Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 859 860 861
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-12 08:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Scholar!
 Asura.Caillou
Server: Asura
user: Caillou
By Asura.Caillou 2012-08-12 09:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Scholar!

Exclamation mark and all. =O

Any reason SCH would be a better choice over RDM and WHM? Just curious. I only have my SCH to 45 so I don't have much experience with it.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-12 09:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Very simply scholar is used on anything in the game at the moment. Can't think of a single event where you wouldn't find a group on that job. Whm is close but left out from Nyzul and potentially ADL. Rdm...well good luck if you pick rdm.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-08-12 09:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Caillou said: »
Scholar!

Any reason SCH would be a better choice over RDM and WHM? Just curious. I only have my SCH to 45 so I don't have much experience with it.
The majority of events these days are zerg fests, Embrava is the #1 reason people have sch`s. Not to mention they make excellent healers and can deal good elemental damage too.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-08-12 13:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a Parazonium +2 and Ursine Claws +2 so my question is: Is there a use for either anymore or should I drop them instead of finishing? I have Coruscanti since Qilin refuses to give me HMP and I made Verethragna.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-08-12 14:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Safe to drop the H2Hs, very unlikely the become best H2Hs. I'm under the impression that the dagger isn't good, but for all I know it will get future trials and be a good off hand so I wont flat out say it's safe to drop. Last thing I want is months from now "SAWTELLE SAID I COULD DROP IT AND NOW I NEED ANOTHER!!!"
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-08-12 14:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

rofl thanks!

Edit: I doubt there will be more trials but it may be a good offhand for other trials~
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-12 14:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Caillou said: »
Scholar!

RDM is useless, WHM may be overkill, SCH has Embrava. There's more subtle points of interest as well, but that's the meat of it. SCH is far and away the most useful of the three, with WHM seeing some use in alliance events (along with a SCH or two) and RDM rotting in the moghouse.
By Artemicion 2012-08-12 14:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This is probably a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE question, but considering the circumstance of the fact that I have not touched any endgame content since 2009, would it help Red Mage's position of utility if the Immunobreak system worked exclusively for them, and them only?

What exactly would it take to get RDM back on the rosters again?
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-08-12 14:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Immunobreak doesn't matter because a good mage lands debuffs on the first cast.

Making rdm wouldn't be hard, you just need to make it more useful than other jobs. This takes:
1) giving it some unique way of increasing damage (if temper was AoEable for example) or some unique way or increasing survivability.
2) making that way of increasing dmg more useful than all the others (possible example: a 60minute event you could only bring 6 people with no where to lock buffs)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-12 14:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM's enfeebling kit is pretty irrelevant these days, as is their unique position as a source of full-potency refresh. The Embrava/PD-driven approach that dominates what passes for "difficult" content, along with deeper MP pools and increased cure potency, have sidelined the job in alliance play and there's really nothing now in the sort of solo play where RDM used to shine, and few if any RDM-soloable fights that can't be done by another job, likely faster.

Basically the devs have written the job out of the game with their current approach to content. They introduced monsters with truly overwhelming attacks and gave us a time limit in which to kill them. PD is not only the best option, it's one of the only reasonable options because you simply can't afford to prolong fights (also favoring Embrava) or even take the full brunt of the damage these monsters can put out. Alacrity Stun rotations are an alternative, but SCH fills that niche much more effectively than RDM or even BLM. Shock Squall is another, but if you have access to Shock Squall then you have access to PD and can use them in tandem (common in Legion). Easy access to Revitalizers also helps SCH.
By Artemicion 2012-08-12 14:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Immunobreak doesn't matter because a good mage lands debuffs on the first cast.

Making rdm wouldn't be hard, you just need to make it more useful than other jobs. This takes:
1) giving it some unique way of increasing damage (if temper was AoEable for example) or some unique way or increasing survivability.
2) making that way of increasing dmg more useful than all the others (possible example: a 60minute event you could only bring 6 people to with no where to lock buffs)

I wasn't sure which set of NMs were particularly resistant or downright immune to particular enfeebles, but I do recall hearing how the functionality of enfeebles and the nature of how they work would need to be changed in order to give RDM some limelight back. Subsequently, Immunobreak was introduced, but after a friend reported that even WHM can pull it off, RDM was put back into it's coffin.

So it seems RDM is back at square one in being virtually useless. Could there be unique methods of having them measure up to WHM or SCH without having some form of outside damage enhancement?
By Artemicion 2012-08-12 14:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yikes. It seems that RDM's former niche has been implemented on a widespread level and more effectively among other classes, therefore putting it into an inferior subspace.

Could there possibly be more potent or unique enfeebles that would give them potential use for difficult content? I know RDM was king of enfeebles for the longest time, but not so much anymore do to their lack of relevance and equal effectiveness from other jobs.
 Bismarck.Cicada
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-08-12 15:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM has a pimp hat and that can never be taken from them.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-08-12 15:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't have to be a unique form of damage increase. Defense would work to. So like, if they made a phalanx 3 that was 75dmg reduction a hit rdm would have potential. Hell, giving rdm an amnessia that could be landed in any way reliably would make it suddenly the strongest mage in the game. give it dia4 with 20% defense reduction. Also like night said if the events weren't able to be PDed defensive spells like slow2 would be possibly useful again.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-12 15:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cicada said: »
ruhroh
[+]
 Bismarck.Cicada
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-08-12 15:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh damn >.> forgot about that.. :|

R.I.P RDM
 Ragnarok.Connavarr
Server: Ragnarok
user: Connavarr
By Ragnarok.Connavarr 2012-08-12 22:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cicada said: »

Sadly, only thing the job has left anymore is the Pimp Hat.

On topic, I just got Byakko's aug'd with crit hit damage+4%, these have any use in a Mighty Strikes set, or just keep usin' relic+2? I don't have legion/nyzul gear yet.
 Ragnarok.Skyfreaky
Server: Ragnarok
user: TheFreak
By Ragnarok.Skyfreaky 2012-08-12 22:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my question for Dark Knight
Mars's Ring or Pyrosoul Ring?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-13 01:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Skyfreaky said: »
Here is my question for Dark Knight Mars's Ring or Pyrosoul Ring?

Need accuracy? Mars.
Capping accuracy and don't need extra STP on ring slot?
Pyrosoul.
Most of the time you'll need Tyrant's ring though
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-13 10:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Herja's fork fascinates me a lot, how does it compare to Gungnir?
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-08-13 10:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

morning~ so sleepy ._.
 Bismarck.Cicada
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-08-13 10:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So sleepy that you posted in the RQ thread instead of RT? :p
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-08-13 15:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

How many people would someone need to kill kala with 5 weakness items?
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-08-13 15:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

to actually kill it? 1 good DD. maybe healer+DD if you wanted to play it safe.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-08-13 15:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ty. I have never used a weakness item and rly want win. Think ima overkill with 11 lol 0.0
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-08-13 15:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Ty. I have never used a weakness item and rly want win. Think ima overkill with 11 lol 0.0
totally over kill. First time we used weakness items we took out mnk/nin/blm mule/sch mule to kala and it lasted 2minutes, 1minute of that was us holding it to get the 5proc.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-08-13 18:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Is phorcys korazin's ws damage first hit only? Same question applies to augmented khepri jacket too.
 Sylph.Rebo
Server: Sylph
user: Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2012-08-13 19:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to reacquire the head piece with new stats from Moogle Mission "Smash a malevolent menace" what is the easiest/best setup to do this mission now that cap is 99?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-13 19:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu solo with Azure Lore! :O
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 859 860 861