median of 9).

With a ~6% droprate on Aello, over the course of 100 kills you could expect 6 pouches with an average of 9 plates per pouch - for an average of 6 x 9 = 54 plates.

With a ~35% droprate on Kaggen, over the course of 100 kills you could expect 35 plates.

Wouldn't the long term play favor an NM that drops pouches?
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2016-01-08 14:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

0/13 on abnoba kaftan, the struggle is real...

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-01-08 15:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Cinders are the easy part. Personally I did Morta.

Don't be proud, buying Alex or metal is one in the same. Do it or suffer needlessly. Even I bought from friends at reduced prices.

I found Rex to be a lot better than Morta. Minus the Charm under 30%. Since it doesn't drop Abjurations.
First Page 2 3 ... 249 250 251 ... 449 450 451