Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 667 668 669 ... 836 837 838
By SimonSes 2020-10-05 04:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean, it's all melee physical and hybrid ws. (I'm not 100% on asuran fists, it obviously won't add more hits, but replace the first hits with procs?)

Would be better to ask specifically than an entire list, if one is in doubt.

Wow been playing all this time and did not know that.

Main one in question was Sanguine Blade, but you answered it.

You havent known that Multi-attack can proc on physical and hybrid WSs or you havent known that they cant proc on magical WSs like Sanguine?
 Asura.Botosi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-10-05 06:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hybrids. I’ve seen random low number sanguines before and wasn’t sure if it was missing the first hit and hitting with a DA/TA or if it was just flat out resisting the first hit.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-10-05 09:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean, it's all melee physical and hybrid ws. (I'm not 100% on asuran fists, it obviously won't add more hits, but replace the first hits with procs?)

Would be better to ask specifically than an entire list, if one is in doubt.

Missed hits do not get replaced.

Quote:
I’ve seen random low number sanguines before and wasn’t sure if it was missing the first hit and hitting with a DA/TA or if it was just flat out resisting the first hit.

That's either a resist, a gearswap failure, a negative weather/day proc, or just enemy mechanics (SDT, etc). Only Katana and GK get hybrid WS.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-05 09:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't say missed.

Don't know if say you did Brazen Rush/Warrior's Charge if AF would DA and push the "normal" hits off the end (to get bonus DA damage)

I think it "has" to work that way, but I don't know for sure.
By SimonSes 2020-10-05 11:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
Hybrids. I’ve seen random low number sanguines before and wasn’t sure if it was missing the first hit and hitting with a DA/TA or if it was just flat out resisting the first hit.

Sanguine is not hybrid tho.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-10-05 11:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the quickest general way (not talking about obscure gear like Death Penalty) to take out the Dynamis-D mid-boss statues low-man?
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2020-10-05 11:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

When SoA* was released, SE changed how much damage we take compared to mob attack, do we know exactly what was changed ?
By Pantafernando 2020-10-05 11:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
What's the quickest general way (not talking about obscure gear like Death Penalty) to take out the Dynamis-D mid-boss statues low-man?

Ive been rotating mule relic unlocks just using 2 active jobs: PUP tanking and SCH with noctohelix + bursts when stratagems are up.

Though you can drop PUP (or any tank) to use Ark HM.

I think it takes around 15~20 mins with just SCH dealing dmg. Probably can do better if using 1h and being super efficient on stratagem uses.

Literally zero risks on pulling hate from auto in this setup, and zero risk of auto being defeated.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-10-05 12:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

SC + Magic Burst then? Got there and it would've taken us twenty minutes with just SCs.

Also, what's the minimum requirement of knockback reduction so that Lilith doesn't push back our tank?
By Taint 2020-10-05 12:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I did all my unlocks with Tank mule, WHM mule, DD/NIN or Ranged (any works) and Shantotto2 MBing. Kill speed depending on DDs gear but any SC works.

Summon Shantotto last so he's out of AoE range.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-10-05 12:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

SC + Magic Burst then? Got there and it would've taken us twenty minutes with just SCs.

Also, what's the minimum requirement of knockback reduction so that Lilith doesn't push back our tank?

The theorycrafting about knockback is that the more players in range, less effective is the knockback reduction.

So, in theory, its unlikely you gonna annul the effect just using gear.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2020-10-05 16:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

The theorycrafting about knockback is that the more players in range, less effective is the knockback reduction.

So, in theory, its unlikely you gonna annul the effect just using gear.

If we're talking about an actual party of people and it's just the tank in range: Knockback Reduction +6 completely negates it.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-10-05 16:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
When SoA* was released, SE changed how much damage we take compared to mob attack, do we know exactly what was changed ?
They changed mob cRatio/PDIF from 1.0-2.0 to 1.0-4.0, and enemies introduced since SoA do not have bonus attack from level correction.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-10-05 20:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Brahmsz.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-10-06 04:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Was thinking earlier, it's kind of crazy that the sub fee for FFXI has never increased in 20 years. Everything rises with inflation but not MMO subscriptions. Most other MMO games add other streams of revenue to make money but FFXI still only really has the subscription.

They are making less per customer now than they did at launch. Makes the mog wardrobe fees less obnoxious I guess.

Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-10-06 05:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I never actually gave that thought, but we know a business earns increased profits if you 1. Increase your prices, or 2. Reduce your expenses. We kinda know that SE opted for option 2.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-06 08:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting that you're paying less relative value for a character, a mule, and two wardrobes now than you were for just the character in 2002.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-08 08:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup

I already asked this question on reddit discord channel and i was answered already but i just cant find the answer back now that i need it again.

The question is, when i want to place manually my buff bubble, the cursor moves pretty slow by default.

So whats the command to increase the speed the cursor moves when i want to cast a buff bubble far away from the caster?

Thanks in advance.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-10-08 17:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-10-10 12:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have to have SMN unlocked in order to flag Waking the Beast? I've beaten all the avatars, able to get the Avatar HTMB KI, but still can't unlock this damn quest.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-10-10 12:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure the SMN quest is a prerequisite, yes.
By Taint 2020-10-10 13:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Not so random question: Of the UNM 135 monsters which cannot be done with only trusts?

All can be done with just trust.

Sovereign Behemoth takes a very specific set up to win, I think he's the hardest by far.

Sarama is the easiest.
Tolba is annoying but not hard, takes too long to spam solo.
Shedu I recommend MNK to limit his TP spam and kill him fast under 50%.
Thu'ban is straight forward play it safe he hits like a wet noodle but his TP moves can end the fight fast.
Hidhaegg just keep your trust out of breath.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2020-10-11 00:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Was thinking earlier, it's kind of crazy that the sub fee for FFXI has never increased in 20 years. Everything rises with inflation but not MMO subscriptions.

Because they increased sub fee via mog wardrobes...

Business tips and tricks 101: Don't increase your price unless you are 100% certain that your customer has no choice but pay for your products/services. Otherwise they will leave.

From business POV, with this many f2P MMO titles in the market and cheaper FFXIV sub fee, $17 a month sub fee is almost unacceptable in MMO industry when you compare the price with other MMO products. Price like $17/month will just scare potential new/returning players away. Then the game will die without new blood.

So SEs only option is to increase revenue via additional services, such as wardrobes/world transfer.
By Thunderjet 2020-10-11 17:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

how many imps do u get per day? and even with ROV it would take around 6 months to capp legend in all coalitons? and the respawn times of reives thanks.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-10-11 21:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Coalition_Assignments#Imprimaturs

Quote:
The frequency at which a pioneer can take part in Coalition Assignments is limited by the rate at which Imprimaturs are distributed. Imprimaturs are granted to all pioneers four times a day (every six hours), and can accumulate up to a maximum of 15, at which point any additional will be lost.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2020-10-11 22:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Coalition_Assignments#Imprimaturs

Quote:
The frequency at which a pioneer can take part in Coalition Assignments is limited by the rate at which Imprimaturs are distributed. Imprimaturs are granted to all pioneers four times a day (every six hours), and can accumulate up to a maximum of 15, at which point any additional will be lost.
Thanks.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-12 01:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »
how many imps do u get per day? and even with ROV it would take around 6 months to capp legend in all coalitons? and the respawn times of reives thanks.

Lair reives shoukd be 10~15 mins, colonization is 1hr, wildeskeeper should be 2-3h outside of campaign, when its respawn drop to 5-10 mins.

Also, i think is around 9 months to get. 140 per legend, 37 days x6 so around 222 days. But then you gonna need to be strict to control imprimateur wastes and always doing the latest assigment.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-12 02:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm tryin to make sense of the TP stats of Exudation.

There aren't many WS with "Attack varies with TP" effect.
Blade: Shun and Requiescat are the only ones I could think of.
Both have their respective Att/TP values expressed in percentages, Exudation is the only one who has numbers.

Does this mean that I have to convert those numbers into %?
Then +1.5 would become 50%, +3.625 would become 262.5% and +4.75 would become 375%?
Those values seem a bit too high if you ask me.
Can anybody help me making some sense out of this?
First Page 2 3 ... 667 668 669 ... 836 837 838