Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 745 746 747 ... 836 837 838
By Hopalong 2022-07-15 22:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Is there a way/addon to separate and move around buffs/debuffs on the screen?

Great question and the answer is no I think. I personally hate how using a macro covers up the buffs.

If you are talking about timers or whatever the windower addon is called, theres a lot of options to separate and move those around. You can even eliminate ones you don't want to track, and highlight, separate, and relocate buffs you do want to track.

I'm not an expert so if someone has some good settings/ideas, would be a good read.

Quote:
What are the must-have items from the current Login Campaign? If there's any.

Abyssea 1 damage weapons for proccing; need each weapon type pretty much. This campaign gives Zanmoto, Excalipoor and Rounsey Wand.

Keep an eye out too for items that give fireworks or effect for example Redeyes which gives Angelwing effect.

Obviously there's Abyssea upgrade items they're at 1k apiece, it saving at most like 1 hour from your life.

Zomit is a cool mount. Savory Shank is to pop king behemoth for defending ring. Still has its clutch uses, but other options just as good or better mainstream. Unless you're super hardcore, can figure something else out easier.

Pretty underwhelming really. I rarely pay attention to the login campaign these days.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-07-15 23:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Mieiki said: »
https://github.com/AkadenTK/Buffed

//buffed layout
[+]
By Mieiki 2022-07-16 11:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you all for the info!

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Mieiki said: »
https://github.com/AkadenTK/Buffed

//buffed layout
Sadly doesn't seem to work for me
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-16 12:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
A few notes on majesty cures vs undead.

Majesty AoE'd cures appear to be subject to a "number of targets" damage reduction just like AoE nukes. Laaaaame.

If you have a mixed group of Undead and regular mobs in range of each other, the majesty cure will only hit one of the mob types, Undead, or the other, based on your primary target. But not both. I can't think of any real practical application, but this could be used to pull only the undead mobs out of a mixed group.

Damage was rather underwhelming. 8.9k on trash level abyssea mobs, with Idris BoG+EA maliase, and indi-acumen. Oh, and Cruor buffs and a MAB atma. So.. really meh. no surprise there, really.

Still was interesting to see how this worked.

LAAAAAME!
But pretty cool the AoE works pretty much everywhere.
Someone needs to add this on BG-wiki!
[+]
 Asura.Mavre
By Asura.Mavre 2022-07-16 13:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen several references to preview stats for reforged empyrean armor +2 and was wondering where I could find that info?
By Nariont 2022-07-16 14:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51608/dev-tracker-discussion/294/#3630694

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By warmech 2022-07-20 21:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

it's like lettuce in your taco salad. filler.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-07-20 21:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the fastest a new player can get to vagary from Adoulin mission 1?

Is there a mission requirement? I can't remember anything other than impriturs when I think about Adoulin.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-07-20 22:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

To enter just need to be 95+ and have SoA, only party leader needs missions.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Vagary#Getting_Started
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-07-20 22:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I also found this for anyone else looking:
[+]
By Tanag 2022-07-20 23:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mavre said: »
I've seen several references to preview stats for reforged empyrean armor +2 and was wondering where I could find that info?

They shared the starting 6 jobs body pieces recently, but sadly nothing else.

Quote:
Boii Lorica +2 (WAR)
DEF:164 HP+86 STR+38 DEX+34 VIT+38 AGI+29 INT+29 MND+29 CHR+29 Accuracy+54 Attack+64 Magic Accuracy+54 Evasion+84 Magic Evasion+99 "Magic Def. Bonus"+7 Haste+3% Great Axe skill +16 "Store TP"+10 "Blood Rage" duration +36 Damage Taken-13% Set: Augments "Double Attack"

Ebers Bliaut +2 (WHM)
DEF:145 HP+117 MP+129 STR+25 DEX+30 VIT+30 AGI+25 INT+40 MND+43 CHR+34 Accuracy+54 Magic Accuracy+54 Evasion+81 Magic Evasion+120 "Magic Def. Bonus"+10 Haste+3% Healing magic skill +29 Regen+4 "Refresh"+3 "Afflatus Solace"+16 Set: Augments elemental resistance spells

Wicce Coat +2 (BLM)
DEF:144 HP+70 MP+122 STR+24 DEX+24 VIT+29 AGI+29 INT+45 MND+38 CHR+38 Accuracy+54 Magic Accuracy+54 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+54 Magic Damage+24 Evasion+78 Magic Evasion+131 "Magic Def. Bonus"+10 Haste+3% Elemental magic recast delay -15%
Magic burst damage II+4 "Refresh"+3 Set: Augments "Conserve MP"

Bhikku Cyclas +2 (MNK)
DEF:145 HP+79 STR+35 DEX+34 VIT+34 AGI+55 INT+26 MND+33 CHR+28 Accuracy+54 Attack+64 Magic Accuracy+54 Evasion+95 Magic Evasion+99 "Magic Def. Bonus"+7 Haste+4% "Martial Arts"+7 Augments "Impetus" Weapon Skill Damage+8% Set: Augments "Kick Attacks"

Lethargy Sayon +2 (RDM)
DEF:147 HP+77 MP+81 STR+29 DEX+29 VIT+25 AGI+25 INT+42 MND+40 CHR+30 Accuracy+54 Attack+54 Magic Accuracy+54 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+49 Magic Damage+24 Evasion+81 Magic Evasion+126 "Magic Def. Bonus"+10 Haste+3% Enfeebling magic effect +16 "Refresh"+3 Damage Taken-13% Set: Augments "Composure"

Skulker's Vest +2 (THF)
DEF:151 HP+83 STR+35 DEX+46 VIT+29 AGI+43 INT+26 MND+26 CHR+26 Accuracy+54 Attack+54 Magic Accuracy+54 Evasion+95 Magic Evasion+109 "Magic Def. Bonus"+9 Dagger skill +33 Haste+6% Augments "Conspirator" Weapon Skill Damage+8% Set: Augments "Triple Attack"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-07-22 08:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Was there an announced update or were we all just idiots for using lost and found back in the day? Amazing information compilation there, did SE give a breakdown at some point or is that all accumulated from playtesting?

Missed this question at the time, but the answer is that they adjusted how drops work in these zones long after they were relevant. I found the update note when I was working on that page, but I can't seem to find it back now. Maybe it was in the 2014ish range?

Afaik now the only reason to use Lost and Found is to farm the related runes.
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-07-22 08:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
What is the fastest a new player can get to vagary from Adoulin mission 1?

I use this guide for Adoulin travel access stuff:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Fresh_99/RoE_Intermediate_Quest/119_Gear_Guide#Taming_the_Wilds
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-07-23 15:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have any experience with skillchain bonus gear?
I would assume the gear need needs to go on at the second WS to work...but if I use it on the first WS in the sc does it also take effect?

I am wondering If I can make a less effective WS more viable like requiescat as an opener or a double CDC as I have access to most of the SC gear and not so much crit gear atm.
By Nariont 2022-07-23 15:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SCB has to be worn on the closing WS, generally not worth it due to how much scd it takes vs other stats/traits that increase WS dmg thus the sc damage, nyame kind of bypasses this now, atleast for 1 hitters.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-07-23 15:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
SCB has to be worn on the closing WS, generally not worth it due to how much scd it takes vs other stats/traits that increase WS dmg thus the sc damage, nyame kind of bypasses this now, atleast for 1 hitters.
Bummer that it doesn't work on openers...
Was looking at swapping to nyame, the magic burst neck, ring, and maybe getting a sacro back for closing the occasional distortion (as a sword user) with requiescat or possibly more fruitful doubling a existing light with CDC
By Nariont 2022-07-23 16:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a kind of sliding scale in that the longer the sc the more effective scb gear becomes, but its kind of a hassle to toggle that in on say the 3rd or 4th ws in a chain, overall id probably say for req itd pan out decently since that WS doesnt see a huge improvement vs something like CDC does

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2022-07-24 06:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Stayfresh said: »
I have 3 separate accounts logged in on the same PC.

Very rarely, one of them will start what looks like artifacting, really bad. It doesn't seem to hurt anything, that one just crashes or I shut it down and restart.

Just curious of any ideas of what makes this happen. :)

It just seems weird to me that it only happens on one of the three, and any other things I have open on the desktop are fine.

I got a brand new video card like two weeks ago and it is doing this same thing.

Is my stuff running out of memory so it can’t load zone dats anymore or something? Generally I can still see npcs when this happens but the rest of whatever zone I happen to be standing in looks awful and then eventually crashes when I move the camera around.

I tried to get a screenshot today when it happened but it just made it crash and the shot didn’t turn out.
(Also, I don’t use any HD zone dats)

I used to do this all the time, on an old *** PC I had for XI.

I would literally never have what you described happen, at worst I would start getting stuttr/lag if I tired to load a 4th account.

What you have sounds like a graphics card / video ram issue (since you said you got a new card) it could be a ram issue. Are you using a pagefile?

It just sounds like hardware.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-24 13:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it just happens some times. I've seen it randomly twice on a brand new card.

I've (only) ever seen it twice too lol
 Asura.Ghanni
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2022-07-24 20:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Phantom Roll potency gear need to be equipped during Double-Up or only during the initial roll?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-07-24 20:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Only the initial roll. Luzaf's ring however (for additional range) will need to be on Double up. And Lanun/Rostam has to be equipped when rolling an 11 to get the heal.
By RadialArcana 2022-07-25 03:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This card has twice the ram the old one did. I talked to a buddy, his guess is possibly the slot is dying.

I’ve checked with gpu-z and msi afterburner, and it’s not close to max on anything.

It could be your actual ram and not video ram too, so if there is a fault and you get close to capping out ram it starts screwing up.

Try opening 2-3 instances of XI and then opening other stuff like firefox with youtube videos with multiple tabs and see how much ram you're using. If it happens in a repeatable fashion as high ram use you might need to replace your ram sticks.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-07-25 06:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to stress test your actual ram, use something intended to test it like memtest86(which is free) that will actually ensure all memory is addressed and verified before you start replacing parts.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-07-25 07:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This should be its own thread, especially if someone else has this problem in the future.
You also need to clarify things like dgvoodo no dgvoodoo.
Theres a lot of things that can cause that, slot failure would be last on my list.
Is the card or the PC over clocked?

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-07-26 13:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't want to make a separate thread, but did anyone else crash? Was in the middle of zoning, screen went black, I could still target ***around me, dropped to R0, then got something like POL-0570 (might be wrong), The server might be experiencing problems. When I try and log on via wifi or hotspot, it's saying my connection is having problems. Just making sure I'm not alone.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2022-07-26 13:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Didn't want to make a separate thread, but did anyone else crash? Was in the middle of zoning, screen went black, I could still target ***around me, dropped to R0, then got something like POL-0570 (might be wrong), The server might be experiencing problems. When I try and log on via wifi or hotspot, it's saying my connection is having problems. Just making sure I'm not alone.

I was logging to a mule and got 0033. Trying to log back in and getting 0206. Second account is staying on just fine, but I haven't been trying to mule or zone him at all. A handful of people in my ls are having the same issue.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 745 746 747 ... 836 837 838