Link | Quote | Reply

im just suming it up

weapons:
2x str dagger until ican get mandau or qilin dagger done

Gear:
Drop the wastefull noobie mistke hands
Brego glvoes instead
and use kuraca feet +1 (both tp and ws)

its gonna be a quick improvement on thief ?
 Phoenix.Hagino
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2012-03-10 08:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

you can cap haste using relic +2 feet with those gloves, more triple attack/triple attack damage + double attack. Basically the trade off is some attack from gloves for triple attack +3% and damage +2% and double attack +3%.

I think the trade off is worth it. Especially with the +35 att boost from mandau and food.
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2012-03-10 08:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well to be honest I'd only go brego gloves if you have the relic +2 feet, otherwise i'd stick with like homam feet/raiders +2 hands, i did that until recently.
 Fenrir.Frobos
Server: Fenrir
user: Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2012-03-10 09:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Raider's Armlets +2 and Athos's Boots instead of Brego and Kacura Leggings +1 for TP. So two voidwatch drops which aren't too bad to get. Kacura Leggings +1 are good for evisceration though. If you would rather not do the voidwatch for Athos's then switch Kacura feet out for Homam/Ryuga feet.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-03-10 09:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
im just suming it up

weapons:
2x str dagger until ican get mandau or qilin dagger done

Gear:
Drop the wastefull noobie mistke hands
Brego glvoes instead
and use kuraca feet +1 (both tp and ws)

its gonna be a quick improvement on thief ?

Also a better neck, no ammo swapping, demonry ring in place of rajas.
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2012-03-10 09:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree athos boots are good, high but not top piece imho
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-03-10 09:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Hagino said: »
I agree athos boots are good, high but not top piece imho

Pretty much the 2nd best TP feet after AF2+2 with haste hands combo.
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2012-03-10 09:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
Hagino, as further improvement to your TP set you basically mean completing Mandau, or am I missing something?

Also...Thaumus body is something i'd swap raider's body for as well :3

currently only been able to hit floor 80 :(
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-03-10 09:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't even bothered with neo nyzul yet. Waiting on SE to "Barance" it some.
[+]
 Fenrir.Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2012-03-10 09:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

While we're on the subject of TP sets...

Whatcha think about this TP set? I seem to fair pretty well with it.

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-03-10 09:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont consider a neck change and VW to take that much time, its quicker to do 20 qilin runs over doing a ToM dagger.

Its just the weird odds and ends that have/do and the wanting quick effortless improvements you're looking to do. THF is my main so I kind of don't like it when people just kind of "meh" it. I'm not sure why you're doing mandau though since it doesnt seem like you're that committed to the job. You dont even want to gear swap. I havent even listed the MDT evasion or any of my other random gear sets (regen for dynamis and idle)

just a heads up though my nin isnt a slouch either so don't i hope you dont think im some one kind of one trick pony. I dont know what hours you play because we're on the same server. But if you can catch me on during JP hours I can show you how the job is done if you're interested.

Don't feel as if I'm attacking you, Just think of it as constructive criticism. If you see that there is anything wrong with my gear please do point it out so i can improve upon it.

I totally understand that you thief is main so you have another perspective.
bit I'm just now actually trying to do something for my thf job.
and i bet that you at sometime also where using lesser gear than you have now.
War was once my main but its kinda in the closet atm. but that didn't stop me from giving advice on quick gear improvement to get while you are working on greater sets.

my problem with VW is that i don't have city wins yet.. and so far the best i ever got in a chest are silve mirrors :-(.

I don't think if people as a one trick pony. also i rather don't give much about their gear. you can have the best gear by following advice and non understand why. and have crappy gear and not even the job opened and still know the math behind it.

i really only value ppl on thier arguments on advice.... does it make sense or not.

regarding gear swaps.
as i said above wanting to do is due to lack of playing skills.. not lack of dedication.

I've tried it when i started to go from simple dd to tanking and never got the hang of it. gave up. really never used mdt/pdt swaps since (lolaby)

but i can see that for a longtime i've been used to csting shadows while nm is casting nukega's so i have shadows up for first tp swing. so I'm guessing i could actually go back to doing mdt gear swaps.

anyway i have a huge dedication when it comes to grinding. i just have a realization of my lack of playing skills.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-03-10 09:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Frobos said: »

You don't need the Coruscanti. Give it to me. Looks good. If you have Relic feet +2 though you could probably switch back to af3 head/body, sacrificing some DEX/DA for more TA/TA dmg
 Fenrir.Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2012-03-10 09:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need any wins to get any gear. Just keep trying and you'll get the piece that you're aiming for... eventually. Plus with tickets coming that might be an option for you too.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-03-10 09:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont consider a neck change and VW to take that much time, its quicker to do 20 qilin runs over doing a ToM dagger.

Its just the weird odds and ends that have/do and the wanting quick effortless improvements you're looking to do. THF is my main so I kind of don't like it when people just kind of "meh" it. I'm not sure why you're doing mandau though since it doesnt seem like you're that committed to the job. You dont even want to gear swap. I havent even listed the MDT evasion or any of my other random gear sets (regen for dynamis and idle)

just a heads up though my nin isnt a slouch either so don't i hope you dont think im some one kind of one trick pony. I dont know what hours you play because we're on the same server. But if you can catch me on during JP hours I can show you how the job is done if you're interested.

Don't feel as if I'm attacking you, Just think of it as constructive criticism. If you see that there is anything wrong with my gear please do point it out so i can improve upon it.

I totally understand that you thief is main so you have another perspective.
bit I'm just now actually trying to do something for my thf job.
and i bet that you at sometime also where using lesser gear than you have now.
War was once my main but its kinda in the closet atm. but that didn't stop me from giving advice on quick gear improvement to get while you are working on greater sets.

my problem with VW is that i don't have city wins yet.. and so far the best i ever got in a chest are silve mirrors :-(.

I don't think if people as a one trick pony. also i rather don't give much about their gear. you can have the best gear by following advice and non understand why. and have crappy gear and not even the job opened and still know the math behind it.

i really only value ppl on thier arguments on advice.... does it make sense or not.

regarding gear swaps.
as i said above wanting to do is due to lack of playing skills.. not lack of dedication.

I've tried it when i started to go from simple dd to tanking and never got the hang of it. gave up. really never used mdt/pdt swaps since (lolaby)

but i can see that for a longtime i've been used to csting shadows while nm is casting nukega's so i have shadows up for first tp swing. so I'm guessing i could actually go back to doing mdt gear swaps.

anyway i have a huge dedication when it comes to grinding. i just have a realization of my lack of playing skills.

You need to cheer up a bit. Nobody started out perfect right off the bat. I, for one, only realized the importance of macro swaps after a year of playing, so yea.

If by lack of skill you mean struggling with controlling your main char while you dual box, I guess I can understand that. I don't DB. If, however, you are afraid of managing too many macros on one char alone, then don't be. Everyone learned how to do it and everyone does it. Just do it until you get used to it and you will not regreat it.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-10 09:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If, however, you are afraid of managing too many macros on one char alone, then don't be. Everyone learned how to do it and everyone does it.
lol, yeah right
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-03-10 09:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
If, however, you are afraid of managing too many macros on one char alone, then don't be. Everyone learned how to do it and everyone does it.
lol, yeah right

Shhhh, I was trying to be constructive >_>
[+]
 Fenrir.Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2012-03-10 09:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need the Coruscanti. Give it to me. Looks good. If you have Relic feet +2 though you could probably switch back to af3 head/body, sacrificing some DEX/DA for more TA/TA dmg

But the triple attack damage bonus from feet seems to be, from what I've read, a 2-3% increase, which seems pretty small, at least outside of abyssea. Inside will definitely be a different story. There's just so much strength in that set. :X Inside, with the crit damage boost on top of high triple attack rate, and triple attack damage boost from Demonry Ring +5% and feet +2-3%.

So it's a matter of, haste, agility and evasion aside:
Raider's Bonnet +2 - +12 Accuracy, +3% TA
Raider's Vest +2 - +10 DEX, +5 Dagger Skill
Assassin Poulaines +2 - +7 DEX, +3% TA, +2-3% TA DMG Bonus

over...

Oce. Headpiece +1 - +13 DEX
Toci's Harness - +13 STR, +13 DEX, +10 Accuracy, +10 Attack, +3% DA, +3% TA (set bonus)
Athos's Feet - +10 DEX, +5 Accuracy

12 Accuracy, +17 DEX, +5 Dagger Skill, +6% TA, +2-3% TA DMG Bonus
vs.
+15 Accuracy, +10 Attack, +13 STR, +36 DEX, +3% TA, +3% DA

It feels like I'm sacrificing a lot for 3% TA and a small boost to TA DMG. :X
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-03-10 09:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

af2+2 legs beat kuraca+1 ?
 Fenrir.Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2012-03-10 09:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

AF2+2 Feet for TP (as long as you wear haste hands to cap haste IE Brego or Homam). Use Kacura +1 Feet for evisceration. Assuming you're using +2 Empyrean head, body and legs too.

Tried to edit and quoted myself. Too tired I think.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-03-10 09:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

brego + af2 for tp it is and str/str dagger

TY for the help

stil anyone that can explain while i would use raiders above brutal it just doesnt math out to me its seems like using iga earring instead of suppa.
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2012-03-10 09:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

But the triple attack damage bonus from feet seems to be, from what I've read, a 2-3% increase, which seems pretty small, at least outside of abyssea. Inside will definitely be a different story. There's just so much strength in that set. :X Inside, with the crit damage boost on top of high triple attack rate, and triple attack damage boost from Demonry Ring +5% and feet +2-3%.

So it's a matter of, haste, agility and evasion aside:
Raider's Bonnet +2 - +12 Accuracy, +3% TA
Raider's Vest +2 - +10 DEX, +5 Dagger Skill
Assassin Poulaines +2 - +7 DEX, +3% TA, +2-3% TA DMG Bonus

over...

Oce. Headpiece +1 - +13 DEX
Toci's Harness - +13 STR, +13 DEX, +10 Accuracy, +10 Attack, +3% DA, +3% TA (set bonus)
Athos's Feet - +10 DEX, +5 Accuracy

12 Accuracy, +17 DEX, +5 Dagger Skill, +6% TA, +2-3% TA DMG Bonus
vs.
+15 Accuracy, +10 Attack, +13 STR, +36 DEX, +3% TA, +3% DA

It feels like I'm sacrificing a lot for 3% TA and a small boost to TA DMG. :X

I'll take the TA from the af set over the other stats, thats my opinion, i'll have to post up my math from when i did it. It's hard to compare though because I dont have the HQ qilin dagger (0/60+) and do not know how much the severe damage works. As far as im concerned though i hit like a truck.

tangent. Here is my brd tp set lololol

Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-10 09:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

stil anyone that can explain while i would use raiders above brutal it just doesnt math out to me its seems like using iga earring instead of suppa.
you shouldn't. brutal/suppa for tp.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-10 10:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need any wins to get any gear. Just keep trying and you'll get the piece that you're aiming for... eventually. Plus with tickets coming that might be an option for you too.

Tickets aren't really going to change anything. You'll only be able to take a ticket for items you already have in your posession. Since people don't tend to fight NMs after they have have the prize, and most are at the point where they're paying per voidstone, and more VW coming out ...
[+]
 Fenrir.Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2012-03-10 10:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »

Tickets aren't really going to change anything. You'll only be able to take a ticket for items you already have in your posession. Since people don't tend to fight NMs after they have have the prize, and most are at the point where they're paying per voidstone, and more VW coming out ...

So... tickets won't... get you gear? I don't understand what you're saying. So the tickets are being added to make no difference? I said it might be an option. Maybe he'll stumble upon some tickets for sale. Maybe somebody from a run gets two Athos's Boots in a row. There's a ticket. Again, it might be an option if he's willing to pay for it.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-03-10 10:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So... tickets won't... get you gear? I don't understand what you're saying. So the tickets are being added to make no difference? I said it might be an option. Maybe he'll stumble upon some tickets for sale. Maybe somebody from a run gets two Athos's Boots in a row. There's a ticket. Again, it might be an option if he's willing to pay for it.

iirc, you will need 3(?) tickets to obtain the actual item, and given how R/Ex gear sells, the price of each ticket will be somewhat monstrous. Sure, it will be an option should anyone going for a different drop out of a NM get any doubles/triples of something they already own, but really, it's a half assed solution SE came up with to prolong VW as much as possible until they are done butchering their magic hat to pull out another rabbit.
 Fenrir.Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2012-03-10 10:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

iirc, you will need 3(?) tickets to obtain the actual item, and given how R/Ex gear sells, the price of each ticket will be somewhat monstrous. Sure, it will be an option, should anyone going for a different drop out of a NM get any doubles/triples of something they already own, but really, it's a half assed solution SE came up with to prolong VW as much as possible until they are done butchering their magic hat to pull out another rabbit.

Oh I definitely agree. I didn't mean to come off so rude Sylow. I think I'm just stupid crabby today.
 Fenrir.Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2012-03-10 10:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

20 mil a ticket for Athos body go!
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2012-03-10 10:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

pfft athos body isnt that hard to get compared to the stupid dagger. I know you have it but friggin killing me with gorgets boots and NQ daggers.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-03-10 10:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

brego + af2 for tp it is and str/str dagger

TY for the help

well if its THF just for abyssea you can also just do 1 STR/Triplus when you work on Mandau anyways. STR trials kinda suck cause they take some days to finish (cause like no fire weather exist and you can only go on firesday lol) and, atleast on cerberus, they cost alot to make. (flame geodes going from 30-50k, depending how many up/beeing bought) so yea if you dont want to build a 2nd (later useless weapon for thf) then you could just stick to 1STR dagger and use Triplus and still try some Qilins for boots and NQ dagger :)

Relic+2 legs are some nice evis pants but kacura +1 > relic+2

and i guess this guy who mentioned raiders he ment for WS to use one of those instat of crit hit+1 earring