Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 674 675 676 ... 850 851 852
 Asura.Wotasu
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-11-07 02:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »
I'm now Tri-boxing and when I go to check my log in game, I crash on that character. Didn't happen with dual boxing.

Is it an addon? Craft perhaps? Or is 3 the limit of my shitbox of a PC?
Only happen when you expand chat log? Outdated xiview? If so download latest update xiview
[+]
By Rips 2020-11-07 02:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »
I'm now Tri-boxing and when I go to check my log in game, I crash on that character. Didn't happen with dual boxing.

Only happen when you expand chat log? Outdated xiview? If so download latest update xiview

Oh, possible. Didn't think of that.

Thanks.
By Rips 2020-11-07 14:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »

This is my first time doing this. Do I just copy that 15.Dat file for the October update and copy it into my FFXI folder? If so, in what folder? I see a bunch of ROM folders.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-11-07 14:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sudra said: »
If you’ve never used xiview dats before, it’s probably not that.

Plus, if they are all on the same pc that would make all your characters crash.(If it was a bad dat.)
The XiView old file only crashed when you expanded chat log after SE added the Assist Channels(last update).
But if Rips isnt using xiview then that's not the problem.
Could try adding sandbox from the plugin page.
By Rips 2020-11-07 15:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I am using XIview.
By RadialArcana 2020-11-07 15:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a lot of characters running on the pc it mixes up the chat history and it can cause a crash, there is a plugin called sandbox or something in the windower addon menu. Try that.
By Rips 2020-11-07 16:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
If you have a lot of characters running on the pc it mixes up the chat history and it can cause a crash, there is a plugin called sandbox or something in the windower addon menu. Try that.

Thank you dude. I will tonight.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-11-07 19:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Are all 200 active players? Why not just start by deleting a bunch of the older ones?
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2020-11-07 19:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

it's way more than 50, but i'm not going to count beyond that

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-07 19:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You should take advantage of a yell filter, there are (at least) two now, and they're very effective at blocking all that ***.
By Autocast 2020-11-08 08:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a reason Pluot/perf pop conditions just dont work sometimes in vagary? I can be doing a set of 5 runs and have zero issues spawning them then get to a run and they just refuse to spawn.

It's always with the magic bursts as well, will get credit/key item messages for every other objective but then start magic bursting and just never get credit for it.

is there an exact amount of damage required for the non kill magic bursts? I've done everything from 2500-9000, and like I said I usually have no issue spawning them but every few runs these objectives just refuse to complete.

Do you have to not use a skillchain related to mob weakness? using sch to clear them.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-08 08:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally the one i have the most trouble to complete when playing with SCH is the kill with Nukes, but i just saw that they modified BG page so that you actually need to one shot is so that makes sense as i normally grab that objective pretty easy when cleaving on BLU.

About the magic burst, they were always reliable to me. As I play with mules, i have full control of what they do so you just need to figure one run you had no issue then turn that almost like a macro.

Normally i aim to deal around 4k dmg. If the mob is left with just a bit of health before dead, then thats enough. IIRC, you dont need to hit its weakness, its just easier to do.
By Autocast 2020-11-08 09:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the thing its the same character doing the objectives every time, I multi box so I'm doing them.

Just had two runs in a row again when I cleared every objective and then couldn't clear magic burst no kill and magic burst kills, literally just doing magic bursts until time is nearly up.

I've dropped my dmg down to 2500 magic bursts, I've brought it up to 7k, and done 4.5k (like 15+ at each range). repeatedly and the objective just refuses to clear.

Does that magic burst spell have to be a specific tier?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-11-08 10:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Disclaimer: Not 100% sure, but done hundreds of run on this premise.

The non kill magic bursts need to be at least 5k. The kill magic bursts can be any amount. I drastically gimp my nuke set on one char and do first burst for around 6k, then second burst from another char for max damage with T3. This seems to always get my 5 MBs in 5 kills.

The plain magic kills seem a bit inconsistant for me, though.

Edit: I would also note that it's possible for the server to drop the message saying the KI darkened or w.e, and since it only goes to one character, you wouldn't know. If you think you did the req correctly, proceed to the next req and it'll usually pop anyway.
[+]
By Autocast 2020-11-08 10:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

have my windows positioned in a way to where Im watching the chat logs of the char whos pop I'm using, as well as the two magic bursts being the only objectives left.

I'll try to fine tune my proc set to make the damage more consistent and sit around the 6k~ mark I suppose.

Thanks for the info.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2020-11-08 11:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Autocast said: »
Does that magic burst spell have to be a specific tier?
no, it doesnt. I often disable my gear swaps and use tier 3 or 4 to get the sweet spot. and as mentioned above, packet loss is very frequent in vagary for some strange reason, so you're better off manually counting when you successfully complete the objective instead of relying on the message.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-11-08 11:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Autocast said: »
have my windows positioned in a way to where Im watching the chat logs of the char whos pop I'm using, as well as the two magic bursts being the only objectives left.
It isn't about you missing it. If the server->client packet saying to show the message is dropped, it won't be resent. It's possible to clear the objective, but not get a message saying you cleared it, especially on high population servers during active hours. If it were the last objective, they'd still pop though.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-11-08 11:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

On my mules I’ve only ever done t3 einherjar.

Yesterday I bought the t1 and t2 feathers to make an Odin pop on my main, but couldn’t enter any of my mules.

Does every character need to have a t1, t2, and t3 feather???

Just need the clear for the title
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-11-08 12:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
Does every character need to have a t1, t2, and t3 feather???
yes
[+]
By Taint 2020-11-08 19:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

How long is Asura down for?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-11-08 19:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
How long is Asura down for?
...not long enough?

(sorry, someone had to)
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-11-08 19:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think until 6PM PST (About 20mins from now)
By Rips 2020-11-08 21:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

2 Questions:

1) What is that Add-on to see your AoE radius? Just saw it on youtube and it looks awesome. It's that navy blue circle.

2) Ambuscade. I don't see a level requirement on BGWiki. What's stopping a 4 boxer or 2 people dual boxing from each bringing a 3rd alt each and maxing out the currencies on all of its mules - besides time and not going crazy.

Does anyone know of anyone who does this? Sounds like a lot of cash to be made.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 674 675 676 ... 850 851 852