Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 619 620 621 ... 831 832 833
By fonewear 2019-11-14 08:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
If it’s your shiva mule I’ll help

Yea let me know when is a good time maybe later tonight.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-11-14 09:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah for sure, I should get back in around 7pm mnt
By fonewear 2019-11-14 09:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Yeah for sure, I should get back in around 7pm mnt

Sounds good.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-11-14 09:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Does Sylvie follow normal bubble proc rules?
If you mean in terms of enmity and needing to tag the mob to apply debuffs, Sylvie always uses an indi buff as her main bubble, and the only debuff she uses is entrusted indi-Frailty. So as long as you are tagging your mobs, you should be getting that benefit.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-11-14 10:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Infamy said: »
here is the best place to get intermediate GearSwap advice these days? If the answer is "here" then here's my actual question:

I typically just manually switch to an STP TP set when Mythic aftermath is up, but surely there has to be a way to automatically switch sets when the buff is active, right? Is there a simple way to do just add a few lines for it? I'm not worried about fussing with hybrid AM sets or any other craziness, just a basic STP set when active. Thanks so much.

This is the simplest implementation of what you are trying to do(assuming you are using Mote):
Code
-- Adds AM3 gear if active
function customize_melee_set(meleeSet)
    if buffactive['Aftermath: Lv.3'] then
        meleeSet = set_combine(meleeSet, sets.yourAftermathGear)
    end

return meleeSet
end

-- Force AM3 gear check on AM activation
function job_buff_change(buff,gain)
    if buff:startswith('Aftermath') and gain then
        customize_melee_set()
        handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
    end
end

Just make sure to define 'sets.yourAftermathGear' with your STP gear or just replace that set name with your STP one
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-14 13:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone that was curious, I answered my own question finally.

Potpourri does not cap at 1 million.(had no reason to suspect it would, but was curious)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-11-14 13:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Potpourri does not cap at 1 million.(had no reason to suspect it would, but was curious)

Come back when you find the true cap

Edit: but maybe you can guess by checking the data type of the chunk that brings potpurri info?

Fields.lua says its signed int, but it should have changed at some point. The next type of data that surpass 1M is long int? Maybe the cap would be 2147483647, or maybe 100M if they bothered to leave a "clean" number
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-14 14:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Come back when you find the true cap

QQ If I haven't been banned before I reach the next possible cap (10 million) I will be a really *** sad boy.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-11-16 03:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone ever use any of the less popular Trusts from the Login Campaign and would recommend acquiring? The ones I already have are:
Najelith
Star Sibyl
Kuyin
Brygid
Shantotto II
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-16 04:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Suggest get them all, simply because when they add the next quest, you don't want to get screwed over.

Talking about the 86+ level up quest.

Strictly as a "are they usable", The rest, not really, lol

Ullegore is a decent BLM (unhealable)
Lion has TH 1
Mayakov/Uka for haste samba
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-11-16 10:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ever figured out what the Unity Shirts do other than change UC trust summon text?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2019-11-16 12:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ullegore is a decent BLM (unhealable)

Ullegore is healable.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2019-11-16 12:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Anyone ever use any of the less popular Trusts from the Login Campaign and would recommend acquiring?
  • Zeid - kinda moot now with II being better in every way.

• Lion - same

• Naja - gross. I don't comprehend how anyone likes this hag.

• Lehko - novelty of having a male mithra, he also triggers the Mihgos

• Luzaf - why would you not want a Sexy Zombie Prince? (He also makes darkness SCs a lot)

• Domina - good to have a team of magic casters for when you want to do the 20 magic kills but are too lazy to change to a magic job

• Karaha - One of the better melee healers, though he does AoE damage... he's one of the few with a natural refresh that gets bumped up with Sibyl. Plus he's one of the only ones (if not the only one) who will do barspells.

• Areuhat - As my avatar would indicate, I have a soft spot for old women who can turn into dragons. (even if her Trust doesn't, she still does the TP moves.)

• Uka - One of the best healers for those Ambuscades that get triggered when there's debuffs or buffs. Obviously only to get the weekly seal RoE.

• Rughadjeen - Don't you want to collect all 5 Generals??

• Lhe - She might actually be better now... I haven't used her ever because she's a MNK.

• Mayakov - One of the best DD Trusts. His ultragay Coming Up Roses is basically a Rudra's Storm (I've seen as high as 20k... which is crazy for Trusts. Normally in the 13kish range.) Plus he gives you Haste Samba.

• Robel-Akbel - Pretty cool looking WSs he does. Also another magic caster, he seems to have a little more FC than others.

• Ullegore - almost competitive with Shantotto II. You basically trade speed (and thus DPS) and SC closing for nearly 4x the HP and stuns. He'll try to MB with T4s and T5s at about the same potency as Shantotto's T1s... but... a T1 with the power of a T5 > a T5 with no FC.

• Teodor - many of his autoattacks are magical (you can get him to basically always do his mini explosion if you summon him last); and how else can you have team gay?

• Darrcuiln - It's a laser shooting kitty. The fact I would have to justify having that to anyone is a hate crime.

• Abenzio, Mildaurion, & Rongelouts - They exist. (Mildaurion at least has interesting WSs in the Zilartian TP moves.)

Really, the main reason to have all the Trusts is so you can get really good ones like AAEV and Ygnas.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-16 12:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they change that at some point? Balamor couldn't be healed, but apparently he can now too.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2019-11-16 12:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe they did, though I think he was always healable with waltzes, blue magic, and/or summoner stuff.
By Mattelot 2019-11-18 06:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone explain "TP Bonus" to me as it relates to something like Moonshade earring? When I last played, some Samurai used Hagun, which had "TP Bonus" and would make a 1000 WS work like a 2000 WS. But TP Bonus +250, I don't understand.
By Nariont 2019-11-18 07:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Its exactly like hagun, just replace +1000 with 250, so you go at 1000, you get 1250 instead. This does not apply to aftermath tiers though, you need the exact amount for those
[+]
By Mattelot 2019-11-18 07:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I thought but maybe I've been wrong about WSs this whole time. Does 1250 TP do anything over 1000 TP? I've always thought that 1000, 2000 and 3000 were the thresholds for a WS doing anything better. If so, is 250 really that significant? It seems small but that 250 augment seems popular.
By Nariont 2019-11-18 07:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

its all an upward scale with damage varies til it hits 3k TP, so take savage blade, starts at 4.0 then quickly ramps up, up to 10.25 at 2k. so moonshade is always adding ftp, or in a duration scenerio, some extra seconds, what have you. Typically if its a damage varies, moonshade will beat out anything in that slot, hence why its so popular, same deal with the magian off-hands, despite them having high acc thresholds to overcome once you do they overtake anything in that slot.
By Mattelot 2019-11-18 07:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

An upward scale with damage varies. Are there specific points where fTP actually increase the output of a WS? Or will a bunch of 1100 TP WSs have a better damage average than the same number of 1000 TP WSs?
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-18 08:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
An upward scale with damage varies. Are there specific points where fTP actually increase the output of a WS? Or will a bunch of 1100 TP WSs have a better damage average than the same number of 1000 TP WSs?

Yes, that's exactly how it works. Weaponskills with "Damage varies by TP" all have a TP bonus mod (we know it as fTP), which acts as a multiplier with higher TP values. The scaling of that multiplier varies widely from weaponskill to weaponskill. For some weaponskills 250 TP adds more damage than others because they scale harder, but all weaponskills that behave like this will hit harder with the moonshade earring equipped. Moonshade earring's 250 TP bonus makes it the strongest earring in the game for every weaponskill that scales damage based off current TP.
By Mattelot 2019-11-18 08:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:

Yes, that's exactly how it works. Weaponskills with "Damage varies by TP" all have a TP bonus mod (we know it as fTP), which acts as a multiplier with higher TP values. The scaling of that multiplier varies widely from weaponskill to weaponskill. For some weaponskills 250 TP adds more damage than others because they scale harder, but all weaponskills that behave like this will hit harder with the moonshade earring equipped. Moonshade earring's 250 TP bonus makes it the strongest earring in the game for every weaponskill that scales damage based off current TP.

So I have been wrong for years. I was made to believe that 100% (1000) TP will be baseline. It will grow stronger with 200% (2000) etc. Anything in between is just "building up" and does not change anything.

Very interesting... thank you.

I've finished all missions except WotG since I've been back. Once I've finished mastering my current job, I'll get that earring and play around with it.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-18 08:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So I have been wrong for years. I was made to believe that 100% (1000) TP will be baseline. It will grow stronger with 200% (2000) etc. Anything in between is just "building up" and does not change anything.

The buildup is linear between the anchor tiers. Here's a few examples using Rudra's Storm. For reference, Rudra's tp mods are 5.0 at 1000, 10.0 at 2000, and 13.0 at 3000.

At 1000 TP it has a 5.0 fTP mod
At 1500 TP it has a 7.5 fTP mod
At 1750 TP it has a 8.75 fTP mod
at 2000 TP it has a 10.0 ftp mod
at 2500 TP it has a 11.5 fTP mod

250 TP from the moonshade earring is worth 1.25 fTP between 1000 and 2000 no matter what point it's used at, and from 2000 to 3000 tp it's worth 0.75 fTP . Rudra's scales better from 1K to 2K, so that's why the difference. But the scaling is linear between the anchor tiers, so moonshade is always worth using when your weaponskill has an fTP mod bonus.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-11-18 08:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Do notice that there are quite a few WS which extra tp doesnt affect the dmg directly. For example, WS with acc varying with tp, WS with status added varying with, etc.

Maybe those WS mislead you thinking about the relevance of overtping above 1000
By Mattelot 2019-11-18 09:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I understand now.

I asked years ago and have not questioned it since. It was just the 250 bonus that made me go o_O but now it makes sense.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-18 09:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There are also weaponskills with no tp scaling at all. Mercy stroke, for example, has a flat 5.0 TP across all ranges. If you weaponskill at 1K it has a 5.0 fTP mod, and if you weaposnkill at 3K, it still has a 5.0 fTP mod. It doesn't matter when you weaponskill, no matter what mercy stroke will always have a 5.0 fTP mod and that will never change. Moonshade earring is completely useless for mercy stroke because higher tp values do absolutely nothing for its damage.

And yeah, if the weaponskill's TP mod affects accuracy or a status effect duration/potency, then moonshade won't affect its baseline damage. There are also weaponskills capable of critical hitting where the tp mod affects critical hit rate, but those are probably worth using moonshade for because higher critical hit rate does translate to more damage over time. I'd use moonshade earring in evisceration for example.
By Mattelot 2019-11-18 10:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That's interesting. So getting higher TP for Mandau is pretty much only to maintain Aftermath, then WS at 1000 for 3 min? Then again, that's assuming you're using Mandau, which I've sadly heard is lackluster today unlike in 75 cap when it was a beast.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-18 11:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Tauret is stronger than Mandau in its current state. Relic weapons are in a pretty tough spot right now (all of them, really). I can't think of any jobs off the top of my head that don't have an empyrean, mythic, or aeonic they'd prefer to use over their relic. Shield and horn are still relevant, but the weapons have been power creeped pretty hard.
By Nariont 2019-11-18 12:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Gun is up there for RNG, apoc for the utility, the rest is about right, katana's still pretty good
By Mattelot 2019-11-18 13:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Gun is up there for RNG, apoc for the utility, the rest is about right, katana's still pretty good

Beat me to it. I partied with a RNG who used the gun and was dealing some massive damage and I read twice before today that Kikoku is still good.

Is Blade: Metsu even good?
First Page 2 3 ... 619 620 621 ... 831 832 833