First Page 2 3 ... 241 242 243 ... 447 448 449
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-16 10:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said: »
Everyone is a little sassy this morning lol.

If it was morning for me, I might have reacted in a worse way. I have just left work and don't even have the energy to argue. I come here for information on the job I love, not to be called a clown for doing less damage.

On topic, should I bother playing the worst ever augmenting game with Colada if I get my hands on Tanmogayi +1 for main hand? Stones got a lot cheaper lately but there is still the headdesking factor in the augment madness.
[+]
By Clinpachi 2015-12-16 10:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm personally going 119 Tiz/Almace and praying that the feb adjustments carry it home lol.

I'm busy playing catchup though. I've been gone for awhile so I'm totally outdated with a huge laundry list.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-12-16 11:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nakayubi said: »
Not that I am expecting to win or anything, but I was thinking about the bonanza today. In the past Tizona or the Cats Eye would be no brainers but I'm not sure that is the case now. Since first prize gives you 119 and how generally easy Alex is to farm am I not wrong to think is the better choice to go with Almace or the dense cluster?
That's my plan at least. Granted I'm ~1200 Alex and 50k tokens away from Tizona now... But Almace is arguably a bigger (and imo more annoying) investment at this time that should carry value as our #1 offhand post-update, so it's a solid option.

Asura.Brennski said: »
Trying to work out which Adoulin Ring to take when I complete the missions this weekend/Early Next week.

Not sure if to go for Adoulin or Vocane at the minute or if I'm missing a better one for BLU.

Any advice on the best one to take?
Weatherspoon or bust.

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
If it was morning for me, I might have reacted in a worse way. I have just left work and don't even have the energy to argue. I come here for information on the job I love, not to be called a clown for doing less damage.

On topic, should I bother playing the worst ever augmenting game with Colada if I get my hands on Tanmogayi +1 for main hand? Stones got a lot cheaper lately but there is still the headdesking factor in the augment madness.
If memory serves, 2x well-augmented Coladas is BIS for nuking right now. Best melee offhand for the moment too; Colada is technically the better mainhand as well but wanting to spend less time on Reisenjima augment *** is understandable.
 Lakshmi.Zyphos
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zyphos
By Lakshmi.Zyphos 2015-12-16 11:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to solo Walk of Echoes for those dice... and no dice. (Puns!) I don't think I'm geared enough to solo iLVL content, even with trusts. It's certainly frustrating.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-16 13:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of those WoE have cheap gimmicks.

The iLvl message isn't a good indicator of difficulty these days. Corse says like 128, but some WoE say 119.
By lhova 2015-12-16 16:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

We need to come up with a BLU/NM path were all the NM's in Escha are beat with a Blu focus strat. I know I'm biased because Blu is the only job I play now, lol.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-12-16 16:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zyphos said: »
I tried to solo Walk of Echoes for those dice... and no dice. (Puns!) I don't think I'm geared enough to solo iLVL content, even with trusts. It's certainly frustrating.

Worst comes to worst, you can always just wait until there's no longer a Surge campaign and/or you can buy them with login points. If people are selling them, farming something else may be an option as well.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-12-16 19:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that I agree with that assessment about Tizona's DPS(and honestly haven't personally looked in to it enough to be making claims), I'm already 24,500/30,000 on Tizona atm and even if someone told me some *** up random augment system weapon would beat it completely, I'd still continue on with my Tizona. Especially since the update will likely set the gap right back how it should be.
[+]
By Takisan 2015-12-16 19:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/33112-Level-99-Relic-Mythic-Empyrean-and-WoE-Weapons?p=568509&viewfull=1#post568509

I don't know how I feel about chasing afterglow yet.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-12-16 19:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh... I can see this being a problem.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-12-16 19:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Mostly just think it will be a grind. Either merits or some of the new stones
By Takisan 2015-12-16 19:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Mostly just think it will be a grind. Either merits or some of the new stones

Yea, I feel like its just gonna require merits to that new gob npc in Reisenjima but it would be scary if they made it a similar difficulty as 150 Scoria or marrow. Afterglow was obviously never meant to be something of SIGNIFICANT use in battle as one person mentions in those forms. Its just a vanity-time suck and ppl get it for the look. So now that they want to make it actually worth getting I just hope they make the alternative reasonable.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-12-16 19:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people with AG didn't even really do it either. Da struggle
[+]
By Clinpachi 2015-12-16 19:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on their definition of "those that do not have an afterglow will have quite a challenge ahead of them", I already figured it was going to be balanced as fair as possible while giving current AG people a break.

I tried to say it was to early to judge like 20 times, but some people just wanted to spaz out and make a fool of themselves. I knew everything was going to be fine.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-16 20:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2015-12-17 02:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Multiple threads with this ***? Just drop it already.
[+]
By Clinpachi 2015-12-17 06:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

I'm not trying to backseat mod but if you can't control yourself and flow with the related conversation instead of taking offence to every little thing I say, use the block and blacklist feature and be done with it.

Nowhere did I mention your name or call you out specifically. Are you that narcissistic that you gotta think every thread or post is about you and your precious afterglow? We get it you're upset, but please drop it.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-17 06:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's stop arguin about afterglow in the blue Mage guide. Please?
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-12-17 07:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Let's stop arguin about afterglow in the blue Mage guide. Please?

Draylo said: »

I'm not trying to backseat mod but if you can't control yourself and flow with the related conversation instead of taking offence to every little thing I say, use the block and blacklist feature and be done with it.

Nowhere did I mention your name or call you out specifically. Are you that narcissistic that you gotta think every thread or post is about you and your precious afterglow? We get it you're upset, but please drop it.
[+]
By Clinpachi 2015-12-17 07:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So in lieu of this news, if we have both AG Tizona and Almace, I'm assuming party members will get all effects of Attack, Ranged Attack, and Crit Rate aura?

I wonder how it will react with other people's AG if at all. Has the potential to be pretty cool if you're in a party of all AG users.

Offhand Almace keeps looking more and more temping.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-17 07:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Afterglow will be a guaranteed inclusion in the final form of all R/M/E now thanks to the newest dev news posted above, I don't blame you if you missed that detail through all the shitposting, sorry for that.

I wan't intending to continue drama or drag anything out, it's relevant news and info right now that you WILL have an afterglow on the next upgrade path (If you get that far, looks like it might be a doozie).

I just explored a wiki page and it looks like you CAN get afterglow from Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean respectively, but if someone activates another Mythic afterglow the effect will just reset the countdown and not stack.

Now that I think about it I've never actually looked into the specifics of an afterglow outside of knowing it just gives a minor aura.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-12-17 07:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
So u assume someone or u dual wield afterglows and at same time find multiple ag users? Let's cut this nonsense and stop talking about ag period. It doesn't help users looking at this guide.

Can ask this question in the random question thread.

I have to disagree. The OP is the guide part, the rest is discussion, questions and answers. And a post about AG Tizona is far more likely to get seen by someone who can offer good input or speculation about it in here than anywhere else on this forum. We may not know much about how AG is going to work for this yet but I don't feel like we should be avoiding discussion.

As long as the discussion is about blu, I think it should be allowed in this thread. Provided at least, that the arguments about it are not against any rules.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-17 07:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Once the update drops I'm pretty sure we will have a nice explanation of afterglow and how to handle dual wielding two (as well as what they do and how they affect your party) in the OP guide itself for Tizona and Almace.

Would be a nice inclusion to the guide since that information is sparsely discussed for obvious reasons at the moment.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-17 08:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you are misunderstanding something Foreverj. On the next update when they adjust and give us another upgrade path, everyone is getting an afterglow. Everyone. Not just the special few which is why there was an argument in the first place.

We still don't know the requirements though.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-17 08:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you are misunderstanding something Foreverj. On the next update when they adjust and give us another upgrade path, everyone is getting an afterglow. Everyone. Not just the special few which is why there was an argument in the first place.

We still don't know the requirements though.

So after people upgrade to rem it's automatic afterglow? I apologize for cluttering the guide. I will delete.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-17 08:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah there will not be two separate paths anymore for AG and non-AG. The end result is being worked to include afterglow regardless of which path you took.

The only difference is that current AG users will have an easier time to obtain the next upgrade.

The problem is that adding ilvl equipment probably threw a giant wrench into their plans and mucked up RME progression development for awhile. This is their end result on how to fix the problem.

But yeah everyone will have afterglow at the end.
First Page 2 3 ... 241 242 243 ... 447 448 449