Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 863 864
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-10-16 12:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
The dispel is conal which means with good positioning it will hit at worst 1 person, it's one of 5 TP moves they can do, and they're not even guaranteed to even use TP the entire fight.

I agree with most parts of what you say in a single primary-DD setup, but if WAR is your main DD and Debilitating Spout does go off, it will always land on him because he will likely always be 2nd on hate list. So it's likely going to be a loss regardless, unless you get lucky with SV reset and can reapply songs/rolls.

Anyways, I wasn't disputing that a single primary-DD setup can work, nor was I ignoring the context of what you suggested, but rather bridging both yours and Taint'ss comments together, who said he is using DRK+SAM for DPS (2 DDs). I actually agree that WAR is the singular job you should always bring in either case; I'd sooner swap out the SAM in his setup for a WAR and keep the DRK, but wouldn't swap out the WAR in your setup for a DRK because of all the other tools WAR adds.

We tried SAM in some of our V20 attempts, and though it does work, I think in a 2-DD approach it adds less party-useful tools than other combos (WAR+BLU, WAR+DRK, etc). You also cannot use Overwhelm at all due to conal dispel from Kalunga. When we got to V25, we never considered bringing SAM over WAR+DRK.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-16 12:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Agree with all you said in the prior post Buukki, that's what I was referring to earlier when I said I wouldn't take DRK SAM, I would've gone DRK WAR if given the option.

One other nitpick though: casting songs on BRD isn't very difficult for a few reasons. IMO BRD should have their back against a wall so they won't be knocked back, also with the RD/WC/RD, BRD should have NiTro up at the time (if at all) you get dispelled. This is especially true sub-40 when WC has either already been used, or will be used soon. This makes getting replacement songs up VERY easy and quick.

You do lose the SV and CC, unless you got a good WC, but still... IMO (I think you agree) it's WAR > DRK > SAM
By Taint 2024-10-16 14:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I was using Prime5 GKT which wrecks him. Damage really isn’t our issue hate is.

I can try Farsha WAR. Sakpata is really nice from a def standpoint.

Great tips ty!
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-16 15:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM damage isn't bad at all, my biggest issue with it is that it spams TP on the boss and also the best TP gear (and even the second- and third-best TP gear) has not great meva. Getting terrorized for 20 seconds right at the beginning of the fetter window is...not what you want your DD to be doing. Plus all the other crap that can disable or murder you which involves magic
First Page 2 3 ... 863 864