2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Please help me with my Cure macros :/
Please help me with my Cure macros :/
By Cholesterol 2012-04-08 19:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »
Have you tried reformatting it yourself? Just click after every end tag and push enter.

I'm doing that at the moment.

Its easier whilst watching reruns of Cheers on TV lol.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2012-04-08 21:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing a quick search, this is what I came across:

Quote:
Whenever I copy code from a Stack Overflow post and try to paste it into VS or Notepad, all the carriage returns are lost and I have to go through and fix everything. Is there a proper way to do this so the carriage returns are maintained?

Update:
This bug is with Internet Explorer (7 and 8), it seems to work fine in Firefox and Chrome.

Quote:
Update: this specifically has to do with <pre> <code> blocks that are being modified at runtime via JavaScript. The native HTML does render and copy correctly; it's the JavaScript modified version of that HTML which doesn't behave as expected. Note that copying and pasting into WordPad or Word works because IE is putting different content in the rich text clipboard compared to the plain text clipboard that Notepad gets its data from.

Are you using IE 7 or 8? You never answered about that when I mentioned it before.

Edit: Also seems to affect IE 9.
Possible workaround: paste into Wordpad, then copy that and paste into Notepad++.
Edit 2: I just tried it; it copies with line breaks, but loses the indentations.

Seems to be a bug that FFXIAH might be able to fix. Will see about referring them to http://stackoverflow.com/questions/136443/why-doesnt-ie7-copy-precode-blocks-to-the-clipboard-correctly to see if they can patch it up.