Rudra's Storm Build
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-03-23 11:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all,

I'd like some advice on my Rudra's Storm Build. So far its been underwhelming to me compared to Mercy Stroke (though ive only really played with it outside Abyssea and my Manday is 95 compared to my 85 Twashtar).

Well here is my setup stacked with sneak attack:

For TA i have the Rogue Armlets +1 in place of Raider's. But rest is generally the same.

Any constructive tips on improvements would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chaos
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-03-23 11:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Love Torque and TP bonus Moonshade.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-23 11:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

for TA you may be better off with augmented Heca Hands +1
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-03-23 11:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: mentioned Af+1 hands for TA, thought those were the better option. Haven't checked RS set in awhile but isn't Epona's a good option?
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-23 11:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said: »
EDIT: mentioned Af+1 hands for TA, thought those were the better option. Haven't checked RS set in awhile but isn't Epona's a good option?
They only add AGI to TA, and so Heca+1 might be better. Not 100% sure, so someone will have to math it out.
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-03-23 11:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said: »
They only add AGI to TA, and so Heca+1 might be better. Not 100% sure, so someone will have to math it out.

Assuming he's a hume /war, AF1+1 hands should add about 17.4 agi, so 17 agi.

Edit: For RS, I would think Kemas earring would add very little. if TP bonus isn't an option atm, would be worth looking into a dex earring. An attack earring would probably beat out the Kemas as well
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-03-23 11:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the replies. At the moment, a Moonshade isnt something i have but am working towards it. I could change Kemas to Aesir Ear Pendant which has Attack +7 on it.

Neck i could try acquire a Love Torque, will have to see.

Epona's Ring i considered but i find in general i get better numbers with a Thundersoul Ring. Would it be worthwhile taking Rajas out for another Thundersoul?

Thanks for the responses :)
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-03-23 12:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Chaosprime said: »
Thanks for the replies. At the moment, a Moonshade isnt something i have but am working towards it. I could change Kemas to Aesir Ear Pendant which has Attack +7 on it.

Epona's Ring i considered but i find in general i get better numbers with a Thundersoul Ring. Would it be worthwhile taking Rajas out for another Thundersoul?

Could probably get a Pixie earring with little to no effort. Would definitely be better than an Attack +7 earring
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-03-23 12:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i was just looking at what i had at present. On bismark there are no dex rings at all on the AH. Like they dont exist at all :/

So DEX earring/Moonshade (TP Bonus), Athos's Tabard, Athos's Boots? Cant see much else to upgrade tbh

What about the Atheling Mantle compared to say Aife's Mantle?
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-23 12:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Aife's Mantle is a very expensive downgrade.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-03-23 13:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

playing with Montenten's spreadsheet was why i suggested Aife's as according to that it should do better. Not sure

So to recap

Neck: Love Torque
Ear: DEX+3/4 or Moonshade TP+
Body: Athos's Tabard / Or Toci's Harness
Feet: Athos's Boots (thinking about the extra ACC on these compared to Scopuli)

So im guessing more dreaded VW then :/

If anything else needs improving please contribute :)
 Phoenix.Evildemon
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-26 18:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey can someone please post pics of optimal rudra sets for sa, ta, and without either. Not really concerned with gear that just came out this patch. Thinking of doing a twash soon and want to see what gear I should look at getting in the near future or might carry over from other jobs.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-03-28 04:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i see people using the Ele Gorget for the neck, Same for Mercy. Why would that be better than a Justicier's Torque for WS. I havent tested Rudra with a J Torque yet and will do today but from my experience with Mercy at least i get much better SA numbers with J Torque than i do with a Ele Gorget.

Any clarification on this would be appreciated ^^
By Fupafighters 2012-03-28 04:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mcclane said: »

Could probably get a Pixie earring with little to no effort. Would definitely be better than an Attack +7 earring
Lol I can see it now, goes to get a pixie earring and gets a Dring 1/1
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-03-28 09:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fupafighters said: »
Siren.Mcclane said: »

Lol I can see it now, goes to get a pixie earring and gets a Dring 1/1
Funny thing is its gonna happen as well >.>
 Phoenix.Hagino
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2012-03-28 14:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

or you can just sell the pop for kb and buy a jupiter's pearl
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-03-29 10:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Hagino said: »

They dont exist on Bismarck sadly
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-29 22:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Evildemon said: »
Hey can someone please post pics of optimal rudra sets for sa, ta, and without either. Not really concerned with gear that just came out this patch. Thinking of doing a twash soon and want to see what gear I should look at getting in the near future or might carry over from other jobs.

Still looking for a reply please
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-03-29 23:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l7/Jayjs20/Unt1231itled.png

Har har.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-03-30 06:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l7/Jayjs20/Unt1231itled.png

Har har.

And yet i never see any on the AH :P
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-04-07 10:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

for Rudra's Storm and Mercy Stroke, what would be the best legs stacked out of the following 3, Whirwind Dirs, Athos's Tights, Heca Subliger's +1, and how would they order?

Would the item of choice change for a stacked TA or would it remain the same order as SA?

Thanks in advance!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [219 days between previous and next post]
By itchi508 2012-11-12 09:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/253039 rudra set using Dakka +2 , Rcb but my testing is usually with AC up i mostly go for spiked dmg and inc tripp att dmg rather than most that just doin SA w/ tipple attack % as to when i am thf im there for TH so gear swoping will break the TH sadly but in aby on exp mobs doin 9-10k, NMs pushng 8-9 never broke 10 on a NM yet, and have spiked 4-5k in dyna on ep mobs again tho this is all on thf w/ SA behind it and my rudras is built for Inc tripp att dmg and crit. i havnt done much in dnc i def give high five to those dnc that are pulling high numbers i just havnt took the time to dnc rudra.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-11-12 21:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that hurt my eyes.
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-12 21:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of the fact it's been 6+ months since anyone cared, if you're using Sneak Attack why use those legs, head, and neck?

Edit - and ammo, ring, earring, body...
 Asura.Loneshadow
Server: Asura
By Asura.Loneshadow 2012-11-18 04:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Current set..

Using 2nd Jupiter's over Moonshade at 300tp.

Would Cavaros Mantle and Athos Legs beat Atheling/Hecatomb+1?
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-18 05:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/253039 rudra set using Dakka +2 , Rcb but my testing is usually with AC up i mostly go for spiked dmg and inc tripp att dmg rather than most that just doin SA w/ tipple attack % as to when i am thf im there for TH so gear swoping will break the TH sadly but in aby on exp mobs doin 9-10k, NMs pushng 8-9 never broke 10 on a NM yet, and have spiked 4-5k in dyna on ep mobs again tho this is all on thf w/ SA behind it and my rudras is built for Inc tripp att dmg and crit. i havnt done much in dnc i def give high five to those dnc that are pulling high numbers i just havnt took the time to dnc rudra.

Er lol?
 Asura.Escorian
Server: Asura
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-11-18 05:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
itchi508 said: »

Er lol?
no not lol since the gms/devs on ffxi have stated that to be true. atleast about the th.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-18 06:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah...It's so dumb that they've basically killed Raider's/Rogue's Armlets special stat for SATA when you're looking for TH, because you have to SATA in the Assassin's Armlets instead.

Of course, since you can't stack Feint and SATA on a WS you probably wouldn't stack Rudra's all that often in that case since you would want SA/TA + Feint on a normal hit. As far as I know only the initial hit of feint gets that TH bonus and not the evasion down duration.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-18 06:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear swapping doesnt break the TH its still on the mob you simply have a slightly reduced chance at leveling up TH. On harder stuff you will only be tagging the mobs anyway SEs tests showed a reduced benefit from TH9+.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-18 07:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

"Slighty" is wrong, actually, so far testing has shown that a difference of 2 TH levels causes the TH increase rate to decrease to like 1/10. Ultimately it's up to you and your group to decide whether its appropriate to be using full TH gear or have the THF be doing DPS though.
First Page 2