Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 647 648 649 ... 834 835 836
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-23 18:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't overlook Bow for RDM. Empyreal Arrow activate!
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2020-05-23 18:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how everyone skipped over Shining one. That polearm is an absolute beast.
It's generally a contest between that and dagger for the pick of being the first weapon you should upgrade. Dagger can even function as an offhand even after you get REMA for the mainhand.
Polearm: War sam drg (drg being the job it's weakest on due to less tp overflow or tp bonus than the other jobs on it)
Dagger: thf DNC COR (MAB for leaden if no rostams) RDM
Sword:
Cor (Savage blade all the things with a tp bonus gun)
rng ( Savage blade all the things with a tp bonus bow and wsd20% arrow if you dont wanna pew pew for some absurd reason
RDM: Savage blade because you don't have a Croc
War: Savage blade because you can and it hits hard
By Afania 2020-05-23 18:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
Dagger: thf DNC COR (MAB for leaden if no rostams)

Its bis for leaden even with Rostams.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2020-05-23 19:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but if you're wearing rostrams you're probably wearing em for the rolls, the stp the multi attack, or the 12-36% extra dt you're getting for offending it at minimum instead of a little bit more leaden damage.
Still good to keep in mind when doing dynamis statue campaigns.
By SimonSes 2020-05-24 01:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
Yeah, but if you're wearing rostrams you're probably wearing em for the rolls, the stp the multi attack, or the 12-36% extra dt you're getting for offending it at minimum instead of a little bit more leaden damage.
Still good to keep in mind when doing dynamis statue campaigns.

Pretty sure Afania only talked about sub hand Tauret vs Rostam, not main hand. So Rostam would only be -DT and some macc vs Tauret better dps.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-24 04:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone got a pulse weapon from special gobbie keys lately? I got some years ago but nothing recently, wondering if they took them otu of the pool.
By Draylo 2020-05-24 04:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I got an asteria on my mule about 3 months ago
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-05-24 05:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

A better question would be if BG info is automatically updated in case some item tag is changed. Regarding to pulse weapon like Asteria the flag "Obtainable from Goblin Box" is still there.

Another question is if there are more tags to specify if an item is obtainable for other means. Like, can the item have a tag like "Obtainable from AMAN trove" or "Obtainable from ??? box+1/2"?
[+]
By geigei 2020-05-24 05:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Has anyone got a pulse weapon from special gobbie keys lately? I got some years ago but nothing recently, wondering if they took them otu of the pool.
Yes.
[+]
By asuraasrial 2020-05-24 21:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone tell me how to get the "enhances Shellra V" augment onto my Piety Pantaloons? Any assistance is appreciated!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-24 22:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That augment doesn't exist anymore, it was changed.

You get the enhanced effect automatically.
By Korgull 2020-05-24 22:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

According to BG Wiki, Cleric/Piety Pantaloons get the "Enhances "Afflatus Misery' effect", not related to Shellra V.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Piety_Pantaloons

Anyways, when you reforge relic armor to the ilvl versions, you get the augment automatically.

Edit: What Eiryl said.
By asuraasrial 2020-05-24 22:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes sense as to why I couldn't figure it out. I was for sure I remembered the relic pants doing that back when I used to play before. Thanks for the insight!
By RadialArcana 2020-05-25 15:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to speed up checking boxes in abyssea, to see which have time extensions.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-25 15:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Is there a way to speed up checking boxes in abyssea, to see which have time extensions.

/item "forbidden key" <t>
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2020-05-25 16:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you need cruor just go do voidwatch for like 20 minutes and you'll have more cruor than you know what to do with and then you don't have to worry about what you dump your keys on.
[+]
By Kazaki 2020-05-26 10:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Jhakri +2 vs Merlinic for nuking and MBing

Is merlinic only better when it has amazing augments? At what point of MAB augs is merlinic better?
By Pantafernando 2020-05-26 10:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Merlinic is prefered when you still didnt cap magic burst dmg. Once you cap it, amalric +1 would be the best set aside head and eventually one or two pieces of Ea set.

If comparing jhakri with merlinic, the difference should be visible just with mab/macc/int stats. Jhakri though, has a lot of downsides like no hp or mp and worse defensive stats. So, if you can choose Just between those 2, investing on merlinc would be a better option
[+]
By Kazaki 2020-05-27 04:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-05-28 13:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone confirm if fern stones can give Pet: Regen 5 on Valorous gear? Wiki is not clear
By Kazaki 2020-05-29 08:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Is "Magic Burst Damage +5" the same as "Magic Burst Damage" +5% ?

E.g. The stat on Seshaw Cape and the stat you can augment on Merlinic gear

Trying to get to the 40% MB cap without going too far over and wasting slots. Thanks.
 Bismarck.Batton
Server: Bismarck
user: BattonBiz
By Bismarck.Batton 2020-05-29 10:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Tis the same
 Shiva.Dayone
Server: Shiva
user: day1
By Shiva.Dayone 2020-05-29 12:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there such a thing as Skillchain Potency?

I was gearing up to test this out but thought I'd ask first.

If you use your normal WSD gear for the WS, then (quickly?) swap to SC potency gear (sacro or oseem augs) does that effect the SC dmg? Or is it all calculated at the time of the closing WS?

Has this been tested?

Would be interesting if this did have an effect then would things like MACC come into play?
By Pantafernando 2020-05-29 20:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Kazaki said: »
Is "Magic Burst Damage +5" the same as "Magic Burst Damage" +5% ?

E.g. The stat on Seshaw Cape and the stat you can augment on Merlinic gear

Trying to get to the 40% MB cap without going too far over and wasting slots. Thanks.

Just to be sure, compared Mizukage (MB+10) with static+locus (bonus dmg added, but wikis says MB+5%), same dmg so indeed MB+10 = MB+10%.

Shiva.Dayone said: »
Is there such a thing as Skillchain Potency?

I was gearing up to test this out but thought I'd ask first.

If you use your normal WSD gear for the WS, then (quickly?) swap to SC potency gear (sacro or oseem augs) does that effect the SC dmg? Or is it all calculated at the time of the closing WS?

Has this been tested?

Would be interesting if this did have an effect then would things like MACC come into play?

BG formula says the skillchain depend on closing WS. If there is a interval between the closing WS and the actual SC dmg, im sure the interval is absolutely impossible to allow a swap vanilla way. If there is a gap between both dmg, just with packets you would manage any swap, but most likely its instant.

A skillchain can be resisted so MACC do have a play on this.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/36495-Skillchain-Resist-Rates
 Shiva.Kasaioni
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-05-30 22:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody ever figure out if there's anything that determines the damage of "Level ? Holy" during the Cait Sith fight, or is it just random?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-05-30 22:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Skillchains cannot be resisted; they were rehauled since that post.

Skillchains now do fixed fractions of the closing WS based on the target's resistance rank.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-31 04:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
Anybody ever figure out if there's anything that determines the damage of "Holy ?" during the Cait Sith fight, or is it just random?

I was actually trying to figure this when current campaigns hit. So I didnt try after that.

I does seems to have some formula/pattern to hit. But its something quite exotic thats hard 5o figure. Ive tried lots of hypothesis but none seemed consistent. Obviously it isnt related to current ilv because everyone is 99/119. Most likely involve some division with some player attribute, as you can see with all taking hits from 1 and none taking hits from 6, but which playeR attribute, thats the biggest question. Most of time its seems the current HP, as you can seem everyone HP / dice with remainder get hit. But there are fights where a char that wasnt suposed to get hit just get one shot.

Some fights a number kills a char, but after reraising, that char becomes immune to that same number meaning the attribute is variable. Dmg seems to increase as the fight go on. You wont get capped dmg right at start, but as the fight go on, it gets too high. Relating to this, my current theory is that either consecutive divine favor or holy itself either buff his magic power like you can see with banishga hitting very hard, or just a direct multiplier to holy. And if it progressively increase, most likely there is a mechanism to revert that. If i ever find the pattern, gonna see if there is a “proc” on this, unless dev expected to be a zerged fight, but i dont think contents are developed under this premise, that you just will win if you rush your dmg neglecting everything else.

My current theory is that the pattern varies with day, with some days being HP / dice -> remainder? Yes, dmg. Other days its a pattern yet to be found.

TL, DR: no idea. Nothing is actually random. Maybe just hard to figure.

Btw, all jp sources i checked, every single of them completely ignore Cait Sith. Kinda sad that.
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2020-05-31 08:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

JP wiki says this about Level ? Holy.

Quote:
「HP?ホーリー」は6面ダイスの出目でPCのHPmaxが割り切れた場合に光ダメージが入る。射程は精霊魔法よりも長い。
「ディバインフェーバー」の使用でHP?ホーリーの威力が数万にまで上がる。一度HP?ホーリーを撃てば元に戻る。スケ鎧身代わりは有効である。
ディバインフェーバーの使用率は低めに設定されているが、弱体や閾値以上の魔法ダメージを受けると必ずHP?ホーリーとセットで使用する。
https://w.atwiki.jp/bartlett3/pages/314.html#15

As far as I can understand, the dice roll is divided against player max HP to determine whether or not it will deal damage. Furthermore, Divine Favor's usage may have some connection with either the frequency and/or power of Level ? Holy. You can probably greatly reduce the damage if you just make your max HP in your idle/engaged set a prime number.

Also, the JP name of the skill is HP ? Holy rather than Level ? Holy, which makes more sense.
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-05-31 13:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. Did a bunch of runs for the first time yesterday with a tank, 2 DDs and a healer on N, and it's mostly fine so long as the tank didn't get hit by Holy. I'll maybe mess with my max HP and see if that makes any noticeable difference.
First Page 2 3 ... 647 648 649 ... 834 835 836