Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 718 719 720 ... 836 837 838
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2021-10-10 20:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Zubis said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Or two hdmi/display into the same monitor and eliminate the switch.

Depending on your monitor/TV model (newer ones), this can still be a problem. Switching can send a power off command to the source input, which still does...something to a PC, even if you have Sleep turned off for the PC.

Yea, it something like this. It also crashes if I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. Which really, is the only way i can quickly close FFXI, since the X close button in the window isn't clickable
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-10 20:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

//terminate
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-10-10 21:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you get the job bonuses from Phantom Roll depending on summoned trusts? For example, would summoning Zeid grant me the DRK bonus to Chaos Roll?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-10 22:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-10-11 01:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Can any job solo Up in Arms?

Youtube's been recommending me lots of FFXI videos recently, probably due to what I'm uploading myself, and I've getting a lot of Royal Jelly/Up in Arms solos tonight.

So far I've seen a SAM/rdm solo Royal Jelly.

A Monk solo Up in Arms.

Several PUPs for UiA. A RDM.

A few BLUs for RJ.

Anyone know the 4-1-1 on the BCNM soloing?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2021-10-11 04:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Naked PUP with skills and few attachment plus maneuvers can overdrive it with zero risk, danger or even player input after the maneiver.

Quick too, just a bit more than 1 minute
[+]
By Zubis 2021-10-11 20:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the cap on movement +%? If I get the Cheer from Monster Rearing that grants +2%, will that plus an 18% piece of gear give me 20%, or will it cap out at 18%?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-11 20:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cap is +60%.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2021-10-11 21:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

cheer will stack with your +movement equipment, so you get 20%
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-10-12 03:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the consensus on Adoulin Rings? Or is there even one?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-12 07:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think there's a consensus. Weatherspoon is really nice for trueflight and cloudsplitter. Janniston is a solid BIS for a healer. Orvail is a must have if you're a serious crafter. I personally went Shneddick across the board because having 18% on the mages is massively helpful for follow train and it just makes idle simpler(d.ring+shneddick are both green too!), but obviously follow isn't as important for a single boxer and some people just leave speedhacks on.

Definitely still room for decision based on job preference, though I think the ones I listed are most likely to be relevant.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-12 08:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Another benefit of Shneddick is that when you need both movement and survivability (such as mass pulling, kiting, or just plain running for your life), you don't have to use squishy legs or feet for your movement speed. For example, a PLD having to use Carmine +1 legs over Sakpata causes them to lose 64 HP, 52 defense, 17 VIT, 6 AGI, 3 INT, 5 MND, 31 EVA, 70 MEVA, 5 MDB, and 9% DT.
By SimonSes 2021-10-12 08:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
trueflight and cloudsplitter Primal Rend
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-12 08:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ty^
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-10-12 09:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Can any job solo Up in Arms?

Blm/Rdm can easily solo up in arms. You'll want a kiton juice for every attempt which you can get from the curio vendor moogle. The strategy is simple. Open with gravity and kite him from one end of the corridor to the other, using a nuke rotation of aero 3 --> stone 3 --> thunder 2 --> blizzard 2 --> rinse and repeat. When you get to the opposite end of the corridor (the room you entered at) gravity should be just about wear off so you'll want to bind him at that point and reapply gravity. Then go through the same motions kiting him in the opposite direction back to his starting point. By that time you get through the corridor a second time he should be about dead and you can finish him off to open the box with your k club Oxbloods in it.

You can also sleep the kraken once or twice if you need to cure yourself or reapply debuffs if things get messy (which is why I usually don't use bio II for this solo). And if you feel like using your 2hr you can open with manafont and cast freeze on him to make one of the attempts even easier. I've done this countless times with just my Ilvl 119 equipment. You can make it easier on yourself by buying an iridal or chatoyant staff so you actually get a bonus from your weapon slot if you want, but for me it hasn't ever been necessary.
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2021-10-12 12:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Zubis said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Or two hdmi/display into the same monitor and eliminate the switch.

Depending on your monitor/TV model (newer ones), this can still be a problem. Switching can send a power off command to the source input, which still does...something to a PC, even if you have Sleep turned off for the PC.

Yea, it something like this. It also crashes if I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. Which really, is the only way i can quickly close FFXI, since the X close button in the window isn't clickable

use dgvoodoo or some other directx proxy
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-12 13:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ticktick said: »
use dgvoodoo

the other dx proxies don't solve this issue, only dgvoodoo does

it isn't a function of directx version, it's when reset is called on the scene, and for whatever reason dgvoodoo's changes result in that never being called
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-16 11:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ever measured the rough chances of getting a max aug item in Sinister Reign?
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-10-16 12:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there supposed to be broad job adjustments for the 20th anniversary?

I know I'm probably asking about rumors and nothing concrete. Mostly trying to gauge general sentiment with vague recollections of developer videos.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-16 12:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Are there supposed to be broad job adjustments for the 20th anniversary?

I know I'm probably asking about rumors and nothing concrete. Mostly trying to gauge general sentiment with vague recollections of developer videos.

That's indeed what they've said.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-10-16 13:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there something that causes the "zone didn't load" black screen bug more often these days? I've been getting it like crazy lately and it's really annoying the *** out of me. Doesn't always happen on all 3 characters despite them all going to the same places.

Running dgvoodoo and an HD texture pack, though unloading the textures doesn't seem to reduce the frequency of the issue.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-10-16 13:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
"zone didn't load" black screen bug
If you're talking about where your character is stuck on a black screen indefinitely upon walking into a new zone only fixed through force closing the instance, I only get it when using the FastFollow add-on and a character following runs into the new zone "normally" without allowing FastFollow to do its own zoning code it has in it.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-16 13:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there something that causes the "zone didn't load" black screen bug more often these days? I've been getting it like crazy lately and it's really annoying the *** out of me. Doesn't always happen on all 3 characters despite them all going to the same places.

Running dgvoodoo and an HD texture pack, though unloading the textures doesn't seem to reduce the frequency of the issue.

Happens when you fail to load the texture into the memory pool, so could be a memory leak in something you're using or it could be hard drive issues. HD textures do require more memory, though.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-10-16 13:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
"zone didn't load" black screen bug
If you're talking about where your character is stuck on a black screen indefinitely upon walking into a new zone only fixed through force closing the instance, I only get it when using the FastFollow add-on and a character following runs into the new zone "normally" without allowing FastFollow to do its own zoning code it has in it.

Hm, this might be it then. FFO is great QoL but if it's causing this ***it ain't worth it. I'll try disabling it and see if the issue is resolved.

Shiva.Thorny said: »

Happens when you fail to load the texture into the memory pool, so could be a memory leak in something you're using or it could be hard drive issues. HD textures do require more memory, though.

Don't think I've got any active leaks, at least not any that I can trace, but it is pretty difficult to saturate my system as it is so it'd be hard to spot anyway. Maybe something going wrong with the way XI/DGVoodoo streams textures interacting with nvme? Idk. Gonna try turning off FFO then look into more nuclear troubleshooting options.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-16 14:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

it is pretty difficult to saturate my system

32 bit windows applications can only address 2GB of RAM, so you don't have to saturate your entire system. There's a special flag to allow up to 4, but I don't think XI uses it(maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong). If you're loading a 1GB texture with 1.1GB already occupied, there you go. It's not impossible the fastfollow conditions described end up leaking some memory, but I can't really comment more specifically than that.
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
Server: Cerberus
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2021-10-16 19:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, small question : how do you give up an ergon upgrade with oboro ?
He want 10 000 beitetsu for my idris, and i want to do the final upgrade for a relic weapon.
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
Server: Cerberus
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2021-10-16 19:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Gillesjboulon said: »
Hello, small question : how do you give up an ergon upgrade with oboro ?
He want 10 000 beitetsu for my idris, and i want to do the final upgrade for a relic weapon.
found it : i talk to oboro with GEO job and he propose to abandon upgrade
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-17 02:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are dual wielding a normal weapon and a Kraken Club, how does the club's attack distribution work when it comes to the 8-hit per round cap?

For example, let's say you swing three times with your mainhand. When it comes to your club, will it choose 1-8 hits and cap it to 5 if it's 5-8 (a 30% chance of getting 5 hits), or will it re-roll every time it would have swung too many times until it gest 1-5 hits (15% chance of getting 5 hits)?
By FaeQueenCory 2021-10-17 09:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
If you are dual wielding a normal weapon and a Kraken Club, how does the club's attack distribution work when it comes to the 8-hit per round cap?

For example, let's say you swing three times with your mainhand. When it comes to your club, will it choose 1-8 hits and cap it to 5 if it's 5-8 (a 30% chance of getting 5 hits), or will it re-roll every time it would have swung too many times until it gest 1-5 hits (15% chance of getting 5 hits)?
If it chosese any of the hits 5~8, it will only do 5 because you got 3 hits in with your mainhand. It doesn't reroll. Same as getting multiple multiattack procs in your WSs when they've already hit 8x.
First Page 2 3 ... 718 719 720 ... 836 837 838