Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 859 860 861
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-08-19 03:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So, is it possible for a normal, run of the mill group of people to clear NNI with enough communication, some movement speed, and a whole lot of luck? I'm not saying clear with a high success rate. I would take even 1 in 10, or 1 in 20 lol. Maybe 1 or 2 emps in the group. I'd probably go as SAM with 99 Kanto and well-geared I would say. Another person would likely be DNC nicely geared with 90 Twashtar (or COR with 85 Arma if that's better?). We'd have at least 1 SCH. I don't think we'd have 2 SCHs in the group of friends that we have. Possibly a MNK with 90 Vere, but not sure.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-08-19 03:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

2 sch is pretty necessary so you can maintain embrava the entire run. If you lose it half way through you lose so much killing speed.
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-08-19 04:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

When I very first started doing nyzul I used 1 sch and banked on cor reset. Assuming you are ok w/ adding another random number generator in, DD x4 cor sch works fine for nyzul and bank on 2hour reset. You only really have any chance of winning 1/3 runs, but the run you actually reset you have more chance of clearing than the average set up.

Edit: I would expect a 1/6 win rate or so w/ the average group. Good DDs+cor w/ af2+2a shoes might bump it up to 1/5 or 1/4.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-08-19 10:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no clue where can i skill up sword/shield/parrying/eve.What zone and fighting what monsters. For level 80 sorry forgot to put that in.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-08-19 11:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me be the first to say THANK YOU for using this thread to ask that question. I don't know if you mean job level 80 or skill level 80.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-08-19 12:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
I have no clue where can i skill up sword/shield/parrying/eve.What zone and fighting what monsters. For level 80 sorry forgot to put that in.
If you're talking about your job level, don't bother till 99, as none of those skills are really essential at level 80. If you are talking skill... Throw on as much pdt as you can, equip 3 regen atmas, go to any Aby that has mandies, train them all, get them in front of you, and watch the skill ups fly.
 Bismarck.Phetty
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2012-08-19 13:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Does enhances stoneskin gear effect blu stoneskin like diamondhide?
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-08-19 13:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
If you're talking about your job level, don't bother till 99, as none of those skills are really essential at level 80. If you are talking skill... Throw on as much pdt as you can, equip 3 regen atmas, go to any Aby that has mandies, train them all, get them in front of you, and watch the skill ups fly.
yes i am talking about level 80 i am sitting outside a stageing point right now skilling on de but i want faster ones so should i go get a party and go to the mandies.What abby zone is that and where i have never done abby yet.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-08-19 13:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phetty said: »
Does enhances stoneskin gear effect blu stoneskin like diamondhide?

No
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-08-19 13:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
yes i am talking about level 80 i am sitting outside a stageing point right now skilling on de but i want faster ones so should i go get a party and go to the mandies.What abby zone is that and where i have never done abby yet.

If you haven't done Abyssea then dont go. Instead go to Boyahda tree and pull a bunch of crabs, make sure you sub DNC and it wouldn't hurt to use your fellow set on healer. Or, go find chigoes in Caedarva Mire and do the same. You being level 80 and underskilled is great for chigoes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-08-19 14:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
When I very first started doing nyzul I used 1 sch and banked on cor reset. Assuming you are ok w/ adding another random number generator in, DD x4 cor sch works fine for nyzul and bank on 2hour reset. You only really have any chance of winning 1/3 runs, but the run you actually reset you have more chance of clearing than the average set up.

Edit: I would expect a 1/6 win rate or so w/ the average group. Good DDs+cor w/ af2+2a shoes might bump it up to 1/5 or 1/4.
Revitalizers are pretty damn common in NNI. If the SCH keeps checking boxes when convenient, you can find one. Every time we've tried, we've found one.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-08-19 15:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically, 1 SCH 2 hours and locks on the lamp while the other SCH moves with the group for support? Then they switch when the first SCH's 2 hour runs out?
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-08-19 15:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't lock on lamp. Embrava on floor 1 and the next floor (Since Tabula should last long enough) in order to keep it up for about 15 minutes, and then the 2nd SCH Embravas again once Embrava wears off. Repeat the Re-Embrava on the next floor jump to make sure it lasts the whole run. One SCH stays at rune, buffing when you jump floors, and being ready to run when a Code lamp is found, and the second SCH chases after the melees. The melees split into teams of two naturally, and the SCH should probably give priority to the team with the least sustain.

For splits, the teams break into single DDs if necessary per the floor layout, never fighting the same monster except harder NMs, and they should probably call directions before the run starts. For instance, in my group, Senkyuutai and his partner go backward and left, while my partner and I go forward and right. The directions are relevant to your spawn position.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-08-19 15:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

They disabled lamp locking in NNI? Lame.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-19 15:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Use the brief delay between floor clear and lamp activation to precharge strategems and have each SCH handle a specific set of buffs (haste, regen, phalanx, enspell). Really simple and saves time, but people seem to overlook these things more often than I'd expect.

EDIT: I'd suggest using a polearm if you're going SAM. Remember, these are DC monsters; Shoha's attack bonus will be largely wasted. Stardiver is preferable.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-08-19 16:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So, should the SCH that 2 houred go with the others or wait at lamp? I assume go with everyone else. Could probably lock 2 hour on some chests if it's convenient.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-19 16:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Given the nature of the 2hr, it doesn't really matter which SCH stays at the rune. As long as one does, if they're communicating they could even alternate to apply appropriate buffs and what not.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-08-19 16:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »

Could you lock on the lamp before (Rune of Transfer I mean)? Probably a side effect of seeing the objective when you pop in so you can't click the lamp to see that anymore. Unless of course you can still see the objective by clicking the lamp in which case I'm just talking out of my ***.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-19 16:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You never could; it always just gave you a text read-out when you clicked it (it still does, it just now gives you one without clicking it too).
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-08-19 16:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Ramuh.Laffter said: »

Could you lock on the lamp before (Rune of Transfer I mean)? Probably a side effect of seeing the objective when you pop in so you can't click the lamp to see that anymore. Unless of course you can still see the objective by clicking the lamp in which case I'm just talking out of my ***.
I don't know. Nobody ever invites my BLU to NNI and I'm good :<
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-08-19 16:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What are some of the real good options for temp items to buy?

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-08-19 17:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fanatic's
Fool's
Vicar's
Cleric's
Sprinter's
Elixir
Dusty Wing

is what I get. Use temp items as you need them. Saving your fanatics for another time if you're going to die is useless. If you're going to die, pop that Fanatic's or Fool's.
 Bismarck.Quellor
user: Quellor
By Bismarck.Quellor 2012-08-19 18:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

when soloing Alfard (or any other mobs who can be tanked from behind) on ninja, does innin take effect even though hate is directed at me?

I got wondering when i was tanking the hydra in besieged and there were a bunch of thfs sneak attacking around me.

I guess that's another question, could a thf soloing a mob that doesn't turn use sneak attack when tanking from behind?
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-08-19 18:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes and yes.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-19 19:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Innin decays, so that wouldn't be a viable test.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-08-20 01:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Fanatic's
Fool's
Vicar's
Cleric's
Sprinter's
Elixir
Dusty Wing

is what I get. Use temp items as you need them. Saving your fanatics for another time if you're going to die is useless. If you're going to die, pop that Fanatic's or Fool's.

Seems like a lot of things to buy in terms of time spent. Does time buying items go towards your 30 mins? I thought it did.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-08-20 01:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorrowful Sage has a new option to make a quick-buy. Quick-buy, use body boost, sprinters, and/or dusty wing, and rebuy for 30 minutes of Body Boost.
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 859 860 861