Does Anyone Main WHM Anymore?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Does anyone main WHM anymore?
Does anyone main WHM anymore?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-05-09 14:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I'm hot ***. You're coming to Nyzul on BRD from now on Senk. Ok? Ok.
I didn't mean you, I meant people back on Carbuncle ;; Please don't make me come Bard, you don't want to see this ;;
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-05-09 14:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You probably rip through stuff better than me as it is. :P
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-05-09 14:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

That's SAM with a Polearm for you, puting some 2008 in your 2012, hop hop.
 Fenrir.Camaroz
Server: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2012-05-09 14:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Sylph.Kiaru said: »
most boring mage in the game(WHM)
I don't find it boring at all unless I'm standing around doing nothing.

White mage was already fun for me, but I can only imagine what it would be like to have a Mjolnir and an optimal Mystic Boon gearset. Granted it would be situational in scarcity at best, but it would most certainly be fun.

Well its amazing, can get away with a lot of things most other jobs cannot and deal a severe amount of damage as well. I thoroughly enjoy all aspects of whm.

most boring mage in the game(WHM) You've obviously never used hexastrike
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-09 15:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camaroz said: »
Artemicion said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Sylph.Kiaru said: »
most boring mage in the game(WHM)
I don't find it boring at all unless I'm standing around doing nothing.

White mage was already fun for me, but I can only imagine what it would be like to have a Mjolnir and an optimal Mystic Boon gearset. Granted it would be situational in scarcity at best, but it would most certainly be fun.

Well its amazing, can get away with a lot of things most other jobs cannot and deal a severe amount of damage as well. I thoroughly enjoy all aspects of whm.

most boring mage in the game(WHM) You've obviously never used hexastrike
Melee'ing and having hexa and mystic boon brings a whole new aspect of WHM that most people never see or understand, makes it such a great job for me.
[+]
 Fenrir.Meue
user: Meue
By Fenrir.Meue 2012-05-09 15:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Career Whm, but not by choice.
By Mayaku 2012-05-09 15:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I started the game in 2003 with whm. I love my whm. It may just be the nurturer/supportive type personality I have that obviously tends to go so well with the job. I also have a 90 ukon that I enjoy very much, but it is still nothing like being on whm for me.

I have an insane amount of macros and gear sets. Fast cast precast set, idle, hmp, cure pot, enmity down, haste, enhancing/elemental barspells, healing and divine sets, and I sit at 76/80 on main inv lol..

My most favorite pieces that I have are the Cleric's Pantaloons +2 with the shellra augment, my Heka's Kalasiris that I finallllyyyy gotttt!! (think I gave Cheech a mini stroke at 3am over that...), my Zenith Pumps with cure cast time -7%!, and the new Swith Cape that I have been able to make and sign for myself and a few of my besties :D <3

Things I'm working on right now: full healing(for cursna) and enhancing(for boost spells & barspells) magic skill sets including obtaining that Beneficus club, and a Yagrush :3

I'm a /SCH lover. Some whms still don't understand it, or just don't like using it, but I can't imagine playing without it. Just having light arts active, it grants a bonus to all your whm magic skills to a B+ lvl, reduces mp costs and recast times, and acession is just awesome. Penury and Celerity are good to have in a pinch, too. If you're a whm with no rdm in pt, as most are now, Sublimation also works just as well. The gains from /rdm and esp /blm just don't top that of /sch imo..

There's a lot of whms out there that have recently just burned the job, and it's harder to put trust in someone that's supposed to keep you alive these days when they have so little experience. You wouldn't think its hard to cast cure, but it's amazing some don't understand distance from AoE range, or when to cure, or when not to be buffing themselves. I've run into whms that don't know what solace does and don't use it, or they don't know they have to cast cursna more than once in order to try taking doom off.... It drives me crazy <.<

So, /highfive to all my fellow career whms that still love playing this job after almost 10 years!! lol xD
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-05-09 15:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Paladin is my first love, white mage is my second :D

(I suck at both, though :<)
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-05-09 15:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Meue said: »
Career Whm, but not by choice.

She was too stubborn :/
By Jetackuu 2012-05-09 15:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've put my whm on hold for ages, it was my first 75 (unintentionally, was bet at some point lol) I'm aiming to go back to it after I get Mjollnir. Yeah I want to be a crazy whm melee.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-09 15:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I've put my whm on hold for ages, it was my first 75 (unintentionally, was bet at some point lol) I'm aiming to go back to it after I get Mjollnir. Yeah I want to be a crazy whm melee.
Working on the club right now, was a choice between that or yagrush and honestly I don't want to start on the yagrush quest right now x.x

I'll put it off til later!~
By Jetackuu 2012-05-09 15:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't done anything for Salvage v1 or assaults, plus I have no current interest in voidwatch so groups were out of the question, I just want to bash stuff in the face with a club.

I have a long way to go, especially if I keep screwing up my axe trials on bst.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2012-05-09 15:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd consider myself a main whm. I take the job very seriously and gear it to my best. I don't think it's dying :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-05-09 16:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I main all of the jobs that I play, including WHM.
 Siren.Sugarpanda
By Siren.Sugarpanda 2012-05-09 16:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well looks like I have been proven wrong :o
Why is it so hard to find one then?
When you say to people "who is coming as whm?" no one suddenly have whm geared anymore lol
By Jetackuu 2012-05-09 16:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

oh I don't have my gear anymore, and none of it was any good, I need to really gear all my jobs tbh, and my whm is 75 still.

/sad
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-05-09 16:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm WHM/BST more often than WHM/anythingelse.

/rdm, /blm, /sch, yeah they all add in nice tools to use, but none of it is really necessary for anything in this game(besides Legion I suppose). Most of the time, I'm too lazy to switch out of my /bst sub from my dyna run and it hardly shows a difference. You can already cap out -cure casting time as /bst and you won't run out of mp 95% of the time, so /rdm is practically useless and /sch is almost useless. /sch is just there for the extra enhancing skill; I can't cap out boost-spells without it. There's also AoE stoneskin, but that's useful for the adl fight and what else?

Of course, /bst has the biggest benefit. It allows you to be lazy and not change subs between your daily dyna run.

Still, I would love to be given an opportunity to use my whm to its full potential, but that doesn't currently exist in this game, outside of Legion, which is meh anyways.
 Cerberus.Sevvy
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-05-09 16:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of folks. Usually they're WHMs from beginning to end, with other jobs they only play to have a little fun. That's my experience at least.

THHHATSSS ME!
By Smurfite 2012-05-09 16:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Whm is one of those jobs you either love or hate. Some people level it, then don't like the responsibility of keeping everyone alive, then "retire" the job. I abyssea burned whm from the hate for so many horrible whm I crossed paths with. Love it so much now wish I had a yagrush, but will settle for building mjollnir next.
 Siren.Sugarpanda
By Siren.Sugarpanda 2012-05-09 16:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

See I played WHM as my 1st job and then I was stuck as whm on all events for at least 3 years... Now if you see me on whm we are being extremely desperate since I am so burned out of that job.
I dunno... I just find that I am missing in action if I can't go hit the mob or at least nuke it.
 Fenrir.Camaroz
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2012-05-09 16:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

that's why there's now new and improved Holy 2 :)
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-05-09 16:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camaroz said: »
that's why there's now new and improved Holy 2 :)
what is the maxs for holy 2 as a whm now in dmg i mean.

Ragnarok.Anye said: »
Paladin is my first love, white mage is my second :D

(I suck at both, though :<)
pld is the same for me,but the 2ed part is not the same for me i play most of all the classes i play fairly well. but this is when i am geared right.

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
The problem is that most people who have whm leveled and geared are not "good" whms. They are much better at and prefer to play their other jobs, which is fine. Being a good whm requires that you research every fight you are going to in order to be prepared for debuffs and such, anticipating when you will need to cure, keeping up a haste cycle, etc. and most people do not want that responsibility.
i would not mind thanks btw for reminding me at some point i need to get like 8 levels maybe more on my whm just so i can sub it to level my smn some more bi really like smn at some points.

Siren.Sugarpanda said: »
Well looks like I have been proven wrong :o
Why is it so hard to find one then?
When you say to people "who is coming as whm?" no one suddenly have whm geared anymore lol
i think this is wrong a lot of the whms i see are well geared or are using full noble,that is not that bad of gear any way even today.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-05-09 16:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is that most people who have whm leveled and geared are not "good" whms. They are much better at and prefer to play their other jobs, which is fine. Being a good whm requires that you research every fight you are going to in order to be prepared for debuffs and such, anticipating when you will need to cure, keeping up a haste cycle, etc. and most people do not want that responsibility.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-05-09 17:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sevvy said: »
Lots of folks. Usually they're WHMs from beginning to end, with other jobs they only play to have a little fun. That's my experience at least.

THHHATSSS ME!
You, Mirallia, and Xero. :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-05-09 17:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a job that's easy to get burned out on. If you can stomach it, you're awesome!
 Fenrir.Aleste
user: Aleste
By Fenrir.Aleste 2012-05-09 17:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM main since I started, and still not retired it.

Personally, I think there's more to it(WHM) than other jobs where you just engage-autoattack-odd JA/WS macro.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-05-09 17:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sevvy said: »

THHHATSSS ME!
You, Mirallia, and Xero. :)
Hey! My whm is pretty good :\, though I prefer to be a jack of all trades lol
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-05-09 17:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Career WHM here. Able to spam the crap out of an alliance to keep them alive and bash things good like the rest of them. WHM will never be a true DD in any respect but the numbers on can pull out with the right equips is fun to watch regardless.

The challenge of a class is how hard you want to push it. Soloing on WHM is a lot of fun given how indestructible we can get - we just lack kill speeds.

I do understand the sentiment of good WHMs versus bad WHMs. I'm a Galka WHM and I've seen Mithra WHMs (with full Refresh songs/rolls and spamming the crap out of temps) run out of MP before I even touch my first Ether in VW. It's very depressing to see, really .-.

In terms of Holy II question that was asked earlier, my highest Holy II was inside Abyssea, nuking at around 3.3K using Hell's Guardian and Beyond for my nuking Atmas (sitting with Minikin just for Refresh), a Light Staff, and an Aesthetic's Tonic.
[+]