Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-12-10 13:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said: »
Takisan said: »
No update to mythic so far as I can see. 。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。 Ah well, Tizona is still boss.

I'm under 3k alex from finishing mine. Major bummer because I thought my timing was going to be perfect lol.
5k + some Nyzul tokens here. Was shooting for 119 by Christmas but it looks like I'll be out of town for a bit longer than I expected next week. Should still finish 75 by then I think.

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
In other news SE added a haste 15% belt just in case we wanna carry gear for "oh ***I am slowed and can't remove it".

EDIT EDIT: Nvm, beaten...
You're too slow~ On a serious note though, I'm pretty sure slow is calculated as a separate term from haste (at the very least different from gear haste, but 90% sure it's a completely different term because reasons). So I don't think it'd help there and I'm not sure why these ridiculous haste belts even exist nowadays since everything has haste on it. Will find something to hit me with slow later and double check that.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-10 13:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's weird. I thought that slow would be lumped into magical haste, so with marches, indi haste, and mighty guard, you could still cap delay even with slowga but that does not seem to be true.
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-12-10 13:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
I'm not sure why these ridiculous haste belts even exist nowadays since everything has haste on it. Will find something to hit me with slow later and double check that.

It's so you could TP in Lustrio +1 ;)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By dustinfoley 2015-12-10 13:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Slow cancels spell haste (and vice versa), and gear haste is capped, so adding more wouldnt compensate for slow anyways if you were already capped.

25% gear haste
44% magic haste

If a 30 % slow lands on you, it means it overwrote a haste spell that was < 30% and you now lose the haste spell, and gain 1.3x delay modification.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-10 13:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
Slow cancels spell haste (and vice versa), and gear haste is capped, so adding more wouldnt compensate for slow anyways if you were already capped.

25% gear haste
44% magic haste

If a 30 % slow lands on you, it means it overwrote a haste spell that was < 30% and you now lose the haste spell, and gain 1.3x delay modification.

Yeah but adding up the magic haste values you'd think you could overpower slow in some way, though not from gear haste.

-30% slow + 30% indi haste + 15% mighty guard + decent marches should bring you close to capped haste again but I feel that I'm still slow as molasses when fighting Selkit with all this up.

Post deleted by User.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-10 13:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm under 3k alex from finishing mine. Major bummer because I thought my timing was going to be perfect lol.
5k + some Nyzul tokens here. Was shooting for 119 by Christmas but it looks like I'll be out of town for a bit longer than I expected next week. Should still finish 75 by then I think.

That's still pretty good. I don't really forsee it being too taxing to 119 it from 75. My original goal was by end of january, but I ended up going a little bit irresponsible with my farming lol. I managed to snag 4 sets of zeni items through the last login campaign on mules but I've never actually done any of them before. I figured I would just farm/sell alex for the scoria. If I can farm 210,000,000g worth of alex in a period of 31 days I'm pretty sure I can handle a few 6M items lol.

I'll probably never do another mythic. This has been such a pain and I have little self control lol :|
By dustinfoley 2015-12-10 13:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant find any reference to how magic haste outside of the spell "haste/haste II" works.

Indi haste/marches counts towards magical haste cap, and can be up when slowed, but do they actually reduce the delay once you are slowed. Or does slow overwrite all forms of magical haste.

IF they all stack it would be like you said and you could cancel a 30% slow via adding other forms of magical haste

-300 slow
+150 mg
+300 indi haste
+300 march

If not then once you get slowed adding indi haste/marches wouldnt speed you up at all.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-12-10 14:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, separate terms. This bgwiki page shows how it's calculated for spells, and I'm pretty sure there's an old test involving Hecatomb gear somewhere on BG that showed gear with slow on it acted as a separate term from any haste.

Clinpachi said: »
That's still pretty good. I don't really forsee it being too taxing to 119 it from 75. My original goal was by end of january, but I ended up going a little bit irresponsible with my farming lol. I managed to snag 4 sets of zeni items through the last login campaign on mules but I've never actually done any of them before. I figured I would just farm/sell alex for the scoria. If I can farm 210,000,000g worth of alex in a period of 31 days I'm pretty sure I can handle a few 6M items lol.

I'll probably never do another mythic. This has been such a pain and I have little self control lol :|

Yeah, I just wanted the 119 to be a Christmas present to myself. It'll just be a little late and I'll still have the 75 in the meantime. I do have my Scoria already and 3 Sarameya popsets stored up, so the 119 process won't take long at all.

I doubt I'll do another mythic either, but part of that is simply a lack of interest in any other mythic or even another job at this point. I spent enough time on jobs I didn't care about in my earlier XI years, I'd rather focus on BLU now. Maybe if I ever make a new alt.

Instead I'll be farming up plates and cinders. Ugh. At least alex is easily farmed solo on your own time.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-10 16:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of the Adhemar/Amalric changes, pretty lackluster update for BLU this time around. However, it does allow me some breathing room on gear updates. I'll get sets updated by the weekend.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-10 20:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt I'll do another mythic either, but part of that is simply a lack of interest in any other mythic or even another job at this point. I spent enough time on jobs I didn't care about in my earlier XI years, I'd rather focus on BLU now. Maybe if I ever make a new alt.

It's funny that you mention that. I only just started playing BLU for the first time about two months ago and it's the most fun I've ever had in this game.

Now that you mention it, I've always been stuck playing jobs for other people up to when I quit 2 years ago. I didn't mind helping out and stuff but I never really did much in terms of what I wanted to do for myself.

I was originally just gonna finish up expansions and quests for a bit then deactivate, but I'm legit having a good time.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-12-10 20:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Because FFXI is fun :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-11 10:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Since fall 2004, I had all the satisfaction I could possibly get from a video game. FFXI might not be a masterpiece every aspect considered, but it is like a single rose in a field of wild grass. Although it took a casual-oriented route with Abyssea and beyond, it always carried that unique adaptive strategizing element. It is such a boon to have many jobs sharing the same main purpose but with different pros and cons for the same situation. It is great that some jobs were shaped by players to be played in a completely different style than what the developers had originally planned. It is pretty amazing I am still having fun after 11 years and BLU had a big part in it in recent years due to being a showcase of the gameplay variety in this game.
By lhova 2015-12-11 13:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
/sigh so I spammed Pakecet... 1 jovian body out of 15 pops. Freakin ridiculously low drop rate. Not to mention we had a thf there with us. 5 Venerian bodies and about 4 or so Triton bodies. 1 cape, 2 bodies dropped.

Anyone else have any experience with Pakecet? Do you have to fight this guy on like a fires day between 22 and 24 game time on a full moon for him to drop Jovian?

What was your setup on Pakecet and strat? I can never get a group going because we'd either be lacking a paladin or a competent blm. I normally would try to go on BLU. Need both body abj but not sure how low man I can go and how hard it will be. Thanks!

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Out_of_the_BLU#Pakecet

Video and all.

I just did it to help out a BLU this weekend. They were not equipped to nuke or anything so they subbed WHM and cured and -naed the PLD.

So BLU BLU BLU GEO COR PLD was fine.

As long as you have GEO and PLD the rest is w/e.

GEO PLD RDM SCH BLM BLM, GEO PLD COR BLU BLU BLM or WHM, etc. Very easy.

Yeah now I know why you need geo or fail. His magic evasion is off the charts.

Post deleted by User.
By lhova 2015-12-13 10:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh so I spammed Pakecet... 1 jovian body out of 15 pops. Freakin ridiculously low drop rate. Not to mention we had a thf there with us. 5 Venerian bodies and about 4 or so Triton bodies. 1 cape, 2 bodies dropped.

Anyone else have any experience with Pakecet? Do you have to fight this guy on like a fires day between 22 and 24 game time on a full moon for him to drop Jovian?

What was your setup on Pakecet and strat? I can never get a group going because we'd either be lacking a paladin or a competent blm. I normally would try to go on BLU. Need both body abj but not sure how low man I can go and how hard it will be. Thanks!

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Out_of_the_BLU#Pakecet

Video and all.

I just did it to help out a BLU this weekend. They were not equipped to nuke or anything so they subbed WHM and cured and -naed the PLD.

So BLU BLU BLU GEO COR PLD was fine.

As long as you have GEO and PLD the rest is w/e.

GEO PLD RDM SCH BLM BLM, GEO PLD COR BLU BLU BLM or WHM, etc. Very easy.

Yeah now I know why you need geo or fail. His magic evasion is off the charts.

Not as bad as Vir'avas.

Focus, Malaise, Warlocks, and a Crepe and you should be good.

We tried Pakecet with a group of 8 (probably shouldn't have exceeded a group of 6) and we couldn't beat it in 15 mins... We had an Idris Geo, BLM, SCH, PLD, WHM (mule)me on BLU, Run and a SMN. I was wearing nuke set and also using light spells, Subduction, Blinding, etc and my spells were doing ***. I also was using pear crepes.

Prior to getting a Geo we tried him and my subductions would do 256 on avg and with the Geo I was doing about double that with some 2000 plus subductions getting off. Even with BA/Blinding it would only do about 1000. I believe the Geo was using magic evasion and magic defense down, but I just couldn't get why my spells (also the BLM and SmN weren't really doing a lot of damage either).

SMN had Nirvana and Master level and all the other players were very well geared as well so didn't understand why we sucked. We literally timed out and it was probably at 40%. When I watched the video you posted the BLU was ravishing Pakecet and I don't think there was even a focus on SC/MB.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-13 10:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you answered your own question with the 8 people vs 6. I'm not entirely certain though as I have minimal experience with this newest stuff yet.

:X
By lhova 2015-12-13 11:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think 2 additional members would scale his hp and magic evasion that significantly. I know that it scales up past 6 but damn!
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-13 11:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You also mentioned black Mage and summoner weren't doing much damage and u can drop the rune as well. Setup is all over the place. Paladin geo u , a scholar get a cor for magic accuracy and magic attack white Mage and should win this easily.

If 7th and 8th member needs a item just invite them back when their item of choice drops. And let them trade pop to blue or paladin.
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-12-13 11:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think 2 additional members would scale his hp and magic evasion that significantly. I know that it scales up past 6 but damn!

Wait, Escha Gaes Fete NMs DO actually SCALE with the amount of players you throw at it? I've been telling people the opposite, because I didn't read anything saying they did scale.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-13 11:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

HP scales for groups above 6, but I'm pretty sure that's the only thing that changes.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-13 11:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The increase in HP from going past 6 is VERY significant. To my understanding, each person past 6 affects the scaling, not just a static amount from 7-12 or 13-18. If you're having issues with a fight, you'll most likely need to drop people not quite ready for the fight yet. When everybody has their gear and are able to carry some of the less geared players, you can bring them back in. My group recently had to do this for Old Shuck in Reisen, as the HP gain was colossal from having 6 more and those 6 really couldn't contribute as much. It sucks to do, but it's better to clear the content for some than not clear it for everyone.

As for your individual issue, it absolutely sounds like a problem with magic accuracy. I'd take the time to really focus on improving your macc within your set, and the sets of your other nukers, before trying again.
By lhova 2015-12-13 11:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm getting that the main fail was that I brought more than 6. On my server it is very hard to get ideal jobs for content and when ls members offer to help I feel bad turning anyone away. We could have had people jump into the party and or traded pops so that they could still get loot but again I didn't think 8 would make that much of a difference.

I'm really considering going to Asura actually. Lakshmi is pretty dead outside of JPs and triboxers and when I selected that server on the forums page it was breathtaking to see the constant shouts for content. I miss those days but I do have a connection with people and a server that I've been on for over 10 years.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-13 11:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You can clear Vir'ava with 8 quite easily if you're geared for it. My very first clear on it was with 11. Your main issue was not the amount of people, but the lack of necessary gear for the fight. Vir'ava is absurdly evasive, both physically and magically, so your gear needs to be quite strong to manage it. I'd suggest you either focus on gear improvement for a while, or try it again with the GEO doing focus/languor rather than focus/malaise.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-13 11:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I came to Asura a few days ago. Over 1000 people online now. On Siren you barely saw 200-300 people sometimes. Big difference for me for sure. If you are looking to continue playing for the foreseeable future and actually want to see other people doing things or fill shout groups fast, Asura is the best option.

I haven't joined a linkshell yet but I've been busy mythic grinding.
By lhova 2015-12-13 12:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
You can clear Vir'ava with 8 quite easily if you're geared for it. My very first clear on it was with 11. Your main issue was not the amount of people, but the lack of necessary gear for the fight. Vir'ava is absurdly evasive, both physically and magically, so your gear needs to be quite strong to manage it. I'd suggest you either focus on gear improvement for a while, or try it again with the GEO doing focus/languor rather than focus/malaise.

We weren't doing that mob, we were doing Pakecet. i need abjs from him. My gear is pretty decent (to this point) but the other members that were with me were really decked out. His magic evasion was just off the charts.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-13 12:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, just woke up so I was all over the place. Do you have specifics on their gear? Because if they are really decked out, magic acc shouldn't be an issue, especially with an Idris GEO.
By lhova 2015-12-13 12:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Sorry, just woke up so I was all over the place. Do you have specifics on their gear? Because if they are really decked out, magic acc shouldn't be an issue, especially with an Idris GEO.

Yeah I don't have there gear but the players are really competent and I know that they have the best gear possible. Just couldn't understand how our nukes weren't doing anything especially mines. Here is my gearset.

ItemSet 336084

I'm also 1300/2100 JP's and I was using magic att bonus spell set with Tenebral for mag acc. Ate pear crepes and my gear is max rank. My Hagondes does suck though, hence the reason I'm trying to get abj's to upgrade.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-13 12:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Some improvements I could see right away for more macc would be sanctity necklace from Quetzalcoatl or even just eddy necklace from Shark delve, amalric slops with the abjuration from Naphula, AF3 boots, ghastly tathlum +1, herculean helm with macc augments from Oryx, and possibly a macc earring, such as gwati earring to replace Hecate's if you're still struggling.

My first suggestion, though, is to go back and try with the GEO doing focus and languor and see how that helps.
First Page 2 3 ... 237 238 239 ... 446 447 448