Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 657 658 659 ... 834 835 836
By Wotasu 2020-07-21 10:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Is it correct that you can only equip one ambuscade cape from each slot of inventory, wardrobe 1 and wardrobe 2? and there is no other way to equip more than that due to same name issue?

I have 4 capes and I'm pretty sure they did it this way to sell wardrobe 3-4.
Equipsets can handle diffrent augs of the same cape in the same wardrobe, as long as you dont sort inventory, then you have to go into every equipsets and manually reset the augged gear again.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-21 13:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

How would one go to test Naegling's Buffs > Attack bonus?
Is there a Sword WS that's 1hit and does a somewhat consistant damage, so that you could check variation in damage with more buffs?

This sounds extremely hard to test.
What if some buffs don't count?
What if the buffs cap (maximum number of buffs past which no more Buffs>Att conversion) is really low?
What if it's a % instead of a static value and/or is applied in a strange place in the WS damage formula?

But still I'm curios as to how would someone suggest to gather data about it, which setup really.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Poorenglish
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Poorenglish 2020-07-22 21:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Been a while since I played bst (pre nerf). Looking at how things are now, does the Aymur pet attack bonus work when offhanded? Or the enhance sic/ready effect?
Thanks.
By Nariont 2020-07-23 04:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

no and no
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2020-07-24 09:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

at 77 blue

ep hairpin for the eve or the blue af hat?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-07-24 11:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
at 77 blue

ep hairpin for the eve or the blue af hat?

Assuming you don't have other options like Walahra Turban or Optical Hat, I'd just use whichever until you hit 78, then swap out for the Aurore Beret, if not the whole set.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-07-25 12:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a new crafting glitch or did the original ones simply not go away?

I was able to make some pretty decent money crafting for once for like a month, but now it seems the mass synthing and self-undercutting is starting again.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-07-25 13:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Not impossible that another one exists, but the old one was patched correctly as far as I can tell. There are still a couple other factors at play, though:

-Sparks nerf made gil much more scarce; people are going to be less willing to pay exaggerated prices especially as mats crash to nothing.

-SE did not ban everyone who used the old exploit, which means people who planned properly could have tens or hundreds of billions worth of stuff left over.

-It's been long enough that people who were banned in the old patch would have been able to remake S4 shields and start legit synthing again.

-With $/m double what it was a few months back and sparks gone, RMT are more likely to engage in crafting and other activities to make gil.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-07-25 16:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
How would one go to test Naegling's Buffs > Attack bonus?
Is there a Sword WS that's 1hit and does a somewhat consistant damage, so that you could check variation in damage with more buffs?

This sounds extremely hard to test.
What if some buffs don't count?
What if the buffs cap (maximum number of buffs past which no more Buffs>Att conversion) is really low?
What if it's a % instead of a static value and/or is applied in a strange place in the WS damage formula?

But still I'm curios as to how would someone suggest to gather data about it, which setup really.

Hmmm gave this some thought and one testing means I could think of on the fly is to grab either a WAR or a PLD and a COR or a RDM (both if possible) and take them to Diorama for awhile.

WAR or PLD would be ideal because of Souveran Armor sets to cap out thier HP and DT. This should allow for a viable "Sandbag" to push numbers on that wont just up and die on you.

DT shouldn't skew results as this series of tests are only meant to examine the mechanics of the Naegling's Attack boost which is purely pDIF. As long as no gear changes are ever made, this shouldn't be a problem for testing.

Bring a Healer and possibly a BRD for the Defender and a couple of buffers for the Attacker and test with Flat Blade at the defender's back to avoid any potential defensive mechanics interfering.

• A quick test should be done to make sure that PvPlayer pDIF functions the same as PvMonster (It should? but better safe than sorry?)

• TP will not needed be controlled for the Attacker as long as Flatblade is the WS of choice; it's fTP is locked at 1.0 and extra TP only adds more stun so this WS is ideal.

• No Multi-Attack Gear of any kind is to be used from the Attacker

• have a BRD and Healer Fully boost the Defender's DEF with Protect and Minne so that you are more or less floored before testing. Or simply math it to get to the exact threshold if so desired.

• Sample at least 10 Flat Blades against the Defender with no interfering buffs (no Solace) at different buff levels while recording damage averages.

• Any buffs that add Attack or Multi-Attack are not allowed; they will skew results by adding additional attacks or screwing up the pDIF beyond what the sword is being tested for

• Once you have a decent set of Averages you should be able to math out the differences of pDIF between them to get an approximate guess as to how much attack is added per buff

• From there, you can proceed to add buffs and testing to see if there is any limit at all, and to further extent, if there are any buffs that simply do not work

• Always bear in mind that this game and all of it's values are made by humans. Humans like clean and/or easy numbers so if your testing lines up very close to a matching 8-bit number, those are almost damning odds that it is the precise value.

Testing will require a few friends and possibly 2-4 hours (or more) to get the mechanic properly pegged down. Hopefully this information helps and hopefully your team has the patience to see it through lol.
RDM/NIN, COR/NIN or BRD/NIN come to mind as ideal Attackers for this test as they all have low base attack and can bring several of their own buffs. You'd likely want all 3 on the attacking side anyway just for buffsies but any one of them can do the attacking.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-25 16:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ballista has lots of weird modifications to the damage formulas that we don't understand, and these include weaponskills. Testing there will not work unless you rigorously test what the differences are.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-25 16:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Amusing that the said measure to combat RMT (though i still think they meant measure to combat RMT inflation) increased twice even three times their incoming.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-07-25 16:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Ballista has lots of weird modifications to the damage formulas that we don't understand, and these include weaponskills. Testing there will not work unless you rigorously test what the differences are.

Ahh damn that sucks..

Well the next option would be to grab a Tank, Healer, Attacker and a bunch of buffers and go swinging at Apex Toads. Toads are ideal because they have no TP moves at all so there's no way for them to mess up your results. The only hiccup is that if at some point you cap pDIF from raw Naegling buff and you still have more buffs to use, you're SOL. You'd either have to sub WAR and use Defender to further decrease your attack (Which works because you can keep it full time but also sucks because WAR sub gives DA) OR swap to Apex Crabs and try your best to make sure it has Scissor Guard but NOT Metallic Body up.

• Use Battlemod so you can check the mob level and make sure each Toad is the same level for consistency

• Have the Tank just keep hate, no interfering attacks

• Use an attack set that's not Malignance but has as much Acc as possible. Malignance only becomes a problem if/when you cap pDIF and will screw with your test results with its PDL boosts

• Test should proceed same as Ballista model, just keep recording averages until you have viable results.

• As stated above, if you cap pDIF and still have several buffs to go, you'll have no choice but to find another mob with more defense. BUT if you manage to hit pDIF cap with buffs alone with Naegling, that's pretty ridiculous and will call a different limitation question to mind; how many buffs can one player have at a time?

Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-07-25 19:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Have the devs ever commented on the hidden/unused areas in East Ronfaure [S] and Pashhow [S]?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-25 19:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

True, but to give a rough idea of how Naegling's Buffs>Att conversion works, it could be enough, no?

Anyway, here is a list of the possible WSs I've considered:
1) Flat Blade - single hit, TP doesn't affect damage
2) Circle Blade - same as above, but it's AoE

Other physical Sword WS that don't have damage scaling with TP are Knights of Round (can't use it with Naegling), Death Blossom (it's 3 hit, could skew upr esults) and Swift Blade (likewise).
Would anyone have any better WS to suggest?

Next we need to create a setup where:
1) Gear used for WS is always the same
2) There is no PDL in any form
3) No multiattack in any way
4) Single Wield (no weapon offhand)

At this point all that is left is a target where we wouldn't be att capped, so that raising attack would make a difference in the damage of the WS, allowing us to discern (hopefully?) something about Naegling's effect.

To sum up what we would need in a target
1) Pick targets of the same level
2) Targets that do not use buffs/steal stats/anything that can modify their stats/defense
3) Make sure whomever is in pt with us (trusts, real players) do not debuff targets, or if they do, the same debuffs on every single target, so that results will be consistant.

I dunno, this sounds like it could a good setup? No clue which target to pick though.
Other than Ballista/Brenner I have no idea where to go for a test like this.

Edit:
Yandaime Apex Toad looks like an interesting target but you would have to pick ones of the same level.
Without Chaos Roll, Att Food, Minuets, Fury nor Frailty I'm skeptic you would cap attack easily.
I seriously doubt Naegling Buff>Att conversion would be anything as powerful as to allow you to cap att during WS just with the conversion itself.
I suspect the number to be small and I also suspect there's gonna be a cap somewhere and that some buffs won't work (i.e. won't convert into attack)
Also /WAR is a bad idea. Yes Defender is nice, but /WAR also gives you Double Attack and we want to avoid any form of multiattack at all costs. WS numbers have to be consistant.
Either you miss or you hit. It's always gonna be one or the other with no possible multiattack variations.
That way the numbers one gathers would be consistant.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-07-25 21:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

wait, I said all of that already xD Its all good though. Yeah, that should be a good platform for testing this thing out.

There are some notes on the weapon on BG which are usually accompanied with testing notes from other players but there don't seem to be any on this weapon. Looks like hand testing needs to be done to see what's really going on with this thing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-07-25 21:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like there was some testing on Naegling done on the JP blog leaguemili.com.

They use circle blade to do AoE testing on Apex toads. But it seems like the results may not have been conclusive? The google translate is confusing me a bit here.

I think that they are saying that it is unclear if this is actually an attack bonus, or some other dmg increasing factor, and that they can't verify cause they can't test at atk cap.

But the result that they did have so far seemed to equate to about atk+10 or +1% per buff.

Take it all with a big fat grain of salt. Maybe get someone who can actually read JP to look at it.
[+]
By pawnoee 2020-07-26 04:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we learn blue spells from opponents in Ballista ?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-07-26 09:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

pawnoee said: »
no
By pawnoee 2020-07-26 11:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
pawnoee said: »
no
Thank you
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-07-28 08:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
/pcmd looter Mule

QMs my mule

How do I un-QM (return to lottery) via the commandline?
By Pantafernando 2020-07-28 09:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe

/pcmd Kick Mule
/wait 1
/pcmd add Mule

?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-28 09:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Looks like there was some testing on Naegling done on the JP blog leaguemili.com.

They use circle blade to do AoE testing on Apex toads. But it seems like the results may not have been conclusive? The google translate is confusing me a bit here.

I think that they are saying that it is unclear if this is actually an attack bonus, or some other dmg increasing factor, and that they can't verify cause they can't test at atk cap.

But the result that they did have so far seemed to equate to about atk+10 or +1% per buff.

Take it all with a big fat grain of salt. Maybe get someone who can actually read JP to look at it.
I was a bit against it at start because I was thinking "what if the buff works only for the main target and not the others?" but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Would need to test at att capped and I think that's possible with a BRD SV minuet for 10 mins, a GEO bolstering fury/frailty and maybe a COR giving Chaos Roll.

Would a tank manage to keep hate from Frogs being hit together by multiple Circle Blades?
Would maybe need an enmity- buff on the one using Circle Blade.
NIN with Yonin/Gekka, BRD's Dirge, SCH's Animus: Minuo, I dunno.

But yeah, doing a test at capped attack would tell us if the buff granted by Naegling is a straight Att+ for each buff, or some other form of damage multipler that works even at capped attack.

Now... how can you cap attack on multiple targets without giving the Circle Blade spammer att buffs?
Don't think you can.
Idris bolster Frailty and Diaga won't be enough.
Granted I'm pretty confident that some buffs get ignored by the Naegling Conversion, good luck finding which though.
You would probably need to accept a couple of buffs (SV minuet5 + Bolster Fury?) and hope that those, paired with Bolster Frailty and Diaga will be enough to cap att on Apex Frogs?
Then start adding stupid buffs like Protect, Shell, Haste etc and see what happens.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-28 09:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it would. Diaga + Bolster Idris Frailty is defense -93.76%. Even if you only had a piddling 1000 attack, unless the enemy had resistance to geo debuffs, it would need almost five thousand defense for you to not cap.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-07-28 09:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone independantly verified that idris bolster frailty is actually the amount people claim it is? We know the calculations and the order they apply, but I can't recall anyone ever demonstrating that no cap exists.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-28 09:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I do believe that people confirmed that Idris Frailty + something like Angon completely floored enemy defense to 1 back when Idris first came out, but it was so long ago I couldn't tell you exactly where documentation was.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-28 10:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it would. Diaga + Bolster Idris Frailty is defense -93.76%. Even if you only had a piddling 1000 attack, unless the enemy had resistance to geo debuffs, it would need almost five thousand defense for you to not cap.
Is those Frogs' defense so low?
Good to know though, would make the testing setup much more manageable!

So, who wants to do like 10 mins of Circleblades while carefully logging all the damage? :-P

I can't do that myself but if you need help you can call me out on Asura! <3
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-07-28 10:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Checkparam doesn't seem to work on charmed pets(at least with virelai). How would you verify defense is 1 outside of a ballista setting? Check with a lv1 char?

Edit: Yep, that does the trick. Ashen Tiger in kamihr drifts checks as high evasion/high defense on a lv1 with 14 attack. Bolster frailty, still high def. Add in Dia2, low defense.

Is those Frogs' defense so low?
Good to know though, would make the testing setup much more manageable!
Doesn't matter if it's low, taking 93% off anything is going to make it pretty weak. At 2000 base defense, that only leaves them with 140, which would let you cap attack with only your weapon on PLD. They most likely have much less than 2000.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-28 12:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If its that easy to drop mobs defense, i wonder how Strong would asuran fists be with malignance + karambit, as with pdif capped, pdl would be like wsd applied to all hits.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-30 08:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a typo in the description but yes, there are 2 parts of the campaign, and in both of them there are SPkeys, meaning we gonna have the keys the entire campaign duration, or from 07 to 31 (despite description saying its from 17 to 31)
First Page 2 3 ... 657 658 659 ... 834 835 836