Need Help Determining Which Weapons Are Better.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Need help determining which weapons are better.
Need help determining which weapons are better.
 Fenrir.Demonmaniac
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Demonmaniac 2012-03-31 13:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm stuck between 5 different weapons from Relic or Empyrean. Any of these are attainable, and possibly more than one relic. I need some opinions please that consider DPS, Aftermath, and the other status effects, and which Relic is better than the others. Empyreans are really all the same, except Verethragna and Ukonvasara are better.

Verethragna vs Spharai(Aftermath of Subtle Blow)
Caladbolg vs Ragnarok(Aftermath of Crit. Hit rate)
Kannagi vs Kikoku(Aftermath of Subtle Blow)
Masamune vs Amanomurakumo(Aftermath of Store TP)
Almace vs Excalibur(Aftermath of Regen)

Others are definitely out there, but these are my frist choices...any and all constructive opinions are greatly appreciated.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-31 14:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a work for...
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-03-31 14:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Masa is rly good too lol.
 Fenrir.Demonmaniac
By Fenrir.Demonmaniac 2012-03-31 15:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This relates to endgame, so it goes to endgame. Plus, Empyrean, Relic, and Mythic are in this forum, so it goes here.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-31 15:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Verethragna is going to almost always be ahead of Spharai. Exceptions: you can't benefit from Aftermath or can only reasonably benefit from AM1 and the Attack is helping you.
 Bismarck.Caithsith
Server: Bismarck
user: Caithsith
By Bismarck.Caithsith 2012-03-31 15:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Verethragna is going to almost always be ahead of Spharai. Exceptions: you can't benefit from Aftermath or can only reasonably benefit from AM1 and the Attack is helping you.

what you mean im not sure i get the point there
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-31 16:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't reasonably benefit from Aftermath situations: Stuff like Nyzul where you are moving around.

Can't benefit from anything higher than AM1 and the attack on Spharai is helping you: Stuff like Legion, where you wouldn't be constantly getting Dusty Wings to boost your TP (not to mention other things that favor Verethragna like Champion's Drink).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-31 16:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Demonmaniac said: »

This relates to endgame, so it goes to endgame. Plus, Empyrean, Relic, and Mythic are in this forum, so it goes here.
RQT is a catchall for quick questions, it would have been entirely appropriate there.

Ragnarok for sure, as well as Almace. Kannagi vs Kikoku plays out much like Verethragna vs Spharai. There's half a dozen threads in the SAM forums about Masa vs Amano, but basically they both have a place. I would favor Amano if I had to choose only one.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Demonmaniac
By Fenrir.Demonmaniac 2012-03-31 17:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
right now your warrior has no empy/relic/mythic so why not ragnarok? get that MS resolution fun while keeping your drk pampered as well.

Your war couldn't use the caladbolg after all

I don't play Warrior often, but good point.
 Fenrir.Demonmaniac
By Fenrir.Demonmaniac 2012-03-31 18:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys. Here's what I came up with from all the help you guys gave, plus others. These probably aren't 100% accurate, but this is what I came up with.

Verethragna > Spharai - The game consists of Abyssea, VW, Dynamis, and Legion at the moment. Seeing as Abyssea and VW are dominant over the latter, and with Vere still outparsing most other people in nearly everything, that's the way to go.

Ragnarok > Caladbolg - Not only can Warrior use the Ragnarok as well, but the Caladbolg doesn't give the intense crit hit rate and the 2.5 damage that Ragnarok does, making the Ragnarok the winner by far.

Kannagi >= Kikoku - Not much information on this, but it seems that the 3x damaage on the Kikoku can't really compare to the Kannagi's Blade: Hi. Would have to use both and switch out mainhands in certain situations, it seems.

Masamune > Amanomurakumo - With the extra STR, the Masamune gives a 5hit build easier with the extra STR to help Shoha after the Aftermath is built, giving the Masamune an edge on the Amanomurakumo.

Excalibur >= Almace - Yeah BLU can wear an Almace, but this weapon always seems to outparse Almace, with both being at 95. With the Add. Effect, the normal damage on this sword is intense, which could easily outparse Chant, even if it is a better WS.

I think my ultimate decision will be to hit the Ragnarok on relic, and Empyrean for everything else. Thanks for the help guys, and if my final opinion isn't correct, please say something :)
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
Server: Lakshmi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2012-03-31 19:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Masamune > Amanomurakumo - With the extra STR and the higher delay, the Masamune gives a 5hit build easier with the extra STR to help Shoha after the Aftermath is built, giving the Masamune an edge on the Amanomurakumo.

they have the same delay, but amano gets the +8(7?) if you kaiten spam.
edit: once you have the amano it's easier to get to 95 or 99 for the base damage jump over masa
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Demonmaniac
By Fenrir.Demonmaniac 2012-03-31 22:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Vodkaa said: »
Just wanted to point out abyssea is long over so i'm not sure why you would class that as endgame, voidwatch is coming to a end soon also.

Also i hope you can 99 your empys or your going to fall behind 99 relics anyway.

No more temps hopefully in new endgame content.

Abyssea empyrean is still used more than anything else, and if you're saying that it's outdated, then Relic is outdated as well because that's been out many years before empyrean, right?

Also, anything is a possibility at this point, and yes, I don't plan on having any Empyrean lower than 90, if not 95.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-03-31 22:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Masamune > Amanomurakumo - With the extra STR and the higher delay, the Masamune gives a 5hit build easier with the extra STR to help Shoha after the Aftermath is built, giving the Masamune an edge on the Amanomurakumo.

They have the same delay!
Amanomurakumo
Masamune

<3
[+]