Darks Are Getting Fast Cast/absorb Adj??!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » darks are getting fast cast/absorb adj??!!
darks are getting fast cast/absorb adj??!!
First Page 2
By veddertehtaco 2012-04-26 06:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

what the title says, just looked into the official forums post this a.m.
honestly this is making me wanna come back seeing how this new road map is "fixing" things I had a beef with for the longest time

Thoughts?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-26 07:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get your hopes up, this is still ffxi we're talking about.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-04-26 07:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I can absorb adjectives now?
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-04-26 07:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Jinjo casts Absorb - Adj. on the Tiamat.
Jinjo receives the effect of Orange.

[+]
By veddertehtaco 2012-04-26 07:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer blue or red myself jinjo and so very (sadly) true austar
oh gg why'd it have to be her
By Solrain 2012-04-27 23:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What... in the heck... is an adj?
[+]
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
Server: Cerberus
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2012-04-27 23:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

He means and Adjustment
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-27 23:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Enuyasha
Server: Carbuncle
user: Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-04-27 23:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

yea...now we just need Divine Magic FC...but lolPLD, lolWHM, and lolRDM :(
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2012-04-27 23:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They already said they were just going to remove the decay on absorb-stat spells, and give DRK a Dark Magic Celerity like BLM when they first mentioned these adjustments way back when.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-04-27 23:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I totally misread this title...

darks are getting faster ... lawl was like huh o.o?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-04-28 00:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Enuyasha said: »
lolWHM

You're probably being sarcastic, but I don't think WHM has been neglected very much lately :p
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-04-28 00:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
lolWHM
You're probably being sarcastic, but I don't think WHM has been neglected very much lately :p
yes i was :P but i was mainly listing jobs with Divine Magic skill. Its amazing that they are giving DRK "Dark Celerity" and someone said removing the decay on absorbs too! Seems my voidwatch DRK is gunna get some lovin when i land my spells :<

btw: what is Absorb-Adj? cant think of a stat off my head that matches that :<
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-28 00:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

lolWHM
yes i was :P but i was mainly listing jobs with Divine Magic skill. Its amazing that they are giving DRK "Dark Celerity" and someone said removing the decay on absorbs too! Seems my voidwatch DRK is gunna get some lovin when i land my spells :<

btw: what is Absorb-Adj? cant think of a stat off my head that matches that :<
The title should be "Darks are getting fast cast absorb adjustments". The op shortened adjustments to adj.
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-04-28 00:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »
lolWHM
yes i was :P but i was mainly listing jobs with Divine Magic skill. Its amazing that they are giving DRK "Dark Celerity" and someone said removing the decay on absorbs too! Seems my voidwatch DRK is gunna get some lovin when i land my spells :< btw: what is Absorb-Adj? cant think of a stat off my head that matches that :<
The title should be "Darks are getting fast cast absorb adjustments". The op shortened adjustments to adj.
thanks :) Moar about these adjustmentz! is it just the decay abolishment?
By fyreus 2012-04-28 13:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't stand navigating the official forums ~_~ that's probably why i can't find it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [128 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Tigredor
Server: Asura
user: Tigredor
By Asura.Tigredor 2012-09-03 13:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So this was supposed to happen by the end of July or something like that if I remember correctly, what ever happened with this?
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2012-09-03 13:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

smn was also supposed to get new avatars by July - august that they then said at the end of August that has been delayed and wasn't gonna happen by august...
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-09-03 14:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The removal of the decay would be appreciated. I can do a +69~ absorb with nether void with Liberator99/Pavor/Chuparrosa. -69 VIT on a target is good for zergs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: xMitosisx
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2012-09-03 14:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

69 is just good in general
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-09-03 14:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain said: »
They already said they were just going to remove the decay on absorb-stat spells, and give DRK a Dark Magic Celerity like BLM when they first mentioned these adjustments way back when.
I really do not understand why would they remove the decay,i think if they did that it would be a big mistake.The decay slowly removes the buffs u steal from mobs.So i do not understand why people want it removed the fact that it is there makes things harder and that is good all around.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-09-03 15:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
I really do not understand why would they remove the decay,i think if they did that it would be a big mistake.The decay slowly removes the buffs u steal from mobs.So i do not understand why people want it removed the fact that it is there makes things harder and that is good all around.

Okay they could just double the potency then.

Whatever floats your boat.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-09-03 15:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause the 1 minute of -20 on a stat is going to make or break a win over the decay to -10~, ive played drk main for years and the only time any absorb spell was useful was absorb-int in the 50 capped cop dragon fight to help sleep stick and nukes not resist

If you want harder, dont bring a sch

Edit: ill admit ive not really used NV for much besides drain, but there arent really any situations that it would make that big a difference, time lost in timed events when you could have put out more dmg in the time it takes to cast than the difference in the 1 minute boost/debuff makes it a lost cause
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-03 15:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it would make the spells marginally useful?

Difficult concept, I know.
 Asura.Tigredor
Server: Asura
user: Tigredor
By Asura.Tigredor 2012-09-04 08:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://dl.square-enix.co.jp/ffxi/US/2012roadmap.jpg

Found it. Right there between July-August under Job-related updates.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
By Ophannus 2012-10-15 19:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get why DRKs would need a fastcast trait for dark magic. All dark spells cast pretty damned quickly (1-3 seconds) except for Aspir II which is 5 seconds. Plus there's a bunch of FC pieces for DRK already like AF3 head/Enif Cosciales. Even if it does decay, a 30-40 STR boost that slowly decays is still rather potent I'd think considering people pay millions of gil for just +1 str.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-10-15 19:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Because casting a spell is stopping anywhere from one to three swings. Some weapons or events you just threw away a whole WS, which is kinda silly when all you got in return was ~300HP or +17 STR for 30 seconds.

It's a bit like why Redemption is a sad joke: You use Quietus to get ODD, but then most of that ODD is making up for the lost WS damage of using Quietus.

Opportunity cost.

They had to buff the hell out of DRG's jumps to make them worth the 2 second JA delay, neh?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-15 20:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Short version: Stop posting.

Long version: That's time not spent meleeing. Absorb spells are almost always a straight loss in DPS even with a perfect Fast Cast set. Liberator, Nether Void + stacking delay, or significantly boosting alliance critrate via Absorb-AGI are the biggest gains and it's still pretty marginal, especially when fully buffed. Said Fast Cast set maxes out at 30%, which is far from "a bunch". It's actually pretty pitiful as casters go; only PLD and NIN get less. BLU gets 38% without trait for non-blue spells, 45% for blue spells. WHM, BLM, RDM, BRD, and SCH all cap (80%) -cast time on at least one type of spell. A large part of DRK's magic arsenal is essentially written off because you're better off just putting a dent in the monster's skull the old-fashioned way.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-10-15 20:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats your FC set look like Night?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-15 20:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect set is AF2+2 head, the new FC neck, Loq Earring, Nebula Houppelande +1/FC+5 ACP body, Prolix Ring, and Enif Cosciales. Mine's not that good, but it's getting there.

Granted there's also additional merits into Dark Seal but the problem with that is that it just adds more JA delay. Even if you're 4/5 to get an additional 30% (assuming 1 in DE), you're not breaking even time-wise by using Dark Seal.
First Page 2