Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 688 689 690 ... 836 837 838
By Tathamet 2021-01-27 18:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to release a particular trust without disengaging? Kinda like a /pmcd kick Yoran-Oran(UC) type of thing? Likes to run out of MP during Wildskeeper Reives.
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-01-27 18:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

/refa all
/refa Yoran-Oran
[+]
By Kazaki 2021-01-28 09:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how to buy multiple copies of the game from the Square Enix Store? After successfully buying one, I am now stuck with "You have reached the purchase limit for this product".
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-28 09:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no limit on the SE store... POIDH

Or maybe I haven't reached it yet... How many have you bought lol
By Kazaki 2021-01-28 09:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
There's no limit on the SE store... POIDH

Or maybe I haven't reached it yet... How many have you bought lol

Had 3 for a good while, decided to get more. It allowed the 4th but not the 5th. I ended up going onto steam to get the 5th, but now I'm not sure if I buy a second from steam will it give me more CD keys or will it mess up because it's all on the same steam account... So hard to give SE money.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-28 09:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It limits you per day, they won't let you obviously multibox. If you buy tomorrow it should be totally normal. (the SE store) I don't know about steam.

On that note though... it IS actually way harder than it should be to give square your money. I can't even count the number of times I've been denied ability to pay them today, try again tomorrow. (or switching devices sometimes etc)
By Kazaki 2021-01-28 09:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah I didn't think of a per-day limit. Thank you Eiryl, I'll try again tomorrow.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-28 16:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering something about packetloss.
Let's say for instance I cast Sleepga on some target, but then the relative packet gets lost.
I won't see the message on the chatlog, quite often I'm not even gonna see the animation, and consequentially Timers won't get updated because no packet related to Sleepga was ever fully transmitted.

Yet the in-game menu correctly displays the recast time left on Sleepga.
So... how can that happen? The internal menu recast calculation should work on packets as well, shouldn't it?
How come it doesn't get affected by a lost packet?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-28 16:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

My best guess would be that the menu probably has its own update packet, very likely requested from the server when you open a menu. But since this isn't the same packet that timers is watching it doesn't up date your recast timers.

Perhaps someone familiar with the actual mechanics can confirm or deny.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-28 16:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

A packet that gets requested when you open the menu, similar to when you use the "/recast <name>" command.

Honestly it feels to me like the timer is already there, for all abilities that have a cooldown, but I can't be 100% sure.
It could be just like you said.
I thought maybe the menu cooldowns are calculated client-side only, that could lead (potentially) to inaccurate cooldowns occasionally, but would be unaffected by lost packets.

I dunno, maybe your hypothesys is more likely.

Sigh, wish FFXI had official and mantained APIs instead of all this reverse engineering :-(

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2021-01-29 06:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

whats it?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-29 06:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I was wondering something about packetloss.
Let's say for instance I cast Sleepga on some target, but then the relative packet gets lost.
I won't see the message on the chatlog, quite often I'm not even gonna see the animation, and consequentially Timers won't get updated because no packet related to Sleepga was ever fully transmitted.

Yet the in-game menu correctly displays the recast time left on Sleepga.
So... how can that happen? The internal menu recast calculation should work on packets as well, shouldn't it?
How come it doesn't get affected by a lost packet?

Honestly, I don't mean to call you a liar, but I think you're misremembering. The recast is sent in the same packet as the spell complete, and if you block that packet the menu stays at 0s recast.

I actually looked into this more recently, and it seems that you only lose spell complete packets for your own spells(no JA) and only in instances. At the time, I was trying to make a predictive plugin that would notice your spell complete never happened and set the recast in client memory so you'd still get a recast timer. Given the goal of that endeavor, I am extremely confident that the timer is not set when the packet is dropped.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-29 06:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sudra said: »
Is there a random question thread for non-XI questions? I’m not having any luck with google answering my question.

Random thoughts works fine for that

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-29 06:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No one knows anything about it anyway. it's a waiting game.

Ok; The question... that probably no one can answer. Gonna be like 12 "how in the hell" questions.

I've seen some of these... Taking a break, if you happen to know one of them before I delete them, let me know what they came from. I haven't looked for any of them yet, they're just what I have left. Any answers would be awesome.

Fortune's Favorite - Does this exist or not?
High Roller - Does this exist or not?
Raptor Wrangler - https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Full_Speed_Ahead! Right?
The Eternal Wind - Something to do with the Orchestron?
Wildcat Publicist Aht Urhgan Warps (not sure exact condition)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-29 09:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

People who pay attention to RUN, how were these 3 titles obtained

Blade Enthusiast
Runic Emissary
Maester of Maddening

They have something to do with Octavien. Somewhere in the series of armors?
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-29 10:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know which of those I have, but I can check later

My worry about run would be if there was a missable title for the quest where you can examine every strange apparatus for KIs but only need to examine 3 minimum. Whoops.
By LightningHelix 2021-01-29 10:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lower than the Lowest Tunnel Worm
This is from A Pose by Any Other Name if you refuse to model for her or do it too late rather than at the correct time.

Looks like it's mutually exclusive with Supermodel so it shouldn't affect your total count.

e: oh, and Moblin Kinsman is from "A Generous General?" - one of the the hat quests.

and "Zeroine to Heroine" and "Every Ilm a Heroine" are the Iroha battlefields, Letter from Iroha and Letter from Reisenjima
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-01-29 10:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sworn to the Dark Divinity

That's doing the quest A Stygian Pact 12 times, and choosing the same/proper response each time.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-29 10:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

LightningHelix said: »
Lower than the Lowest Tunnel Worm
This is from A Pose by Any Other Name if you refuse to model for her or do it too late rather than at the correct time.

Looks like it's mutually exclusive with Supermodel so it shouldn't affect your total count.

e: oh, and Moblin Kinsman is from "A Generous General?" - one of the the hat quests.

and "Zeroine to Heroine" and "Every Ilm a Heroine" are the Iroha battlefields, Letter from Iroha and Letter from Reisenjima

Suppose I'll try to fail on purpose, then zone and complete, see if you can obtain both.

... I had the moblin kin, I just forgot to erase it from my list /fail
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-29 11:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bg.... How the *** you not gonna have the titles for the master trials listed. The whole point of that is the title (and the lame weapon)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-29 12:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Another fun title question pertains to those 4 random select brd titles (odorous adventure, etc), do those need to be from a specific bard randomly giving it to you? or will any of them

I can contribute in the fact that I have odorous adventurer from the south sandy title npc /nod
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-29 12:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been visiting all the bards and letting them chose for me, I haven't seen one of the titles yet.

if it's true random, less titles would've been optimal...
if it's # of times allowed to change, then I'll find them eventually.

I have not checked to see if I got any, only that I know they were not changed to it after I started doing it purposefully.
(they have a global cooldown... a game day? it's at least some amount of minutes)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-29 12:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess start a new character, dont do anything, and have the bard in one place change your title once a game day and see if it will give you all 4 from the same person

edit: Just got insignificant adventurer from first random title I tried from bastok title npc. Worth noting that the sandy npc also gave me odorous adventurer first try from them. So maybe its bastok/sandy/windy/jeuno? Either that, I'm just extremely and weirdly lucky. Maybe, because I've tried to get titles from both jeuno npcs before and didn't get any of the random bard ones. Never tried windy npc so I'll do that next game day.

Also testing guildwork and titles, it seems that if you have your profile open with the title showing, and you //gw flush, it shows up instantly on the guildwork page as having earned the title.
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2021-01-29 12:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

How many titles are there for putting down monsters in Monster Rearing? Old wiki implies three, but the titles don't make a whole lot of sense. I have Clumsy Cleaver. Are Disciplined Dissecto and Established Examiner the other two? (And if anyone knows, how many does it take for each?)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-29 12:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

1000 sacrifices is the last title for killing monsters, so yeah gl with that. And I think it's just those three
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-29 12:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There's 4, you get the first one automatically from the quest. Cry not caretaker.

it's kind of "technically correct" The baby sheep dies but isn't counted in your kill count.

Quest/10/100/1000

(I'm thinking about how I want to post the "how you get every title" thread) And Where I want to take it.)

Phase 1 is just this is how, the name of the thing, you look it up.
2 is links to every quest/mission/mob
3 would be a speedrun abridged "clear inventory, grab all this ***and lets go questing"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-29 13:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

it would definitely be a good place to meet like-minded crazy people to grind out the group titles with! go for it
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-29 13:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

And FYI, I just checked my windy title npc and I have both lower than the lowest tunnel worm and super model titles, so I don't think they are mutually exclusive. Maybe even if you don't get one, the other just gets added to the NPC (this is what happens with the blm AF1 quest where you choose to side with koru/yoran/shantotto and it gives 1 title out of 3, you can get the other 2 later from title npc)
First Page 2 3 ... 688 689 690 ... 836 837 838