Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 859 860 861
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-10-20 01:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just trying to figure out when to set my alarm haha. Feel like getting up in the morning and doing Dynamis because I haven't done it today yet. Was thinking it was 10am EST until the next time change, but was wrong I guess.
 Shiva.Kolossuss
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kolossuss 2012-10-20 02:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have XML rules written for automatically using food when your current food wears? I've looked at a lot of XML's, and have only seen it once. Unfortunately, I can't remember where. Also, I'm assuming it's going to be working with an autoexec rule, since it's having to monitor the chat log for food buffs wearing. I'm primarily looking for this information to use with my SMN skill up XML, so I can have it automatically reuse magic skill up food.

Thanks in advance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Revayne
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Revane
By Quetzalcoatl.Revayne 2012-10-20 04:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be the best magian path Great Axe to make for Upheaval? May be a dumb question with the VIT mod and all, but wondering if maybe TP Bonus would be better.
 Lakshmi.Raksha
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Raksha 2012-10-20 09:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

STR is likely better than vit. tp bonus looks like garbage. only 116 DMG, and does nothing for you at all during tp phase.

I'd say STR > VIT > AH g.axe.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-20 09:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Magian GAXES are in general rather ***compared to other weapons, it seems..
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-10-20 09:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically Ukon is a magian Gaxe...
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-20 09:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Still does'nt change the fact that most other ones "suck" :P
 Phoenix.Milra
Server: Phoenix
user: Milra
By Phoenix.Milra 2012-10-20 09:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kolossuss said: »
Does anyone have XML rules written for automatically using food when your current food wears? I've looked at a lot of XML's, and have only seen it once. Unfortunately, I can't remember where. Also, I'm assuming it's going to be working with an autoexec rule, since it's having to monitor the chat log for food buffs wearing. I'm primarily looking for this information to use with my SMN skill up XML, so I can have it automatically reuse magic skill up food.

Thanks in advance.

Check this one thread
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33472/genesisx-skill-up-script-now-with-brd-and-food/#2036027
 Shiva.Kolossuss
By Shiva.Kolossuss 2012-10-20 14:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Milra said: »
Shiva.Kolossuss said: »

Thanks in advance.

Check this one thread
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33472/genesisx-skill-up-script-now-with-brd-and-food/#2036027

Thank you for that link. I've been using the original Genesisx skill up XML that I was given, and I didn't realize it had been reworked/added to. This will make things even better.
 Shiva.Kolossuss
By Shiva.Kolossuss 2012-10-20 14:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, that XML didn't really solve things, it complicated things more. >< Now, I only cast Carbuncle, instead of the full rotation of avatars. There is also no low mp detection, and I don't rest.

I'm trying to figure out what this guy did to the original XML.. the other one was so absolutely easy to use. Drop it in the Spellcast folder, //reload SpellCast, //sc load Skillup, //carbuncle, and afk. This new one is broken, somehow.

Update: Resting/Detect Low MP works now. However, I'm still on a loop casting nothing but Carbuncle.
 Ragnarok.Connavarr
Server: Ragnarok
user: Connavarr
By Ragnarok.Connavarr 2012-10-20 14:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Raksha said: »
STR is likely better than vit. tp bonus looks like garbage. only 116 DMG, and does nothing for you at all during tp phase.

How does OAT stack up for an Upheaval WAR? OAT Great Sword/Polearm are very good with Reso/Stardiver.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-20 15:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Connavarr said: »
Lakshmi.Raksha said: »

How does OAT stack up for an Upheaval WAR? OAT Great Sword/Polearm are very good with Reso/Stardiver.

Highly devauled because of warriors high double attack, but probably not BAD.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-10-21 11:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just started a mule WHM account and wondering how do I get my spell list to appear in numerical order? All my spells are all over the place, they seem to be organized in the order I learned them.
 Valefor.Altheav
Server: Valefor
user: altheav
By Valefor.Altheav 2012-10-21 11:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

When you're in the spell list, there's an option to sort spells. You can sort them automatically or manually. I'm deactivated right now so I can't confirm, but I seem to recall the sort option only appears when you go into the magic menu from the main menu, not the battle menu.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-10-21 11:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Altheav said: »
When you're in the spell list, there's an option to sort spells. You can sort them automatically or manually. I'm deactivated right now so I can't confirm, but I seem to recall the sort option only appears when you go into the magic menu from the main menu, not the battle menu.

Ah awesome, thank you.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-10-21 11:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
What is the url thing on the guildwork account creation window used for.

edit

still no one helped with me with i want to know what the url is used for is it the user profile or the guild website url.
I do not understand why no one can give me help with this.I know a lot of u have a guildwork account so i would think u can explain it to me.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-21 11:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

http://guildwork.com/
 Odin.Exeter
Server: Odin
user: Exeter
By Odin.Exeter 2012-10-21 21:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just one question really, is the accruing of Moblin Pheromone sacks glitched? We got our items like the day you were able to do so and we did not enter at all until yesterday, we did the entire Adjunct Run 1-5 using supposedly our entire stock of pheromone sacks, however when I went to trade in my grimoire today it said that I have 5 sacks already, does anyone know if they accrue even after you hit the cap in a retroactive fashion or is this perhaps a glitch. I just do not want to get hit with the ban hammer.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-10-21 21:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a friend who saw that as well and they just went and did more o.o
 Odin.Exeter
By Odin.Exeter 2012-10-21 22:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Exeter said: »
Just one question really, is the accruing of Moblin Pheromone sacks glitched? We got our items like the day you were able to do so and we did not enter at all until yesterday, we did the entire Adjunct Run 1-5 using supposedly our entire stock of pheromone sacks, however when I went to trade in my grimoire today it said that I have 5 sacks already, does anyone know if they accrue even after you hit the cap in a retroactive fashion or is this perhaps a glitch. I just do not want to get hit with the ban hammer.
Phoenix.Suji said: »
Got a friend who saw that as well and they just went and did more o.o

Fooooo :/
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2012-10-21 22:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe they changed so that you get 5 when you start now, and ppl who already had done it before get reimbursed the 5. It's a one time deal. Sorry too lazy to link the official website...
 Odin.Exeter
By Odin.Exeter 2012-10-21 22:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero said: »

I believe they changed so that you get 5 when you start now, and ppl who already had done it before get reimbursed the 5. It's a one time deal. Sorry too lazy to link the official website...
thanks
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-10-22 13:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

When you pay the fee to do a world transfer, does it allow you to move all your characters on your account at the same time for 1 fee or do you have to pay for each character?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-22 13:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You can move all characters on that account.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-10-22 13:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, thanks :D
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-10-22 15:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What craft or crafts would be most profitable to level from 0? Basically trying to figure out which has the friendliest ratio of cost of skilling to profit once skilled.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-22 15:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cooking is a consumable craft, so it's a little different, but all the others are approximately equally profitable. Leveling a craft is a total waste of gil for most people though, because when they hit capped skill they're too lazy to use it for profit.
 Leviathan.Captainb
Server: Leviathan
user: CaptainB
By Leviathan.Captainb 2012-10-22 15:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you use Schultz Stratagems for the Magian relic +2 augment trials? By the wording of the trials it looks like you can but wanted to know if anyone has tried this so I don't waste a full 2 hours killing dragons in Xarcabard only to find all the Schultz Stratagems I was popping did not count towards the trial.

Here is the generic wording of the trials:

Obtain 20,000 xp in Dynamis - Xarcabard or Dynamis - Tavnazia with your trial item equipped.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-10-22 15:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

During the trial, it tells you how much xp remaining, so you would at most only waste one.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-10-22 15:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't work. Tried it.

2-4 DD with 1 healer and an outside-party embrava mule locking at entrance or boss ??? can easily do 20k without any form of exp band in a single run though.
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 859 860 861