First Page 2 3 ... 240 241 242 ... 447 448 449
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-16 04:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
I think tizona lost value since mp is not needed anymore and the absurd amount of TA we get now.

Using spreadsheet on first page and default TP/WS set(which has 23% TA and TA job trait from spells), seems that skill 242 Tizona AM3 still has around 100 DPS ahead of various Colada augment.
By geigei 2015-12-16 04:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you starting fight with 3k tp? cause 3 cdc will range from 30k to 80k and there's no way tizona will come even close.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-16 05:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you starting fight with 3k tp? cause 3 cdc will range from 30k to 80k and there's no way tizona will come even close.

Isn't 3000 TP Expiacion with Tizona around 15000~18000 too? Which is about the same or a bit higher than avg CDC? So it's actually Tizona v.s 1~2 extra CDC from Colada. If you over TP due to multiple attack proc, you may only get 1 extra CDC out of it, since you don't always WS at exactly 1000 TP.

Unfortunely I can't get spreadsheet to display avg 3000 TP Expiacion damage properly to do precise comparison. Wiki listed the WS 30% STR / 30% INT / 20% DEX mod, but the spreadsheet listed on 1st page only has 2 slots for WS mod.

Just a heads up, the Expiacion FTP value also wasn't correct in spreadsheet, it's different from what's listed on bg-wiki.

Edit: Also just wondering how hard/easy it is to chain CDC light SC without AM3/SAM roll on BLU nowadays. If you can't solo light SC without SAM roll reliably with Colada, that's more DPS lose from SC.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-16 07:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

26.6k CDC... Can I have it? <.<

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Edit: Also just wondering how hard/easy it is to chain CDC light SC without AM3/SAM roll on BLU nowadays. If you can't solo light SC without SAM roll reliably with Colada, that's more DPS lose from SC.

Very easy, even solo and without any multihit weapon or AM3.
[+]
By Clinpachi 2015-12-16 07:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I think tizona lost value since mp is not needed anymore and the absurd amount of TA we get now.

Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-16 07:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What damage on cdcs is respectable? Im seeing 6k to 17k cdcs with buffs and that was before 1200 Jps. I have a lotta room to improve tho. Also can anyone tell me how to use blue mages azure lore? Is it even used at all?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-16 07:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »

What damage on cdcs is respectable? Im seeing 6k to 17k cdcs with buffs and that was before 1200 Jps. I have a lotta room to improve tho. Also can anyone tell me how to use blue mages azure lore? Is it even used at all?

A bit hard to answer because it depend on target and buffs. But you can check spreadsheet for avg numbers in specific situation.
 Asura.Brennski
Server: Asura
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2015-12-16 07:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to work out which Adoulin Ring to take when I complete the missions this weekend/Early Next week.

Not sure if to go for Adoulin or Vocane at the minute or if I'm missing a better one for BLU.

Any advice on the best one to take?
By geigei 2015-12-16 07:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

Was that supposed to be sarcasm? cause my 28k cdc says you're a clown.

Clinpachi said: »

What era you living in where you run out of mp and think "Oh man, if only i had more mp i coulda kill this nm"?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-16 08:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe 28k CDC shouldn't be average WS number unless the target has physical damage taken+ mechanic, since I can barely push CDC number to more than 20k using various buffs/HQ gearsets/mob targets on spreadsheet. When comparing WS numbers, shouldn't we use average WS number instead of spikes?
By geigei 2015-12-16 08:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

I believe 28k CDC shouldn't be average WS number unless the target has physical damage taken+ mechanic. When comparing WS numbers, shouldn't we use average WS number instead of spikes?

Ofc is not avg, but spikes happen, 15k ish should be right, depends on what i fight, can be more or less.

Assuming 100dps more with tizona it will take 5min fighting just to catch up with 2 extra 15k cdc.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By geigei 2015-12-16 09:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »

Aside from being wrong. I guess you just don't solo things.

Try soloing Fenrir on D with Tizona, and you will find yourself out of MP.

Is that the content you're into or some kind of achievement? cause i do this century stuff and i have friends, no reason for me personally to go solo ronfaure content.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-16 09:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting spicy with Spicy!
By geigei 2015-12-16 09:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from being wrong. I guess you just don't solo things.

Try soloing Fenrir on D with Tizona, and you will find yourself out of MP.

Is that the content you're into or some kind of achievement? cause i do this century stuff and i have friends, no reason for me personally to go solo ronfaure content.

To challenge myself as a BLU and enjoy a moment of zen.
MP almost certainly comes into play all of these times. To the point where going from 75>80 means "hey room for retinal glare!"

Is still a niche, how many blu out there choose to make tizona now just to solo stuff? is ok if you allready had one when it was OP but winning bonanza and choosing tizona is not a good choice imo.

And wtf is "ronfaure content"?

Ronfaure content is fenrir VD clear in 3min.

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-12-16 09:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Take your arguments elsewhere.

It's vaguely on topic, but still not helpful, and this is a guide.

[Edit: to clarify, the point in the argument where you were actually discussing numbers was fine. This is progressing beyond that.]
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-12-16 09:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

We are directly talking about Tizona and BLU soloing

Do it in a way that isn't you two slapping your *** against each other, then.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-16 09:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

First someone tries to tell me that Asura is dead. Now somebody says Tizona isn't useful anymore.

[+]
By Draylo 2015-12-16 09:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say its not useful anymore, that is very dumb to say tbh. I would say that its certainly lost a lot of its luster, it isn't leaps and bounds ahead of other choices. In fact, it loses out in a number of situations against things like Tanmogayi +1 and Colada. That is all to change hopefully with FEB update though, so I wouldn't dissuade people from making it as it will be king again for sure.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-16 09:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't sarcasm but at least I am not being an asshat over it. I only expressed my wish to reach those numbers.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-16 09:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone is a little sassy this morning lol.
By geigei 2015-12-16 10:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't sarcasm but at least I am not being an asshat over it. I only expressed my wish to reach those numbers.

Then please accept my excuses.
 Asura.Arnan
Server: Asura
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2015-12-16 10:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I wouldn't say its not useful anymore, that is very dumb to say tbh. I would say that its certainly lost a lot of its luster, it isn't leaps and bounds ahead of other choices. In fact, it loses out in a number of situations against things like Tanmogayi +1 and Colada. That is all to change hopefully with FEB update though, so I wouldn't dissuade people from making it as it will be king again for sure.

I find myself not using Tizona a lot of the time now because of the fact so many fights are so short these days or theres too much down time between fights and building TP for AM isn't worth it. Also some stuff like unity wipes AM at the end of each fight
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-16 10:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're not getting 99999 on CDC* you should just quit now.

*I got the average from spamming T1 Morimar Delve NM.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-12-16 10:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arnan said: »
Draylo said: »

I find myself not using Tizona a lot of the time now because of the fact so many fights are so short these days or theres too much down time between fights and building TP for AM isn't worth it. Also some stuff like unity wipes AM at the end of each fight

Yeah exactly, that's the unfortunate truth. I have no idea why they wipe GEO spells and AM's every fight but its frustrating. Was that ever explained anyway?
First Page 2 3 ... 240 241 242 ... 447 448 449