First Page 2 3 ... 238 239 240 ... 446 447 448
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-12-13 13:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Prior to getting a Geo we tried him and my subductions would do 256 on avg and with the Geo I was doing about double that with some 2000 plus subductions getting off.

So I'm getting that the main fail was that I brought more than 6.

The main fail wasn't that you brought more than 6, the mail fail is that your subductions weren't going above 2k, and were usually around 500. My party went 6/6 last night and was PLD BLM BLU BLU GEO SMN(subbed whm). My subduction did around 4.5k (resists around 2k), and we cleared in around 7 mins.

The amount of people doesn't make his meva higher, just his hp. Listen to Oraen - you guys needed to buff macc or lower pak's meva. Assuming your Hagondes gear is augmented for +MAB (which it almost always is), it has absolutely no +macc on it. Hagondes is not very good for level 130+ content, and you're using it in 3 slots. I know it's a catch-22 that you want the v.body to get higher macc, but need higher macc to get the v.body.

I'd suggest getting amalric legs and amalric head (or herculean helm with +macc augments). Also consider this: a max-stat Samnuha coat has the exact same stats as NQ amalric for nuking (along path A), so that's a good upgrade as well.

Good luck!
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-12-13 13:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
max-stat Samnuha coat has the exact same stats as NQ amalric for nuking (along path A), so that's a good upgrade as well.

There's a pretty sizable INT difference. There seems to be a pattern in me pointing this out.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-13 13:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The only issue with Samnuha Coat is the large loss of INT. Max augments will help, but the INT loss is pretty steep.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-12-13 14:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of INT, Searing Tempest is perhaps underrated in magic damage setups. The potent burn effect will simultaneously boost your damage and hitrate.

Having said that, I've a niggling suspicion that the mechanics behind Gates of Hades, Searing Tempest, and Foul Waters may be poorly understood at this time. The inconsistent and unusual -stat and DoT values in the OP lead me to believe that there may be a dINT calculation involved that hasn't been properly evaluated yet, something akin to how BLM's elemental debuffs function. I'll investigate further in the near future.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-13 14:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be kinda surprised if they didn't operate that way, honestly, I always found GoH was a much more potent DoT with Burst Affinity. I just assumed the DoT was related to the initial damage, though.
By lhova 2015-12-13 23:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said: »
Prior to getting a Geo we tried him and my subductions would do 256 on avg and with the Geo I was doing about double that with some 2000 plus subductions getting off.

So I'm getting that the main fail was that I brought more than 6.

The main fail wasn't that you brought more than 6, the mail fail is that your subductions weren't going above 2k, and were usually around 500. My party went 6/6 last night and was PLD BLM BLU BLU GEO SMN(subbed whm). My subduction did around 4.5k (resists around 2k), and we cleared in around 7 mins.

The amount of people doesn't make his meva higher, just his hp. Listen to Oraen - you guys needed to buff macc or lower pak's meva. Assuming your Hagondes gear is augmented for +MAB (which it almost always is), it has absolutely no +macc on it. Hagondes is not very good for level 130+ content, and you're using it in 3 slots. I know it's a catch-22 that you want the v.body to get higher macc, but need higher macc to get the v.body.

I'd suggest getting amalric legs and amalric head (or herculean helm with +macc augments). Also consider this: a max-stat Samnuha coat has the exact same stats as NQ amalric for nuking (along path A), so that's a good upgrade as well.

Good luck!

Were you doing sc's for magic burst for the Blm on Blu or just straight nuking? Also how "good" was your geo? I mean I guess my macc sucks that bad but honestly I don't remember any of the mages hitting it for big numbers.
 Cerberus.Kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-12-14 00:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Were you doing sc's for magic burst for the Blm on Blu or just straight nuking? Also how "good" was your geo? I mean I guess my macc sucks that bad but honestly I don't remember any of the mages hitting it for big numbers.

No skillchains, and our GEO definitely didn't have an Idris. Just need higher macc and you'll be good.
 Bismarck.Branden
Server: Bismarck
user: Branden
By Bismarck.Branden 2015-12-14 08:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What is a good spell list for killing the caturae in Escha to cover the different damage types and still maintain DD output?
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2015-12-14 09:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Branden said: »
What is a good spell list for killing the caturae in Escha to cover the different damage types and still maintain DD output?

I know heavy strike, sweeping gouge, glutinous dart right off the top can hit through different shields. I use those with arciela to solo. I don't know if it's been purely luck so far though. Normal dps spells usually work fine. I do know there has to be more to the shield than what I know. Someone was doing light damage through it the other night. I really couldn't find info on it. Just based off what I've seen or done.
By Dunigs 2015-12-14 10:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyte mentioned to me in another thread frenetic rip counts as H2H, which means you can cover all except ranged damage. Shields specifically are :
Blunt (club,Heavy Strike)
H2H (Frenetic Rip)
Piercing (Vampirism, Glut. Dart, Sinker Drill)
Slashing (shouldn't matter)
Light Magic (Retinal, Subduction, hybrid elemental if you want to set it)
Dark Magic (whatever you can afford to set for water/ice/dark/earth damage, you may have tenebral set already)

You could use RNG trusts but I've had mixed success with their damage actually being enough to break a shield. But most spells should be set already with rip and maybe your light nuke being the only adjustments. Depending on job points this could just be a matter of using your spare points outside your normal dd traits.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-14 10:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget about Requiescat, especially since this is basically the only situation in which it's decent. With all the TP generation temporary items we get in Escha zones, you should be able to break any shield with a strong Req set.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-14 11:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never actually used it, I only have it for the trait. BG lists it as H2H, so perhaps you were only dealing with H2H shields? Or did it work on non-H2H as well?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-14 11:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what would have made Atramentous Libations not suck? If it increased max HP, I would have liked that.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-12-14 16:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Did another 7 pakecet runs last night using spicyryan's BLU nuke method. We had 8 people this time which made the runs take a smidge longer, but we usually finished with around 7 mins to spare. I finished my amalric set and finally got j.body. Party setup this time was:

pt #1: BLU (me), COR, GEO, BLM, BRD, SMN
pt #2: RDM, PLD

I'm pretty confident we could trio pak on PLD/BLU/GEO. This method really is that easy...

I think we'll Vir'ava soon so I can get my Kaftan :)

Post deleted by User.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-14 17:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-12-14 19:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said: »
Did another 7 pakecet runs last night using spicyryan's BLU nuke method. We had 8 people this time which made the runs take a smidge longer, but we usually finished with around 7 mins to spare. I finished my amalric set and finally got j.body. Party setup this time was:

pt #1: BLU (me), COR, GEO, BLM, BRD, SMN
pt #2: RDM, PLD

I'm pretty confident we could trio pak on PLD/BLU/GEO. This method really is that easy...

I think we'll Vir'ava soon so I can get my Kaftan :)

Later tonight, I think Imma try the Spicy Method to low man pakecet, so I'll let you guys know if it works. I'll have a BLU, GEO, PLD, WHM, and maybe another BLU.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-12-14 21:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »

Holy ***, 2 WHM, 2 BLU, PLD, GEO. It worked. It was easy.

SPICY METHOD WORKS. GOT MY VENERIAN BODY. IN SPICY WE TRUST.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-12-14 22:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

well, we didn't know much much damage would be put out, not sure what to expect, and one only had WHM, THF, or BST, could've had her go THF for TH alone. That's what we're doing. Also the other BLU was multiboxing the tank AND the GEO. He was doing a pretty good job at tanking and keeping the enfeebles up. His BLU wasn't doing a ton of damage though.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-14 23:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Teach me how to Spicy, Ryan.
 Asura.Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-12-14 23:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Also killed duke vepar with the same group. ALL PRAISE THE SPICE.
 Cerberus.Kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-12-15 01:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

7 more pak runs tonight using the spice girls method. We used a PLD in sparks gear and a WHM stupidruru trust, and it was still laughably easy.

In Spice We Trust.

By Clinpachi 2015-12-15 12:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it just me or did it get a little bit tizzy up in here?

WOOHOO~
[+]
By Trebold 2015-12-15 13:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said: »

Is it just me or did it get a little bit tizzy up in here?

WOOHOO~

Grats mang, an LS member finished their 75 version last night too.
By lhova 2015-12-15 13:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I figured that 2 Geo's, 2 Blu's a Pld and Whm would own Pakecet. I've been able to kill him several times and the only problem we would run into was if the adds killed me (i had to pop and use a whm trust so the pld would die and game over). Not one abj has dropped in the 5 kills so far. Hoping that I can get my band of misfits together today and get these abjs.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 238 239 240 ... 446 447 448