Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 859 860 861
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-05 08:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I already told him he's not allowed to do that though, and I'm the one that makes these decisions.

It comes with the territory of being the prettiest princess.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-09-05 08:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It comes with the territory of being the prettiest princess.
It's the hair, right?
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-09-05 08:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I still wana know what gear you have thats better than thaumas all im missing as far as i know is tocis and myrex gloves. I tried so much to get them i just wana rip pils eyes out with a rusty spork.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-05 08:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno. I think that level 99 R/M/E are the new high-end standard at this point. People are less and less willing to sacrifice the 28% base damage difference between a 99 and 85 Ukon.

Daur is certainly useful (yay, twice as many songs), but if you want to play a DD job at a high performance event I think you're going to need a 99 R/M/E.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-09-05 08:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Your history just looks very NQ and you're exhibiting "Abyssea-Era Rabies". You know, that disease that's spread through circle-jerking and results in an inflated sense of pride over easy-to-obtain items in FFXI.
 Valefor.Kiaru
Server: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2012-09-05 08:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Your history just looks very NQ and you're exhibiting "Abyssea-Era Rabies". You know, that disease that's spread through circle-jerking and results in an inflated sense of pride over easy-to-obtain items in FFXI.
..and here I thought if i stopped reading mmochampion GW2 forums I would stop getting brain cancer.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-09-05 08:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't have an avatar, your argument is clearly invalid.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-09-05 08:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Question still not answered. Half the stuff doesnt even pop up there anymore unless you have guildwork since im on shitbox i cant use that.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-09-05 08:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Too hard to select an avatar that suits me, even if it means I'll be left out of the cool kids' club.

Failing to see how what I said is wrong though, guy made 5 posts saying how incredible Almace is, all of which were inaccurate. Everyone who knows what they're talking about has disagreed, sure looks like someone taking too much pride in their weapon to me.

Quote:
Question still not answered. Half the stuff doesnt even pop up there anymore unless you have guildwork since im on shitbox i cant use that
If I was wrong about your gear, I apologize.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-09-05 08:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol i like my arma and apoc better but there you go. Im trying to defend blu, probably failing at it, since there are all the lolblus tping in 5/5 af3+2 who let the job down. Then you see fail wars who get all the buffs and are doing low damage and im raping them on blu. Thats on qilin and akvan rather go other jobs in VW. Im posting off my experiences with the job and weapon so def not "inaccurate" in my eyes but take it however you want.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-05 08:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Question still not answered. Half the stuff doesnt even pop up there anymore unless you have guildwork since im on shitbox i cant use that.

There's your problem right there.

Too hard to select an avatar that suits me, even if it means I'll be left out of the cool kids' club.

Failing to see how what I said is wrong though, guy made 5 posts saying how incredible Almace is, all of which were inaccurate. Everyone who knows what they're talking about has disagreed, sure looks like someone taking too much pride in their weapon to me.

Quote:
Question still not answered. Half the stuff doesnt even pop up there anymore unless you have guildwork since im on shitbox i cant use that
If I was wrong about your gear, I apologize.

Should change it to Nicki Minaj.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-05 08:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I dunno. I think that level 99 R/M/E are the new high-end standard at this point. People are less and less willing to sacrifice the 28% base damage difference between a 99 and 85 Ukon.

Daur is certainly useful (yay, twice as many songs), but if you want to play a DD job at a high performance event I think you're going to need a 99 R/M/E.

Ukon is admittedly next in line. But, after that, what Empyrean is left worth upgrading to 99? I never said anything about R/M not being worth upgrading (although admittedly a lot of them fall flat too)
 Valefor.Kiaru
Server: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2012-09-05 09:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Ukon is admittedly next in line. But, after that, what Empyrean is left worth upgrading to 99? I never said anything about R/M not being worth upgrading (although admittedly a lot of them fall flat too)
Masamune maybe? I don't play SAM. Kannagi if ninja was actually a job.

I saw a guy with 99 gandiva and was like "why...", annihilator is like 2x as good ._.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-09-05 09:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth it is pretty subjective. If you mean best in slot, then verethragna(situational), kannagi(about always), almace(situational), masa, twashtar(offhand, or no desire to do mythic prereqs, using next 6 months on another mythic, etc).

If you mean worth 175-250m, that's going to depend on how much gil the player makes and be an endless argument.
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-09-05 09:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

CALADBOLG!
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-05 09:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fully aware.

I blew 200mil on WHM melee but I wouldn't define it as worth it.

By the way Fenrir, sell me your gd plates for 100k so I can start catching up to lolbyrth.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tokidoki
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Tokidoki 2012-09-05 13:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to macro moving gear from mog satchel or sack to your main inventory? Like say for instance an "oh crap, I need nin elemental tools to proc this nm" situation whereas I could hit one button and move all elemental tools into my main inventory. I'd like to keep my mdt, pdt, and evasion sets in sack as I rarely use them but would like to be able to bring them back out quickly if need be.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-09-05 13:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Itemizer.
 Bahamut.Tokidoki
By Bahamut.Tokidoki 2012-09-05 13:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Itemizer.

Oh wow that looks perfect! Can't try out now as I have to leave for work, is it easy to use?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-05 13:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it is. If you want to do more complicated things: http://pastebin.com/Dmad1QHb
 Lye
By Lye 2012-09-05 14:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm buying a fish from the fishing guild and after I purchase it, it becomes grey but is still there.

Will there be more of that fish to buy on the next game day? Is it a matter of chance or of selling back to the guild?
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-09-05 14:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

iirc guild stores have limited supplies of ingredients, they restock after they close for the day, but not completely. you're best off looking for another supplier if you need lots of that fish.
 Lye
By Lye 2012-09-05 14:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
iirc guild stores have limited supplies of ingredients, they restock after they close for the day, but not completely. you're best off looking for another supplier if you need lots of that fish.

Yeah. It's just a few and I'd rather buy em off the AH for sure. Alas, there are none.

It's just weird to see an item that I want to buy in the menu for selection that is "greyed out."
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-09-05 14:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i think it just means its renewed each day but is currently out of stock.
 Lye
By Lye 2012-09-05 14:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Yeah i think it just means its renewed each day but is currently out of stock.

Wicked. Thanks~!
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-09-05 22:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Question to possibly some of the larger shells out there. Does ADL have to split, or is it possible to just zerg it dead on first form.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-09-05 22:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is a party of 5 heavy DDs (DRK MNK SAM, etc) enough to kill Arch Omega in 1 minute (during PD)? Don't really have that large of a group so just trying to think of the best way. Have a BRD in there with SV double minuet and swap it out with a SMN for PD. Should PD be held off until it stands up due to PDT while on 4 legs?
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-09-05 22:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Question to possibly some of the larger shells out there. Does ADL have to split, or is it possible to just zerg it dead on first form.
It will always split.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-09-05 22:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

using apoc apoc mnk(formless for 4 legs, click off for 2) sam (uptala GK for 4legs/90 masa for 2) w/ 1 cor/brd/sch is enough to kill it in 1 pd (average to good gear, nothing great.

I think the best low man build would be like: DD DD ( any work, but drks w/ twilight are probably best) sch sch brd.

15minute win or so, just fight it down.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Server: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2012-09-06 05:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna repost this from the Dark Tp topic where I got no answer. If someone can help me out thanks!

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
Ok so I usually swap my spellcast groups manually with "/sc group DarkEmbrava", "/sc group DarkVW", and so on.

I'm starting to think I want these to change in auto with the buffactive thingy.

I was looking to do a normal tp set, a vw set, and 2 embrava sets, one for last resort down, and one when it's up.

How would I do this? Do I need Autoexec? Is it possible to check the 2 buffs at the same time (embrava + LR)? Kinda confused on commands I'd have to use :/
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 859 860 861