Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 737 738 739 ... 831 832 833
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-29 11:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Which slip can the new "Arc Shield" be stored in?

I don't think it can yet, they always do it assbackwards and don't allow it to be stored until next month.

Quote:
If you are unsure of the slip to use for an item, simply trade that item to the Moogle and you will be informed of the correct slip.

Moogle has no reaction.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-04-29 13:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

:<
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-04-30 00:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I know Elemental MAB is counted separately. But does anyone know how much MAB would equal 1 Elemental MAB?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-04-30 07:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
I know Elemental MAB is counted separately. But does anyone know how much MAB would equal 1 Elemental MAB?

Depends how much you have of each, because they are seperate multipliers in the same equation. You can't put them in terms of each other without leaving unknowns in the equation or getting exact values for everything you already have.

If you have 200 MAB and 0 elemental MAB, 1 elemental MAB equals 3 MAB. If you have 400 MAB and 0 elemental MAB, 1 elemental MAB equals 5 MAB.

Elemental MAB is almost always worth using, though.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-04-30 14:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder... is "Dho Gates" a mistranslation? Or rather a typo during westernization of the JP original name for the zone?

We have:
Woh Gates
Sih Gates
Moh Gates
and then
Dho Gates.

See the position of the "h"? It's at the end for 3 out of 4 zones.
This leads me to believe it should've been "Doh Gates" but because of an error/typo it came out as "Dho Gates".
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2022-04-30 15:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder... is "Dho Gates" a mistranslation? Or rather a typo during westernization of the JP original name for the zone?

We have:
Woh Gates
Sih Gates
Moh Gates
and then
Dho Gates.

This leads me to believe it should've been "Doh Gates" but because of an error/typo it came out as "Dho Gates".
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-30 15:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

We have:
Woh Gates
Sih Gates
Moh Gates
and then
Dho Gates.

It actually used to be listed as Doh gates on the in-game map, but SE changed it to match the other instances of Dho gates after a while.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-04-30 16:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprised they fixed the Doh into Dho rather than fixing Dho into Doh.
Oh well.
Not that stuff like this has any sort of relevance but still it pinched my curiosity lol.

Are there official names for these 4 zones in japanese?
By ryukin182 2022-05-01 19:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not sure if i ask here or blm place but here goes, when you do magic bursts, do you do more dmg on the burst the higher the sc is? Such as will you do more dmg (ongo specifically in my case) if i do a 5 step sc with sch as opposed to a 2 step darkness? I dont play mages and never have so im starting to learn now

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By ryukin182 2022-05-01 20:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so doing 10k on only darkness sc is why my dmg is so low, this helps a lot ty
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-05-03 02:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Following up on my last Aquaveil test post. Also linking Alseyn's post which brought the JP wiki info to us initially.

I retested using blue magic, so each cast actually has closure in the log.

PLD/BLU. 194 Blue magic skill.
I forgot to equip a non-ilvl wep, but it didn't seem to matter as everything landed right as expected anyway.
Test Mob: Lvl 138 Apex Helm Elytra. PLD mob so no DA.
Aquaveil caster: WHM/SCH.

Test #1: 500+ skill(537), no Aquaveil+

3 hits clearly during a cast, and Aquaveil wore on the third. Confirming the 3 interrupt Guards at 500+ skill.

Logger was being weird and duplicating every hit from the mob a second later so the logs look kinda odd. But the screenshot verifies that these were all single hits, and again, PLD mob. Doesn't have DA.
Logs:

Next up, the JP wiki info states that Accession'd Aquaveil uses the caster's Aquaveil+ stat, rather than the recipient's, like Stoneskin and Phalanx. Testing.

Had to edit multiple screenshots together cause the log on this one was too long.

In retrospect, I really shouldn't have used all my Aquaveil+ gear to test this. It made the test entirely too long. But it does show a great difference between the two tests. To a degree that's hard to wave away claiming a hit or two just happened to not be a interrupt.

Logs. Again, there was some weirdness in the logs, and it was making it hard to count the interrupts here so these logs ave been trimmed. I've also marked each line where as interrupt guard should have been used.

TLDR. 500+ skill Aquaveil yields 3 interrupt guards. Accession'd Aquaveil uses the Caster's Aquaveil+ rather than the recipient's. So Aquaveil+ gear is useful for AoE'ing Aquaveil.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-03 03:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

We need to add these info to BG-wiki!
Thanks Martel for testing it.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-05-03 12:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I updated the aquaveil page and added references.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-03 14:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You are pure bliss to this community Martel <3
[+]
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2022-05-03 17:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I updated the aquaveil page and added references.

Thank you for testing this and updating the wiki! I hope people can make good use of this information now that we better understand how Aquaveil works.
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Server: Cerberus
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2022-05-04 21:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

IGDC said: »
XIView for buffs, PartyBuffs for ... well... party buffs.
So dumb question . . .
I got XIVIew and it seems to work. But for party buffs to work I have to download the icons in the icons folder, which makes sense. But how do I download these in bulk? There's no way I should need to do this one at a time . . . right?

Update: got it
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-05-09 07:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone explain to me what i am doing wrong with my Vagary pops to not be able to spawn Pluoton and Perf in the same run?

I do the following route

Previous run kill Putraxia
New runs do Brash Gate and Palloritus to get their ki
Trade in for Ashen Wings, this it the point i get stuck, i've seen runs that seem to have the KI from killing Perf before killing Perf but this doesn't happen to me? I thought keeping the KI from the week before would work but that didn't seem to work either. So a bit lost, it's not the end of the world just means 4 befouled waters instead of 3?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-10 01:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Which slip can the new "Arc Shield" be stored in?

Storage Slip 22
[+]
By Dobrusi 2022-05-13 10:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding void watch; I completed all tiers from sandy but can't figure out how to do the other nations fights (bastok and windy), can someone let me know? My Crimson stratum abyssite IV doesn't change even though I've beaten the NM twice. Thank you for any feedback!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-13 10:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Different colors. You need to go to bastok and start indigo, and go to windurst and start jade.

When you finish Crimson IV Jade IV and Indigo IV those colors are done and you start White I

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Guardian_of_the_Void
By Dobrusi 2022-05-13 12:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for your feedback but the problem I have is I don't know how to start indigo in BAstok and jade in Windy. When I talk to those officers they recognize Crimson from Sandy. Does this make sense? Thanks again for your help!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-13 12:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The Officer, not refiner

You click start or participate or whatever the option is
By Dobrusi 2022-05-13 15:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Dang, I thought I clicked all options. Thanks for helping a complete noob :/
By Kasaioni 2022-05-14 05:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm trying to remember if I started Voracious Resurgence already or not.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2022-05-15 08:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

best way to farm escha bead now ?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-05-15 09:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
best way to farm escha bead now ?

depends on resources, with the domain invasion blessings always active you get 180-191 per kill for t3 or helm, so demolishing T3s can get pretty good numbers (zitah are weaker, but if party is very strong you can go to reisenjima and spam neak to be able to utilize 2 ???s at #9 and not wait on respawns)

a strong and well coordinated group can break 10k beads/hour doing neak

doing domain invasion with enough people present to cut spawn times and wearing critrate gear to cap your result maxes around 5-6k/hr

obviously as the group gets weaker, output of t3s will drop while output of domain invasion won't drop as quickly, soloer also can't hold multiple triggers so that will hurt time on t3s
By Starbucks 2022-05-15 09:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Did M levels really make anything significantly easier than before, or barely change anything? Tumult with SAM? HELMs or Omen boss soloing? Has anything changed significantly?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-15 09:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

For some of the jobs, the new bonuses from subs are enough to change playstyle, especially /drg getting Super Jump, /sch getting faster/more strategems and Stona, and /whm getting Curaga III. When in a fight that calls for them, it opens up entirely new options.

As for the stats, I don't know about significantly easier, but it's noticeable in some areas. Going from 0 to 30 ML is a difference of about 240 max HP, and on my V20 Ongo win the the ML30 tank got to about 150 HP left at one point, meaning he'd have died without the extra HP.

The ~50 accuracy also helps you need less accuracy investment on the likes of Xevioso and Bumba (if going without madrigal), and 30 INT is pretty significant on Ongo since its INT is so high and the time limit is strict. It can also be enough to let you offhand a TP bonus weapon when you couldn't normally. With ML30, I can use meat on Sheol C floor 4 even without madrigal or swapping in accuracy, for example.
By Starbucks 2022-05-15 09:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you get stat wise? Like STR? The HP would be nice.
First Page 2 3 ... 737 738 739 ... 831 832 833