Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 592 593 594 ... 604 605 606
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-22 15:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
DDoS in retaliation for the "banwave" this morning oh em geez
 Siren.Mosin
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-05-22 15:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply
 
clearlyamule said: »
They crack down pretty quick on that kind of stuff if reported. Had one guy on Shiva pretty infamous for doing long rants/drama in shout for hours usually at how Hiep must be an rmt even though he's usually not even online for them lol. One day he slipped up and started saying all of a certain country were dirty RMTs working in cafes. And he was gone while still in conversation with GM

he's still there, and still goes on weird rants about Hiep.

(different name now)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
Posts: 5836
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-22 19:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bans usually go out tues/wed morning at ~4-5pm JST regardless of the cause, so I wouldn't jump straight to a single ban wave.

There are still things they've consistantly banned for over the past X months, despite most being allowed to slide. The biggest example I can think of is using bidder or similar on a loop(spamming significant amounts of AH bids faster than client allows). I have not heard of bans for maintenance mode, farm botting, or anything basic in quite a while.

Perhaps they reinstated banning for another offense and the people being hit were the first to be hit for it. None of my characters have been, so can't comment on any potential cause.


(Also getting the R0s on Leviathan, for what it's worth. Was running dyna-d last night for a shell mate who just returned and our tank was d/cing literally every 5 minutes to the point we warped out and decided to go back later.)
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
Posts: 4153
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-05-23 03:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Getting R0 with 2 people in Dho Gates, both of them being me. It's a general issue it seems. I couldn't even log out my mules yesterday to do dailies, R0 would happen every time I'd press it.

So far the people who have been banned and that I know of were all afk farming stuff related to sparks. RMTs haven't been banned, so it can't be so simple.

I'd lean toward someone reporting specific people (and filling good/detailed reports) or a specific farming method being finally punished.
There is also the possibility of a GM hunting specific abuses/people. It's against policy but it's very easy to do (and so far the few people I heard of getting banned had people hating them for a reason or another, mainly jealousy though).
Offline
Posts: 2072
By DirectX 2019-05-23 04:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
What tool/s were they using?

All the CP bots are still in Dho Gates which I imagine are using Scripted/EasyFarm.
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-23 04:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Yeah that's the most obvious thing right there. If you /sea dhogates wohgates you'll know when and if bots are getting popped.

Spoiler, they aren't
[+]
Offline
Posts: 464
By tyalangan 2019-05-23 08:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
GENERALLY**, with above average gear in a mid buff uncapped scenerio how much STR equals 1 WSD? (Fudo,Savage)

Trying not to toss some good Oseem augments.
 Odin.Botosi
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Botosi
Posts: 67
By Odin.Botosi 2019-05-23 17:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Are the WHM gifts for cure potency % or flat out HP added to the cure?

"Cure potency +6" --- is that 6% or literally 6HP?
 Lakshmi.Mingway
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1
By Lakshmi.Mingway 2019-05-23 18:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
What's the easiest way to get the monthly Gardening RoE objective done for the Deed of heroism?
Offline
Posts: 107
By Cronnus 2019-05-23 18:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Odin.Botosi said: »
Are the WHM gifts for cure potency % or flat out HP added to the cure?

"Cure potency +6" --- is that 6% or literally 6HP?

6%
 Siren.Kyte
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2965
By Siren.Kyte 2019-05-23 18:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
+6 before +% modifiers, similar to +mdmg
[+]
Offline
By clearlyamule 2019-05-23 21:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Siren.Mosin said: »
clearlyamule said: »
They crack down pretty quick on that kind of stuff if reported. Had one guy on Shiva pretty infamous for doing long rants/drama in shout for hours usually at how Hiep must be an rmt even though he's usually not even online for them lol. One day he slipped up and started saying all of a certain country were dirty RMTs working in cafes. And he was gone while still in conversation with GM

he's still there, and still goes on weird rants about Hiep.

(different name now)
Oh I know but for a good week or 2 he ranted about how he got his account he's had since NA launch or something banned. It was glorious. Waiting for him to slip up again
[+]
Offline
Posts: 2204
By Taint 2019-05-24 05:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
tyalangan said: »
GENERALLY**, with above average gear in a mid buff uncapped scenerio how much STR equals 1 WSD? (Fudo,Savage)

Trying not to toss some good Oseem augments.


Generally 5str is 1 WSdmg is a good guide.

The easiest way is to make an excel page with your WS damage formula. Add you Mods, and current wsdmg and then play with the numbers.
 Asura.Kusaregedo
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: kafuin
Posts: 218
By Asura.Kusaregedo 2019-05-24 10:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
anyone have wave 2 and 3 accuracy requirements handy?
 Siren.Mosin
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-05-24 11:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
clearlyamule said: »
Oh I know but for a good week or 2 he ranted about how he got his account he's had since NA launch or something banned. It was glorious. Waiting for him to slip up again

what's your name on shiva?
Offline
By clearlyamule 2019-05-24 15:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Siren.Mosin said: »
clearlyamule said: »
Oh I know but for a good week or 2 he ranted about how he got his account he's had since NA launch or something banned. It was glorious. Waiting for him to slip up again

what's your name on shiva?
I go by many names but you've probably most likely seen me shouting as Urmom
[+]
Offline
Posts: 66
By silvanesti 2019-05-24 17:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Trove Mars Orb bc is freezing my game upon trading. I can move the camera around, but thats it. And it doesn't give the option to select the fight. I have to force close the game. 2 days ago it was fine.

Anyone else getting this?
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-24 17:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Apparently its a steam thing. Lots of people having the issue with the steam version.
Offline
Posts: 66
By silvanesti 2019-05-24 18:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ah kk...thanks ;o;

Does it sometimes work, or is there a workaround? Or ur screwed when it starts happening?

Because it was fine 2 days ago...
Offline
Posts: 7
By asuraasrial 2019-05-24 20:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'm wanting to do the Ifrit fight for monthly RoE but having difficulty figuring out what the prerequisites are. I just did Trial by Fire and I still cannot buy the KI to enter the fight. Can anyone advise? Aside from the fight I just did I haven't completed anything summoner related.
 Asura.Chaostaru
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 686
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-24 20:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
asuraasrial said: »
I'm wanting to do the Ifrit fight for monthly RoE but having difficulty figuring out what the prerequisites are. I just did Trial by Fire and I still cannot buy the KI to enter the fight. Can anyone advise? Aside from the fight I just did I haven't completed anything summoner related.

have to fight them all because its avatar phantom gem not ifrit phantom gem

silvanesti said: »
Ah kk...thanks ;o;

Does it sometimes work, or is there a workaround? Or ur screwed when it starts happening?

Because it was fine 2 days ago...
save your macros to the server in the character selection screen, then fully uninstall the game from your computer. Then download the new Installer off playonline website and reinstall. takes like 20min.
Steam forced an outdated update and it broke the game.
Offline
Posts: 7
By asuraasrial 2019-05-24 20:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
asuraasrial said: »
I'm wanting to do the Ifrit fight for monthly RoE but having difficulty figuring out what the prerequisites are. I just did Trial by Fire and I still cannot buy the KI to enter the fight. Can anyone advise? Aside from the fight I just did I haven't completed anything summoner related.

have to fight them all because its avatar phantom gem not ifrit phantom gem

silvanesti said: »
Ah kk...thanks ;o;

Does it sometimes work, or is there a workaround? Or ur screwed when it starts happening?

Because it was fine 2 days ago...
save your macros to the server in the character selection screen, then fully uninstall the game from your computer. Then download the new Installer off playonline website and reinstall. takes like 20min.
Steam forced an outdated update to people and it broke the game.

Thank you much :)
Offline
Posts: 66
By silvanesti 2019-05-24 20:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
asuraasrial said: »
I'm wanting to do the Ifrit fight for monthly RoE but having difficulty figuring out what the prerequisites are. I just did Trial by Fire and I still cannot buy the KI to enter the fight. Can anyone advise? Aside from the fight I just did I haven't completed anything summoner related.

have to fight them all because its avatar phantom gem not ifrit phantom gem

silvanesti said: »
Ah kk...thanks ;o;

Does it sometimes work, or is there a workaround? Or ur screwed when it starts happening?

Because it was fine 2 days ago...
save your macros to the server in the character selection screen, then fully uninstall the game from your computer. Then download the new Installer off playonline website and reinstall. takes like 20min.
Steam forced an outdated update and it broke the game.

Thanks I'll give it a go.
Offline
Posts: 653
By Nyarlko 2019-05-24 21:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
asuraasrial said: »
I'm wanting to do the Ifrit fight for monthly RoE but having difficulty figuring out what the prerequisites are. I just did Trial by Fire and I still cannot buy the KI to enter the fight. Can anyone advise? Aside from the fight I just did I haven't completed anything summoner related.

The full requirements to unlock the Avatar Phantom Gem would actually be: Turn in each of the 6 elemental avatar whisper KIs for a reward.

Even choosing Gil works if you don't have SMN unlocked. The key point is that you have to actually turn in the KIs. If you beat all 6 for the first time and still have the KIs in possession, you can't buy the HTB KI. Also, using them on Fenrir doesn't count either :(
[+]
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: echohawk
Posts: 13
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2019-05-25 11:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Is it worth it to merit farm to get pulse weapons? I triple box, so I can aoe in Escha Ru'Aun pretty decently, but its a long, slow climb to 25k. Would I be better off doing VW or T3 Zi'tah NM's?
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-25 11:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply
 
The best option is zitah 3's for sure. Especially on "not asura" and with multibox.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lilianna
Posts: 104
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-05-25 11:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I wouldn't try to get one from voidwatch until its a hmp campaign, because at least then you aren't wasting your time completely (serious, its like 1/10000 from voidwatch or something)
[+]
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: echohawk
Posts: 13
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2019-05-25 12:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Okay awesome thank you both! I'm veru relieved to know theres something better.
First Page 2 3 ... 592 593 594 ... 604 605 606
Log in to post.