Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 859 860 861
By Gimp 2012-07-14 21:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

is whirlwind durs applicable for Heavy Strike due to the reason you use Toci's over Magus +1?
 Pandemonium.Tatsuki
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: douten
By Pandemonium.Tatsuki 2012-07-14 22:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Crafting question. If you reach the cap for that craft say lvl 30. Would having a higher skill reduce the chance of break? or merely increase the chance of hq. So if a lvl 30 crafter does 1000x of that recipe vs a lvl 99 would he expect similar result in failure? If not where's the threshold? thanks :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By douten 2012-07-14 23:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome! thanks, very good to know :)
 Cerberus.Meatster
Server: Cerberus
user: Meatster
By Cerberus.Meatster 2012-07-14 23:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ebon_Visor

Does anyone know the snapshot on this piece? Was hoping it would be more then the 3% of Aurore or Zha'Go's. So much stuff about these pieces seem so blank.
By Gimp 2012-07-15 14:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at the recast script how do I set the variables so it appears on the far right of the screen? Or any general area where it's not blocking something important
 Ragnarok.Peanriri
Server: Ragnarok
user: Peanriri
By Ragnarok.Peanriri 2012-07-15 14:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Gimp said: »
Looking at the recast script how do I set the variables so it appears on the far right of the screen? Or any general area where it's not blocking something important

In your plugin folder you can open the recast .txt settings file and alter the position there. Just increase the X value to move it to the right.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-07-15 14:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Gimp said: »
I have my recast set at
X=900.0
Y=50.0

Which is next to the menu bar on the right.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-07-15 16:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

how/why do people do cop dyna on pld? I tried it for the first time today just messing around and it was going horribly procwise, so I pulled every dc rabbit and then this happened when they all got to 25% and im sure i took like 15k damage over the course of 1/2 a second right there

Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-16 07:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This is half-FFXI related and half-RL related.

I was thinking about this because I'm a freak.

A relic costs an average of like, 175,000,000g to get the base weapon and the 99 in terms of potential gil made and spent. It then costs an additional 3,750,000,000g to Afterglow.

3,925,000,000g to make an average 99 afterglow relic weapon. Goes a little higher if working with a more expensive relic like Ragnarok or something. When you're working with billions, though, it's a pittance.

So here's the question: can anyone think of a less *** monumental waste of time to an average human being than wasting the immense amount of time and veritably large amount of resources on a 99 Afterglow Relic? I think SE has actually done something very very special in actually succeeding in making the most amazingly wasteful activity within reach of an average adult human being.

What I mean by resources, straight edge gangstas look away now:

3,925,000,000g is worth about $42,233USD, or around 34669 euros at current USD:EUR exchange rates. You'd also have to account for the fact that buying so many marrows en masse is like, going to require cross-server commerce, so you're paying for server transfers and mule fees/extra accounts. Maybe an extra $500~$1500 all told.

Seriously. I may seem crazy, but this is *** crazy. Like, srs.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-16 07:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly believe it was meant to be given out at extremely rare events (aka jp only).

It generates more interest for people still deciding if they should go or not. If they have a chance at a weapon no one else has then it might push them to go.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-07-16 07:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
This is half-FFXI related and half-RL related.

I was thinking about this because I'm a freak.

A relic costs an average of like, 175,000,000g to get the base weapon and the 99 in terms of potential gil made and spent. It then costs an additional 3,750,000,000g to Afterglow.

3,925,000,000g to make an average 99 afterglow relic weapon. Goes a little higher if working with a more expensive relic like Ragnarok or something. When you're working with billions, though, it's a pittance.

So here's the question: can anyone think of a less *** monumental waste of time to an average human being than wasting the immense amount of time and veritably large amount of resources on a 99 Afterglow Relic? I think SE has actually done something very very special in actually succeeding in making the most amazingly wasteful activity within reach of an average adult human being.

What I mean by resources, straight edge gangstas look away now:

3,925,000,000g is worth about $42,233USD, or around 34669 euros at current USD:EUR exchange rates. You'd also have to account for the fact that buying so many marrows en masse is like, going to require cross-server commerce, so you're paying for server transfers and mule fees/extra accounts. Maybe an extra $500~$1500 all told.

Seriously. I may seem crazy, but this is *** crazy. Like, srs.

Who's making afterglow relics? But while that is crazy... every obstacle that's ever been put in the way of ffxi players has been conquered, and usually very very quickly. Maybe SE was just like, "screw it, let's see what they do about this!"
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-16 07:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not the point, it's potentially the single greatest time wasting possibility possible ever. Aside from playing Diablo 3. It just amazes me.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-07-16 08:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Meatster said: »
Ebon_Visor Does anyone know the snapshot on this piece? Was hoping it would be more then the 3% of Aurore or Zha'Go's. So much stuff about these pieces seem so blank.

It's 3%. I remember getting one made and hoping it would be superior to the (at the time) hard to get Zha'Go. I was dissapointed. I still use this on RNG because it's like my 9th string job and I never got anything to replace it :x

Ragnarok.Peanriri said: »

Who let you in here? *eats*
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-07-16 22:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know where I can find the Red Hair .dat file for Hume F? I had to reinstall on a new system awhile back and I lost the .dat and have`nt been able to find it since.

Old pic but this is basically the .dat im looking for...

HQ face with red hair.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-07-16 23:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
how/why do people do cop dyna on pld? I tried it for the first time today just messing around and it was going horribly procwise, so I pulled every dc rabbit and then this happened when they all got to 25% and im sure i took like 15k damage over the course of 1/2 a second right there

Just thinking out loud since no one else responded, but maybe you needed more PDT with Phalanx or something so they would have all hit for 0 and thus not gotten TP for all of that?
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-07-16 23:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

they hit for more than 0 even in -50% pdt :\ dcs are no joke lol even if i was in my full -dt set when they all tp'd me at once I'm pretty sure I still would have died

I just dont see how/why people do dynamis on pld, the procrate on nontargeted mobs is horrible and by the time you do 10 aeolian edges the mobs are all dead and unprocced
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-07-16 23:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

They nerfed the AoE proc rate on mobs maybe a month after cop dyna was released, so it isn't close to worthwhile anymore.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-07-16 23:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I never tried it before yesterday but every time I go into bubu theres someone pld/thf doing wsproc timeslot
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-07-17 00:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Either their only job or:

[+]
 Asura.Leairc
user: Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-07-18 13:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
This is half-FFXI related and half-RL related. I was thinking about this because I'm a freak. A relic costs an average of like, 175,000,000g to get the base weapon and the 99 in terms of potential gil made and spent. It then costs an additional 3,750,000,000g to Afterglow. 3,925,000,000g to make an average 99 afterglow relic weapon. Goes a little higher if working with a more expensive relic like Ragnarok or something. When you're working with billions, though, it's a pittance. So here's the question: can anyone think of a less *** monumental waste of time to an average human being than wasting the immense amount of time and veritably large amount of resources on a 99 Afterglow Relic? I think SE has actually done something very very special in actually succeeding in making the most amazingly wasteful activity within reach of an average adult human being. What I mean by resources, straight edge gangstas look away now: 3,925,000,000g is worth about $42,233USD, or around 34669 euros at current USD:EUR exchange rates. You'd also have to account for the fact that buying so many marrows en masse is like, going to require cross-server commerce, so you're paying for server transfers and mule fees/extra accounts. Maybe an extra $500~$1500 all told. Seriously. I may seem crazy, but this is *** crazy. Like, srs.

My AZN friend said to me once (in reference to the fact of what you just said and my question on why FFXI is such a grandiose waste of my life becuz everything takes FFEVAR,") "We like to grind. Grinding is our life. If they don't give us grinding games, they make no more money. No money, no happiness. Why do you think MapleStory is so infamous?" Then I said, "I like to have sex, eat pizza, and drink beer. ..... Bad taru /slap."
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-18 13:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leairc said: »
I like to have sex, eat pizza, and drink beer.
Don't we all!
[+]
 Asura.Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-07-18 13:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Asura.Leairc said: »
I like to have sex, eat pizza, and drink beer.
Don't we all!

Can I interest you my good sir lady at 1:50PM in the afternoon?

Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-18 13:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed, but I'm a lady :p
 Asura.Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-07-18 13:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed, but I'm a lady :p

If you suddenly get spammed 30 PM'S that say a/s/l... I will feel bad becuz my stereotypical male response caused you to remind me that you are indeed not masculine in your proclivities, and I sincerely hope you'll forgive me if I say ..... WANNA DO SHOTS THEN!? >:D
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-18 13:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, let's not derail RQT!!
 Asura.Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-07-18 14:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, let's not derail RQT!!

Yes, you're right. Then I do have a question:

Can someone tell me how to get to the auction house? tee hee lol ^^* (-in Windy next to a galka and an elf-)
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-07-18 14:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

run east till you zone into windurst woods, then run wouth of the fountain and into the tunnle and it will be on the left.

Thats directions from the only galka I can think of in windy.
[+]
 Asura.Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-07-18 14:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
run east till you zone into windurst woods, then run wouth of the fountain and into the tunnle and it will be on the left. Thats directions from the only galka I can think of in windy.

You are a boss.
 Lakshmi.Bravefencer
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Bravefencer 2012-07-18 20:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

hello! anyone know how i can change allegiance from steamed rams(sandoria_s) to fighting fourth(bastok_s), can't find it on wiki
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 859 860 861