users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Armed Gears
Armed Gears
 Cerberus.Lightvision
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2012-03-12 11:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

i just killed armed gears however took longer than it usually takes me, i solo it on PLD/RDM and this time is the first since december. now i know it should do the following:-

* Loses a gear at 49% HP. Its defense and magic defense also diminish.
* Loses a second gear at 24% HP, further diminishing its defense and magic defense.

however this didnt happen enspell damage kept doing 11 dammage to AG, but should have increased, melee damage remained doing 9-11 damage, CDC never done over 128 damage, should have increased after DEF deminishes, Atonement was doing constant 180-185 which was kinda strange since i have seen it do more before gears disapear.

has anyone noticed this odd behaviour recently? has SE changed something? or is it just a freak of nature glitch?
 Asura.Myrrh
Server: Asura
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-03-12 11:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

YOU'RE CRAZY!!!
 Phoenix.Neosutra
Server: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-03-12 11:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Requiscat goes through it's damage resistance from the start. 1k-1600 damage from 100% to 0.

Also, haven't noticed it not losing it's damage mitigation after losing gears..
By Quiznor 2012-03-12 12:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

My last armed gears was around 3 weeks ago and the problem you had never happened to me.It lost its usual gear @49% and again at 24%,dropping its DEF/MDEF/DT- considerably each time,as always.

I was PLD/WAR (we had a 4man group) and it was business as usual.2 things though I'm just wondering (although they wont affect what happened to you in any way,I'm just wondering.

1.Was your enspell from /RDM or was it enlight? I never tried enlight because of the "must use ele its weak to".

2.That Requiscat thing is a nice idea,I never thought to try that when I was fighting it.I know it bypasses most damage shield and all that,but it never occured to me.Will use that next time!
 Caitsith.Crunch
Server: Caitsith
user: CrumbD
By Caitsith.Crunch 2012-03-12 12:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I 2boxed pld and whm about 2 weeks ago. Was taking 10ish dmg from melee the entire time. Used req for decent ws dmg though.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-12 12:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It glitched. It does that every once in awhile.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2012-03-12 13:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
1.Was your enspell from /RDM or was it enlight? I never tried enlight because of the "must use ele its weak to".

i didnt use enlight as it was never in dark mode always used opposite element
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-03-12 13:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It only takes more dmg when it actually has a en spell on the gears, once you are past 50% and drops a gear you can nuke any element for full dmg, but not the element its casting, I suggest ice.
By Quiznor 2012-03-12 13:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Arcahic machinery weak to ice and all that!
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2012-03-12 13:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Deadplaything said: »
It only takes more dmg when it actually has a en spell on the gears, once you are past 50% and drops a gear you can nuke any element for full dmg, but not the element its casting, I suggest ice.

i know this plus

Cerberus.Lightvision said: »
i solo it on PLD/RDM