Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 859 860 861
By Demule 2012-09-18 11:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
How do job merits work when your not on that job i know mp and hp merits stay no matter what can someone explain this to me and how this works.

You mean like double attack merits on war and store tp on sam?

Job specific merits are not in effect unless you have that job set as your main.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-09-18 11:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

How do job merits work when your not on that job i know mp and hp merits stay no matter what can someone explain this to me and how this works.

Job merits apply when you have that job set as main not as sub. Everything apart from job merits work on all jobs.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-18 12:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
<elseif buffactive="Haste" AND buffactive="Embrava">

Would this work? I never really tried to play around with AND stuff before, and I can't really test it out atm D:

And if that works, is there a cap on how many "ands" I can use in the same rule?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-09-18 12:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Code

Would this work? I never really tried to play around with AND stuff before, and I can't really test it out atm D:

And if that works, is there a cap on how many "ands" I can use in the same rule?

I've never put more than 2 but even if it did limit you, then you could just keep going like this:

<if buffactive="buff1">

<if buffactive="buff2">

<if buffactive="buff3">
And so on.

I don't know how efficient that is but it will work.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-18 12:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Code

I've never put more than 2 but even if it did limit you, then you could just keep going like this:

<if buffactive="buff1">

<if buffactive="buff2">

<if buffactive="buff3">
And so on.

I don't know how efficient that is but it will work.

I'm basicly just trying to make my code look less confusing, and engaged-rules can easily become long as hell, so something like this would be nice :P
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-18 12:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Code

Iirc it doesn't work, Spellcast doesn't seem to like having multiple of the same rule in a conditional statement. You can get around it though:
Code
<if advanced='(bool)buffactive("Haste") AND (bool)buffactive("Last Resort") AND ((bool)buffactive("March") OR (bool)buffactive("Embrava"))'>
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-18 12:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How exactly does that line work? do I need any variables for it?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-18 12:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just a different way to do buffactive checks, no variables needed. Check my DRK xml if you want context. There were a few rules introduced in Spellcast 2.3 that never got added to the Windower wiki, (bool)buffactive is one of them.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-18 12:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, fancy! Thanks :D
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-18 13:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be nice if someone could have a look at this when they get a chance, maybe PM me if you think I should change something etc?
I'm actually getting an error at like 962 atm, and I really can't see what's wrong >_>
Coloring on the text is a bit wierd though.. (using notepad++)

Edit: Forgot the link..
http://pastebin.com/vKS7q8vr
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-09-18 14:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Chatmon gives me an error everytime someone talks in /say, the code is the same as it was when I downloaded it so I haven't touched it, anything wrong with it?
Code
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<ChatMon>
	<settings
		DisableOnFocus="false"
		TellSound="Tell"
		ExamineSound="Examine"
		EmoteSound="Emote"
		TalkSound="Talk"
		InviteSound="Invite"
		SoundInterval="5"
		DisableFilters="false"
	/>
	<!-- Add Triggers below. The line below is a comment for an example -->
	<!-- Valid From entries: Say, Shout, Party, Linkshell, Tell, Invite, Emote, Examine, All -->
	<!-- match should not be used for Emote. Examine matches to Examiners name, Invite matches to Inviters name. -->
	<!-- <trigger match="*YourNickNameHere*" notmatch="*SomecommonMatch*" notfrom="Tell" from="Party|Linkshell" sound="Talk" /> -->
</ChatMon>
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-09-18 14:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
Would this work? I never really tried to play around with AND stuff before, and I can't really test it out atm D: And if that works, is there a cap on how many "ands" I can use in the same rule?
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
It's just a different way to do buffactive checks, no variables needed. Check my DRK xml if you want context. There were a few rules introduced in Spellcast 2.3 that never got added to the Windower wiki, (bool)buffactive is one of them.

Holy *** ***, I love you. I've literally been talking for the past 2 weeks with my friend about how to do exactly this (and he's borderline not speaking to me because of it).

Thanks!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-18 14:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be nice if someone could have a look at this when they get a chance, maybe PM me if you think I should change something etc?
I'm actually getting an error at like 962 atm, and I really can't see what's wrong >_>
Coloring on the text is a bit wierd though.. (using notepad++)

Edit: Forgot the link..
http://pastebin.com/vKS7q8vr
line 960: didn't close quote marks around set name. Same error at 1026 and 1092. Missing a closing </if> to pair with the opening statement at line 954; at a guess I'd say it should be after line 1152.

The coloring actually clues you in on where the error is for errors like the first one, since it automatically applies certain colors to specific aspects of the code.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-18 17:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

idk how I missed that.. too much xml today :p thanks!
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-09-18 17:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to know what forum on here i should make a link topic in i forget where the topic i made for this is and i forgot what people said in it.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-09-18 17:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

... wut

Check your forum history if you made a topic and can't remember where it is. It's all listed in your profile page.
 Asura.Bluespoons
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2012-09-18 17:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I... don't really know what you just said.

Try the search function on the forum section?
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-09-18 17:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to know what forum on here i should make a link topic in i forget where the topic i made for this is and i forgot what people said in it.

Basically what above said, but giving some details we may be able to help.
By Gimp 2012-09-18 21:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd imagine the real answer is phorcy's but until i get the hands

heafoc vs rheic +3 for shoha?

thinking heafoc
 Asura.Ekimino
Server: Asura
user: onimike
By Asura.Ekimino 2012-09-19 03:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Today a friend and I killed Glavoid a few times for shells. We had done this before and experienced how terrible Disgorge is, so we brought a BLM whose entire job it was to stun it. Here was our setup: THF/DNC, DRK/SAM, WHM/RDM, BLM/RDM.

I was tanking the thing on Thief and keeping steps up to use the dancer provoke for when it resets hate later in the fight. The first kill went perfectly fine, had no problems healing through Gorge (did only 1k damage, max) and the BLM stunned all Disgorge attempts.

On the second pull, everything was going fine, and suddenly regular Gorge (not Disgorge) hits my Thief for 3.1k and I die instantly. I had Protect and Shell on, and I have no idea why. After this, I started to dancer stun Gorge, but on the times I failed, sometimes it would do 500-1000 damage, and sometimes it would oneshot me again.

TL;DR: Why did Gorge (not Disgorge) on Glavoid do over 3000 damage? I can't find much on the wiki about the regular Gorge. Note: I did NOT have on my Rancor Collar for Glavoid.
 Cerberus.Keyoku
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2012-09-19 07:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I been looking at Rudra's Storm and wondering if there's ever a likely case in which I'd use Wanion Belt (STR+8 DEX+8) over Cuchulain's ( DEX+6 Attack+10). I mostly use dnc for dyna and only ever really resort to Rudra's when I get an early proc and then just solo Darkness, but for those occasions I'd like to know which belt would be the better choice. Any thoughts?
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-09-19 09:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanion is superior to Cuculain's. It has more DEX, and STR will give you 4 Attack while boosting your fSTR as well.
[+]
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2012-09-19 09:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

With how many people you can low man Odin (the old one) effectively? And which jobs? Thanks in advance.
 Leviathan.Lodie
Server: Leviathan
user: lodiont
By Leviathan.Lodie 2012-09-19 11:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Tripster said: »
With how many people you can low man Odin (the old one) effectively? And which jobs? Thanks in advance.
I solod it on nin/war waiting to start ein, wasnt too hard, just no healing magic, /dnc would've helped. Can prbly solo on any 99 dd job /dnc
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-09-19 11:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Lodie said: »
Hades.Tripster said: »
I solod it on nin/war waiting to start ein, wasnt too hard, just no healing magic, /dnc would've helped. Can prbly solo on any 99 dd job /dnc

Are you thinking of the smn? I think he's talking about einherjarv1 odin. Einherjarv1 odin would destroy you with ga3 spells and valkyries, not to mention zantetsuken at the end.
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2012-09-19 13:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking about Einherjar Odin v1, yes.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-09-19 13:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN/WAR THF/DNC SCH/RDM can trio Odin1 if your gear is up to par. The 10 minute time limit applies if you enter with less than 6, and it's very unforgiving(especially with that few). Adding another NIN will remove the risk of timeout. Without migawari, 10k needles is a huge pain in the ***.. the 10 min time limit makes sacrificing people to it impractical and BRD adds another body(while scherzo still doesn't make it easy to live through). As such, other DD will not be a viable replacement for NIN.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-19 13:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Basicly take 6 people and you're pretty safe.
30 minues is plenty of time now, can even wipe and recover and still do it np
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-09-19 23:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I am trying to make a spellcast rule that uses DNC AF3+2 hands for ws instead of my usual hands if I recently used Reverse/Wild Flourish. My reason is that if I just used those abilities, I am most likely skillchaining, so the extra 10% SC damage will probably outdo other competitors. Since those ja's do not give a status, making a rule to do this has proved difficult. I have tried different rules before, but nothing worked, so I gave up. Now, I am trying again with no luck.

Anyways, if anyone knows a way to do this, that would be awesome.
 Phoenix.Jakarai
Server: Phoenix
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2012-09-20 14:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what dat model Galenus uses?

*Ninja edit nm I found it it was Gladius.
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 859 860 861