Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 859 860 861
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-08-21 10:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Or 29.3% (75/256) with 5/5 merits and AF2+2 augmented legs.

Or 31.25% (80/256) with 5/5 merits, AF2+2 augmented legs, and Sheltered Ring.

So you need approximately -19% MDT to cap out if you're getting a full potency Shellra V. Some people hit this accidentally in their PDT sets (Twilight Torque, Mollusca Mantle, D.ring or a pair of Dark Rings).
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-21 12:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Do Hunter's bracers+1 must be worn during the Barrage shot, or only on activation of the JA?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-08-21 12:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Do Hunter's bracers+1 must be worn during the Barrage shot, or only on activation of the JA?
Need to be on during the shot.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-21 12:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oki, thanks~
By Artemicion 2012-08-21 12:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This is probably an awful question, but with all the content that has come out of late, are there any more uses whatsoever for the mini expansion add on hat, body, or pants?

I know the hat has some good uses for BST still, and the body has some gnarly Quick Draw augments, and the pants were typically -PDT and movement speed for kiting and getting around, but I have no idea how they compare to today's equipment. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-21 13:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I use the head for Fast Cast and cure potency on BLU; it's still the only waltz timer piece for DNC. Body is still good for COR (QD recast), generally mediocre otherwise but may have value with fast cast or other augments. Legs... Cheap PDT/movespeed legs of course (though no longer optimal for PDT for most jobs and certainly not the best movement option), and perhaps waltz TP cost legs for DNC, but not much else that I know of.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2012-08-21 13:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Selenian cap with pet haste +5% DT-10% is more viable for SMN now that we have an excess of -perp and auto refresh gear, tatsumaki sitagoromo (legs) with elemental siphon +20 are still unrivaled for siphon.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-08-21 13:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They still offer some unique augments:
Head - Waltz Recast, Fast Cast, Pet: DT-10%, Pet: Regen
Body - Quick Draw, Call Beast, Fast Cast
Legs - Phantom Roll recast, Waltz TP Cost, Sic/Ready ability delay, Repair potency, Elemental Siphon +20

Most of the upgrades aren't very major, but they're still useful for the appropriate jobs.
By Artemicion 2012-08-21 13:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So I take it the head is no longer a viable WS piece, and neither is the body for TPing with it's initial dual wield augment.
Also, for either BST or SMN, would a more logical combination be -DT & Haste or -DT and Regen? I'm not sure how potent the regen is, and do Summoners really TP with avatars these days?

Sorry for having been out of the loop for so long. Last time I did anything relevant in FFXI was in 2009.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-08-21 13:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It is only 1 HP/tick Regen, so it's really not worth getting.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-08-21 13:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
It is only 1 HP/tick Regen, so it's really not worth getting.

Eww, that's quite unfortunate. Well, at least some pieces still retain some utility in their unique augments.
Thank you for the information~
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-21 13:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

are pants relevant with the barrage upgrade?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-08-21 15:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what the update did to it, but your odds of hitting 9 consecutive shots with capped hit rate is 63%. Is 60% of another shot (.63*.95) worth giving up whatever other stats you could have worn on your pants for 9 hits? 60%/9 = 6.66% increase in damage/shot.

I don't know jack about RNG, but AF3+2 legs . . .
* True Shot +1 (a 2% damage bonus to those hits). The STP on them is almost irrelevant because you're over 100TP if you land 9 shots either way, unless you're RNG/SAM for Sekka -> Barrage -> Jishnu->Jishnu or something.
* Crit rate +3% is another ~1% increase in damage (per shot) if Dead Aim does not work on Barrage or about a 2% increase in damage per shot if it does.
* Finally you have Ranged Attack+5, which is going to add something as well. Lets call it about +1% Ranged Attack.
* I don't know if the set bonus can proc on Barrage, but maybe it can!

Maybe the legs are the best Barrage piece, but if they are then it probably isn't by very much. You're looking at like +6.66% average damage from Barrage +1 vs. +5%.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-08-21 18:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

BB item KSNM99s difficulty at 99?

Early Bird Catches the Wyrm
Horns of War
The Hills are Alive

WHM, DNC, MNK is pretty much our trio. I'm fairly sure we could get a 4th to help us.
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-08-21 18:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You will need something to do damage when it flys. Otherwise the fight is very easy.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-08-22 23:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

any mobs aside from tsui-goab drop staghorn coral its hard getting peeps together for it and i need coral bad
 Shiva.Kuraneko
Server: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2012-08-22 23:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizz, for Behemoth if your fourth or any of you have a decent BST easiest would be that and putting the slug on it. Friend of mine did it that way a few times farming while I learned Thunderbolt. I will say I got too close a few times and that spell is still annoying to get hit with at 99. BST way is throw slug on it and just toss reward when the pet needs it, otherwise, just stand back to not get caught in Meteor or Thunderbolt.

This is the only way I've done it lately so I'm not sure what that party setup would do for it ( I know you were asking for that setup, sorry...just thought I'd throw the BST idea out there since lots of folks have it nowadays)

I'd be curious about turtle ideas people throw out there. I've heard SCH can solo but was wondering how a set up like yours would work as well.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-08-23 00:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
any mobs aside from tsui-goab drop staghorn coral its hard getting peeps together for it and i need coral bad
It drops randomly in Legion.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2012-08-23 09:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Can the Dynamis trials that require you to obtain 20,000 EXP be completed if you're obtaining limit points?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-23 09:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-23 10:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow Byrth... Thank you so much for that descript perspective (genuinely). I currently have whm move speed pants from shantotto so it wasn't like I was drastically losing something if i switched them back.

Another completely unrelated question: If i want to completely lazily level synergy just to do my own tatters, is it just smock > stall to 80?
I have had veteran cooking since before TOAU but I've been lazy since synergy was released. I really hated running all over vanadiel for ingredients when I did cooking so I'm looking for the fastest, most efficient manner.
 Siren.Mcclane
Server: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-08-23 17:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Since search is down, don't feel like checking through every single page, what's the most recent memloc for Kparser?

Thanks.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-23 17:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Your Kparser is out of date. Get the new one.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-08-23 19:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there npcs to store full sets of af,i just forget if there is or not is why i am asking.

then a follow up question

where are they and what are there names and what af can they store.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-08-23 19:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
Is there npcs to store full sets of af,i just forget if there is or not is why i am asking.

Porter Moogles

and here is a link http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Porter_Moogle
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-08-23 19:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »

As mentioned in the above post, the porter moogle can store full AF/+1 sets.

But before the moogle existed you could store AF on npc`s located at the guide stone in lower jeuno, near the fountain in windy woods, bastok markets just down from the fountain and north sandoria outside the weapon store. Those npc`s still exist but I doubt anyone makes use of them anymore. You can also store certain sets of conquest armour and RSE gear, assuming you have the full set.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-08-23 23:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Which atmacites are the best for an Apoc DRK build? Yeah I realize using Resolution is better in terms of DD, but for Apocalypse's and curiosity's sake, what atmacites would work for optimal dd output?
 Odin.Walden
user: mtmartin
By Odin.Walden 2012-08-24 11:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what's wrong with me or how it came to this, but I am in serious need of some help.

I started a new account and a WHM to box with it, and I have been stockpiling the crystals I earn. I created 2 mules, gave them 80 storage, bought sack & satchel, and filled both mules to the brim with crystals as well.

Right now I have over 500 stacks of crystals. It's like something out of hoarders.

At first I was selling them on the AH, but at 7 stacks at a time I was farming them far faster than they would sell.

Now I don't even bother any more as all stacks of everything have completely ballooned.

Can anyone think of the "smartest" or best fit use to quickly liquidate the crystals?

Honestly most of the light crafing I do with them isn't enough to make a dent either.

This morning I seriously thought about maybe just trading them in to a gate guard or something...is there anything like that I may not be thinking of?

Even at 500 stacks it would probably take me 2 hours just to trade them to a guard for rank points.

Thanks,
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-24 12:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Start a craft "hardcore" and get rid of them like that :P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 859 860 861